• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I also just lost 200,000 echoes. I can make those back fairly easily at Mergo's loft, inside 15 minutes, but nope, still not happy when it happens. I definitely care a lot less than I would early on in the game(probably specifically because Mergo's Loft is there to replenish me, or else that wouldn't be the case), but I think I just have a significantly different playstyle philosophy than most people here for you guys to not care about losing them at all. The only time I'm not gonna care is when I have nothing left to buy.

Sorry, but I can't help but 1) point at my previous reply on the matter, and 2) ask how in the hell were you carrying 200k in the first place. I don't think I've ever had more than 100k on myself, seriously, how do you amass 200k without buying anything or levelling up, let alone lose them?

Caja 117

I usually just kill a few if I have to, but it's an area where you can just run passed the enemy easy enough. Only the headless ones can be deadly.

Yeah that's what I have been doing so far, got the armor set, and opened the elevator shortcut, I also want an area to grind some bloodechoes, I feel that I'm underleveled to go trough the unseen village, I'm at 64, My build has 26 strength, 20 in Arcane, 17 Skill, 9 Bloodthinge. I know I have vitality plus 20 and Endurance as well., My main has been going between Hunter Ax, the Cane and Ludwigs sword, last one I don't use it as often.

Yeah that's what I have been doing so far, got the armor set, and opened the elevator shortcut, I also want an area to grind some bloodechoes, I feel that I'm underleveled to go trough the unseen village, I'm at 64, My build has 26 strength, 20 in Arcane, 17 Skill, 9 Bloodthinge. I know I have vitality plus 20 and Endurance as well., My main has been going between Hunter Ax, the Cane and Ludwigs sword, last one I don't use it as often.
Why do you have 20 in arcane? What kind of build are you going for?

Veelk

Banned
Sorry, but I can't help but 1) point at my previous reply on the matter, and 2) ask how in the hell were you carrying 200k in the first place. I don't think I've ever had more than 100k on myself, seriously, how do you amass 200k without buying anything or levelling up, let alone lose them?

I can't help but feel that conversations here are somewhat reminiscent of this.

I mean, in your post, you called yourself overleveled at Nightmare of Mensis at level 78. I entered there swaggering at 100 or so. And it's still not enough. Ideally, I'll finish my first playthrough at 181, where I have 50 in skill, strength, and BT, with 16 in Arcane. And I'm restraining myself by keeping Arcane at 16, intending to level that up on my next playthrough.

And you're right, no one NEEDS that high a level or that high stats in various catergories. But I can't explain it any other way than that's not how I want to play. It galls me to think that there are all these really cool, unique weapons, and I can only touch maybe a quarter of them per playthrough.

As for how I can have 200,000, the area of Mergo's loft, with 3 Moon Runes, yields around 90,000 echoes per run. I got those 200K back in 5 minutes. And I didn't really buy anything because I wanted to hit 250K, since right now, 1 level up costs me about 125, and since I was that close, I felt I might as well. But right now, I just bought all the weapons in the shop and am leveling them up right now, and that's taking a huge chunk by itself. But I'm doing it because I want all the bacon.

All the bacon. Not some bacon, not enough to get me through the game. All of it.

krioto

I had 250,000 echoes going into the Shadows of Yharnam boss fight last night - lost them 3 times but then managed to win, and take home ~450,000

I like the risk/reward payoff - it makes boss fights all the more exciting, and I don't really even need the echoes.

I mean, in your post, you called yourself overleveled at Nightmare of Mensis at level 78. I entered there swaggering at 100 or so. And it's still not enough. Ideally, I'll finish my first playthrough at 181, where I have 50 in skill, strength, and BT, with 16 in Arcane. And I'm restraining myself by keeping Arcane at 16, intending to level that up on my next playthrough.

And you're right, no one NEEDS that high a level or that high stats in various catergories. But I can't explain it any other way than that's not how I want to play. It galls me to think that there are all these really cool, unique weapons, and I can only touch maybe a quarter of them per playthrough.

As for how I can have 200,000, the area of Mergo's loft, with 3 Moon Runes, yields around 90,000 echoes per run. I got those 200K back in 5 minutes. And I didn't really buy anything because I wanted to hit 250K, since right now, 1 level up costs me about 125, and since I was that close, I felt I might as well. But right now, I just bought all the weapons in the shop and am leveling them up right now, and that's taking a huge chunk by itself. But I'm doing it because I want all the bacon.

All the bacon. Not some bacon, not enough to get me through the came. All of it.
Can't wait for you to play Demons' Souls and start talking about World Tendency...

This is my first character so I play around with a lot with different stuff usually ending with a character like this, I just got the weapon that has bolt on it, and want to see how it goes.
Tonitrus is good, but I just never stuck with it. Same can be said for the LHB, I'm probably one of the few people on here that has never beaten the game with Ludwig's Holy Blade. It's honestly just a boring weapon to me.

Caja 117

Tonitrus is good, but I just never stuck with it. Same can be said for the LHB, I'm probably one of the few people on here that has never beaten the game with Ludwig's Holy Blade. It's honestly just a boring weapon to me.
I'm just looking to see if I find any weapon that I like the best, so Far that's the Hunter ax and Cane, I didn't like the saw cleaver, I think the untrasformed state is useless.

This is my first character so I play around with a lot with different stuff usually ending with a character like this, I just got the weapon that has bolt on it, and want to see how it goes.

The weapon is pretty cool to use, just not overcharged it because it degrades it faster , one charge is enough to fight. 20 points is good enough to play with arcane weapons, dont forget to put gems on it to maximize its damage. How is your vit?

I'm just looking to see if I find any weapon that I like the best, so Far that's the Hunter ax and Cane, I didn't like the saw cleaver, I think the untrasformed state is useless.
I still have yet to use that thing. Cane is life, some of the DLC weapons are pretty damn good too.

Caja 117

The weapon is pretty cool to use, just not overcharged it because it degrades it faster , one charge is enough to fight. 20 points is good enough to play with arcane weapons, dont forget to put gems on it to maximize its damage. How is your vit?

20+, maybe 23.

I still have yet to use that thing. Cane is life, some of the DLC weapons are pretty damn good too.

You mean the hunter Ax?, I like the Normal version a lot, and the reach of the Transformed version is what I'm looking for as well, For been a str scaling weapon is really quick in the attacks. but I had a choice of leveling to plus 7 either the Ax or the LHB as I had 3 chunks, and I ended up leveling the LHB, maybe because I found the enemies in Cainhurst were very resistance to my Attacks with the Ax.

Oibignose

Finished my first play through today. Killed all bosses including the DLC ones. So, so glad I didn't give up in the first few hours. First souls game for me but certainly won't be my last, already made a start on Demon's souls and Dark souls on my PS3 when I hit a wall in Bloodborne at rom. Found that taking a break when I hit a hard boss and coming back later helped almost every time.

Seems like it's taken me forever. The last DLC boss nearly made me pull out what little hair I have left but I got him in the end. The game has been one of the best gaming experiences I've had and I'm looking forward to spending the next year or so going through the other souls games.

20+, maybe 23.

You mean the hunter Ax?, I like the Normal version a lot, and the reach of the Transformed version is what I'm looking for as well, For been a str scaling weapon is really quick in the attacks. but I had a choice of leveling to plus 7 either the Ax or the LHB as I had 3 chunks, and I ended up leveling the LHB, maybe because I found the enemies in Cainhurst were very resistance to my Attacks with the Ax.
Get the dlc and invest in the pizza cutter, that weapon is awesome.

Finished my first play through today. Killed all bosses including the DLC ones. So, so glad I didn't give up in the first few hours. First souls game for me but certainly won't be my last, already made a start on Demon's souls and Dark souls on my PS3 when I hit a wall in Bloodborne at rom. Found that taking a break when I hit a hard boss and coming back later helped almost every time.

Seems like it's taken me forever. The last DLC boss nearly made me pull out what little hair I have left but I got him in the end. The game has been one of the best gaming experiences I've had and I'm looking forward to spending the next year or so going through the other souls games.
Great to hear. :)

I mean, in your post, you called yourself overleveled at Nightmare of Mensis at level 78.

Not at all, I didn't say I was overlevelled. What I said was that I had reached level 78 in 20 hours, with zero grinding (not having reached Mergo's Loft even) to highlight how that way of playing (not overreaching, spending whenever I have too much, then rushing back to where I was) is much more efficient in the long run. Let me put it another way. What level are you and how many hours did you spend getting there?

I entered there swaggering at 100 or so. And it's still not enough. Ideally, I'll finish my first playthrough at 181, where I have 50 in skill, strength, and BT, with 16 in Arcane. And I'm restraining myself by keeping Arcane at 16, intending to level that up on my next playthrough.

What the fuck. :D

Well, as long as you're fine in the knowledge that levelling up a character that high takes way more time than levelling up three separate specialized characters. And more importantly, that your high level character will be completely useless in any kind of multiplayer situation (versus or coop) because it'll be either downlevelled proportionally making all of his stats crap, or be vastly outclassed by specialized characters at any comparable level.

As for how I can have 200,000, the area of Mergo's loft, with 3 Moon Runes, yields around 90,000 echoes per run. I got those 200K back in 5 minutes.

That's not the point at all. You said you're not happy when you lose that much, and I said there was no reason you should ever be in a situation where you'd lose that much. Since...

And I didn't really buy anything because I wanted to hit 250K, since right now, 1 level up costs me about 125, and since I was that close, I felt I might as well.

But that's the thing, you had to either port back to the Hunter's Dream or use a Hunter's Mark to reset the run; why not use those 125k to level up before the next lap?

But right now, I just bought all the weapons in the shop and am leveling them up right now, and that's taking a huge chunk by itself. But I'm doing it because I want all the bacon.

Just curious, how are you even getting enough chunks? Yet another reason to make three specialized characters is that you get a lot of chunks as one-time lootable objects, meaning you have enough to level up each character's specialized weapons. With a single character you'd have to farm a ridiculous amount of chunks if you want to level up every weapon (or even half of them) to level 10, and there's really no easy way to do that other than killing absurd amounts of enough blue-eyed werewolves. Either that or NG+(++++), which again makes the whole "not making more than one character" kind of pointless.

All the bacon. Not some bacon, not enough to get me through the game. All of it.

Sure, I can understand that, I'm a completionist too and always want to have the perfect savegame in RPGs. I just wonder if it's a humanly reasonable undertaking in this particular game, let alone more efficient than having three different characters. But it's definitely a way to play the game and now I'm curious how it will all end up.

Veelk

Banned
Not at all, I didn't say I was overlevelled. What I said was that I had reached level 78 in 20 hours, with zero grinding (not having reached Mergo's Loft even) to highlight how that way of playing (not overreaching, spending whenever I have too much, then rushing back to where I was) is much more efficient in the long run. Let me put it another way. What level are you and how many hours did you spend getting there?

You said it right there in your post, last paragraph.

I just checked, and I'm edging in on 70 hours. Keep in mind this is my first time through the game, and I've been taking things leisurely one way or another. The average time to complete the main story alone, without any deviations, is 35 hours, but between doing all optional content except some of the chalices and the story, I'm well in the range of the average playthrough, all things considered.

And keep in mind that this is not just my first playthrough of the game, but also my first souls game in general. Extra time for adjustment is warranted. I also don't claim to be an exceptional player in any sense. Hell, half the reason I don't want to bother with PvP is that I just assume most people would eat my lunch online and I don't want to deal with that.

What the fuck. :D

It's okay to admit your jelly of my huge stats

Well, as long as you're fine in the knowledge that levelling up a character that high takes way more time than levelling up three separate specialized characters. And more importantly, that your high level character will be completely useless in any kind of multiplayer situation (versus or coop) because it'll be either downlevelled proportionally making all of his stats crap, or be vastly outclassed by specialized characters at any comparable level.

Again, I doubt this. For one, as mentioned above you're assuming I'm going to play this with patience and skill and finesse. Nope. I do well enough to get by, and leave it at that. I don't have the patience required to be as methodical as you're describing yourself to be. For another, if you're doing it in 20 hours, I'm assuming that means you're not doing the optional areas? Or atleast not all of them? I would probably want to do those. Or you might be, but again, I'm not good enough to do it that same time frame.

That's not the point at all. You said you're not happy when you lose that much, and I said there was no reason you should ever be in a situation where you'd lose that much. Since...

But that's the thing, you had to either port back to the Hunter's Dream or use a Hunter's Mark to reset the run; why not use those 125k to level up before the next lap?

That was just carelessness and impatience. Yeah, I could have done it, but I don't like going back and forth for 1 level, and I can reliably kill the enemies in the grind spot if I'm careful. I managed to get away with everything 95% of the time. I'm not happy when that 5% happens, but it'd be more tedious to go back each time. Maybe if you had an item that directly teleports to the hunters dream....

Just curious, how are you even getting enough chunks? Yet another reason to make three specialized characters is that you get a lot of chunks as one-time lootable objects, meaning you have enough to level up each character's specialized weapons. With a single character you'd have to farm a ridiculous amount of chunks if you want to level up every weapon (or even half of them) to level 10, and there's really no easy way to do that other than killing absurd amounts of enough blue-eyed werewolves. Either that or NG+(++++), which again makes the whole "not making more than one character" kind of pointless.

Upper cathedral werewolves + eye runes. I get one about 1 in 5 times, and they only take like a minute to do. If I had the 3rd eye rune, that percentage would probably be even more frequent.

I am planning on making a NG+ run though once I get the character up to snuff. From there, I can get what I need.

Sure, I can understand that, I'm a completionist too and always want to have the perfect savegame in RPGs. I just wonder if it's a humanly reasonable undertaking in this particular game, let alone more efficient than having three different characters. But it's definitely a way to play the game and now I'm curious how it will all end up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJsZx0ysj_U

You can make 80,000 souls in 5 minutes. I know it says 120,000, but he went from recovering 120K at the beginning to having 200K at the end. From this calculator, I officially need 7,200,000 more echoes to get to 181 like I want. Assuming I do NOTHING but this grind, and I don't make any mistake, it will take me 7.5 hours to complete. Now, keep in mind that I am NOT going to do this. I have the Old Hunters to play, and chalice dungeons. Even without Grinding, I have plenty of game left. But if I do grind as a supplement to normal gameplay, it doesn't add that much time, while also giving you higher than normal levels.

Dahbomb

You can easily play any weapon or build.

Just gotta sacrifice all your vit and stamina for it!

Also in high level Chalices you get way more Souls. In addition, at the point where you are at it's more effective to start a new game + and get to Mergo's Loft in NG+ then farm that. You get more souls per kill in NG+.

So you can cut down that grind time by a lot.

And honestly levels don't make a huge difference. Get your stats to the minimum for a weapon/item then equip the best gems, upgrade weapons and it's enough to be usable. People have cleared NG+7 with their bare hands and no stats.

Veelk

Banned
Old Hunter DLC adventures.

Huh, that's wierd. There were some enemies in this dark room, but not as much as I expect. There's something fishy going in here, something I'm not aware of yet. Wait, why is that old man in a wheelchair bee-*BOOM*

Old Hunter DLC adventures.

Huh, that's wierd. There were some enemies in this dark room, but not as much as I expect. There's something fishy going in here, something I'm not aware of yet. Wait, why is that old man in a wheelchair bee-*BOOM*
I play this with headphones. I started rolling away the moment I heard the *tick tick tick* and escaped that.

Veelk

Banned
I play this with headphones. I started rolling away the moment I heard the *tick tick tick* and escaped that.

So did I, but it also exploded the barrels, and I didn't escape them exploding.

I can handle almost all the old hunters reliably except for the ax guys. Their timing for getting hit is really weird.

And I STILL HATE THOSE FUCKING BLOOD TICK MONSTROCITIES, CHRIST

And also, I'm just minding my own business in the dark cave and suddenly BSB shows up. I had no idea he was in here, so that was a pleasant surprise. And by pleasant surprise, I mean "FUCK, YOU AGAIN?!?" Managed to kill him though

Died when I went up on the bridge to clear out the gunmen. Turns out there were more of them than I thought and they all decided to fire at once.

Yeah, Old Hunters is definitely living up to be a challenge. Just wishing I had a map for the place though.

You can easily play any weapon or build.

Just gotta sacrifice all your vit and stamina for it!

Also in high level Chalices you get way more Souls. In addition, at the point where you are at it's more effective to start a new game + and get to Mergo's Loft in NG+ then farm that. You get more souls per kill in NG+.

So you can cut down that grind time by a lot.

And honestly levels don't make a huge difference. Get your stats to the minimum for a weapon/item then equip the best gems, upgrade weapons and it's enough to be usable. People have cleared NG+7 with their bare hands and no stats.

Well, if I got to the end of the game twice over, I'm guessing I'll be done with leveling.

And I just like making sure all my character aspects are up to snuff. But you're right, leveling up weapons is so much more effective, which is probably why I'll start a new game after Old Hunters anyway, because it's hard to grind for blood chunks, even if it's possible.

So did I, but it also exploded the barrels, and I didn't escape them exploding.

I can handle almost all the old hunters reliably except for the ax guys. Their timing for getting hit is really weird.

And I STILL HATE THOSE FUCKING BLOOD TICK MONSTROCITIES, CHRIST

And also, I'm just minding my own business in the dark cave and suddenly BSB shows up. I had no idea he was in here, so that was a pleasant surprise. And by pleasant surprise, I mean "FUCK, YOU AGAIN?!?" Managed to kill him though

Died when I went up on the bridge to clear out the gunmen. Turns out there were more of them than I thought and they all decided to fire at once.

Yeah, Old Hunters is definitely living up to be a challenge. Just wishing I had a map for the place though.
You don't need a map for there, now for the next area, you need a map, I hate that place. It even has a set of fucking Inception stairs in it.

Dahbomb

The Bloodsuckers are much weaker (relatively) in the DLC.

When you first enter Cainhurst they are ridiculously strong but by the time you tackle the DLC, you should be able to handle them.

And I just like making sure all my character aspects are up to snuff. But you're right, leveling up weapons is so much more effective, which is probably why I'll start a new game after Old Hunters anyway, because it's hard to grind for blood chunks, even if it's possible.
You just play some Chalices and you will get a bunch in the higher ones. Plus you can just purchase Chunks from the shop for Insight. You should have a bunch of Madman's Knowledge stocked up that you can spend on Chunks.

There numbers on the floors but still finding the rare items there is kinda of annoying with those patients.

The Bloodsuckers are much weaker (relatively) in the DLC.

When you first enter Cainhurst they are ridiculously strong but by the time you tackle the DLC, you should be able to handle them.

Thats because Cainhurst Bloodsuckers are well fed while the Old Hunters are feeding, look at their bellies

Veelk

Banned
Ludwig the Accursed.

HOW IS THAT THING EVEN A THING

Edit: Holy FUCK at this thing!

Honestly, this is what I expected most Bloodborne bosses to be like. Not in design, but in difficulty. Besides Logarius and Gascoigne (who may have only been hard as he was my first boss), they've been not easy, but not as difficult as I was expecting. And whenever I saw a giant boss, I'm thinking "oh, good, it's attacks will be slow and telegraphed". It's always the human sized fighters you have to fear in any action game.

Not this I-don't-even-know-what. He's so damn relentlessly aggressive I can't find time to drink potions before he attacks again. Goddamn.

grmlin

I found my first blood rock yesterday. Fuck those wandering lanterns or what they are called!

Anyway. I don't know what weapon I will use it with. I run an arcane build with arcane 50 atm and have the Tonitrus at +9 and a cleaver +9 with fire gems that destroys beasts.

I don't like the Tonitrus' move set and range that much. Should I use another weapon with bolt gems as an alternative?

Thanks a lot for any tips or thoughts you have.

Ludwig the Accursed.

HOW IS THAT THING EVEN A THING

Edit: Holy FUCK at this thing!

Honestly, this is what I expected most Bloodborne bosses to be like. Not in design, but in difficulty. Besides Logarius and Gascoigne (who may have only been hard as he was my first boss), they've been not easy, but not as difficult as I was expecting. And whenever I saw a giant boss, I'm thinking "oh, good, it's attacks will be slow and telegraphed". It's always the human sized fighters you have to fear in any action game.

Not this I-don't-even-know-what. He's so damn relentlessly aggressive I can't find time to drink potions before he attacks again. Goddamn.

Is a horse, paladin, hunter, failed experiment, bloodthirsty, jedi ! You are not supposed to heal but lure him to do his strongers attacks to find a window to heal

I found my first blood rock yesterday. Fuck those wandering lanterns or what they are called!

Anyway. I don't know what weapon I will use it with. I run an arcane build with arcane 50 atm and have the Tonitrus at +9 and a cleaver +9 with fire gems that destroys beasts.

I don't like the Tonitrus' move set and range that much. Should I use another weapon with bolt gems as an alternative?

Thanks a lot for any tips or thoughts you have.

Tonitrus beneficts more with physical gems and lightning gems , adding more sources of damage would cripple the weapon. The cleaver would be a better candiate for fire gems.

Still if you own the DLC you can go for more specialized arcanes weapons aka Moonlight Sword (Arcane weapon) and Boomhammer (a fire damage weapon)

grmlin

Is a horse, paladin, hunter, failed experiment, bloodthirsty, jedi ! You are not supposed to heal but lure him to do his strongers attacks to find a window to heal

Tonitrus beneficts more with physical gems and lightning gems , adding more sources of damage would cripple the weapon. The cleaver would be a better candiate for fire gems.

Still if you own the DLC you can go for more specializard arcanes weapons aka Moonlight Sword (Arcane weapon) and Boomhammer (a fire damage weapon)

Thanks! I use the Tonitrus with bolt gems of course. I think I'll dive into the DLC next. Should I kill the wet nurse before or after that?

grimmiq

Finally cleared The Old Hunters, swallowed my pride and summoned someone in for Orphan, I found a strategy that worked, but I think I had the wrong weapon to do it reliably. I regret using the Saif, was great at first but that forward momentum kinda fucked with my aiming/positioning way more than I thought it would.

Ready for DS3 now.

grmlin

I'm starting a new game now, i wanna try an arcane build this time, any tips for this? weapons?

I went with the saw cleaver and put the fire gem into it as soon as I could. That and the fire sprayer at +6 destroy bests like nothing else if you level your arcane. Others go with the saw spear, I think it's a matter of taste.
I went for the Tonitrus the moment the kidnappers appeared and it's great against kin and most of the other non-beast enemies. But prepare to repair your Tonitrus every time you have the chance to do so. It's fragile as fuck, especially transformed.

Anyway, I found the beginning to be harder, as everything arcane related can be found later in the game. And there is way less to be found in the first place than for the other builds imho.

And another question: if I use arcane damage with a weapon, are there any enemies especially weak to arcane damage? Or is it more the allround damage you can do when fire and bolt don't work?

Veelk

Banned
Dark Souls 3 question:

How long after release before good images of all weapons come out?

Literally the single defining factor on what Souls game I will play next is going to be the designs of the Great Swords and Ultra Great Swords.

Dahbomb

Considering that the Japanese version releases first we should have all the information we would need quite a bit before it releases in the States.

Veelk

Banned
Oh really? *checks*

Shit. I thought it was releasing a day before my birthday. Turns out it's two weeks afterwards. Damn.

Oh well. Atleast I'll know whether I want it at launch or not.

Joei

Posted this in the DLC thread, but figured it'd be more appropriate here-

I got to Abhorrent Beast in Lower Loran... I don't know about this, man. This is the third time I've fought him and you'd think it'd be easier, but my god. I'd like to stay away from cheesing him if I could, but I swear his stamina is maxed out and he takes so much HP per hit.

Now I want to raise
Arcane, Bloodtinge and Beast!

Wish the game had respeccing...

Some of the weapons found later in the game are really cool. The DLC weapons, Blades of Mercy, I love the Beast Claws, and a few other weapons are nice, but stat wise I am not able to really get the most out of them with my current build relative to using Ludwigs... I'm torn between finishing the game and doing NG+ to get a few things I missed, or starting a new character and using a skill/arcane/bloodtinge build with threaded cane as my base weapon.

Would skill/arcane/bloodinge be a good build, it would it be more worthwhile to do skill and one or the other?

On a side note, what annoys me about doing a whole new character is that while I can do the main quest pretty easily and am definitely interested in that, I have like 0 interest in doing the chalices again. Thus, I'd miss out on a weapon and some good gems.

taybul

I'm starting a new game now, i wanna try an arcane build this time, any tips for this? weapons?

I think I went Cleaver (to +6), Tonitrus +10, then HMS. The Tonitrus will get you a long way, but, as mentioned, real fragile. The beginning of an Arcane run is fairly boring as you don't get any useful tools until later on in the game. The Augur of Ebrietas is an amazing tool. You can fire this off after using up all your stam on an attacking for some added bonus, and it can parry too, making it great against hunters. I didn't find anything else that useful.

Made it through the Nightmare Frontier last night and defeated Amygdala. For my first fight with her, I didn't realize that I could attack her arms. I focused only on the head, but I knew that I was missing something because the fight seemed to drag on longer than it should have. Took me about three tries total but I finally took her down.

I know it's been said before, but the level design in this game is absolutely sublime. As I was working my way through the Nightmare Frontier (a relatively small yet confusing area), I caused a headstone to collapse. I continued forward and noticed the green lantern in the path ahead of me, which caused everything to click and made me realize that I just created a shortcut to the beginning of the level. Such a fantastic use of minimal landmarks.

Just got to Castle Cainhurst last night. Can't wait to continue! Also, on another note, does this thing exist in the final version of Bloodborne?

tdLr9ie.gif

Such a cool-looking creature, but it looks like it was eventually retooled into Amygdala (minus the face tentacles and hanging out on a tower in Yharnam).

Posted this in the DLC thread, but figured it'd be more appropriate here-

I got to Abhorrent Beast in Lower Loran... I don't know about this, man. This is the third time I've fought him and you'd think it'd be easier, but my god. I'd like to stay away from cheesing him if I could, but I swear his stamina is maxed out and he takes so much HP per hit.
Dodging through his attacks help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgKfrkW18XE

Ok thanks, that's a little more reassuring. I did get him to about 1/3 to 1/2 health, I'm gonna give it a few more tries today, I'm sure I'll be successful. He's just so aggressive it can get a little frustrating.
That's why dodging through the attacks helps. You pretty much have to create your own openings for attack against the Abhorrent Beast. You can't parry it and trying to attack during the animation cool down time is useless because the boss is very relentless and has a small window for cool down. It's like a dance.

Just got to Castle Cainhurst last night. Can't wait to continue! Also, on another note, does this thing exist in the final version of Bloodborne?

tdLr9ie.gif

Such a cool-looking creature, but it looks like it was eventually retooled into Amygdala (minus the face tentacles and hanging out on a tower in Yharnam).

Yup, it was turned into Amygdalas

myco666

Am I missing something obvious in that gif? Like that design is still in the game but it is just not hanging around at the same place. I am feeling really blind as you guys are saying that doesn't exist in the final version of the game.

Top Bottom