• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Finally beat OoK!!! Managed to get a transformed Chikage visceral in as he went to Phase 2, which gave me a nifty head start. I then proceeded to panic at him to death.

Feels good. Larry's up next.

No DLC for me as it is apparently region locked.
Got my Bloodborne copy in Australia over christmas...
Their loss...
regrettably.

All DLC is region locked.

You could always import the GotY edition from Aus. I was about to say that you could always buy the GotY edition, but then your save data would be incompatible.

Finally beat OoK!!! Managed to get a transformed Chikage visceral in as he went to Phase 2, which gave me a nifty head start. I then proceeded to panic at him to death.

Feels good. Larry's up next.

Good luck!

Larry can be a pain. A friend of mine spent hours on him. I beat him on the 2nd attempt, but considering how long i spent on OoK I think that was a fair trade-off.

I'm currently in Cursed Pthumerian Defilement being repeatedly killed by a giant flaming crocomutt.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck!

Larry can be a pain. A friend of mine spent hours on him. I beat him on the 2nd attempt, but considering how long i spent on OoK I think that was a fair trade-off.

I'm hoping not to spend nearly as much time on Larry! Honestly, OoK is the longest I've ever been stuck on a boss. That second phase is a bitch.

I'm currently in Cursed Pthumerian Defilement being repeatedly killed by a giant flaming crocomutt.

I read that as "coconut" and I'm sticking to it.

What does the Cursed modifier do?

All DLC is region locked.

You could always import the GotY edition from Aus. I was about to say that you could always buy the GotY edition, but then your save data would be incompatible.
Will my save game work with a EU game version?

Also
Aww Yiss.
9GFFSDy.jpg

So how about that Loran Darkbeast huh.
I hate that fucking thing so god damn much. Pain in the ass to hit, pain in the ass to stagger, fuck that god damn thing.
Your health is reduced by 50% & I fucking hate that dungeon. Put the game down over the summer least year because of the Layer Three boss there.
Funny enough I beat that thing twice. It's not impossible, just highly annoying. I'll probably eventually beat it again on another character.

Edit:

So like what the fuck is even in that Isz room with the two brain suckers, bobbleheads and a fucking werewolf?

Upinsmoke

Just got to vicar amelia, died obviously and respawned by the cathedral ward! Now I have to go all the way back defeating the enemies on the way.....

grmlin

Just got to vicar amelia, died obviously and respawned by the cathedral ward! Now I have to go all the way back defeating the enemies on the way.....
If you opened the shortcut it's like a 30 second run. Just make sure the shortest way to a boss was unlocked before facing a boss.

Raptor

Last night I wasnt feeling that well so I went to farm some echoes in the Lecture Building I end up with half a million so I level up BT to 40 VIT to 40 or something close, and Is aid this should be enough, damn the Nightmare of Mensis is hard those damn spiders I end up ignoring them completly and went to open all shortcuts, after maybe an hour I end up at Micolash this boss fight is amazing I love it but the bastard is cheap, he starts to spam that magic attack over and over when is at one strike to get killed that sun of a b...

Last night I wasnt feeling that well so I went to farm some echoes in the Lecture Building I end up with half a million so I level up BT to 40 VIT to 40 or something close, and Is aid this should be enough, damn the Nightmare of Mensis is hard those damn spiders I end up ignoring them completly and went to open all shortcuts, after maybe an hour I end up at Micolash this boss fight is amazing I love it but the bastard is cheap, he starts to spam that magic attack over and over when is at one strike to get killed that sun of a b...

Yeah that is annoying. If you stay close to micolash though in general he will just do physical attacks, and not do the spell as often.

myco666

I was using my skill arcane build. The struggle was real on that one, but I eventually did manage to win.
Here's the death montage and victory, which should hopefully be done processing by the time you see it. The final blow is actually a really cool one.
Ebrietas struggle is real

That last hit is cool indeed. Very lucky but definitely looks cool. I actually like the Isz version because you actually need to learn to fight properly where as the regular version can be destroyed in seconds if you get lucky enough.

You can interrupt that by shooting him when he puts his hands in the air and waves them like he just don't care.
That last hit is cool indeed. Very lucky but definitely looks cool. I actually like the Isz version because you actually need to learn to fight properly where as the regular version can be destroyed in seconds if you get lucky enough.
That was definitely one of my favorite fight finales, it was just epic. Yeah it was definitely luck, but I swear Bloodborne is equal parts luck and skill at times. The bane of my existence, that charge ended up being the move that sealed her fate. I've never used Accursed Brew before that fight either. I didn't know how good it was.

Raptor

Yeah that is annoying. If you stay close to micolash though in general he will just do physical attacks, and not do the spell as often.
He throws those tentacles at me lol but yeah those are more easy to dodge.

You can interrupt that by shooting him when he puts his hands in the air and waves them like he just don't care.

That was definitely one of my favorite fight finales, it was just epic. The bane of my existence, that charge ended up being the move that sealed her fate. I've never used Accursed Brew before that fight either. I didn't know how good it was.

That will work, Im developing a habit that since Im almost all the time in blood mode I almost exclusively dodge instead of shoting lol.

The charge attack have multi hits, in a close space can be deadly if her body and tencacles hits you at the same time
Even if you don't get hit head on you're going to get clipped by either a tentacle or a side flap from her massive hips. I'd hate to fight this in a defiled chalice, I hope that's impossible.

Disxo

Guys after playing dozens of hours in the hardest chalice dungeons I am ready for the old hunters.

Should I buy it now? Is there an offer soon?

Veelk

Banned
FUCK. ROM.

Goddammit, this fight is pissing me off.

The normal one was fine, but the chalice dungeon one just kills me out of fucking nowhere even though I have 2 AI buddies to divert it's attention.

Once I kill all the smaller spiders, it shouldn't be a problem so long as I keep my distance, but I can't handle it's fucking meteor strike attack, even though I have the highest possible arcane defense I can make with my clothes and runes. If it hits from off screen while I'm preoccupied, I'm done. And it's not difficult in a fun way like the other bosses were, it's just annoying because I'm playing exterminator while the fucker is taking potshots at me while I'm not looking.

Fuck this boss.

Edit: And another thing. Why am I fighting fucking ROM of all enemies? He's a fucking Great One! He was holding up the boundary between the word and nightmare or whatever the fuck was going on! And now you're telling me we just had another one of him sitting in the attic? A STRONGER one? I would have thought that this game, of all games, would know not to take it's narratively significant bosses and use them as bland enemies for the player to fight

grmlin

I don't know for Chalice, but the normal Rom was easy when I stopped working on the spiders and backing off, and instead sit on his side, punishing him with bolt damage.

Veelk

Banned
FINALLY.

Goddammit, if I run into another chalice fight like this, I'm not touching them again next playthrough, because that was bullshit.

FUCK. ROM.

The normal one was fine, but the chalice dungeon one just kills me out of fucking nowhere even though I have 2 AI buddies to divert it's attention.

Once I kill all the smaller spiders, it shouldn't be a problem so long as I keep my distance, but I can't handle it's fucking meteor strike attack, even though I have the highest possible arcane defense I can make with my clothes and runes. If it hits from off screen while I'm preoccupied, I'm done. And it's not difficult in a fun way like the other bosses were, it's just annoying because I'm playing exterminator while the fucker is taking potshots at me while I'm not looking.

Fuck this boss.

Edit: And another thing. Why am I fighting fucking ROM of all enemies? He's a fucking Great One! He was holding up the boundary between the word and nightmare or whatever the fuck was going on! And now you're telling me we just had another one of him sitting in the attic? A STRONGER one? I would have thought that this game, of all games, would know not to take it's narratively significant bosses and use them as bland enemies for the player to fight
I honestly think that's an easier fight by yourself since the bosses get a health buff when you bring in a co op partner. Just work on the spiders while paying attention to what Rom is doing, look for an audio cue that SHE'S doing something and go hide behind a pillar to block the attack. Rom's not even the hardest chalice boss.
FINALLY.

Goddammit, if I run into another chalice fight like this, I'm not touching them again next playthrough, because that was bullshit.
Congrats, the pain has only just begun. Have fun with Abhorrent Beast.
454243_guts_slasher_smile_7502_super_by_hakuxtemari-d9ao3v6.jpg

Veelk

Banned
I honestly think that's an easier fight by yourself since the bosses get a health buff when you bring in a co op partner. Just work on the spiders while paying attention to what Rom is doing, look for an audio cue that SHE'S doing something and go hide behind a pillar to block the attack. Rom's not even the hardest chalice boss.

OMFG, THAT"S WHY IT TOOK FOREVER TO KILL

I kept thinking it's health was ridiculous. And the two AI buddies basically did nothing because they were way weaker.

Goddammit, I made it harder than it had to be?! UGH

Dahbomb

The way you avoid the Arcane meteor shower is by running then changing direction as they start coming down. The shower hiking in on your projected path so you need to avoid running in a straight line.

My win over Laurence rivaled what I felt when I beat Watchdog. It took me an absurd amount of tries.

If anyone would help meet beat the final Dlc boss I could finally end my nightmare.

gogosox82

Doing a low level character with the Beast cutter.

Damn, this is what the cane should have been.

Meh. I think the cane is awesome and didn't really like the beast cutter all the much. Cane version is way too slow for my tastes.

Man fuck chalice Ebrietas...charging ass bitch. This bitches fucking grab just wiped out my full health bar at vit 50 what the fucking fuck!!

The charge attack she does is ridiculous. Its like almost impossible to dodge correctly. If you don't get hit by her head, you'll get hit by her damn tentacles.

Edit: Just watched the video you posted. Man that visceral came just in time. I think she was going to do another head butt that probably would've killed you. Hey, at least you don't have to fight her in defiled for cursed gems so there's that.

FUCK. ROM.

Fuck this boss.

I wouldn't take the AI in with you. They are usually worthless as they either stand there and get two pieced or get stuck in walls or just don't attack b/c their AI got bugged and don't do enough damage and they buff the bosses health.

myco666

Beast Cutter is like the Str variant of the Cane, deals more damage and does concussive damage too but is slower than the cane.

Does it actually deal significantly more damage? I remember testing it out with 50 Str character and it did little bit more damage than Cane at 50 Skill but it was really small difference.

Does it actually deal significantly more damage? I remember testing it out with 50 Str character and it did little bit more damage than Cane at 50 Skill but it was really small difference.

More like the concussive damage is the real difference between both weapons but it drains more stamina than then cane and you will usually do the heavy attacks rather than R1 like the Cane. For me is like the Ludwig sword suddenly have a long range attack

Disxo

Oh man I just beated
out of
bosses in the dlc...in three hours.
(the first one took me 4 tries and the second and third were done in a row without dying.)
Tell me guys...does it get harder from now on?
Do I have to make a new game plus now to make this worth my twenty bucks?

Melchiah

Oh man I just beated
out of
(the first one took me 4 tries and the second and third were done in a row without dying.)

To my recollection, I downed the first on second try (and first try on NG+), and the following two were pretty easy as well, when you time your parry right in the third one. The remaining bosses were entirely different matter. Not to mention a certain new enemy type.

Oh man I just beated
out of

Only the last and the optional boss are hard.

Veelk

Banned
One 4 hour grind session later, I have my Endurance up to 40, and now I can happily grind my BT without a care for my other stats

Disxo

To my recollection, I downed the first on second try (and first try on NG+), and the following two were pretty easy as well, when you time your parry right in the third one. The remaining bosses were entirely different matter. Not to mention a certain new enemy type.
Only the last and the optional boss are hard.

Thanks, that makes me excited for the following two. But for now I should look for other weapons.

Top Bottom