• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Melchiah

One 4 hour grind session later, I have my Endurance up to 40, and now I can happily grind my BT without a care for my other stats

Why grind, and presumably run the same farming rounds over and over again? I reached level 212 (50 vit/str/bld, 55 skl, 33 end, 25 arc) by mostly just playing through the campaign twice, and all the chalices.

Veelk

Banned
Why grind, and presumably run the same farming rounds over and over again? I reached level 212 (50 vit/str/bld, 55 skl, 33 end, 25 arc) by mostly just playing through the campaign twice, and all the chalices.

Well, one reason is that I'm probably not going to do 2 playthroughs of this game anytime soon. Another reason is that I like having my characters levels as high as possible

Congrats, the pain has only just begun. Have fun with Abhorrent Beast.
454243_guts_slasher_smile_7502_super_by_hakuxtemari-d9ao3v6.jpg

I don't know if you meant the bloodletting beast, since that was what was at the end of that dungeon, but I managed to beat him in 3.

Melchiah

Well, one reason is that I'm probably not going to do 2 playthroughs of this game anytime soon. Another reason is that I like having my characters levels as high as possible

I don't know if you meant the bloodletting beast, since that was what was at the end of that dungeon, but I managed to beat him in 3.

What I tried to say, why not just play what comes ahead, and you'll level up while doing so. I imagine grinding through the same areas for hours gets tiresome. By the way, I don't think there's really a need to raise endurance that high. About 30 should be fine for the main game, chalices, DLC, and NG+.

Abhorrent Beast is an entirely different kind of beast.

Veelk

Banned
What I tried to say, why not just play what comes ahead, and you'll level up while doing so. I imagine grinding through the same areas for hours gets tiresome. By the way, I don't think there's really a need to raise endurance that high. About 30 should be fine for the main game, chalices, DLC, and NG+.

I mean, maybe a bit, but if I was truly tired of it, I'd just stop. I wasn't doing it out of a need to get it, just a want. I wanted to raise my level.

Besides, I had a runes that let me get more echoes than usual plus an easy farming area of high yielding enemies, so the actual leveling went pretty fast, given the high cost of it now. So the fact that I was making real, visible, permanent and expedient progress made the row worth it.

And now, maybe because of it, maybe not, I broke out of the rut I've been having with the game. I've taken care of the chalice dungeon I was on and now I just beat the Celestial Emissary and Ebriatas, so I'm done with upper cathedral ward.

Now I just have Nightmare of Mensis and the DLC.

Which do you think I should tackle first, Bloodgaf?

Melchiah

I mean, maybe a bit, but if I was truly tired of it, I'd just stop. I wasn't doing it out of a need to get it, just a want. I wanted to raise my level.

Besides, I had a runes that let me get more echoes than usual plus an easy farming area of high yielding enemies, so the actual leveling went pretty fast, given the high cost of it now. So the fact that I was making real, visible, permanent and expedient progress made the row worth it.

And now, maybe because of it, maybe not, I broke out of the rut I've been having with the game. I've taken care of the chalice dungeon I was on and now I just beat the Celestial Emissary and Ebriatas, so I'm done with upper cathedral ward.

Depends on your level. If you're already at +80 level, and have +9 weapon, you might go to the DLC. Or go to the second lantern of Mensis. There's a good farming round, where you can get +90k echoes in few minutes (EDIT: With three Moon runes equipped), and you can find good physical attack gems from there as well.

DLC, no doubt, Mensis area is not really hard more like the last story area

Veelk

Banned
I decided to take a break after trying Nightmare of Mensis while I wasted time for you guys to chime in. I rounded up about 60,000 echoes before I got killed. No problem, I'll just rush to the same location again...only I underestimated how long the spiders would chase you and got killed before I made it to my echoes.

See that? That is why I grind. Playing the game by the ear works when it works, but when you are dealing with unknown elements, you can lose large quantities of echoes just like that. That vindicates the practice.

Anyway, I'll start the Old Hunters tomorrow. Maria, I'm coming for your sword!

Edit: I'm looking over what happened with my fight with Ebriestas, because...well, shit, she is another one that didn't attack me until I started shit. And when I looked at what she was looking at, there was Rom.

I didn't know what the alter did, so I looked it up, and it apparently resurrects people, since it would resurrect Annalise if I killed her....and Rom is on there....

Shit, she was trying to resurrect Rom. Who also didn't try to kill me until I started shit. Fuck, did I kill her friend?

Um...okay, in an attempt to not seem like a complete bastard, I'm gonna rewrite the scene a little bit.

*enter the alter of despair*

Veelk: Why, hello there Great One! How ya doin'?

Ebriestas: h̕͠i̧̛s ̶o͝ǹe̶̡ ̡i̶͘͝s͢ ̵in ̵̸͜m҉̨o̵ù̶r̨͡n͟in̢͠ģ͜ ̧̧͘o̶̧f̨̧͝ ́ò̢̨uŗ ̷̢s̷͞i͠st̸̷̀e̡̢r̨̕͞, ̸m͘͝o̶͘͝ŗ̀t̴a҉͏l͘.͠ B̢̕e͠͞g̀͘o̡͠n͟ę͡.̡̛ ̴̧Bego̶͡n҉̀ę͡ f̡͝r͏҉o̶̵m ̡̢̕t҉͝h̡͏i̢s̕ ̛̀͝p̡͞l̛a̶̸c̶e̸͟.̶̷͠ ̷̕

Veelk: Oh. Shit. My sincere condolences, Great One. I am sorrowful for your loss. Many die in this senseless night of horror. I want it to be over.

Ebriestas: G̶͝r̶̨͠a҉͏̨t̡i̶̸t̴͘͟úd̵e͟͏,̶̛ ̢H̵̨̛u͏ņt͘҉e̷r.̸͘ ̨T̢h҉o͠u҉͜҉ ͝k͏n͡o̕w̶s̵͘ ͟͠t̵͞h̴̴e ̴v͜al̛u̕͟ę ̕o͝f ̵̕̕l͟͡if҉e͏.͜ ̧͜Oų̵r̢͡ ҉s͏̢i̶s̵͞t̵e҉r d҉̕i̶̴d̛̀ ͞as̢ ̛w͢èl̢͞l.̸ ̢́S̶̡i̴sţèr ̶ha͏s̴͟͜ ̷d̀ìè̵͞d̴͘ to ̕͘a͟ ́ŕ̸u̧̧t̴͘h̡l͝͏e̸̵s҉̧͠s̸͜ ̴̛̕s̶h̕͝a͢͠d͏̕͠o̕w҉̧͠,̛͜ ͏̶͢w̸͘͡h͟o̶͢͏ ̸҉̢ẃ͜r̶͝͡o҉͝u̶͏g̶h̨̨͠t͞͠ ̧͡͞s̨t̡e̶͡e̛l̡̢͠ ̸̡͡u͝p̴̢͟o͢͡n̛͞ h̀͟e̕͏̧r̷͡,҉͟ ̢̀t̨h͏o̢̨u͝҉g̢͟͠h ̕no̡ ͜҉r͢et̀͞á̶l҉҉ia͝t̷̕i̢҉o̕ń̨̕ ̀m̸͏a̶d̛͞͠ę͘ ̴̡s̕͠h̵e͘͜,̸̵ ̀͘u̶n͞t́i͘͜l͝ tẁ̡a͏̸s̕ ͡͞͠t҉̴̛o̸o҉ ̴̶͝l̴̢͢a̢t͏e̴̵͠.H̀͟e̡̕r͜͟ ͢l͜ik̶͢en͠e̴͜s̀҉s҉̷̡ ͜͝͏ẃil̢͞l̛ ̵̢͡r̸̨e̴̶t́͟͢ú͜r̕n҉̛͘,̸̢͞ ̶b̀u͘͠t̶̡ ͞͠th̢u̷̢͡s ̸d̶̀̀ǫ͠͝e̴s̕͠ ̸̷̧n͟o̷̢t re͞͞m͝o͡v̀ȩ̛ ͞ţh̶e҉҉ ̵p͢a͡͏i͞n̷͟ of ̕͜h͏͘e̕͝r̸ ͟l͠o̸͠s̴̛͘s̵̀.҉

Veelk: Not a problem. May your sister rest in- Oh shit, is that Rom? Rom was your sister?! Um....uh.....

Ebriestas: T҉̀h̷̢̢ò͟u̶?̨̢҉́͠ ̀͘͢͡W̳̦̥͕̾͐̓h̨͚̥̝̘̍ͭ́͐ͫͧͥ́͝ͅa̵̴ͦ͗͛͛҉͕̻̟̥̼̣ͅt̡̬͚͈̲̗͍͋̉̒̿͒̋͠ ̷̧̜̠͉͉̞̬̒ͦ̑̉͛ͯ̋ͫ̎h̢͎̠̰̙̭̝͕̱̊ͩ̀͟ă̞ͧ̅̂ͨs̵̸̰͉̪͆͛ ̯͔͈̼̳̅̓̈́ͨ̂t̘̘̠͕͎̬͖̅ͪ̉̅ͨͨ̚h̷̢͎̞̪͍̣͈ͥ͛̀͗͂͟õ̢̗͔͓̙̎ͦ͊͌̾͑̓͛uͫͤͤ̃̈̇̾͞͏̪̼͖̳̠̥̞̯ ͖̠̬̮̌̍͒̉̓ͥͧ̚͘d̛̞̩͖̣̜͇̋͜͡ͅơ̦̦̩̤̥ͥ̈ͯͣͪ͌ͦ̌͝ň͏̖͍̮̜̘eͨͦ̏͏̟̕.̥͖͙̹ͨ̈́̚.̵̡͔͖̮̠͇̂̌ͭ̓̀ͩ͋ͯ́ͅ.̷̸̳͇̻͉̺̮ͬ̂̈͛̈́͌.̟̱̱͙̬̻̠̎ͪŢ͍̲̫̭͙̳̳̦̌ͬ̃ͩͬ́ͮ̓ͧ̏̎̑h̢͎̥̺̙̩̤̺̖͓̮̥͖̱̘̬̖̉͗̋̏ͥ̃̉̃ͤͣ͟ǫ̵̙̜͍̝͍̤͉̬̟͙͔͎͚͚̭̠̭͉̟̾ͨ͊ͪ̈́ͪ͆̆ͧͯͯ̕̕̕u̜͉̤̬͍̼̐̉ͤ͜ ̡̡̪̖͓̠̼̙̾͒́̅ͭ̉ͨ̾ͤ͐͆͑ͦ̓́̕ͅc̸̨̛̖͓͚̖̓̆͆ͨ̓ͤ̈́̋͛̈̂͛ͣ͗̓̐͐̌͢ḥ̡̛̩͈̲͙̗̼̦̫͎̲̫̮̬̱̩̦̬̣ͣ̋͌̂̏ͨ̿͊̋̄̐̓̊ͧ̽͗͛̚͢͢ẻ̸̷̝̮̦̙͖͓̘̐̐̈́ͯ̌ͩ͗͆̑̽̽͑e̡̢̛̪̭͉͔̟͕̘̭̮̟̮̤̗̍̈́̀͡k̶̶̥͚̗̥̟̱̻͖̍̓̿ͤ̓ͪͥ̆͡ͅy̡̮̞̙͚͉͉̯͉̜̝̻͉̝̠̩̹͉̤̎̾̿̋͌̀̕͟ ̢̛̛̺̬̱̞̣̤̦̲͇̥̼̱̝̯͈̰͒̔̎͊̂ͨ̀͒̃̽͟l̸̤͙͙̫͔̙̽ͩ͑̄̐̊̑ͧͪ͊ͩ̇̑ͭ̎͑̐͆̒͢͠i̠̜̪͖͕̝͙̥ͮ̒ͫͥ̋̓͟͡ţ̵̹̪̻̱̣̈́͊ͫ̐ͦͮ̂̽ͩ̃̈͊͗͒̎̒͂́ṫ͆ͥ̃̓̄̒ͭ̓̇̍͛̈́̍͐ͨͭ҉̨̤͚̼͙͉̭̳̭̼̲̰͕͡l̼̤̞̱̹̪͉̱̭͙̠̹̙̔̔̐̉ͬͧ̔͒ͪ̚̕͘ͅeͧͨ̐͑҉̷͉̫̪̭͖͎̭͖͔͙͢ ̵̵̵̡̬͍̖̱̠̰̞̦͓̺͎͇̘̼̰̖̩̮͒͒͐́͞ͅc̷̼͓̪̟̒̌̇̽̐͐͒͐ͧ̈̆̏̚͟ų̵̨͌̀̐ͬͮ̆͐͜҉̫̰̙͉̮̼͙̱̣̟͔͕͚͍͓n̢̨͋͐̎ͪ̑̊ͧ͂̋ͦ͒ͧͦ͛ͦ͗͒͞͏̸͉̣̺̮̮ţ̜̪͕̻̜̘̺̞̳̭̹͖̺̲͂̒͊̆ͤ̊̽ͣ̂̋̓̅ͯ͒̚̕͝,ͭ̍͊̿͂̉̉̃͊̂̈̇҉̸̥̬͈̘̺̘̙̜̳͙̩ ̶̲͖̲̖̗̯̞̱̙̳͙͚̯̹͖͎͖͕͕̾͆̽̉̽͒ͧͧ̾͒͐́ͯͣ́̃̅͡t̶̨̮̫̣̩̝̳̩̖͓͐́́͂ͮ͆͛̊͆́̉ͭ̌ͭ̽̂̌̚̕͟ͅh̡͇̜̰̳̘ͥ̑ͪ̄̉̔̊͌̆̄̍̀̚̚̕i̢̟͈̞̥̻͓͎̅̉͂ͭ̍̓̈́̍͐ͮ̀͢͡ŝ̸͙̝͚̳͈̲͇̺̺͙̮̿̊̑̅́̽̆ͧͦ̅ͯ̑͋̃̅̀͝ ̴̴̢̩̟͙̜̦̟̟̩͓̫͉͍̝͚̫̳͂͂ͭ̊ͫ̀̕ô̷̷̡̘̫͈̄ͦͤ̐̂ͤ̀͟n̢̡̥̖͖̗̯̤̩̬̺͉̻͚͈̺̥̰̭̞ͮ͑̽̿̓͠͠ę̰̯̹̻͕̗̮̝͎̖̹͍̣͈͇͉͉̿ͯ͒̌̑̂͠ͅͅ ̵ͧ̎̏͂ͪ̊̌̇̾͌͐̃͗͐͡͏̧̼̙̳̗̲̺̼̕ͅş̨̠͙͍̘̻̬͈͎̜͇̲̠̯̗̘̌̈́ͮ̋ͪͣ̉̐͂̿̑́͢͜͜w̏̔͑ͦ҉̶̛͇̼͖̫̘̲̱̝̟̹͇̱͞e̸̢̟͓̥͚̻͙͚̥̯͚̲̫̣̠͉̫̺ͦ̈́ͪa͉̥̮͕͖̜̲͖͋̈̾͌͛͒̎̽͘͜ŕ̸̨̺͖̯̥͔̮̤̥͕̻̍͗͌͗̒̅̍̏̽ͪ͂̚̕͝s̵̛̯̜̤̹̞̣̞̦͗̿͛̌̉̿ͤͯ̍̚ͅ ̧̼̩̮̝̦͔̤̔ͩ̓ͫ̒̾͊ͧͥ̾͌̍̇͑̽͆̈́̈ͣ́̕ͅt̸̘̬͔͙͙ͬͪ͂̾͐̉ͦͬ̊͂̄͐̚͜ọ̡͇̗͓̤̪̳̰̣͓̼͈ͥ͌̓̀͟͠ͅͅ ̷̨̛̟͈̮͈̯̟̰̱̭̤̗͖̞͍̗̄̓̒̉ͨ̀ͬ̚̚w̧̦̣̤̝͍̉͆̓̋̔ͥ̑ͣ̎ͣͮ̾̿ͫ̈́̐͘͢͜ͅͅr̶̵͙̝̖̣͎͓͖͇͆̃̓̏̏͛ͥ͂͗̓̓͘͠͝e̶̻̼̙̩͔̯̅͌̓ͯ̌́̎̊̿͑͆ͥ͝c̮̠͙͔͍͕͚͎̲̀͌̂̄́̀ͫͦ̄̏͘͢k̴̛̤̹̝̪̫̘̥͉̓̓ͨ͐͒ͯ̋̍̾̇̾ͥ̏̊͂͗͡ ̷̴̹̘̰̫̹̪̠̭͉͕̟͓̭̳̣̜̲̟̎͆͂ͩ̈͆̽ͫt̴͙̞̻̘̰͙͖̤̫̤͓͉̱͇͎͖̟́ͨ͛͑̃͆͊̐ͯ͌̅̆̾́͠h̫̖̻͎̫̘̻͚͎̤̏͒̌̇̉̽̑̏͒ͤ̐ͭ͌ͥ̍͆ͮ́̚͞o̴̩͚̞͓̰͙͕͖̖̼͈̝ͪ̓̓̍͋̅͐ͣ̀͛̂͐ͭ͛̌͜u̵̖͔͎͉͍͙̭̹̝̱̯͚̹͎͚̙̙͇̔ͮ͗̃͒̌̿̋ͥ̆ͫ̕͜ͅ,̰̠͇̮̩̺̮͇̫̯̟̘͚̭̦̈̏ͥ̓̇ͬ̐́̐̓ͪ̓ͭ͊̄͠͞͡ ̨̫̜͈̹̗͎̻̩̹͕̜̰͕͎̫̼͕͖̏ͭ̉ͥ̉̿͛ͅI̷̶̲̪̭̘͚̻̖̮͉͈̪̤̼̟̜ͦ̈͋͗̌̄ͪ̔ͫ̓̒͜͜͠ͅͅ ̢̍͌ͫ͆͐̿ͫ͊ͬ̽͋ͭ͌̈́̈͜͜͏̭̩̠̦̻̳̤̦͈͕̪͚͎͇̳̝͘v͔̥̭̝̜̤̻̞̲̪̥̜͎̳̻͕͙̍̽ͥͪ̌̏ͭ̑ͦͯ͜͟͠ͅo̡͓̬̜̰̙͇̟̖̬͙̥̥ͤ̍̍ͮ̽̔̊̿ͨ̇ͧ̍ͫ̕ͅw̔̓ͦ̈́̈̈́̓̒̒͂ͮ̂̂̊̓ͧͬ́ͧ͏҉̸̛͔̳̥̦͖̩̲̪̞̤͙͉̱̱͕̗͚͜ͅ ̸̨͈͖̭̮͍̞̹̻̇ͯ̍ͪ̄ͤ͢͡ṯ̡̳̞̰̫͔̹ͮ̋ͪ̈ͣ̔͘͝͝ͅͅh̡͔̹̜͓̝̟̩͉̘̖̗͚̖͈̺͎̞͑͋̏̃̃ͥͧ̈̌͂̀u̵̶̗̻̜̣͇̞̰̱ͫͣͭ̌̌̇̄̅̈́̏͘s̵̨̜̖̦̪̜͍̩̬̩̣͈̖̪̤̯̟̠͉̒̽̄ͬ̔ͭͅ ̴̵̷̧̤̟̳̭̱̯͕̰͎̘̤͚̺̦͈͙̣̲ͮ͑̂̔ͬ̅͌ͭ̾ͮ̕ͅo̷̴̺̼̹̜̗̹͙̼̓̓ͧ̋ͥ̓͑̃̓̽̓͠n̎̐̎̇̊͒̽ͤ̒̒ͪ͒ͮ̂͐ͥͮ̄̈͟҉̸̨͍̪͚ ̧̊̏̔ͩ͗̅̈́̏̚͏͎͔͉̦͟ͅỏ̴̷̴͉͕͕̣̙̫̩̳̰̘͔͌ͤͩ͛͋͆ͣ́̋͂͂ͫ̀͞ṳ̴̧̝̭̣̬̜̻̭͖͓̻͇͈̟̑ͤ͑̔́̏͊̃ͮ̓r̴̓͗̅̊͗͊̎͌ͥ̆͑͑̕҉͇̣͉̪̤͙͎̣̠͕̰ ̸̴̣̖̹̠̭̞̦̩̪̮̽̏͌̓͒͌̑̄͗̂̀͠ͅm̛̉͗͋͂̀̑̆̃͏͙̘̠̖͍̼̱̫̠̻͖̼̩̭̩̣ͅͅo̸̡͉̘͙̻̗̙͈̱̳͈̖̼̯̭̎ͭ̌ͯ̎͒̐̇̾ͨͧ̀̎ͧ͟͝ţ̬̘̻̟̳͕̠͕͙͙̝͍͇ͭ̔̄̿͆ͥ̓̒͗ͭ̓ͩͬ̃͐̀͞h̸̷̥̗͈̖͎̖̩͖͉̣̝̖̊̆͋̔͊ͬ͛̅́́͜eͬͨ͗ͤͦ̿͐ͪ̔̈̄҉̸̢̻̼͔̙̪̝͙̼͕̗̙͇͍̰̻̲̺̜ͅr̸͐ͣ̿̓̎͆̀̚҉̺͙͍͓͚͉͖͖̝̞̺̥

Edit2: since that last one is unreasonably hard to read, what I wrote was "Thou? What has thou done? Thou cheeky little cunt, this one swears to wreck thou, I vow thus on our mother"

Some people went crazy and said the rom corpse is ebrietas pupa stage.

But still the altar have an unknown origin, it was never explained why is there on first place or why the altar can revive undead people but not the Rom corpse being eaten by ebrietas and the white flowers of the dream are there. The white flowers grow where is a strong connection with the great one influenced areas.

Yeah feeling the same way, anyone got any tips? (for Loran Darkbeast)

Go in front of him, wait for the initial strong forward swipe, roll towards him evading the first swipe in the process, you will be place below him, aim for the back legs

LDB will do

a) Starts to charge his AOE, evade and roll forward him, the roll will ignore the AOE damage and you will be able to do one hit on his legs but is a pretty risky tactic

b) Jump away

repeat.

Sometimes LDB will try to do a two fast swipe instead of the three swipes (strong, fast, fast) but is rare,LDB will do his charge attack if you are too far from him so dont try to run from him.

In one of those encounters you will be able to discharge him, leaving him defenseless against you. aim for the legs. he will try to do a back jump and try to recharge, go for him and aim for the legs, remember each leg have its own health so if you down him on one of the four legs, aim for the others to instank stun him again and again.

If you are fast enough you can stun him the whole 4 legs and die pretty fast since he wont be able to attack you and his priority is to ran away from you to recharge

Veelk

Banned
So...uncanny/lost weapons.

Is it worth getting them? I currently have no weapon that uses the cresent moon glyph. I have no idea whether I am using the most lethal possible combination of my weapon and it's bugging me.

Yeah feeling the same way, anyone got any tips? (for Loran Darkbeast)

The version really depends of what you want

Triangle bloodgems are for arcane builds so you can use like The Hunter Axe weapon into a more focused Arcane, poison elemental build.

Circle are more for more physical raw concussive serration damage

Dahbomb

I decided to take a break after trying Nightmare of Mensis while I wasted time for you guys to chime in. I rounded up about 60,000 echoes before I got killed. No problem, I'll just rush to the same location again...only I underestimated how long the spiders would chase you and got killed before I made it to my echoes.

See that? That is why I grind. Playing the game by the ear works when it works, but when you are dealing with unknown elements, you can lose large quantities of echoes just like that. That vindicates the practice.

Anyway, I'll start the Old Hunters tomorrow. Maria, I'm coming for your sword!

Edit: I'm looking over what happened with my fight with Ebriestas, because...well, shit, she is another one that didn't attack me until I started shit. And when I looked at what she was looking at, there was Rom.

I didn't know what the alter did, so I looked it up, and it apparently resurrects people, since it would resurrect Annalise if I killed her....and Rom is on there....

Shit, she was trying to resurrect Rom. Who also didn't try to kill me until I started shit. Fuck, did I kill her friend?

Um...okay, in an attempt to not seem like a complete bastard, I'm gonna rewrite the scene a little bit.

*enter the alter of despair*

Veelk: Why, hello there Great One! How ya doin'?

Ebriestas: h̕͠i̧̛s ̶o͝ǹe̶̡ ̡i̶͘͝s͢ ̵in ̵̸͜m҉̨o̵ù̶r̨͡n͟in̢͠ģ͜ ̧̧͘o̶̧f̨̧͝ ́ò̢̨uŗ ̷̢s̷͞i͠st̸̷̀e̡̢r̨̕͞, ̸m͘͝o̶͘͝ŗ̀t̴a҉͏l͘.͠ B̢̕e͠͞g̀͘o̡͠n͟ę͡.̡̛ ̴̧Bego̶͡n҉̀ę͡ f̡͝r͏҉o̶̵m ̡̢̕t҉͝h̡͏i̢s̕ ̛̀͝p̡͞l̛a̶̸c̶e̸͟.̶̷͠ ̷̕

Veelk: Oh. Shit. My sincere condolences, Great One. I am sorrowful for your loss. Many die in this senseless night of horror. I want it to be over.

Ebriestas: G̶͝r̶̨͠a҉͏̨t̡i̶̸t̴͘͟úd̵e͟͏,̶̛ ̢H̵̨̛u͏ņt͘҉e̷r.̸͘ ̨T̢h҉o͠u҉͜҉ ͝k͏n͡o̕w̶s̵͘ ͟͠t̵͞h̴̴e ̴v͜al̛u̕͟ę ̕o͝f ̵̕̕l͟͡if҉e͏.͜ ̧͜Oų̵r̢͡ ҉s͏̢i̶s̵͞t̵e҉r d҉̕i̶̴d̛̀ ͞as̢ ̛w͢èl̢͞l.̸ ̢́S̶̡i̴sţèr ̶ha͏s̴͟͜ ̷d̀ìè̵͞d̴͘ to ̕͘a͟ ́ŕ̸u̧̧t̴͘h̡l͝͏e̸̵s҉̧͠s̸͜ ̴̛̕s̶h̕͝a͢͠d͏̕͠o̕w҉̧͠,̛͜ ͏̶͢w̸͘͡h͟o̶͢͏ ̸҉̢ẃ͜r̶͝͡o҉͝u̶͏g̶h̨̨͠t͞͠ ̧͡͞s̨t̡e̶͡e̛l̡̢͠ ̸̡͡u͝p̴̢͟o͢͡n̛͞ h̀͟e̕͏̧r̷͡,҉͟ ̢̀t̨h͏o̢̨u͝҉g̢͟͠h ̕no̡ ͜҉r͢et̀͞á̶l҉҉ia͝t̷̕i̢҉o̕ń̨̕ ̀m̸͏a̶d̛͞͠ę͘ ̴̡s̕͠h̵e͘͜,̸̵ ̀͘u̶n͞t́i͘͜l͝ tẁ̡a͏̸s̕ ͡͞͠t҉̴̛o̸o҉ ̴̶͝l̴̢͢a̢t͏e̴̵͠.H̀͟e̡̕r͜͟ ͢l͜ik̶͢en͠e̴͜s̀҉s҉̷̡ ͜͝͏ẃil̢͞l̛ ̵̢͡r̸̨e̴̶t́͟͢ú͜r̕n҉̛͘,̸̢͞ ̶b̀u͘͠t̶̡ ͞͠th̢u̷̢͡s ̸d̶̀̀ǫ͠͝e̴s̕͠ ̸̷̧n͟o̷̢t re͞͞m͝o͡v̀ȩ̛ ͞ţh̶e҉҉ ̵p͢a͡͏i͞n̷͟ of ̕͜h͏͘e̕͝r̸ ͟l͠o̸͠s̴̛͘s̵̀.҉

Veelk: Not a problem. May your sister rest in- Oh shit, is that Rom? Rom was your sister?! Um....uh.....

Ebriestas: T҉̀h̷̢̢ò͟u̶?̨̢҉́͠ ̀͘͢͡W̳̦̥͕̾͐̓h̨͚̥̝̘̍ͭ́͐ͫͧͥ́͝ͅa̵̴ͦ͗͛͛҉͕̻̟̥̼̣ͅt̡̬͚͈̲̗͍͋̉̒̿͒̋͠ ̷̧̜̠͉͉̞̬̒ͦ̑̉͛ͯ̋ͫ̎h̢͎̠̰̙̭̝͕̱̊ͩ̀͟ă̞ͧ̅̂ͨs̵̸̰͉̪͆͛ ̯͔͈̼̳̅̓̈́ͨ̂t̘̘̠͕͎̬͖̅ͪ̉̅ͨͨ̚h̷̢͎̞̪͍̣͈ͥ͛̀͗͂͟õ̢̗͔͓̙̎ͦ͊͌̾͑̓͛uͫͤͤ̃̈̇̾͞͏̪̼͖̳̠̥̞̯ ͖̠̬̮̌̍͒̉̓ͥͧ̚͘d̛̞̩͖̣̜͇̋͜͡ͅơ̦̦̩̤̥ͥ̈ͯͣͪ͌ͦ̌͝ň͏̖͍̮̜̘eͨͦ̏͏̟̕.̥͖͙̹ͨ̈́̚.̵̡͔͖̮̠͇̂̌ͭ̓̀ͩ͋ͯ́ͅ.̷̸̳͇̻͉̺̮ͬ̂̈͛̈́͌.̟̱̱͙̬̻̠̎ͪŢ͍̲̫̭͙̳̳̦̌ͬ̃ͩͬ́ͮ̓ͧ̏̎̑h̢͎̥̺̙̩̤̺̖͓̮̥͖̱̘̬̖̉͗̋̏ͥ̃̉̃ͤͣ͟ǫ̵̙̜͍̝͍̤͉̬̟͙͔͎͚͚̭̠̭͉̟̾ͨ͊ͪ̈́ͪ͆̆ͧͯͯ̕̕̕u̜͉̤̬͍̼̐̉ͤ͜ ̡̡̪̖͓̠̼̙̾͒́̅ͭ̉ͨ̾ͤ͐͆͑ͦ̓́̕ͅc̸̨̛̖͓͚̖̓̆͆ͨ̓ͤ̈́̋͛̈̂͛ͣ͗̓̐͐̌͢ḥ̡̛̩͈̲͙̗̼̦̫͎̲̫̮̬̱̩̦̬̣ͣ̋͌̂̏ͨ̿͊̋̄̐̓̊ͧ̽͗͛̚͢͢ẻ̸̷̝̮̦̙͖͓̘̐̐̈́ͯ̌ͩ͗͆̑̽̽͑e̡̢̛̪̭͉͔̟͕̘̭̮̟̮̤̗̍̈́̀͡k̶̶̥͚̗̥̟̱̻͖̍̓̿ͤ̓ͪͥ̆͡ͅy̡̮̞̙͚͉͉̯͉̜̝̻͉̝̠̩̹͉̤̎̾̿̋͌̀̕͟ ̢̛̛̺̬̱̞̣̤̦̲͇̥̼̱̝̯͈̰͒̔̎͊̂ͨ̀͒̃̽͟l̸̤͙͙̫͔̙̽ͩ͑̄̐̊̑ͧͪ͊ͩ̇̑ͭ̎͑̐͆̒͢͠i̠̜̪͖͕̝͙̥ͮ̒ͫͥ̋̓͟͡ţ̵̹̪̻̱̣̈́͊ͫ̐ͦͮ̂̽ͩ̃̈͊͗͒̎̒͂́ṫ͆ͥ̃̓̄̒ͭ̓̇̍͛̈́̍͐ͨͭ҉̨̤͚̼͙͉̭̳̭̼̲̰͕͡l̼̤̞̱̹̪͉̱̭͙̠̹̙̔̔̐̉ͬͧ̔͒ͪ̚̕͘ͅeͧͨ̐͑҉̷͉̫̪̭͖͎̭͖͔͙͢ ̵̵̵̡̬͍̖̱̠̰̞̦͓̺͎͇̘̼̰̖̩̮͒͒͐́͞ͅc̷̼͓̪̟̒̌̇̽̐͐͒͐ͧ̈̆̏̚͟ų̵̨͌̀̐ͬͮ̆͐͜҉̫̰̙͉̮̼͙̱̣̟͔͕͚͍͓n̢̨͋͐̎ͪ̑̊ͧ͂̋ͦ͒ͧͦ͛ͦ͗͒͞͏̸͉̣̺̮̮ţ̜̪͕̻̜̘̺̞̳̭̹͖̺̲͂̒͊̆ͤ̊̽ͣ̂̋̓̅ͯ͒̚̕͝,ͭ̍͊̿͂̉̉̃͊̂̈̇҉̸̥̬͈̘̺̘̙̜̳͙̩ ̶̲͖̲̖̗̯̞̱̙̳͙͚̯̹͖͎͖͕͕̾͆̽̉̽͒ͧͧ̾͒͐́ͯͣ́̃̅͡t̶̨̮̫̣̩̝̳̩̖͓͐́́͂ͮ͆͛̊͆́̉ͭ̌ͭ̽̂̌̚̕͟ͅh̡͇̜̰̳̘ͥ̑ͪ̄̉̔̊͌̆̄̍̀̚̚̕i̢̟͈̞̥̻͓͎̅̉͂ͭ̍̓̈́̍͐ͮ̀͢͡ŝ̸͙̝͚̳͈̲͇̺̺͙̮̿̊̑̅́̽̆ͧͦ̅ͯ̑͋̃̅̀͝ ̴̴̢̩̟͙̜̦̟̟̩͓̫͉͍̝͚̫̳͂͂ͭ̊ͫ̀̕ô̷̷̡̘̫͈̄ͦͤ̐̂ͤ̀͟n̢̡̥̖͖̗̯̤̩̬̺͉̻͚͈̺̥̰̭̞ͮ͑̽̿̓͠͠ę̰̯̹̻͕̗̮̝͎̖̹͍̣͈͇͉͉̿ͯ͒̌̑̂͠ͅͅ ̵ͧ̎̏͂ͪ̊̌̇̾͌͐̃͗͐͡͏̧̼̙̳̗̲̺̼̕ͅş̨̠͙͍̘̻̬͈͎̜͇̲̠̯̗̘̌̈́ͮ̋ͪͣ̉̐͂̿̑́͢͜͜w̏̔͑ͦ҉̶̛͇̼͖̫̘̲̱̝̟̹͇̱͞e̸̢̟͓̥͚̻͙͚̥̯͚̲̫̣̠͉̫̺ͦ̈́ͪa͉̥̮͕͖̜̲͖͋̈̾͌͛͒̎̽͘͜ŕ̸̨̺͖̯̥͔̮̤̥͕̻̍͗͌͗̒̅̍̏̽ͪ͂̚̕͝s̵̛̯̜̤̹̞̣̞̦͗̿͛̌̉̿ͤͯ̍̚ͅ ̧̼̩̮̝̦͔̤̔ͩ̓ͫ̒̾͊ͧͥ̾͌̍̇͑̽͆̈́̈ͣ́̕ͅt̸̘̬͔͙͙ͬͪ͂̾͐̉ͦͬ̊͂̄͐̚͜ọ̡͇̗͓̤̪̳̰̣͓̼͈ͥ͌̓̀͟͠ͅͅ ̷̨̛̟͈̮͈̯̟̰̱̭̤̗͖̞͍̗̄̓̒̉ͨ̀ͬ̚̚w̧̦̣̤̝͍̉͆̓̋̔ͥ̑ͣ̎ͣͮ̾̿ͫ̈́̐͘͢͜ͅͅr̶̵͙̝̖̣͎͓͖͇͆̃̓̏̏͛ͥ͂͗̓̓͘͠͝e̶̻̼̙̩͔̯̅͌̓ͯ̌́̎̊̿͑͆ͥ͝c̮̠͙͔͍͕͚͎̲̀͌̂̄́̀ͫͦ̄̏͘͢k̴̛̤̹̝̪̫̘̥͉̓̓ͨ͐͒ͯ̋̍̾̇̾ͥ̏̊͂͗͡ ̷̴̹̘̰̫̹̪̠̭͉͕̟͓̭̳̣̜̲̟̎͆͂ͩ̈͆̽ͫt̴͙̞̻̘̰͙͖̤̫̤͓͉̱͇͎͖̟́ͨ͛͑̃͆͊̐ͯ͌̅̆̾́͠h̫̖̻͎̫̘̻͚͎̤̏͒̌̇̉̽̑̏͒ͤ̐ͭ͌ͥ̍͆ͮ́̚͞o̴̩͚̞͓̰͙͕͖̖̼͈̝ͪ̓̓̍͋̅͐ͣ̀͛̂͐ͭ͛̌͜u̵̖͔͎͉͍͙̭̹̝̱̯͚̹͎͚̙̙͇̔ͮ͗̃͒̌̿̋ͥ̆ͫ̕͜ͅ,̰̠͇̮̩̺̮͇̫̯̟̘͚̭̦̈̏ͥ̓̇ͬ̐́̐̓ͪ̓ͭ͊̄͠͞͡ ̨̫̜͈̹̗͎̻̩̹͕̜̰͕͎̫̼͕͖̏ͭ̉ͥ̉̿͛ͅI̷̶̲̪̭̘͚̻̖̮͉͈̪̤̼̟̜ͦ̈͋͗̌̄ͪ̔ͫ̓̒͜͜͠ͅͅ ̢̍͌ͫ͆͐̿ͫ͊ͬ̽͋ͭ͌̈́̈͜͜͏̭̩̠̦̻̳̤̦͈͕̪͚͎͇̳̝͘v͔̥̭̝̜̤̻̞̲̪̥̜͎̳̻͕͙̍̽ͥͪ̌̏ͭ̑ͦͯ͜͟͠ͅo̡͓̬̜̰̙͇̟̖̬͙̥̥ͤ̍̍ͮ̽̔̊̿ͨ̇ͧ̍ͫ̕ͅw̔̓ͦ̈́̈̈́̓̒̒͂ͮ̂̂̊̓ͧͬ́ͧ͏҉̸̛͔̳̥̦͖̩̲̪̞̤͙͉̱̱͕̗͚͜ͅ ̸̨͈͖̭̮͍̞̹̻̇ͯ̍ͪ̄ͤ͢͡ṯ̡̳̞̰̫͔̹ͮ̋ͪ̈ͣ̔͘͝͝ͅͅh̡͔̹̜͓̝̟̩͉̘̖̗͚̖͈̺͎̞͑͋̏̃̃ͥͧ̈̌͂̀u̵̶̗̻̜̣͇̞̰̱ͫͣͭ̌̌̇̄̅̈́̏͘s̵̨̜̖̦̪̜͍̩̬̩̣͈̖̪̤̯̟̠͉̒̽̄ͬ̔ͭͅ ̴̵̷̧̤̟̳̭̱̯͕̰͎̘̤͚̺̦͈͙̣̲ͮ͑̂̔ͬ̅͌ͭ̾ͮ̕ͅo̷̴̺̼̹̜̗̹͙̼̓̓ͧ̋ͥ̓͑̃̓̽̓͠n̎̐̎̇̊͒̽ͤ̒̒ͪ͒ͮ̂͐ͥͮ̄̈͟҉̸̨͍̪͚ ̧̊̏̔ͩ͗̅̈́̏̚͏͎͔͉̦͟ͅỏ̴̷̴͉͕͕̣̙̫̩̳̰̘͔͌ͤͩ͛͋͆ͣ́̋͂͂ͫ̀͞ṳ̴̧̝̭̣̬̜̻̭͖͓̻͇͈̟̑ͤ͑̔́̏͊̃ͮ̓r̴̓͗̅̊͗͊̎͌ͥ̆͑͑̕҉͇̣͉̪̤͙͎̣̠͕̰ ̸̴̣̖̹̠̭̞̦̩̪̮̽̏͌̓͒͌̑̄͗̂̀͠ͅm̛̉͗͋͂̀̑̆̃͏͙̘̠̖͍̼̱̫̠̻͖̼̩̭̩̣ͅͅo̸̡͉̘͙̻̗̙͈̱̳͈̖̼̯̭̎ͭ̌ͯ̎͒̐̇̾ͨͧ̀̎ͧ͟͝ţ̬̘̻̟̳͕̠͕͙͙̝͍͇ͭ̔̄̿͆ͥ̓̒͗ͭ̓ͩͬ̃͐̀͞h̸̷̥̗͈̖͎̖̩͖͉̣̝̖̊̆͋̔͊ͬ͛̅́́͜eͬͨ͗ͤͦ̿͐ͪ̔̈̄҉̸̢̻̼͔̙̪̝͙̼͕̗̙͇͍̰̻̲̺̜ͅr̸͐ͣ̿̓̎͆̀̚҉̺͙͍͓͚͉͖͖̝̞̺̥

Edit2: since that last one is unreasonably hard to read, what I wrote was "Thou? What has thou done? Thou cheeky little cunt, this one swears to wreck thou, I vow thus on our mother"
What the hell is up with this post?

Melchiah

DLC, no doubt, Mensis area is not really hard more like the last story area

Leaving Mensis after the DLC would make it even more easier, and dilute the first time experience.

Rushing is always a mistake. You probably wouldn't have lost them if you had returned to where you died in a more careful manner, taking care of the little spiders one by one before going to the blood puddle. Impatience tends to backfire in this game, especially when dealing with unknown areas and enemies.

On my first playthrough I got killed in Forbidden Woods, when carrying 30k Blood Echoes. I had to try retrieve them twice, but the careful approach paid off, as in the end I had 90k of them. The tension was great, and added to the experience.

Veelk

Banned
Rushing is always a mistake. You probably wouldn't have lost them if you had returned to where you died in a more careful manner, taking care of the little spiders one by one before going to the blood puddle. Impatience tends to backfire in this game, especially when dealing with unknown areas and enemies.

On my first playthrough I got killed in Forbidden Woods, when carrying 30k Blood Echoes. I had to try retrieve them twice, but the careful approach paid off, as in the end I had 90k of them. The tension was great, and added to the experience.

Gonna have to disagree there. Care isn't always going to save you when dealing with a novel enemy, as you by definition don't know what to be careful for. Having taken them down once doesn't mean I know them well enough to do them every time. I'm not blaming the game for the failure, because you're right, if I had acted differently, sure I might have saved the echoes. The way I regard the game, there is always a way out, and you have to be quick on your feet to decide which it is.

However, sometimes rushing is the smarter move. There have been plenty of times where an enemy got the better of me because I don't know how to counter it's moves, even if I'm trying to be cautious of it, just because I didn't know it well enough. Or other times where I knew the enemy, but did not know all enemy placements of an area, so someone gets me behind. So rather than engaging an unknown and risk losing, you run past them to reclaim your souls before Hunter Marking your way back to the lamp is the better way to save your echoes, spending them on something, and then retrekking to the enemy so you can learn his moves without the rest of permanent loss. And that's saved my echoes atleast as much as carefully emptying an area three times over.

So it's a toss up, really. Sometimes one is better, sometimes it's the other, both approaches have failed and both succeeded for me in roughly equal measure. You don't really know which is better in a particular area until you know enough about the enemy for it to not be a concern. But if you're goal is to accrue Echoes for a level up you want, then the monumentally more effective way of gathering large amount of echoes is to grind an area of fruitful enemies that you already know and have a significant enough advantage over that you can rush and still trounce them. Because simply trying keep them through the fresh experience holds the inevitability of losing them eventually, atleast for me. So, yeah, I'll happily grind it out.

And yes, that makes for a less tense experience than it would be if I also had to worry about losing my echoes from some unexpected attack I wasn't sure how to avoid. Good. Some people like playing with a loaded gun to their head in case of failure, but I'm not one of them. It subtracts from my experience rather than adding to it. My ideal experience is the point of tension where I am facing an enemy where I am not sure I can take down, but that's my only concern. They can make the enemy as tough as they want, that's fine by me and I'll lose to it as many times as I have to to get the upper hand (in fact, that's basically what bosses are, but it applies to any area or enemy), but when I have to worry about extraneous factors like losing progress, it's not tense, it's stressful. It distracts from my focus on the combat and makes me feel like crap when I do lose them while conversely not adding to my satisfaction when I win. So I'm glad you enjoy playing like that, but I don't and I'll avoid it where I can.

Melchiah

Gonna have to disagree there. Care isn't always going to save you when dealing with a novel enemy, as you by definition don't know what to be careful for. Having taken them down once doesn't mean I know them well enough to do them every time. I'm not blaming the game for the failure, because you're right, if I had acted differently, sure I might have saved the echoes. The way I regard the game, there is always a way out, and you have to be quick on your feet to decide which it is.

However, I counter that with the argument that sometimes rushing is the smarter move. There have been plenty of times where an enemy got the better of me because I don't know how to counter it's moves, even if I'm trying to be cautious of it. Or other times where I simply don't the placement of another enemy that I somehow happened to miss on the first run through here, so he gets me behind, while I'm trying to watch this new one. So rather than engaging them something new and risk losing, you run past them to reclaim your souls before Hunter Marking your way back to the lamp is the better way to save your echoes, spending them on something, and then retrekking to the enemy so you can learn his moves without the rest of permanent loss.

So it's a toss up, really. Sometimes one is better, sometimes it's the other, and you don't really know which until you know enough about the enemy for it to not be a concern. But the point is that monumentally more effective way of gathering large amount of echoes is to grind an area of fruitful enemies that you already know and have a significant enough advantage over that you can rush and still trounce them. Because simply trying keep them through the fresh experience holds the danger of losing them permanently one way or another. Grinding is where you can safely concentrate on it.

Of course being careful doesn't always save you, especially when facing new areas and enemies, but you certainly have a more high chance of success with that approach. If you had killed the little spiders first, which you had already dealt with previously, and then went to retrieve the echoes, there would have been no enemies following your trail. They're very easy to kill one by one, and quite a bit harder when you've awoken them all by running beneath them.

When I was in the Forbidden Woods, I didn't know what lied ahead either, and I got killed there twice. I managed to reach the blood puddle on the second time, but died shortly afterwards. So, on the third time I had no idea what lied beyond the puddle, but a careful approach made me victorious, and got me 90k blood echoes.

There really isn't that big of a risk to lose echoes, if they aren't being held by your killer, when you already know the way to where you died. I'm currently going through the DLC on NG+, and a certain enemy hunter has killed me twice, and is now guarding 400k of echoes. It's not a problem to retrieve them, eventhough it's a problem to beat the bastard.

And yes, that makes for a less tense experience. Good. There is a reason I wanted that higher level, after all. Some people like playing with a loaded gun to their head in case of failure, but I'm not one of them. It adds much less to my experience than others. My ideal experience is the point of tension where I am facing an enemy where I am not sure I can take down, but not with any permanent loss like a large amount of echoes. That way, the tension is focused solely on the combat itself. When I have to worry about extraneous factors like losing progress, it's stressful in a bad way and just makes me feel like crap when I do lose them, and it does not add to my satisfaction when I win.

There's nothing wrong with farming. I've done my share as well, although not quite as much as 4 hours in a row. The funny thing is, that the Mensis farming round would have granted you more echoes quicker than the Lecture Building.

I rarily try to beat enemies that seem harder than the usual ones, like the Executioners, when I'm carrying a good amount of echoes. If the chance of success seems questionable, I may just go around the foe if possible, and return there later when I'm not carrying that much of them. That being said, after a certain point losing <100k echoes doesn't feel much at all. You get more and more as you progress, and you need more and more as you level up. I can get +290k of them in the Mensis route on NG+ in 3-4 minutes, but levelling up takes ~300k at this point.

bestfieldscup

Neo Member
so.. new to bloodborne - im on the second boss and ive died to him once, but I now have no bloodvials for a second attempt, is there a quick way to gather them?

Veelk

Banned
Of course being careful doesn't always save you, especially when facing new areas and enemies, but you certainly have a more high chance of success with that approach. If you had killed the little spiders first, which you had already dealt with previously, and then went to retrieve the echoes, there would have been no enemies following your trail. They're very easy to kill one by one, and quite a bit harder when you've awoken them all by running beneath them.

Well, that's the unknown bit. Yes, I could have faced them and taken them down, but I haven't found the exact trick to that area yet with the giant spider having killed me 3 times before I managed to take him down. So if I had stayed, if I had slipped up, I'd have died even a lesser distance than I did before then.

Conversely, how was I supposed to know that their path wouldn't have redirected them before out of the building? If by chance that's what that had happened, then rushing past DEFINITELY would have been the wiser decision.

And to add another layer to this, the specific reason I lost was because I actually decided to turn back. You see, I had just gotten outside the door, and I just turned back to see if they were following. They were, but I figured I could take them out as the funneled into the doorway. I got a lot of them, but they eventually pushed through. But what if I hadn't stopped and tried to fight them? Maybe their path way ended just after the next set of doors, which I was close to? By that logic, you could say that my mistake wasn't not being careful, but rather that it was not sticking to my original decision to rush past.

And to add yet ANOTHER layer, I tried a different route. Rather than rushing past the middle of them, I went up the stairs on the right, killed the single spider in the hall way, walked out on the bridge, jumped down and ran out. The spiders all fell to the floor, but I guess because I left before they had a chance to turn their heads to me, they didn't chase after me once I made it out. So this seems to be the objectively safest way to get past this area, assuming it works consistently. How convenient this knowledge would have been if I had known it earlier?

The name of the game of BB is knowledge, and you only do that by experience and sometimes that involves you dying. I don't want to say it's trial and error, as I feel that's something of a trigger word around here, but it is trial before all else, and sometimes you you only discover what works and what doesn't through error.

When I was in the Forbidden Woods, I didn't know what lied ahead either, and I got killed there twice. I managed to reach the blood puddle on the second time, but died shortly afterwards. So, on the third time I had no idea what lied beyond the puddle, but a careful approach made me victorious, and got me 90k blood echoes.

Great. That's happened to me too. That's also failed me before as well. Rushing has aided me. Rushing has failed me. I'm not really sure what your point is here. Yeah, taking that approach could have worked. Or the spiders could have killed me through some slip up. I'm not disputing that your approach could have saved me. Like I point out above, the situation could have gone in any number of ways, and there's no way of really telling whats going to happen until you actually try it, and there's nothing here that suggests to me that what your saying is a more reliable plan of action than a number of other things I could have tried.

There's nothing wrong with farming. I've done my share as well, although not quite as much as 4 hours in a row. The funny thing is, that the Mensis farming round would have granted you more echoes quicker than the Lecture Building.

I was doing it at the Unseen Village chapel. Maybe it would have, but before that happened, I'd have had to get to that place, learn the enemies there reliably enough for them to be grindable. And I was probably making 50,000 echoes every 15 minutes or so. I grew 15 levels I think.

The reason I don't regret it is because I had intended to stop, but it was so easy to just get to the next level. I'd finish off the whole area, with 50,000, and I only need 60,000 to level up? Okay, then use Hunter's mark to awaken at the lamp, 7,000 over the next area. Okay, so I just need to take care of the beast downstairs, and I'll take care of the other one while I'm there. Now I have 67,000, oh, I guess I'll just go kill the cramped corpses to get a bit more for fire and bolt paper. And then all of a sudden I'm at 100,000 and only a few thousand away from leveling up twice, so having cleared the area, I use hunter's mark, and the pattern repeats itself.

So it was one of those cycles where every time I went through, the next reward is such a small amount away that I might as well just get it. I get the next level, then I get more for items, which puts me right next ot the next level again, and then I want more for items again, which puts me within reach of the next level again... When you want to quit but can't, that's when grinding is tedious. This grinding was something I probably should have quit before 4 hours, but I didn't because I didn't want to. It was the fun kind of grinding. It's not novel or exciting in the traditional way, but it's satisfying because you can visibly see progression being made after nearly every area. If it was as tedious to me as you seem to think it'd be for you, then I'd have just stopped as soon as I got what I needed.

As for a better grind area being available not long after here, that's fine. I mean, am I supposed to look up the whole game's information ahead of time so I know when not to do something? No, that's poisons the sense of discovery completely and the only time I had used it, it utterly ruined a sidequest for me. And really, I could just logically deduce that there is going to be a better grind spot somewhere or another. That's how the game works, the deeper you go, the higher the echoes. I grinded a spot that yielded the amount I needed to get higher. Isn't that all that matters?

I rarily try to beat enemies that seem harder than the usual ones, like the Executioners, when I'm carrying a good amount of echoes. If the chance of success seems questionable, I may just go around the foe if possible, and return there later when I'm not carrying that much of them. That being said, after a certain point losing <100k echoes doesn't feel much at all. You get more and more as you progress, and you need more and more as you level up. I can get +290k of them in the Mensis route on NG+ in 3-4 minutes, but levelling up takes ~300k at this point.

Other than the executioner shuffling around in Central Yharnam, most enemies seem to be in the way as I went on, meaning you have to go a fair bit out of the way to avoid them. So generally, I approach stronger enemies cautiously, and actually come out on top more often than not. Though yeah it's typically better if you are empty of souls when that happens. But again, new enemies, you're not going to know how strong they are. A weak enemy might look strong, or be weak but have one attack that will destroy you, so...again, you can be cautious as you want, but sometimes that just backfires because you don't know what to be cautious for, making recklessness be the more effective measure at times.

Iztli

I just bought this game today and what a beauty! The controls feel nice and responsive. Don't get me started on the overall art design of the game :O I was not expecting to involve myself with this game this weekend but long story short: my little nephew ended up getting bad grades and so my brother gave me his PS4.

Disxo

so.. new to bloodborne - im on the second boss and ive died to him once, but I now have no bloodvials for a second attempt, is there a quick way to gather them?
Repeat the route to the boss and go back to the hunters dream.

I used to do the route to the
cleric beast
and got lots of vials.
The route to
gherman
is alright too.

Central Pthumerian Defilement done! I found Watchdog far more frustrating than the layer 3 boss
Amygdala
. I think I just fail at reading that enemy well. I mean, both took tons of attempts, but I felt far less frustrated with the layer 3 boss.

Now I apparently need 2 Red Jellies for Pthumeru Ihyll.

Last night was fun. I played with a friend of mine and we wrecked some fools that invaded our game, went through the nightmare frontier and beat
amygdala
, then went through the first part of the DLC and beat
Ludwig
. I also jumped in and assisted another player for the first time. Loving this game. So much to do.

Just do a run of the area, enemies drop vials then after a few runs go back to the hub and buy a load. It's good practice to buy a bunch instead of leveling up every now and again so you always have a stock of them. That and use regain as much as possible, only healing when needed (rather than topping off etc)

Joei

Central Pthumerian Defilement done! I found Watchdog far more frustrating than the layer 3 boss
Amygdala
. I think I just fail at reading that enemy well. I mean, both took tons of attempts, but I felt far less frustrated with the layer 3 boss.

Now I apparently need 2 Red Jellies for Pthumeru Ihyll.

I don't think your ready for this jelly....

Both those bosses gave me trouble, but the second one much more than the first, hours and hours more trouble.

On a side note, I just finished the DLC yesterday. The new weapons are really cool and interesting, but it's hard to gauge which I like most since I can't just max them out and see if I'm getting similar damage output to my Ludwig, plus I'm so used to using it and my stats are kind of geared towards using it that I don't know if it'll even be worth using a new one... I guess I'll try some stuff in NG+ or the chalice dungeons.

And I read so much that the last boss of the DLC was crazy hard, but I didn't have much trouble with him, took me three tries. Maybe it's cause I'm level like 110, I dunno. I normally don't level that high in these games, but when doing chalices the echoes just fall over themselves trying to get to you I would just randomly start leveling cause I had so many of them.

Next step is to finish the chalice dungeons, I only have depth 5 ones left, and then beat the game and try NG+ so I could do Eileen's side stuff and beat
Henryk
, totally missed it on this playthrough.

Greddleok

Fuck, I just cannot kill the damn defiled chalice amygdala. I even summoned, but the summon was useless and died before the final phase (the only part I actually have trouble with).

Fuck, I just cannot kill the damn defiled chalice amygdala. I even summoned, but the summon was useless and died before the final phase (the only part I actually have trouble with).

It's easier solo. Get behind her, take a slash or two. When she jumps stay still. She'll land with her head behind you, so you can ready an R2 charge while she's in the air. Get behind her and repeat.

No I meant abhorrent beast. You'll see. Oh yeah ebrietas is roms mother.

Is it a common tactic to play through the Nightmare Frontier in offline mode? I love exploring in this game, but I'm not a fan of the invasions at all.

Also, what do the Chalice headstones in the Hunters Dream do?

myco666

Is it a common tactic to play through the Nightmare Frontier in offline mode? I love exploring in this game, but I'm not a fan of the invasions at all.

Also, what do the Chalice headstones in the Hunters Dream do?

I guess common tactic for NF is to just rush to Bell Maiden and kill her to stop the Sinister Bell. First time through you could just go offline so that you can explore freely but I don't remember invasions being that frequent.

Chalice headstones are used to make Chalice dungeons. Certain bosses in the main game grant you Chalices which you place on those altars with offerings and that opens a dungeon for you to explore.

You really don't need to grind at all if you're careful, but the thing is that I'm not seeing good suggestions about how to be careful. Saying "if you were more careful you would have been able to retrieve your blood echoes" is unhelpful on many levels; not only it's not necessarily true, but by the time you're in that situation (having to get back your echoes) you're already screwed. Rushing through enemies can be a good tool to save time, but definitely not in that situation.

What you want to do is never die when you have an amount of echoes you're not confortable with losing, and that's achieved simply by always going back and spending them whenever you have that many. Often by that point you've already unlocked a shortcut, but even if not, simply port back, spend (not necessarily levelling up, buying shards and vials is also a good long-term investment), and then rush (through the area you've already emptied of items, and enemies you've already faced). If you die, you lose nothing: virtually no time (you were rushing) no echoes (you had none on you nor on your bloodstain), not even future time for a second rush to where you died (no echoes there either).

I've been doing this and if anything I've been overlevelled with all my characters by endgame and NG+. Not only is it (perhaps paradoxically) more efficient than any alternative, it also makes you much more confident when facing new parts of the game. I usually take a long time though games, yet my current character, Tenrai, is level 73 at Nightmare of Mensis with all layer 1 and 2 chalices down, at 20 hours flat.

grmlin

My flamesprayer has a new best friend. Rosmarinus

Amygdala did not like it at all. The fight was over after maybe a minute.

I enjoy my arcane build a lot. Very entertaining

Lakitu

st5fu
I can't beat the two shark troll things in the Fishing Hamlet for the life of me. I read they are guarding a weapon.

I manage to always get the first one to have 30% left but then he calls his buddy and they absolutely demolish me.

I tried using Shaman Bone Blades to get them to fight each other but I only had 3 and I've run out of them now. I can't use the Beckoning Bell either (it's only for boss battles I take it?).

Can't think of what else to do, I've tried visceral attacks but everything is futile when both of them are there. I'm thinking of trying to finish the first one off but then his buddy again, just comes in and wrecks everything.

Any advice? I usually like to stay close to them to avoid their ridiculous long range attacks but again, it doesn't work when there's another.

I can't beat the two shark troll things in the Fishing Hamlet for the life of me. I read they are guarding a weapon.

I manage to always get the first one to have 30% left but then he calls his buddy and they absolutely demolish me.

I tried using Shaman Bone Blades to get them to fight each other but I only had 3 and I've run out of them now. I can't use the Beckoning Bell either (it's only for boss battles I take it?).

Can't think of what else to do, I've tried visceral attacks but everything is futile when both of them are there. I'm thinking of trying to finish the first one off but then his buddy again, just comes in and wrecks everything.

Any advice? I usually like to stay close to them to avoid their ridiculous long range attacks but again, it doesn't work when there's another.

Keep on circling the central pillar to make sure you only face one at a time.
Make sure the anchor one is following you with the reinforcement buddy following behind. If it's the other way around, then circle to pillar to face anchor guy. I found that the pillar is wide enough that you can disengage and circle to the other side, and the other one will lose track of you.

With that going on, I fish for gun parries while anchor guy does the 1-mile lunge. One is enough to put it into a low hp state after which you just hack away. Then the unarmed fish guy is straightforward to take down

I had the same problem so just cheesed the fight. Go to the fishing hut lamp and kill those 2 frenzy bitches. Throw a poison knife at the Shark Giant with the anchor, you might need to throw over his head, use the monocle. Then just smash them from the ledge.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, Micolash was the bitchiest fight in all of bloodborne.

Ironically, this was the huntiest hunt that I've hunted. When people Hunt, prey doesn't fight back 9 times out of 10. And this fucker only fought when he was literally cornered, which for me ONLY happened early on in the fight. So I whipped out my meaty Repeater and went to town. Did 450 damage per hit, and he went down within maybe 6 shots. Fucker wanted to play keep away, well try keeping away from bullets, asshole.

And now I'm at that magic grinding spot of rainbows and love and I have 2 moon runes. Yay. My Skill/Bloodtinge build will be made a reality.

krioto

I love it when you get on a roll - NG+ - beat BSB, Paarl, Witches, 3 chalices and cleared Forbidden Forest to open up the shortcut, all in one sitting!

Just tendered Djura his resignation. Almost beat him fair and square too, did a VA on him and had him on the ropes. Then homie fell off and died. Easy way out.

Save the beasts, my foot. A hoonter must hoont.

Veelk

Banned
Just tendered Djura his resignation. Almost beat him fair and square too, did a VA on him and had him on the ropes. Then homie fell off and died. Easy way out.

Save the beasts, my foot. A hoonter must hoont.

Atleast you got a fight out of him. He jumped as soon as I showed up.

Veelk

Banned
Quick question: I can farm insight by remaking a 1 depth chalice dungeon and just rush through the bosses, right? I may have to do that for blood rocks.

Top Bottom