• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
No, you're not baiting me into any of those things again, I'm done! I'm so glad I have the dlc areas to explore now

LogicStep

So what's the best or one of the best skill weapons I should go for? I feel like a noob playing as skill. As str I just trusted my hammer.

Going through the chalice dungeons with my bloodtinge build character to get the Lost Chikage and the best gems. I've done it before but It's tedious going through the first view dungeons going through every room gathering materials.

Shit gets real when you reach level 4 and defiled chalice though.

I've probably put more than 30 hours into this game but I still have some pretty basic questions.

1. How can I tell which weapons are Strength and which are Skill?
2. Do blood gem effects stack? For example, if I have three blood gems that each increase my attack by 10%, is my base damage now 30% higher or do they not add to each other?
3. Unless I'm mistaken, the only blood gems worth using are usually near the bottom of the list, right?
4. On the stats screen, what does the secondary number next to a weapon's attack mean? Is this the blood gem's effects? For example, the Blood ATK number in this screenshot:

LLnbIRg.jpg

This is probably super basic info, but I haven't learned it yet. To be honest, all the different effects of the blood gems confuses me a little. (Physical Attack vs ATK, ATK Against Beasts, etc.). I'm not quite sure what differentiates all of these.

Veelk

Banned
I'm officially in love with Maria. She's the Vergil/Jeanne of the game, especially given how I'm primarily a Skill/Bloodtinge build. I having a great time against her

wiibomb

I've probably put more than 30 hours into this game but I still have some pretty basic questions.

1. How can I tell which weapons are Strength and which are Skill?
2. Do blood gem effects stack? For example, if I have three blood gems that each increase my attack by 10%, is my base damage now 30% higher or do they not add to each other?
3. Unless I'm mistaken, the only blood gems worth using are usually near the bottom of the list, right?
4. On the stats screen, what does the secondary number next to a weapon's attack mean? Is this the blood gem's effects? For example, the Blood ATK number in this screenshot:

This is probably super basic info, but I haven't learned it yet. To be honest, all the different effects of the blood gems confuses me a little. (Physical Attack vs ATK, ATK Against Beasts, etc.). I'm not quite sure what differentiates all of these.

1. there is no weapon specific to a single stat, rather, they scale with a stat, that means a weapon will get better with each point you have in that stat, you can check the stat scaling in the weapon description.

for example in that image: you can see that the repeating pistol has a B in the blootinge status under the Attribute Bonus, that is the scalinga associated with that weapon, that mean that the weapon will scale with the bloodtinge stat.

the higher the letter, the better the scaling, and a weapon can scale in multiple stats, but you should check with which it scalates better.

2. yes, they stack, and you can check if they indeed do before applying the gem, before you set the bloodgem, the stats of the weapon will appear with the changed stats after setting the bloodgem

3. yes and no. they are sorted by type. so the last of the type is the best, but each bloodgem type do different things, so you should check at least the last of each type sorted

4. that means the applied effect of the bloodgems.

So what's the best or one of the best skill weapons I should go for? I feel like a noob playing as skill. As str I just trusted my hammer.

it bastly differs, check the weapons that scale with SKL and then try them, I loved the threaded cane

For pure blinding speed, especially if you love dash attacks, go for Blades of Mercy. Keep in mind that they've got a pretty short range and basically none of its attacks stagger bigger enemies, though its stunlock potential is super high against mobs.

My personal favourite though, is the Burial Blade, even though it isn't a pure skill weapon. I love scythes in video games, plus the huge sweeping attacks and best regain potential in the game, along with that sweet R2 are just bloody awesome.

Another awesome weapon, is the Rakuyo, which has the best combos in the game and speed-wise, it is only a shade slower than Blades of Mercy.

I also love the pimp cane, but it does get out damaged by these other weapons I mentioned.
So which is the more common way to play Bloodborne after people beat it the first time? NG+ or new character/build?

NG+ will let you experiment with all weapons that you got towards the end of the game. Some enemies (mainly bosses) become a bit HP-spongy in NG+ but seeing as how you have a multitude of ways to take'em down and more experience with their skill set, I'd recommend NG+ over a fresh start. Keep in mind that some dlc bosses do have a bs amount of health in NG+ (like
Ludwig
)

Way late to the party, but I just started going through the DLC with a friend.
Such a thrilling challenge so far! We're taking it slow, clearing it out bit by bit, and only just unlocked the first shortcut. Incredible stuff.

I couldn't resist making a little video of one highlight in particular...
It'll only take a minute of your time :)

hahahahahaha I sometimes trick my friends and hosts to wander in that part.

I'm about to start my first Soulsborne game.

This music at the title screen is amazing.

Play the way you want, get lost and explore, the first runs is an amazing experience in any souls game.

So which is the more common way to play Bloodborne after people beat it the first time? NG+ or new character/build?

Depends of your gamestyle, I dont do NG+ unless I finish the DLC first, I prefer to do a fresh char for different builds since there is no Respec.

Ok got my beast Claw build going on, what runes should i Hunt for? What gems? Should i level up str and skl?

Physical Gems, level Str

gogosox82

Trying to fight Laurence in NG+ is making me hate this game. I'd rather fight depth 5 defiled Amy 100 times than fight this fucker on ng+ or later.

I killed the three NPC Hunters in Yahar'gul before speaking with Queen Annalise. Will I still have more opportunities to kill NPC hunters and receive a Blood Dreg? I'd prefer to stay away from PVP if possible.

I killed the three NPC Hunters in Yahar'gul before speaking with Queen Annalise. Will I still have more opportunities to kill NPC hunters and receive a Blood Dreg? I'd prefer to stay away from PVP if possible.

I think there are like 3 more hunters , the two on the right side in the grand cathedral, the crow hunter inside the cathedral and one in mensis, killing other players can give you the item too

Veelk

Banned
Jesus christ, I just fucking give up for tonight.

The shark giants are a pain in general except for the unarmed one, but the ones in the well can just go fuck themselves.

And if the developers are going to make that giant pain in the ass area essentially a boss battle (because it is), they could atleast have the fucking courtesy to not place it in the middle of enemy occupied territory. Half the frustration is that I have to like 10 enemies on the way there, which makes it really easy to slip up and make a mistake when you just want to go down the well to die for the 15th fucking time.

And the one time I got an advantage and managed to wittle down the sharks health to have, something glitched on me. Rather than jumping down at the point where it was half, he wouldn't come down until the other shark came over. That's when I used the Shaman bone on him, and...it didn't work. It just didn't work. There's no way I didn't hit him, I was right next to his ballsack. He didn't interrupt me in any way. I tried again. Twice, it just didn't work.

Fuck you bloodborne. Fuck you.

Dahbomb

Ludwig is DOWN

And holy fucking crap, that was the best fight this game has given me yet. It took me a whole bunch of tries, but I love going from not knowing what the fuck I am supposed to do against this monstrosity, to learning his moveset, understanding him, and then being able to get around them.

And best of all, the fight that finally ended him was neck and neck. I had all the advantages I could bring to that fight, high gemstones against beasts, fire paper, and the strongest weapon I had...and I just BARELY managed to survive him. Some people prefer becoming good enough to not even let a boss touch them, but I disagree and vastly prefer it when you are just barely able to handle a boss. Next playthrough, when I have my LHS fully leveled up, I'd like to bring it up against him. I'd have used it against him now, at level 8, but fuck that, because there's no fucking around with this dude, so I had to bring my A game regardless of thematic appropriateness.

Edit: and I just lost 120,000. Nope, still haven't stopped caring about the Echoes losses.

Edit 2: And now 300,000. Because I'm stupid.
At this point you are just saying this out of stubbornness lol.

The Shark well is 100% bull crap though. You can actually parry the sharks though.

Veelk

Banned
At this point you are just saying this out of stubbornness lol.

The Shark well is 100% bull crap though. You can actually parry the sharks though.

Look, as long as I have stuff to buy, losing a large amount of Echoes is a permanent loss of progress, and there are few things as disheartening in a videogame as that. Currently, I'm at level 164, with each level up costing 180K or so.

But okay, lets say I get to the level I want for all stats and now I'm sitting at 50's all around.

Well, I could have restocked my supply of Bone Marrow Ash or Papers or whatever. Or if that's all stocked up, then maybe I can buy something I don't immediately need. I didn't bother buying Repugnant blood vials the whole game, because I don't need them.....just now, I was facing the Blood Starved beast in the dungeon, and I'm out, so imagine my surprise when I found out they cost 10K a pop. Would have been convienent to have that 120K around then. Or hell, just buy all the Blood Vials and Bullets. You can never have enough health and bullets.

Give me a glitch or a way to keep an infinite amount of everything. Make it utterly and completely actually irrelevant. Then, and only then, I won't care about echoes.

The shark men are kind of DS2 level BS to me. Those funky hitboxes and fly forever lunges - they practically beg you to find a way to cheese them. Which might be their purpose? To give a stupidly wonky part of the game for masochists and for inventive/thoughtful players to find a way around all that and cheese it, and the timid to avoid it completely since it's entirely optional.

That's one thing I like about Soulsborne, there's always more than one way to tackle something, they give you so many tools it's up to the player to figure a way to use them.

grmlin

Well,
I was so frustrated with my arcane char because I somehow fucked up backing up my save file before I pushed the beast cutter to +9, that I started a new skill char. I did not really like the beast cutter with arcane and farming for more chunks bored the shit out of me.

Yesterday I went after the blood starved beast, that thing did kill me so often in the past, especially when I first played the game. I obviously did learn some things while playing the game. This time it hit me only once I think and poisoned me, but the rest of the fight was a almost flawless parry party. It felt so good!
This is what makes the game excellent, it rewards you for getting good. Amazing.

Dmax3901

Look, as long as I have stuff to buy, losing a large amount of Echoes is a permanent loss of progress, and there are few things as disheartening in a videogame as that. Currently, I'm at level 164, with each level up costing 180K or so.

But okay, lets say I get to the level I want for all stats and now I'm sitting at 50's all around.

Well, I could have restocked my supply of Bone Marrow Ash or Papers or whatever. Or if that's all stocked up, then maybe I can buy something I don't immediately need. I didn't bother buying Repugnant blood vials the whole game, because I don't need them.....just now, I was facing the Blood Starved beast in the dungeon, and I'm out, so imagine my surprise when I found out they cost 10K a pop. Would have been convienent to have that 120K around then. Or hell, just buy all the Blood Vials and Bullets. You can never have enough health and bullets.

Give me a glitch or a way to keep an infinite amount of everything. Make it utterly and completely actually irrelevant. Then, and only then, I won't care about echoes.

TBH the enemies in some of the chalice dungeons drop so many echoes a pop that they have become rather meaningless for me. Also blood vials. Spawn at the great bridge, kill everything til the two werewolves on the bridge, go down to the two big dudes, then down the elevator toward Gascoigne with the bridge with the burning ball then warp out at Gascoigne's lantern. 20 vials at the very least and takes like two minutes.

Soulhouf

I had no problem with the Shark giants with my Bloodtinge build. I literally murdered them with my Chikage.
With my other characters I had more trouble because I wasn't doing as much damage but it wasn't that bad really. Granted I was already maxed out level wise (full build lv100-105) so my builds were already optimal.
That was when I didn't know the shaman bone blade would work.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Beat Ludwig yesterday. Dat mid fight cutscene... I beat him on my third try co-op, and it all went by so fast, was like a haze. All I remember was that the fight music was amazing as hell. The dlc has been great so far.

Disturbing that
the road to him is one long creek of blood with bodies in it

silva1991

Beat Ludwig yesterday. Dat mid fight cutscene... I beat him on my third try co-op, and it all went by so fast, was like a haze. All I remember was that the fight music was amazing as hell. The dlc has been great so far.

Disturbing that
the road to him is one long creek of blood with bodies in it

What's more disturbing that you can hit
the almost dead bodies on the ground and it will make a special sound even tho they aren't NPCs and just part of the level design.

Veelk

Banned
TBH the enemies in some of the chalice dungeons drop so many echoes a pop that they have become rather meaningless for me. Also blood vials. Spawn at the great bridge, kill everything til the two werewolves on the bridge, go down to the two big dudes, then down the elevator toward Gascoigne with the bridge with the burning ball then warp out at Gascoigne's lantern. 20 vials at the very least and takes like two minutes.

And with the 120K I made going forward, I could have had like 200 vials in 2 seconds.

All you're suggesting is that I exchange 'money' for 'time'. The conversation keeps going back to the idea that getting that many echoes or getting those incredients is 'not hard'. It's not about being difficulty. It's the fact that those were mine, and I lost them. The fact that I can do something to regain them isn't the point, it's that the game permanently loses my progress. I. Fucking. Hate it. And one way or another, the echoes/time invested/whatever currency you want to use adds up.

And if you want to play the idea that it's not a big deal on any level, then suppose this: Lets say that Bloodborne allowed a mode where you never lose your echoes. If you die, you simple restart with the amount you accumulated. Imagine playing through the game having never lost any of the money you earned. How much money would you have have again? I'd probably have enough atleast to level up another category. People would probably be able to fully level their character to be able to be proficient in 2 more catergories than now atleast. And it's certainly affect the playstyle. You'd never feel any fear from losing your progress again. No more 'be careful!' runs where you're trying to inch through an area to try to recover the amount of echoes hanging in the balance.

And for some of that, that'd be an awful. Not for me, but that's fine, everyone has their own preferences, and for that I wouldn't change the way BB is unless it was only as option so people could play the "please kick my balls" mode they desire. But I'm sick of trying to be dissuaded about the importance of this design philosophy and the impact it leaves. It's a fundamental pillar of the game's design that is all but the basis of the kind of feel the game tries to impress upon the player. Sure, echoes become less essential as the game goes on due to better farming spots/less shit to buy/easier shit to find, whatever. I think that can be said about most games, that they get boiled down to their most important elements while more extrenious ones disappear. Perfectly true, yes.

But it doesn't go away, and it's not going to go away so long as there is shit to buy. And maybe that wasn't your experience, maybe you got what you wanted and didn't feel the need to get more levels, or are happy to just get what you need on the road rather than buying. Yeah, that's also fine. But that's not how I roll. And dude, I'm almost done with the game. Somehow, telling me that I have a wealth of farming over yonder doesn't change make it feel any more disheartening when the game dumps out the echoes' I've worked for now. If my old dog dies, my parents promising me that I'll get a newer, better dog doesn't make me feel better.

I had no problem with the Shark giants with my Bloodtinge build. I literally murdered them with my Chikage.
With my other characters I had more trouble because I wasn't doing as much damage but it wasn't that bad really. Granted I was already maxed out level wise (full build lv100-105) so my builds were already optimal.
That was when I didn't know the shaman bone blade would work.
For shits and giggles, I decided to upgrade the Chikage and whip it out to see how it faired. See, I LOVE that I can just do that, instead of starting a new game and playing to the DLC. Worth it's weight in gold.

It didn't help though. Putting in damage isn't the issue, both Simon's Bowblade and Reiterpallash can do that just fine. The issue is avoiding it's hits, which is practically impossible not just because it's hit box are obnoxiously wide and it's moves fast, but it's also the narrow arena which doesn't just close me in but also fucks the camera royally. I swear, a third of the time, I have literally no clue whats happening because the camera is trying to squeeze between me and the rock wall while the Shark fucker is attacking us from the outer angle.

This fight is so obnoxious on every level. Is there an AI buddy I can scrounge up anywhere around? I am 1 insight away from a Blood Rock, but I may have to bit the bullet and get some help on this.

Edit: Okay, dahbomb, I missed your post, but I wanted to say you were right. Parrying them made it SO simple.

So the fight is stupidly difficult if you're trying to do it legitimately, or it's child's play if you parry them.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: Okay, dahbomb, I missed your post, but I wanted to say you were right. Parrying them made it SO simple.

So the fight is stupidly difficult if you're trying to do it legitimately, or it's child's play if you parry them.

Nothing illegitimate about parrying. If you're ever stuck on an enemy, 9/10 times parrying is the solution.

Veelk

Banned
Nothing illegitimate about parrying. If you're ever stuck on an enemy, 9/10 times parrying is the solution.

It is the way I play it. I mean, I make use of parrying, but I don't like exploiting it as a rule. I don't think there should be a rule. It makes the fights feel too gamey. There is a certain element of chaos that comes from fights, and that's what I like about them.

How do I explain this....it happened with Logarius. I had a LOT of trouble with him. However, the second to the last fight I had with him was the best one. We were both landing blows on each other, and we were neck and neck, and he only won because I got suck on one of the chimneys on the wall. I wasn't happy with the ending, but otherwise it was my favorite fight. If I had remembered to throw a knife like I had equipped, that would have been perfect...but alas...

The last fight, which I won, was the one I didn't like. I've been going at him with so long that I entered a kind of zen state. I could see every move he was going to make and effortlessly countered it. Think the final fight between Neo and Smith in Matrix. I felt I knew him so well enough that...he was just a computer enemy, and his moves were telegraphed and predictable and mechanical. In some way, it was kinda cool, but I'd have preferred for me to be pushed to the wall like in the last fight rather than the curbstomp battle this was.

With the sharks though, this isn't even that. This is just a stupidly strong enemy with a stupidly weak achilles heel. Knowing that, it makes it such an automatically easy fight that it breaks the engagement somewhat. I never want to be aware that I am playing a videogame until I decide to put it down, and when you know an enemy too well, you can't it for what it is a computer character. And that's one of the worst things that can happen.

Ignorance means you have no idea what to do, mastery means you know exactly what to do. For me, the sweet spot is somewhere in the middle between those two. For example, Parrying would have made the fight with Maria trivial. It does ridiculous damage and is pretty easy to do. I could have steamrolled through the fight with that, but that would be uncompelling. I did parried in my fight with her, but only as a heat of the moment decision, not as a "Well, here I am going to bait the boss, wait for the telegraphed attack, and destroy her". And it's not that thinking isn't involved, per se, but not preplanned as it would be.

This is a very important point for gaming that I feel sometimes is lost. The point is never to win. The point is to play a beautiful game.

Soulhouf

For shits and giggles, I decided to upgrade the Chikage and whip it out to see how it faired. See, I LOVE that I can just do that, instead of starting a new game and playing to the DLC. Worth it's weight in gold.

It didn't help though. Putting in damage isn't the issue, both Simon's Bowblade and Reiterpallash can do that just fine. The issue is avoiding it's hits, which is practically impossible not just because it's hit box are obnoxiously wide and it's moves fast, but it's also the narrow arena which doesn't just close me in but also fucks the camera royally. I swear, a third of the time, I have literally no clue whats happening because the camera is trying to squeeze between me and the rock wall while the Shark fucker is attacking us from the outer angle.

How much AR does your Chikage have?
Mine is over 750 IIRC. Why? Because my build was focused around that and only that.
I don't even need to dodge because the giant collapses after a few swings, no big deal.
Of course you don't need to go that far to win but I wanted to make my BT build as powerful as possible while remaining lv100.

Veelk

Banned
How much AR does your Chikage have?
Mine is over 750 IIRC. Why? Because my build was focused around that and only that.
I don't even need to dodge because the giant collapses after a few swings, no big deal.

Around 500 with gems iirc, though I'm not sure why it matters. I already told you that damage wasn't the issue because I was doing respectable stuff with other weapons.

Besides, the problem wasn't that they weren't going down, especially since I realized I could do that with parrying anyhow. The issue was that it was a shit fight. Ending it in a few swings wouldn't have made it better, just quicker. And now I have a way to end it quickly anyway.

What are you suggesting a 750 chikage would have gained me? A quick victory, maybe, I don't really care about that. I want a good fight.

grmlin

Interesting. Parrying is one of the most satisfying things in this game for me, especially if the timing is tough.

I started a skill build and visceral attacks benefit greatly from skill, if I'm not completely wrong? I would throw away half the fun without parrying :)

Isn't that a accomplishment for a game? Satisfying players in so different ways

Veelk

Banned
Interesting. Parrying is one of the most satisfying things in this game for me, especially if the timing is tough.

I started a skill build and visceral attacks benefit greatly from skill, if I'm not completely wrong? I would throw away half the fun without parrying :)

I like parrying too. As a mechanic, it's great. I just don't like overlying on any one mechanic to the point that I am just doing that one thing to beat the game....

...that said, when I don't want to fight an enemy anymore and want to end it, it sure is handy. Bloodstarved beast in the chalice dungeons went down REAL fast after I started focusing on it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I like parrying too. As a mechanic, it's great. I just don't like overlying on any one mechanic to the point that I am just doing that one thing to beat the game....

...that said, when I don't want to fight an enemy anymore and want to end it, it sure is handy. Bloodstarved beast in the chalice dungeons went down REAL fast after I started focusing on it.

I appreciate what you're saying. If I were "over relying" on parrying, 9/10 I wouldn't get stuck to begin with. ;)

It was never the first thing I thought to do, but then I would try it out, likely after being drubbed numerous times; lo and behold, it would often work (hence my little '9/10' mantra). I only worked out you could party sharks by accident.

Soulhouf

I like parrying but I usually do it with my SKL build character because it's the one that benefits from it the most. With a str build you better do a charged attack after parrying because it does more damage.
I almost never do it with my BT build because I do more normal damage than with visceral attacks. It really depends on the build and that's what I find interesting: you play differently depending on the build and weapons you use.

Edit: in PvP in particular if you don't want to deal with the healing BS, one parry + visceral/charged attack and your opponent is done for most of the time.
So satisfying.

You haven't lived until you've parried Ebrietas out of her charge attack using Accursed Brew.

Dahbomb

Nothing illegitimate about parrying, it's a core feature of the game. Not using it is like not juggling enemies in DMC because it's cheap or whatever.

The Shark well area is a poorly designed encounter for sure though.

Raptor

Ah the good ol shark giant well, I died there like 50+ times, they are harder than any boss to me lol.

Killed Micolash last nitgh with my Beast Claw build I had it at +9 charged with bolt, I didnt even let him cast a call beyond, dude was done.

Should I start doing dungeons till I find those 28% or something gems?

Or should I go and try to get the Beast Enbrance? Im scared of Laurence lol.

Yes, the parrying scales with Skill mostly, the weapon strength and physical gems

Veelk

Banned
I only tried to take Larry on twice, but first time was me just trying to activate his battle (I was badly equipped) and second time trying to take him on for real... Only to die from one hit.

I can tell already this guy is going to be oodles of joy. Also, who was it that said that from learned their lesson and put all the Lamps next to the bosses? Because this one is distinctly pretty damn far from the nearest lamp and filled with enemies in between. Given the toughness of the enemies, that's probably going to piss me off more than anything by itself.

Edit: third try, he thrusts his claw 3 feet above my head, but that hits me. Maybe it's also psychic.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I only tried to take Larry on twice, but first time was me just trying to activate his battle (I was badly equipped) and second time trying to take him on for real... Only to die from one hit.

I can tell already this guy is going to be oodles of joy. Also, who was it that said that from learned their lesson and put all the Lamps next to the bosses? Because this one is distinctly pretty damn far and filled with enemies in between. Given the toughness of the enemies, that's probably going to piss me off more than anything by itself.

Glad that's catching on :)

You should be okay.... First hunter is the most problematic, I'd say, but drops blood vials, so that should cover any damage you receive.

The three wolf dudes are scared of fire and won't attack if you have your torch equipped.

Second hunter is tricky but you can use the terrain to your advantage to get close and mess him up.

Run up the stairs without a torch and you can draw all five wolf dudes out. Run back down and they'll follow you, invariably getting get killed by the big flaming ball (which you dodge, obviously).

Wait for the Executioner to kill the mooks. When he comes after you, you can roll past him. Get to the top of the stairs and he resets his position outside the door... then you can stab him in the back for 6 more vials.

As you can see, I did that run a lot. :D

Dahbomb

Larry as in Lawrence? It's an optional boss so that's why the post is slightly far (it's a small run, main issue is opening the door which takes some time). You can completely skip the executioner. Also the boss HP is over tuned seemingly in purpose on top being basically a palette swap.

The main bosses all have posts that are close with either elevator rides or the post being right next to the entrance.

I can tell already this guy is going to be oodles of joy. Also, who was it that said that from learned their lesson and put all the Lamps next to the bosses? Because this one is distinctly pretty damn far from the nearest lamp and filled with enemies in between. Given the toughness of the enemies, that's probably going to piss me off more than anything by itself.

Edit: third try, he thrusts his claw 3 feet above my head, but that hits me. Maybe it's also psychic.

Kite him around, stay mostly in his right side and his butt, if you hurt his arms enough you can made them bleed and deal aditional damage

Raptor

Lols, I laugh everytine you post man, but nothing worng nor bad just the way you narrate things.

Veelk

Banned
Larry as in Lawrence? It's an optional boss so that's why the post is slightly far (it's a small run, main issue is opening the door which takes some time). You can completely skip the executioner. Also the boss HP is over tuned seemingly in purpose on top being basically a palette swap.

The main bosses all have posts that are close with either elevator rides or the post being right next to the entrance.
Being an optional boss fight doesn't except it from Rule 45, Section B1 of the Official Videogamer's Handbook of Design that states "The distance from respawn point to the expected spike in difficulty ought to be as close to zero as reasonably possible or else be held accountable to the players bitching and moaning on the internets".

Kite him around, stay mostly in his right side and his butt, if you hurt his arms enough you can made them bleed and deal aditional damage

I appreciate you trying to help and I don't want to sound ungrateful for when you pitched in for when I was asking for help, but not every bump on the road is a cry for help, you know? I only went up against him 3 times, give me some time to get my feet burned to a cinder before I actually go online for help. Sometimes I just want to laugh at how a boss is kicking my ass upon the first time I'm meeting him.

Lols, I laugh everytine you post man, but nothing worng nor bad just the way you narrate things.
:)

Top Bottom