• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Dmax3901

Just thought I'd update you guys, I'm now up the the headless blood-letting beast fella.

Nearly killed him first attempt (foolishly went into the fight with hardly any vials) so I'm pretty confident I'll clear him soon.

Beat Martyr Logarious on my first try! I think Byrgenwerth is my next area, but I think I'll attempt my first ever Chalice Dungeon instead. Can someone explain to me what the three options on the tombstone mean? One says "Search for Chalice Dungeon," can't remember the others...

Caja 117

So continuing with my run I decided to talk to the church guy and I gave him an item which made him go to cainhurst, as soon as I wemt to the queen room, the scene was....ermmm, terrifying...

So from there a giant spider "amigdala" grabed me and boom next thing I know Im in a school and right away Im taken to the "nightmare frontier"??? Wtf? Right of the bat I got attacked by 3.... Not 2, but 3 hunters, and on too of that I was getting invaded, somehow I mamaged to not loose my bloodechoes, and advance to a part where i get pushed by something into a poisonous swamp!!! Incredible!

Rikudo

Banned
Yeeessssssss! Finally beat the dog boss in the defiled dungeon! Been stuck there for a while, just now I finally won.

He didn't even land a single hit on me holyshit. My hands are still shaking lmao. :>

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Is charge attack is an instant kill if you are low in Vit, outside of that move you can stay in front of him and bail its attacks

I always found it easier to lock off when dodging the charge (actually goes for all the boss charges in this game). I *can* dodge locked on, but have more control it seems locking off. Sometimes it's just a case of RNG, I've fought him a few times where he's never done the charge at all.

Like Orochinagis says stay in front of him, mid-ish distance to bait his swipes/bites. The timing is a little longer than you think it is to wait before you can attack, because if you try to come in too soon he will combo and do another swipe back the opposite direction and catch you, whereas if you wait that fraction longer before going in he will only do the one attack and you can safely get a hit or two in whilst his animation resets.

What I did:
- one of his common attacks is the sideways bite. It's pretty well telegraphed, so if you charge up an R2 while he goes for the bite you will hit him when he brings his head back to centre (after he misses you). I used the LHB and it worked well, as it has good range.
- regarding the one hit kill, there is a short tell before he charges. Once you notice it, unlock the camera and then roll to one side (staying locked on means you can't dodge it IIRC).

After getting those 2 things down I didn't have much trouble with him.

Thanks guys, I finally did it. Staying in front of him was a good tip, did that as much as possible. Felt so good to finally down this asshole. Now I remembered I need to beat another dungeon after this one iirc.. And there's still a final boss in this dungeon as well. It's gonna feel good to finally leave the chalice dungeons behind.

I'll probably upload the dog fight later, because I had a great fuck-up in the latter half

Sure he is.
Check this video were he gets murdered in a few seconds in NG+7 with a Saw Cleaver and BBP.
This person has the most boring boss fights. I'm like shit tier, but at least my boss fights look interesting and have a sense of tension.
Thanks guys, I finally did it. Staying in front of him was a good tip, did that as much as possible. Felt so good to finally down this asshole. Now I remembered I need to beat another dungeon after this one iirc.. And there's still a final boss in this dungeon as well. It's gonna feel good to finally leave the chalice dungeons behind.

I'll probably upload the dog fight later, because I had a great fuck-up in the latter half
I platinumed the game and I still do the dungeons, I must have an illness.
1423563716662.gif

neoism

OK just had to make this hope someone can help me... im on ng+ now... and im going crazy trying to find this info and i just cant believe its not on the internet anywhere... no where even the wikia..
OK a lot of people think and say that the nightmare pigs is a really good farming spot on new game plus, but in the lecture building on new game plus with all three moon runes you can get approximately 99,000 echos per mintue, and with the new patch The Load times there after warping back to the lamp or around 7-9 seconds so with this if you really go really fast through it for one hour you can get about 6 million< echoes per hour 1 mil per 10 minutes, which is the highest I've ever seen ....

My question is what is the echo gains on NG++????? compared to NG+????

why is this not in the guide seems ridiculous that after a year plus this info isnt on the internet... smh..
if anyone can find out if your on ng++ or know pls help...thanks...

I am starting to complete the Chalices I still haven cleared, Loran was a pain, so far I need another chalice for the madman armor set
You never did Lower Hintertomb? I always do that one, every game, it's not even that hard. Loran isn't that bad either. The only thing that annoys me is that Million spiders and a werewolf room and Lower Loran is fucked cause of Loran Darkbeast, but that's the only hiccup for me.

You never did Lower Hintertomb? I always do that one, every game, it's not even that hard. Loran isn't that bad either. The only thing that annoys me is that Million spiders and a werewolf room and Lower Loran is fucked cause of Loran Darkbeast, but that's the only hiccup for me.

Nope, chalices are a boring experience for me but after multiple runs on several alts I guess its time to finish it with my main.

Nope, chalices are a boring experience for me but after multiple runs on several alts I guess its time to finish it with my main.
It's just a supplement to the main game for me, it's never really bothered me that much. I already have a decent enough idea on what order to do the in, stat requirements and what not so I just do them when I don't feel like racing through the main game, plus I do it to get better gems and to level up.

Those triangle gems would surely helped me on the DLC and the defiled chalice. *sobs*
I know that feeling. I still need to beat Lower Loran on one of my other characters. I managed to beat Defiled Amygdala finally, but fuck that fucking skittering, skeletal electric sock puppet motherfucker.

Soulhouf

I platinumed the game and I still do the dungeons, I must have an illness.
1423563716662.gif

I still do the Chalice Dungeons with all my characters mainly for gems, materials and other rare stuff.
I'm a dungeon crawler person and even if Bloodborne's gameplay isn't fit for dungeon crawlers design I still enjoy doing co-op in them quite a bit.

Should I buy and finish the DLC before finishing the main game?

Absolutely, yes. You can complete the DLC once per NG and among others it contains a second Blood Rock, plus it has the hardest bosses in the entire game which will be even harder on NG+.

Also, I uploaded the video of my fight against Maria on my bloodtinge character. Since she is strong against blood damage, it was the hardest fight in the game for this character (basically had to spam visceral attacks), but it ended up being quite entertaining visually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzpDTX6jSY

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Uploaded my Watchdog fight here My fuck-up is near the end, where I get nervous and forget a cannon shot takes 10 bullets. I then try the hp trick but that doesn't seem to work. Remember: haven't touched the game since launch :p Good run ruined, but no shame in sharing.

Now I'm at the Amygdala and this is another instakill affair. Luckily my +10 weapon is Ludwig's blade, and its L2 is pretty useful against her.

Arondight

Uploaded my Watchdog fight here My fuck-up is near the end, where I get nervous and forget a cannon shot takes 10 bullets. I then try the hp trick but that doesn't seem to work. Remember: haven't touched the game since launch :p Good run ruined, but no shame in sharing.

Now I'm at the Amygdala and this is another instakill affair. Luckily my +10 weapon is Ludwig's blade, and its L2 is pretty useful against her.

Cannon takes 12 shots probably why it didn't work since you had 11 altogether.

The church cannon takes 10 shots.

Also did the same with Amy. L2 has enough reach for it's head.

Madridy

Finally got around to finish the Old Hunters DLC. What an amazing expansion, with probably some of the best boss fights in the whole Souls games.

NG+ with a pure skill based hunter using BoM/Burial Blade, until i got the amazing Rakuyo (So much fun using it).

I killed Lu
dwig
first try, with the help of Valtyr, it was a walk in the park tbh (just like the Liv
ing Failures
).

Lady
Maria
was probably my favorite fight in the whole game, also killed her first time but it was a fucking intense fight, managed to parry her twice but then she went ballistic 2nd phase and I barley made it. My heart was beating so fast at the end and I was beginning to sweat too!

Orp
han of Kos
was also another great boss, also managed to kill him first try, but tbh I was just going into this fight to learn his patterns and I was staying back and he destroyed me with his ranged attacks so I kept close and dodging to his left (my right) with my Rakuyo on fire and just getting a couple hits then dodging and recovering then closing the distance again and it worked great. Finished it with no vials left! (mainly because of his ranged attacks)

Finally went to Lau
rence
, what a fucking bullshit fight! died over 15+ times trying different weapons, sets, co-op, NPC co-op, and strategies. I almost called a night but thankfully a skilled hunter joined me (Thank you Mr. TANGO) and with Valtyr managed to kill him. His second phase is really hard, finally realized I needed a long range weapon for that phase (Burial Blade transformed). Always died the same way, cornering me and spewing fire all over and then his combo with no where to dodge because of the broken camera.

Man, what a great game. Up there with the first Dark Souls being the best of the series, mainly because of the fast & fun combat and crazy weapons.

Bring on Dark Souls 3!

Dmax3901

Looking up guides to farming Ritual Blood (5) but they just say to make or search for a Ailing Loran Chalice. I don't have PS+ so can't do that, and to make one uses up Ritual Blood (4) which I don't have either.

Any tips?

So how does New Game+ work? I understand that you keep your weapons and items (I assume), but are all the enemies more difficult? If so, do the starting weapons scale in difficulty at all?

For example, on my second playthrough of the game, I want to use the Threaded Cane (I've been using the Saw Cleaver almost exclusively so far. I love the quick, fast damage), but if its damage is not scaled with NG+, then I will be placing myself at an even greater disadvantage, correct? It would be hard to restrain myself from using my fully-leveled weapon from my first playthrough.

Looking up guides to farming Ritual Blood (5) but they just say to make or search for a Ailing Loran Chalice. I don't have PS+ so can't do that, and to make one uses up Ritual Blood (4) which I don't have either.

Any tips?

Last tier chalices have secret rooms containing Ritual Blood like Ailing Loran, Lower Loran and Isz in your case

So how does New Game+ work? I understand that you keep your weapons and items (I assume), but are all the enemies more difficult? If so, do the starting weapons scale in difficulty at all?

For example, on my second playthrough of the game, I want to use the Threaded Cane (I've been using the Saw Cleaver almost exclusively so far. I love the quick, fast damage), but if its damage is not scaled with NG+, then I will be placing myself at an even greater disadvantage, correct? It would be hard to restrain myself from using my fully-leveled weapon from my first playthrough.

You have to upgrade the cane to be efficient in NG+ and beyond, base damage weapons dont scale. You dont lose your upgrades materials so you can upgrade at the start or buy the upgrades in the shop now

Raptor

Any tips?

To make a Ailin Loran you need (4) and that is on the Third layer Lower Phumeteru chalice, I just farmed those there, you make a right just starting and lool for 2 snatchers that have 2 spiders between them, they will drop the Ritual Blood (4) just farm them.

Equip the Eye Rune if you have it, I gather the 9 of them in like half an hour tops.

Silvard

So I'm a returning Bloodborne player from way back when (got the platinum) who came back to do the DLC and clean up chalices and stuff. Is there a list of all of the chalices and how they unlock? I saw a flowchat on reddit but I have some chalices that don't appear in it...

Trogdor1123

Well, I came back after months of time off and went after the Shadow of Yarham, Beat it on the first try with a dudes help. Then I went and Beat Rom on my 4th try. Pretty good night for me.

Rikudo

Banned
w00t! Got the Yharnam,Pthumerian Queen trophy! So glad, the chalice dungeons became so annoying and dull after a while.

myco666

So I'm a returning Bloodborne player from way back when (got the platinum) who came back to do the DLC and clean up chalices and stuff. Is there a list of all of the chalices and how they unlock? I saw a flowchat on reddit but I have some chalices that don't appear in it...

Here is a list of all Chalices. There is a map at the end that shows what you get from where and all materials required are listed.

grmlin

I was so afraid of Ludwig that I started Chalice dungeons yesterday and rushed through some of them.

Can anyone tell me why it is so hard to find good triangle gems in the main game? Do they want you to do chalices this way?

Anyway, as fun as my arcane char is, it's a pain to find good gems and all for it. I consider a skill or blood tinge char next to get more out of all the loot.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Wow I beat Chalice Amygdala, on my fifth try or so as well. One great tip I got from watching a strategy vid on her was to stand still when she jumps in the air. Really seems like you can't take damage if you don't move in that moment. Once she pulled off her arms I just kept to the back and hit her legs + tail, for safety.

Guess I'm pretty close to the platinum now, just have to advance in NG+ and get the materials for the final dungeon.

Important question: if I want to do the dlc, it's probably best do to so before I beat NG+... Can I enter the dlc area anytime before I beat the final boss? I'm about to fight Rom.

Wow I beat Chalice Amygdala, on my fifth try or so as well. One great tip I got from watching a strategy vid on her was to stand still when she jumps in the air. Really seems like you can't take damage if you don't move in that moment. Once she pulled off her arms I just kept to the back and hit her legs + tail, for safety.

I've noticed that this rue doesn't hold if she's closer to the edge of the arena&#8212;I guess because her jump animation is curtailed by the ceiling. Got me a few times. I did the same strategy in the last phase, though. Really intense fight.

You're gonna be way overpowered for post-Rom stuff and maybe even the DLC. But yeah, you can do it any time before fighting the final boss. It scales in NG+(+++++), unlike the Chalices, so best to do it before finishing.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've noticed that this rue doesn't hold if she's closer to the edge of the arena—I guess because her jump animation is curtailed by the ceiling. Got me a few times. I did the same strategy in the last phase, though. Really intense fight.

You're gonna be way overpowered for post-Rom stuff and maybe even the DLC. But yeah, you can do it any time before fighting the final boss. It scales in NG+(+++++), unlike the Chalices, so best to do it before finishing.

Think I'm going to try it now. I'm level 115, don't know if that's OP for NG+ dlc.

Man I got totally sucked back into this game again

Think I'm going to try it now. I'm level 115, don't know if that's OP for NG+ dlc.

well in the guide, its suggested to be level ~75 or 80 and have a +9 weapon for ng. Take that how you will. I manage to do coop with a rl friend when he was level ~120 in ng+

Caja 117

"Defeated" Anigdala last night, as In my coop partmwr dod it, he/she had a weird weapon and outfit, and I guess he had a "shriek" salute, the weapong my partne had was some sort of claws, does anyone knows what weapon is that?

So I went to Grand Cathedral because for some reason I couldnt teleport there, Eilen is waiting for me there, I will try and Kill her but Im not sure what to do after, Im thinking on just keep leveling up before going to unseen village.

myco666

115 is fine for the DLC. Shouldn't be too overpowered or too weak. However it depends a lot on your stat distribution and what gems you have.

Trogdor1123

Any tips on which gems to use on Ludwig's blade? I have it at +6 right now but would love to level up more but I don't have any if the mats, any tips there? I just beat ROM.

myco666

Any tips on which gems to use on Ludwig's blade? I have it at +6 right now but would love to level up more but I don't have any if the mats, any tips there? I just beat ROM.

Ones with highest physical up +%. After Rom you should be almost swimming with Blood Stone Chunks that you need for upgrades +7 - +9.

So, nightmare level is like a side quest?

Nightmare Frontier? Yeah that is an optional area.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Micolash in NG+ is such an annoying fight. Only the last phase is tough, but having to do everything again when you die is a pain in the ass. I can't seem to dodge his AoE, so I'm trying to stun him out of casting with Ludwig's. Only main game fight I've had trouble with so far. Next time I'll try to see if bullets stun him out of the casting animation as well

Also sucks that I'm forced to create another Chalice dungeon if I want more red jelly. There are 2 in the lecture hall, but for the other two there's no other option than opening a chalice dungeon and getting to level 3. Everything about chalice dungeons get so tedious after a while. I've 100%ed both DkS 1 and 2, but BB's Chalice trophy makes it the hardest and most tedious one by far.

Top Bottom