• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Raptor

Micolash in NG+ is such an annoying fight. Only the last phase is tough, but having to do everything again when you die is a pain in the ass. I can't seem to dodge his AoE, so I'm trying to stun him out of casting with Ludwig's. Only main game fight I've had trouble with so far. Next time I'll try to see if bullets stun him out of the casting animation as well

Also sucks that I'm forced to create another Chalice dungeon if I want more red jelly. There are 2 in the lecture hall, but for the other two there's no other option than opening a chalice dungeon and getting to level 3. Everything about chalice dungeons get so tedious after a while. I've 100%ed both DkS 1 and 2, but BB's Chalice trophy makes it the hardest and most tedious one by far.

Yes, shot at him, I got that tip from a gaffer here, was having troubles because when is low on health he will start spamming that move over and over, so just shot him and go for the kill.

Essay

Micolash in NG+ is such an annoying fight. Only the last phase is tough, but having to do everything again when you die is a pain in the ass. I can't seem to dodge his AoE, so I'm trying to stun him out of casting with Ludwig's. Only main game fight I've had trouble with so far. Next time I'll try to see if bullets stun him out of the casting animation as well

Bullets can at least prevent him from starting up the cast, but you have to do it preemptively, or the starburst will still come out.

Also sucks that I'm forced to create another Chalice dungeon if I want more red jelly. There are 2 in the lecture hall, but for the other two there's no other option than opening a chalice dungeon and getting to level 3.

Yeah,specifically, 2 more red jellies can be found in the main part of Level 3 of the Great Isz chalice that you get from Ebrietas. It's why Isz is quasi-mandatory.

Trogdor1123

Ones with highest physical up +%. After Rom you should be almost swimming with Blood Stone Chunks that you need for upgrades +7 - +9.

Nightmare Frontier? Yeah that is an optional area.

Later areas will drop the next tier of upgrade material, be sure to do the Nighmare Frontier too

Yes, and there are some nighmare areas that are part of the game
How do you get to the nightmare frontier? Also, we got some things for beating the three dudes in yarham, what's that for?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yes, shot at him, I got that tip from a gaffer here, was having troubles because when is low on health he will start spamming that move over and over, so just shot him and go for the kill.

Bullets can at least prevent him from starting up the cast, but you have to do it preemptively, or the starburst will still come out.

Yeah it isn't exactly a win button. Still at him, many tries later. He's also trolling me hard with his walking route, mostly taking ages to get to his fight spot. He warps using the mirrors, changes directions... asshole.

How do you get to the nightmare frontier? Also, we got some things for beating the three dudes in yarham, what's that for?

You got a rune from them, if you did hemwick channel you get a tool to equip runes in your hunter on the dream, inside the house where the altar is.

To reach Nighmare Frontier, you have to talk to a NPC in one of the doors in Yharman, a strange voice will give you some directions to find the Lecture hall and gives you a item. that item is required to enter if not you wont be transported to the Lecture Hall. You can explore or read the spoiler for the exact location
The nighmare frontier is placed inside the Lecture Hall area, to get into the Lecture Hall area go to Cathedral ward but go right instead , there is a path where an insivible hand will take you to the Lecture Hall.

myco666

Micolash is pissing me off at lv4. I don't have enough stamina to prevent him from casting a Call Beyond >_>

Can't you just hug him? Best strategy for me has been being as close as possible and circle strafe him. Augur will miss everytime and he won't use ACB at all. His fists will hit but the damage from that is really low.

IS there a save point near/before the Shadow of Yharnam fight... I've racked up like 200k points having to run from forbidden woods -_-.

This game has made me start to hate gaming, I haven't felt shit like this in a looooooong time. I even through my controller onto my desk, which I've never done D=.

IS there a save point near/before the Shadow of Yharnam fight... I've racked up like 200k points having to run from forbidden woods -_-.

This game has made me start to hate gaming, I haven't felt shit like this in a looooooong time. I even through my controller onto my desk, which I've never done D=.

Nope, just a shortcut to the first lamp to the area. Do you have a brave hunter item?

You mean the Bold hunters mark which teleports you back? If so, yeah but it takes like 20-30 mins to run between the two, unless I'm taking a long route T_T.

I'm pretty sure you can run from the lamp to the Shadows of Yharnam fight in like.... 3 minutes ish? Maybe a tad less? I did it with my friend a little while ago when he needed help with the fight.

I'm pretty sure you can run from the lamp to the Shadows of Yharnam fight in like.... 3 minutes ish? Maybe a tad less? I did it with my friend a little while ago when he needed help with the fight.

O_O, I've been running from the lamp , to the cannon/transformed area, through the whole woods... Just looked up the map, there's an elevator near the cannon -__-.

Soulhouf

Shoot him

Can't you just hug him? Best strategy for me has been being as close as possible and circle strafe him. Augur will miss everytime and he won't use ACB at all. His fists will hit but the damage from that is really low.

I'll try that later thanks.
This boss is driving me crazy. Sometimes I die in the first phase and when I manage to go to the second phase he kills me as soon as I land.

Joei

Just finished Loran Darkbeast.... My god that was hard. Some of these Chalice bosses are easy, like the first two for that chalice, then you run into a buzz saw like him. I lost count how many times I tried.

jonjonaug

Just finished Loran Darkbeast.... My god that was hard. Some of these Chalice bosses are easy, like the first two for that chalice, then you run into a buzz saw like him. I lost count how many times I tried.

Darkbeast isn't too bad. Like all beasts, they're distracted by Pungent Blood Cocktails. It's also a really easy boss if you have something that can hit it in the head (L2 on the two handed Ludwig sword for example), it'll get stunned much more easily.

Joei

Darkbeast isn't too bad. Like all beasts, they're distracted by Pungent Blood Cocktails. It's also a really easy boss if you have something that can hit it in the head (L2 on the two handed Ludwig sword for example), it'll get stunned much more easily.

Actually that's what I used. My biggest problem was the camera, and then his AOE. His AOE kept knocking so much health off and how was hard for me to heal up (till I decided to just attack through the AOE and gain health back that way), and then getting the timing down for dodging the regular attacks was tricky for me. I finally got a strategy down for staying on the front/inside and attacking the front legs/head to stun him, which I didn't realize you could do till like the 15th attempt. Either way, I beat him and while it wasn't my hardest fight, it was definitely much more difficult than the first two bosses of that chalice.

I am just picking the game back up after a year off, beat One Reborn and Micolash tonight and not sure where I should go next. People have warned to make sure i do "optional" areas before I get too far

So right now I can:

A) keep going in nightmare after I fought Micolash
B) Explore upper cathedral Ward
C) go to Cainhurst

Just looking for a bit of guidance. Which one of those is going to take me further to the endgame? And which is the hardest? I'm lvl 61 at the moment

randome

I have yet to buy a ps4, but when I do I unfortunately won't have enough money for ps+. Can I still use the online functions of Bloodborne?

I am just picking the game back up after a year off, beat One Reborn and Micolash tonight and not sure where I should go next. People have warned to make sure i do "optional" areas before I get too far

So right now I can:

A) keep going in nightmare after I fought Micolash
B) Explore upper cathedral Ward
C) go to Cainhurst

Just looking for a bit of guidance. Which one of those is going to take me further to the endgame? And which is the hardest? I'm lvl 61 at the moment

Sounds like you already know what to do. Ignore A do the others (C then B), DLC then A.

I have yet to buy a ps4, but when I do I unfortunately won't have enough money for ps+. Can I still use the online functions of Bloodborne?

Nope,

No bloodstains
No users messages
No coop with people
No phantoms
No Invasion
Final destination

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I managed to beat G
herman
on my first attempt! I wouldn't say it was easy, more that I was lucky during quite a few clutch moments. Still, quite proud. :)

On the other hand, I had to co-op Larry.

Upper Cathedral Ward is tearing me a new one, particularly those Brainsucker enemies. I think I've lost a total of 20 Insight in just one play session. I might try heading back to Yahar'Gul and tackling that first, because I feel like I'm running into a brick wall right now.

grmlin

Upper Cathedral Ward is tearing me a new one, particularly those Brainsucker enemies. I think I've lost a total of 20 Insight in just one play session. I might try heading back to Yahar'Gul and tackling that first, because I feel like I'm running into a brick wall right now.

Yeah. I bought Twin shards or something after I realized that they are everywhere up there. They don't hit to hard, loosing insight is the only problem I have with them.

silva1991

I managed to beat G
herman
on my first attempt! I wouldn't say it was easy, more that I was lucky during quite a few clutch moments. Still, quite proud. :)

On the other hand, I had to co-op Larry.

Lol "Larry"

well yeah
German
ease is to be expected after beating DLC bosses

on BL1-10 tho........ yeah probably harder than anything in DS1 at lv1.

Dmax3901

Finally bit the bullet and bought the Old Hunters after mucking around being a cheapskate.

Enjoying it, new weapons are almost overwhelming in their numbers. I just keep thinking ahhh I can't fortify you all! Any advice for that? Just choose one I like and neglect the others?

I was worried I was too high a level for the area, then I reached Ludwig. Very different boss fight so far, looking forward to digging in to him properly.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Lol "Larry"

well yeah
German
ease is to be expected after beating DLC bosses

on BL1-10 tho........ yeah probably harder than anything in DS1 at lv1.

For sure, though I think the only other boss I managed to beat first time in Bloodborne was the
Hemwick Sisters
. Even
Mergo's Wet Nurse
, who I found dead easy, took me two or three tries because it pulled moves I wasn't prepared for.

LogicStep

Any tips on how to play as skill build? I always play as a str build but decided to start a new character and I'm having a hard time with such shitty low dmg. I plat the game already and beat it in ng+ but this build plays differently to what I'm used to. I was using the threaded cane and then got the blade of Mercy thinking it would be really good but.. I mean it's cool and fast but the dmg is horrible. Maybe I just need to up my skill stat and upg the weapon more..

I hope to play the dlc with this character. When should I go for the dlc area?

myco666

Any tips on how to play as skill build? I always play as a str build but decided to start a new character and I'm having a hard time with such shitty low dmg. I plat the game already and beat it in ng+ but this build plays differently to what I'm used to. I was using the threaded cane and then got the blade of Mercy thinking it would be really good but.. I mean it's cool and fast but the dmg is horrible. Maybe I just need to up my skill stat and upg the weapon more..

Mash that R1. Skill build is indeed very different from Str and you should try to get as many hits in before dodging. As for weapons I hate BoM and consider it to be a bad weapon. Seems like you have it rather early now? If so then it really isn't worth it. Unless you have it at +9 or +10 and have 50 Skill you should use Cane instead.

I would suggest to enter DLC after Rom at +60BL. You could go earlier to grab few upgrade materials but I don't recommend that unless you know the area well.

edit.
Finally bit the bullet and bought the Old Hunters after mucking around being a cheapskate.

Enjoying it, new weapons are almost overwhelming in their numbers. I just keep thinking ahhh I can't fortify you all! Any advice for that? Just choose one I like and neglect the others?

I was worried I was too high a level for the area, then I reached Ludwig. Very different boss fight so far, looking forward to digging in to him properly.

You will be getting bunch of Chunks from the DLC so you can get few weapons to +9 probably but yeah just try moveset on enemies at Central Yharnam and you will get the feel if the weapon would be to your liking.

Hey guys, I was hoping that someone could help me figure out a build for going into DS3. I know you can respec eventually but I want to understand how people think about making their build, I've only played BB and for PVP making my build was pretty easy and my level was high, but now I want to aim for level 100 for Dark Soul.

Something new to me is armor weight (light, medium, heavy), if I wear heavy armor I will have a slower roll? Is there a way to negate this? What's the cut off?

LogicStep

Mash that R1. Skill build is indeed very different from Str and you should try to get as many hits in before dodging. As for weapons I hate BoM and consider it to be a bad weapon. Seems like you have it rather early now? If so then it really isn't worth it. Unless you have it at +9 or +10 and have 50 Skill you should use Cane instead.

I would suggest to enter DLC after Rom at +60BL. You could go earlier to grab few upgrade materials but I don't recommend that unless you know the area well.

edit.

You will be getting bunch of Chunks from the DLC so you can get few weapons to +9 probably but yeah just try moveset on enemies at Central Yharnam and you will get the feel if the weapon would be to your liking.
I see. Man the cane seems so useless outside of it's default mode. The long whip mode does such low dmg..

grmlin

My biggest issue with BoM is the fact that you can't buff it. It's not possible to exploit boss weaknesses with it. Against single normal enemies it's a dream. Crowd control is really bad. Only sprint r2 spin works well in that regard.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
My biggest issue with BoM is the fact that you can't buff it. It's not possible to exploit boss weaknesses with it. Against single normal enemies it's a dream. Crowd control is really bad. Only sprint r2 spin works well in that regard.

Its definitely situational, but so are the majority of weapons.

Sure, you aren't going to hit multiple opponents without the sprint R2, but the dash R1's speed and relatively low stamina consumption makes it a beaut for carving up large crowds; hitting and running between opponents like a Phantasm Sphere in a pinball machine. It's a... uh... different kind of crowd control, I guess; 'shepherding' rather than 'lion taming' (a la Pimp Cane's transformed mode).

I used it for ages and really got a lot out of it. If my main had majored Skill instead of Bloodtinge, it'd definitely have been my secondary till end game.

grmlin

Maybe I did not use it long enough to learn it properly, but I had serious problems against crowds with it.
The move set is really nice and it's a funny combo machine though.

Most of the DLC have insane abilities, going for the DLC early for weapons is a great bonus on the main game. My favorites early weapon are the Boom Hammer and the pizza cutter

You have to focus more into the R1 instead of R2, learn more about evading and counter evading, quick steps and stagger enemies, did one of them hits you? hits them back to recover your health without any danger, medium combat is your ally.

You can enter the DLC after defeating ameria and touch the skeleton head.

Hey guys, I was hoping that someone could help me figure out a build for going into DS3. I know you can respec eventually but I want to understand how people think about making their build, I've only played BB and for PVP making my build was pretty easy and my level was high, but now I want to aim for level 100 for Dark Soul.

Something new to me is armor weight (light, medium, heavy), if I wear heavy armor I will have a slower roll? Is there a way to negate this? What's the cut off?

Looks like DS3 will take the route about ignoring heavy and medium armor penalties like BB, Still medium armor is the best way to go for more mobility, tanky armor with high elemental resistances if you want to crush them fast with a heavy weapon. So far you have to concentrate on capping Vit, Endurance and your main attack stat (Str,Dex,Int or Faith).

Blue estus flak is a new mechanic which makes you refill your mana now, heavy melee players tends to upgrde faith for the defensive stats against lightning and fire and being able to cast miracles that makes them heal or grants them a magic shield for caster spells

You dont really need to buff the weapon, its passive ability is to instant stagger low and mid enemies but demands high skill to do it and dont really drain your stamina compares to other skill weapons. Before the Rakuyo the BoM were the only weapon that need high mobility to make it work

Veelk

Banned
Ludwig is DOWN

And holy fucking crap, that was the best fight this game has given me yet. It took me a whole bunch of tries, but I love going from not knowing what the fuck I am supposed to do against this monstrosity, to learning his moveset, understanding him, and then being able to get around them.

And best of all, the fight that finally ended him was neck and neck. I had all the advantages I could bring to that fight, high gemstones against beasts, fire paper, and the strongest weapon I had...and I just BARELY managed to survive him. Some people prefer becoming good enough to not even let a boss touch them, but I disagree and vastly prefer it when you are just barely able to handle a boss. Next playthrough, when I have my LHS fully leveled up, I'd like to bring it up against him. I'd have used it against him now, at level 8, but fuck that, because there's no fucking around with this dude, so I had to bring my A game regardless of thematic appropriateness.

Edit: and I just lost 120,000. Nope, still haven't stopped caring about the Echoes losses.

Edit 2: And now 300,000. Because I'm stupid.

Tarkus

I'm about 4 hours in. Someone told me to try PvP at Old Yharnam since that's what I like to do in Souls games. Tried it....wtf is this healing shit and why does everyone do it? I also think the dodge system is too erratic for PvP especially since both players are doing it. It makes dueling seem very spastic. The game is great though. Love the combat against the engine.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finally:

CRVdJId.png

No more chalice dungeons, ever! Also started the dlc. Some pretty open areas from the get-go, loving it so far. Made it to the gatling gunner and a bridge with rifle snipers and blood demons, hope there's a shortcut/lamp soon.

Looking forward to trying out some of the new weapons, and maybe finding an alternative for Ludwig's Blade.

Top Bottom