• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Just reached V
icar
A
melia
, got absolutely stomped obviously. Think I'll try again tomorrow. Not a bad day anyway, got all through Old Yarnham and unlocked the few gates in Cathedral District. We're making progress.

When you see her screaming and backing away to heal, sprint to her and just unload on her ass to negate her healing a little bit.

When you come from the Cathedral district and go right before the grand cathedral you come to a pretty weird place with a door at the end which doesn't open + you get attacked by some form of magic whirl. Is there something to do there? Or is this just some weird BB thing and can I ignore it for now?

Wow had nearly 4 hours of pvp at chalice glyph: hizzngr3
Seriously guys join if you can I think you only have to do the first 2 CD to get it . Had a few times where I had to wait for 5 min or so but I think I'm too high level at 130 anyone at 100-120 should have better luck.. Good sportsmanship :p

Will try this later tonight, currently at level 120 so hopefully I can get some matches

Wow had nearly 4 hours of pvp at chalice glyph: hizzngr3
Seriously guys join if you can I think you only have to do the first 2 CD to get it . Had a few times where I had to wait for 5 min or so but I think I'm too high level at 130 anyone at 100-120 should have better luck.. Good sportsmanship :p
Yeahp had some fun in there. No blood vial spam, everyone bows. It's great.

When you come from the Cathedral district and go right before the grand cathedral you come to a pretty weird place with a door at the end which doesn't open + you get attacked by some form of magic whirl. Is there something to do there? Or is this just some weird BB thing and can I ignore it for now?

abort. Don't go there for now. You'll need a
tonsil stone
which you probably don't have yet.

squadr0n

Weapon question, Spoilers for mid/late game I think:
How do I stop or slow down the rate at which the Chikage drains my health in its two handed form?

Gammacide

Alright, just opened the Defiled chalice. Wish me luck! Conductor is V1ctIm and Glyph is d2k3k5jj if anyone wants to help kill the Keeper of the Old Lords or whatever his name is. Much tougher in this dungeon for sure.

I finally defeated the Defiled Watch Dog boss. Level 122, Ludwigs Blade 2H +10 with 3x +18% Phys Damage gems equipped (I found these gems in the main game areas). No farming.

For runes I used Radiance rune, 10% extra HP, 4% less damage rune and another 5% less damage rune

All ashen armor set equipped.

Uploaded the video in case it might help anyone. Epic fight.

http://youtu.be/wQcbUs-Eer8

I really dislike when people use the Silencing Bell on me when i Invade them. especially when i'm about to beat them. I was on an invading spree in N
ightmare
of M
ensis
yesterday, and invaded someone with two other cooperators. I baited them to the
Old Man
Hunter that is past the spiders, and managed to kill the two cooperators. Right as i was about to fight the beckoner, he used the Silencing Bell making me not get any insight. At least i got some blood dregs out of it.

Most other times i'll get silenced as soon as i spawn. Stop doing it people. >.>

burgerdog

I really dislike when people use the Silencing Bell on me when i Invade them. especially when i'm about to beat them. I was on an invading spree in Nightmare of Mensis yesterday, and invaded someone with two other cooperators. I baited them to the Old Man Hunter that is past the spiders, and managed to kill the two cooperators. Right as i was about to fight the beckoner, he used the Silencing Bell making me not get any insight. At least i got some blood dregs out of it.

Most other times i'll get silenced as soon as i spawn. Stop doing it people. >.>

The silencing shot works on invaders? That doesn't seem right, I've never been kicked out and I invade a ton.

This afternoon I beat
Paarl, The Yharnam Shadows, Rom and made it to The One Reborn. What kind of amazingly twisted mind came up with that boss design? Crazy.

I've only had this game a few days but I'm pretty comfortable saying that it's one of the best games I've ever played and easily FROM's best game yet by miles. The gameplay, art design, monster designs and atmosphere IMO blows all of the Souls games out of the water so far.

On Demand

Banned
Which boss, OD?

Ebrietas.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
*Also level 70 here*

You son of a bitch! How the hell did you not get hit? And look at your HP! It's way lower than mines. My Vitality is 32. Are you a veteran souls player? :(

You didn't even let her get to her second form. Whatever weapon you're using ( Threaded Cane?) it's doing a large amount of damage.

Gonna try no lock on.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Did some of the Chalice Dungeons today and, damn, that Bloodletting Beast gave me some trouble.

sikkinixx

Summoned for the first time on my second attempt at Father G just to try after I inadvertently ran into Him and died.... That was anti climactic. He was dead in about 15 seconds.

edit: also, I can't seem to use the bell anymore. I wanted to help people beat the boss.

squidyj

I love blade of mercy so fucking much. It is my favorite.

giving up 40k souls before I've even killed BSB is kind of a lot though :l

Xeteh

How do I stop or slow down the rate at which the Chikage drains my health in its two handed form?

You don't. I mean, you can equip gems that regen health but they aren't really worth it.

Shit I don't mean to bother you guys too much but what's the best build aiming for the Chikage (I know, I know...too many questions lol). Should I go full BT and leave Skill at 15 (Professional origin here) or do I do an hybrid.

I can't find any concise answer of Reddit or GameFAQs. Opinions all over the place. What do you guys think?

I don't really know if there's a right answer or not but I'm playing a Bloodtinge build using the Chikage and I left Skill at the minimum I needed to equip it and leveled Bloodtinge up to 50. I do awesome damage with it transformed and untransformed the damage is obviously less but I only attack with it like that to kill weaker enemies/visceral. This lets me get more Vit and Endurance. Its working out, I absolutely destroy some bosses and the Evelyn helps with that as well. Headshots on Ebrietas with Bone Marrow Ash hit for ~1700.

Skii

Decent evening for me. Beat P
thumerian Descendant
. Assume I'll need to do Lower Pthumeru chalice next.

Also managed to beat Cleric Beast in NG+. Absolute tank. I remember laughing at someone who parried him and managed to take off 1/20 of his health. The exact same happened to me lol. Can't imagine all the bosses will be that tanky.

I've got 99 insight as well. Is that the cap? Should I spend it on bolt paper/fire paper as I'm not going to do much PVP on my main character and I'll be getting a lot of insight doing NG+ and chalices.

I'm Level 73 - only boss left before the finale is E
brietas
who I still can't get the hang of. May need to summon help, but I want to try and get her solo - that would make only S
hadows of Yharnham
and R
om
as the only ones I needed to co-op to beat.

Late game bosses:
Micolash was a fun boss, I've always wanted a boss similar to how he worked - a cat and mouse game against somebody your size as opposed to you wailing on a giant enemy. It wasn't as in-depth or complicated as I would have hoped - hopefully Bloodborne 2 or the DLC will have something more interesting in terms of the maze and what-not. Mergo's Wet Nurse was also pretty awesome, I loved her design and she wasn't too complicated - was able to beat her after only a couple of tries.

I also started using the Ludwig's Holy Blade and holy crap - I've never been a greatsword person in previous Souls games but I love Ludwig. I think Blades of Mercy/Ludwig's is going to be my running pair now. Although I kind of want to try the Reichenbach, but Bloodtinge is the only stat I haven't leveled up and may save that for a second character.

It's not worth wasting health gems on the Chikage.

They're not worth it in any case imo. The regen is so insignificant that you'd need like 5+ gems to get any use out of it. Just use a vial, don't stand in place for 5 minutes to regenerate a centimeter of your health. :p

squidyj

on my last character who was going to do all the chalice dungeons I forgot to kill ebriatas before going into NG+ (wanted to use burial blade and get the 'bad' ending)

Ailing Loran BSB is no joke. For some reason I can't seem to stagger attacks that I know I can do so in the first two phases, which drains me of resources I have to turn to then instead of having them in the last phase where they are most needed.

I'll have to revisit it down the line. Days of getting at least a dungeon done in a sitting are over it seems.

Keihart

Ebrietas.

You son of a bitch! How the hell did you not get hit? And look at your HP! It's way lower than mines. My Vitality is 32. Are you a veteran souls player? :(

You didn't even let her get to her second form. Whatever weapon you're using ( Threaded Cane?) it's doing a large amount of damage.

Gonna try no lock on.

You can be sure that was not my first try :p , but yeah , i'm playing almost full damage, all my points are in skill and some arcane for the spells. Skill it's scaling pretty poorly now but i think i'll keep going until 99, at least if not that much extra damage it keeps scaling the viceral attack...or it seems that way.
I have 2 claw marks runes in that video btw, that's like 30% extra damage on my viceral attack.

Edit: I have only beaten Demon's Souls like 2 times and like half Darksouls, maybe i'll finally play Dark after bloodborne...maybe :p

Killed R
OM
on the first try this time around. The fight is definitely a lot easier using a quicker weapon (BOM) compared to my previous character using Ludwig's.

Is private coop working more reliably now? I'd like to start tackling some chalice dungeons in 3 player coop with my friends but it never worked at launch.

Peace Tea

What level are u guys fighting Rom at (30s, 40s?)? Currently level 21,and thinking I should just go complete those 2 optional "areas" before leveling & killing Rom. His
rock strikes
currently 1hit me.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Ailing Loran BSB is no joke. For some reason I can't seem to stagger attacks that I know I can do so in the first two phases, which drains me of resources I have to turn to then instead of having them in the last phase where they are most needed.

I'll have to revisit it down the line. Days of getting at least a dungeon done in a sitting are over it seems.

Parrying BSB is always the most high-risk approach, and simply unnecessary. Just stick reasonably close and barrage his sides with flurries of fire-augmented strikes when you get chance. Its one of a few chalice bosses that are simply too hyperactive imho to try and stagger.

Peace Tea said:
What level are u guys fighting Rom at (30s, 40s?)? Currently level 21,and thinking I should just go complete those 2 optional "areas" before leveling & killing Rom. His rock strikes currently 1hit me.

Don't think I've ever faced Rom below 60-ish! And could still die easily if I got unlucky. Unless you are actively seeking to maximize the challenge factor, I'd get a bunch of levels before pressing on.

What level are u guys fighting Rom at (30s, 40s?)? Currently level 21,and thinking I should just go complete those 2 optional "areas" before leveling & killing Rom. His
rock strikes
currently 1hit me.

Lol dude I was level 50 when I faced him. Of course you are going to get one shoted

rock strikes
currently 1hit me.

I'm level 70 but i did over level a bit to join a friend in co op

Airgetlam

I finally have enough time to play this now! Just bought it on amazon and before I begin I just had one question. Compared to Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II how frequent are invasions? More, less, about the same?

BumRush

NG+, beat all optional bosses in NG. Just beat Father G and I think it's the best boss fight in the game. Fair, not a cakewalk, tests your skills early (parry timing), multiple "stages", cool level design, secret (
tiny music box)
, etc.

Kusagari

rock strikes
currently 1hit me.

Not sure how you're at Rom at level 21.

You should be at least in the 40s.

I finally have enough time to play this now! Just bought it on amazon and before I begin I just had one question. Compared to Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II how frequent are invasions? More, less, about the same?
Almost none. You can only get invaded in 2 spots of the game and when you do coop.

NG+, beat all optional bosses in NG. Just beat Father G and I think it's the best boss fight in the game. Fair, not a cakewalk, tests your skills early (parry timing), multiple "stages", cool level design, secret (
tiny music box)
, etc.

Agreed. One of the best boss fights in the whole series, for my money.

Grexeno

So, supposedly the Skeptical Man is right across from Arianna's house, but he just gave me a Tonsil Stone and won't let me invite him anywhere.

Top Bottom