• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Veelk

Banned
I finally completed Kos Jr.'s abortion.

Now there is this black thing coming out of the mother's carcass.

Um...You know what? No. No, Bloodborne. This thing isn't doing a damn thing to me. I have no reason to kill it. I'm googling what happens if I do kill it, but I'm not killing it.

Veelk

Banned
Aaaaaaaaaand the credits roll.

I'm a squid now. I guess I continue the game in Splatoon.

So Gehrman was a good fight, but easy like you guys said. Maria would have WRECKED this old man's ass. Same with Kos Jr.

The moon presence was very weak though.

Okay, now that the game is over, I can tell you I understand almost nothing that happened. I'm gonna read the paleblood moon now.

Edit: Decided to start the NG+ and see how the new game is. It's not that bad. I feel like I am a mid level character though, and that worries me a bit. I mean, getting stronger from this is gonna be pretty tough. I feel like a mid level character NOW, but things escalate pretty fast.

Though they're luckily giving me more echoes. And the fact that I have 3 Moon runes equipped means I'm raking in dat dough. Cleric beast gave me like 120,000. I don't feel the Cleric Beast was 'tougher' exactly, but he had a pretty huge healthpool. And again, he's one of the weaker bosses. I shudder to think of the Logarius battle if he has twice the health he had before.

I'm also happy to be able to walk around with Maria's set. The stats on it are pretty shit, atleast in most circumstances (I mean, how many enemies use blood attacks here? All I can think of is Maria herself and Blood Crow of Cainhurst. Is there anyone else?), but that woman had more swag than anyone else in the game. I'm happy to wear her sword and clothes.

grmlin

I somehow did the same as you, but I started multiple characters instead of one that does it all :D

What about starting a new char and specializing this one? I had a pretty great time replaying the game. It's nice to feel how good I became.

What are some good weapons to start using near the end game (including DLC)? Ludwig's Holy Blade is my main weapon right now, but I hate the way it looks. The giant sword is just so goofy. I've been messing around with the Tonitrus as well but I'm not sure how viable it actually is.

Any good suggestions?

The Tonitrus does tons of damage when you use it with an arcane char and some bolt gems in it.

But, it has very low range, a really small (and imho boring) moveset, and it's very fragile. Get used to repair it every time you visit the hunters dream.

Veelk

Banned
I somehow did the same as you, but I started multiple characters instead of one that does it all :D

What about starting a new char and specializing this one? I had a pretty great time replaying the game. It's fun to see how much better you got.

I don't really see a reason to, atleast not now. I mean, as I progressed through the game, I had to be at my very best, so even as leveled up other stats, the game made me stay at my best, not knowing what was around the corner. And I was at my best with the threaded cane and Reiterpallash, not just because of the numbers, but I knew what to do with them. So for most of the game, I stuck to them, and afterwards Rakuyo and Simon's Bowblade, for which there was naturally a slight learning curve. I liked trying out other skill weapons, but I often went back to them just because I knew them best and I needed to be at my best for whatever was next. And also, there was a nerrative component in my head. I liked seeing my skill grow with the weapons, and I wanted the Bowblade and Rakuyo for more than there power, but because of their legacy. The role playing part of the game, you see.

Now I'm free to experiment. There aren't any more surprises, but since the areas have been buffed, I have JUST the right amount of challenge to keep things engaging while letting me go nuts with weapons I haven't had the chance to use before. Alls that's left really is getting the blood chunks to level up the rest of what I have, but I'm still able to mess around using Burial Blade and LHS and the Kirk Hammer and Chikage and so on. I'm swimming in options and running around like a mad man changing between them. I can do anything and I love it.

If it helps, I'm probably going to specialize if/when I play Dark Souls. Any of them, since I hear DS has way more options for classes, so my omniclass build is probably less practical to realize there, and I have a very specific vision for the next character I create anyway.

mewmew42

Any chance anyone can help with chalice

BL39

Simon bowblade +7

PSN ID: DeducibleTiger

Central pthumerian labyrinth

Depth 2

Still at chamber of seal

Chalice glyph: 3itx

Thank you

KLoWn

You can kill him bear handed but once you die and go to the hunters dream I thought it let you pick your starting weapon. Is one in your inventory?
Yes I had 'em in their, I just fucked up it seems.
:lol
Yeah, you're supposed to equip the weapon after getting to the hunter's dream. But props to you for beating it with just your fists!
Well I kinda feel like an idiot now, but I can't really blame anyone but myself lol.

Thanks for the answers.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yes I had 'em in their, I just fucked up it seems.

Well I kinda feel like an idiot now, but I can't really blame anyone but myself lol.

Thanks for the answers.

Did you capture that fight by any chance? So awesome you managed to beat him barehanded. This is like training with weighted clothes in DBZ, now you should breeze through the game :p

KLoWn

Did you capture that fight by any chance? So awesome you managed to beat him barehanded. This is like training with weighted clothes in DBZ, now you should breeze through the game :p
No sorry.
I'm mainly a PC gamer, and just bought a PS4 2 days ago, so I am absolutely clueless about the functions when it comes to consoles. I didn't even know it could record stuff lol.

And thanks =)

Veelk

Banned
Father Gascoigne down in one. Hm, maybe I am a bit overpowered after all. But I also played WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than I did starting out. Not just in terms of reflexes, but also just intelligent playing. Getting tripped up on the gravestones fucked me over so many times the first go around. This time, I saw that stair case there, ran up it, and fighting on even ground gave me such a leverage over the old man.

Hm. If I'm this effective over my first huge wall, in the game, then maybe I'll take down Amelia with one of my weaker weapons, since Rakuyo is just flat out wrecking everything.

Soulhouf

Father Gascoigne down in one. Hm, maybe I am a bit overpowered after all. But I also played WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than I did starting out. Not just in terms of reflexes, but also just intelligent playing. Getting tripped up on the gravestones fucked me over so many times the first go around. This time, I saw that stair case there, ran up it, and fighting on even ground gave me such a leverage over the old man.

Hm. If I'm this effective over my first huge wall, in the game, then maybe I'll take down Amelia with one of my weaker weapons, since Rakuyo is just flat out wrecking everything.

GG!
Now you can see why making new characters is so good in this game. You don't really loose anything, on the contrary. You gained enough knowledge and skill that you'll be amazed how better you perform in the game with a new character now.
That's one thing this game does extremely well. It's an amazing feeling.

Yo!

I Just bought and played through the beginning of Bloodborne, and it really kicked my ass.
I was stuck fighting that Lycan asshole for probably over an hour (yeah I know, I suck), but I finally beat him and my heart was just racing like crazy. It's been a while since that happened while playing a game.

Anyways, a question... After my first death I was transported to that garden place (can't remember the name) and I found some weapons that I was unable to equip, but after killing the Lycan I realized that I might have tried to equip 'em from the wrong inventory menu...

So... Did I just waste a whole lot of time by killing the Lycan barehanded, or was that supposed to happen and weapons aren't equippable until after said fight?

There are people that beat the werewolf bare-handed, but it's supposed to be a challenge for the very seasoned. To be able to go from never having played the game to beating him like that in an hour is actually extremelly impressive, congratulations! The rest of the game should feel easier, I think.

To record stuff, just press the Share button (the one opposite the Options one you use to bring up the menu). This leads you to the share screen, where you can record the last 15 minutes of footage to HD, take a screenshot, or share any of both. Typically whenever something cool just happened I save the footage and just keep playing, then whenever I feel like it, I go to the recorded files from the console menu, trim the beginning and end of each video, and upload the ones I want to Youtube.

Veelk

Banned
GG!
Now you can see why making new characters is so good in this game. You don't really loose anything, on the contrary. You gained enough knowledge and skill that you'll be amazed how better you perform in the game with a new character now.
That's one thing this game does extremely well. It's an amazing feeling.

Except...you know. Your weapons. I can't knowledge or skill myself to having Burial Blade at the start of a new game. I like you're persistence in trying to persuade me though. I can appreciate that kind of stubbornness, as Jaded will tell you.

But I know what you mean. It makes me feel like I'm playing Ninja Gaiden the second time ever again. It was the first game that kicked my ass up and down the hall, only for me to come back with a vengeance. It's good, satisfying stuff.

Soulhouf

Except...you know. Your weapons. I can't knowledge or skill myself to having Burial Blade at the start of a new game. I like you're persistence in trying to persuade me though. I can appreciate that kind of stubbornness, as Jaded will tell you.

But I know what you mean. It makes me feel like I'm playing Ninja Gaiden the second time ever again. It was the first game that kicked my ass up and down the hall, only for me to come back with a vengeance. It's good, satisfying stuff.

Yeah, I agree for a weapon like Burial Blade but it's one of the few exceptions. I have an arcane character on NG+8 or so. I do that kind of multi runs but less in BB than in the Souls games because there are less reasons to do it here.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, I agree for a weapon like Burial Blade but it's one of the few exceptions. I have an arcane character on NG+8 or so. I do that kind of multi runs but less in BB than in the Souls games because there are less reasons to do it here.

For me, it's all the weapons. I don't want to have to travel all the way to Cainhurst to get the Chikage, replay the DLC to get Rakuyo, etc. Sure I can get them, several hours into the game, but I want them immediately. No reason for why I should ahve to go collecting them again.

Besides, and I've been meaning to ask this anyway, with the ever increasing healthpool and damage output of new game +'s, and with you having hit a wall when you get to a certain stat one way or another, don't you get situated back again into starting off with a functionally low level character due to all the enemies scaling up?

Dahbomb

The game doesn't scale that much per NG+. That is to say the beginning of NG+ is around the same as the end of NG+ unlike with NG where there was a huge difference in beginning and end of the game. The only exception is the DLC, that is a big scale up.

Right now you are over powered for NG+ at level 170. It's designed for 120 level characters. You will remain over powered until you get to NG++. And it will continue scaling up until NG+7.

Soulhouf

For me, it's all the weapons. I don't want to have to travel all the way to Cainhurst to get the Chikage, replay the DLC to get Rakuyo, etc. Sure I can get them, several hours into the game, but I want them immediately. No reason for why I should ahve to go collecting them again.

Besides, and I've been meaning to ask this anyway, with the ever increasing healthpool and damage output of new game +'s, and with you having hit a wall when you get to a certain stat one way or another, don't you get situated back again into starting off with a functionally low level character due to all the enemies scaling up?

The biggest increase in difficulty is between NG and NG+. NG+2 gets smaller buff and so on until NG+7 where it stops increasing I believe.
Once you get your vitality and main stat at 50, you're pretty much ready for NG+7. That's how it works.

Regarding your remark on the weapons, why would you want to go to Cainhurst ASAP when your build isn't a bloodtinge?
The best way to level up in these games from my experience:As long as you didn't upgrade your weapon past halfway the max, don't put any point in your attack stat and go full vitality instead. Taking that into account, even if the weapon you need is past halfway the game, no big deal. The Chikage for example, when you do a bloodtinge build, put all the points into vitality. When you reach Cainhurst, you already have like 40 vita which is great. From that point you can start increasing your BT. And that applies to all kind of builds. Vitality is always the first stat to go. It took me a long time to realize that but that how I do it in the Souls games since Dark Souls.

Veelk

Banned
The game doesn't scale that much per NG+. That is to say the beginning of NG+ is around the same as the end of NG+ unlike with NG where there was a huge difference in beginning and end of the game. The only exception is the DLC, that is a big scale up.

Right now you are over powered for NG+ at level 170. It's designed for 120 level characters. You will remain over powered until you get to NG++. And it will continue scaling up until NG+7.

I guess I just don't see how I'm overpowered when I haven't put my points to my most most important Stats. I mean, with the exception of Def, I'm as powerful when using a skill weapon as I was the first time I hit 50, because I've put no further points into the Stat that would raise general combat. How does having strength leveled help me if I'm not using a weapon that scales with it at all? How can the level give me an edge when my stats are all spread out? I even have my Vit as relatively low (25), so I wouldn't think the Def would be too exceptional.

Regarding your remark on the weapons, why would you want to go to Cainhurst ASAP when your build isn't a bloodtinge?
The best way to level up in these games from my experience:As long as you didn't upgrade your weapon past halfway the max, don't put any point in your attack stat and go full vitality instead. Taking that into account, even if the weapon you need is past halfway the game, no big deal. The Chikage for example, when you do a bloodtinge build, put all the points into vitality. When you reach Cainhurst, you already have like 40 vita which is great. From that point you can start increasing your BT. And that applies to all kind of builds. Vitality is always the first stat to go. It took me a long time to realize that but that how I do it in the Souls games since Dark Souls.

So I have to spend however much time is necessary essentially grinding (vitality and endurance) playing with weapons I'm not interested in before I get to Cainhurst at which point I have to grind to level up my BT.

Why is this better than playing NG+, where I have both Chikage and my BT stat ready and able out of the gate?

I'm nearly at 50 STR with my current build. After that, leveling up vitality would be easier than Arcane I suppose, and lets say I only have the patience to level one of those up, with the Blood Echoes being way too large to realistically gather Arcane up to 50 afterwards.

As I can see it, that is my one and only incentive start a new build, and I'm not all that excited about an Arcane build myself, Amygdala arm and Holy Moonlight Sword aside.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Some people are saying a Bloodtinge build is fun, any recommendations for a course of action there? My character was very melee focused and I never put a single point in tinge. Thinking about starting a new character with that focus.

Soulhouf

So I have to spend however much time is necessary essentially grinding (vitality and endurance) playing with weapons I'm not interested in before I get to Cainhurst at which point I have to grind to level up my BT.

Why is this better than playing NG+, where I have both Chikage and my BT stat ready and able out of the gate?

I'm nearly at 50 STR with my current build. After that, leveling up vitality would be easier than Arcane I suppose, and lets say I only have the patience to level one of those up, with the Blood Echoes being way too large to realistically gather Arcane up to 50 afterwards.

As I can see it, that is my one and only incentive start a new build, and I'm not all that excited about an Arcane build myself, Amygdala arm and Holy Moonlight Sword aside.

Grinding? Why grinding? I was saying that it's better to put your point in vitality first since that stat is a must have for any build (I always increase it at least to 40 before any other stat).
As I always said, Saw Cleaver is always an awesome weapon for the first half of the game. You can safely upgrade it to +6 and wreck shit with it without the need to increase any stat (which is more than enough until you get the weapon you seek). Even for a build like BT you can keep that as your secondary weapon (to use it with fire for example) after you acquire the Chikage.

I didn't say you mustn't play NG+. I always do. I even went to NG+8 and beyond NG+20 in Dark Souls (but that's another story).
I'm just saying that creating new characters is fun. It's not a waste of time like you seem to think. It gives you a new look at the game every time you do it and discover new ways and tricks to play with. You use your previous acquired skill and knowledge to breeze through the game and have a lot of fun.
Not to mention you can roleplay a different character itself. I always try to create characters inspired by famous persons, heroes or from folklore. If not for that TBH I wouldn't still come back to this game.

Some people are saying a Bloodtinge build is fun, any recommendations for a course of action there? My character was very melee focused and I never put a single point in tinge. Thinking about starting a new character with that focus.

Your goal is to reach Cainhurst ASAP to get Chikage and Evelyn. Meanwhile like I said before, upgrade the Saw Cleaver and focus on increasing you vitality (and stamina).
You can ask Raptor who followed my advice and had a blast. If you have trouble against Logarious, don't hesitate to ask for help.

Dahbomb

I guess I just don't see how I'm overpowered when I haven't put my points to my most most important Stats. I mean, with the exception of Def, I'm as powerful when using a skill weapon as I was the first time I hit 50, because I've put no further points into the Stat that would raise general combat. How does having strength leveled help me if I'm not using a weapon that scales with it at all? How can the level give me an edge when my stats are all spread out? I even have my Vit as relatively low (25), so I wouldn't think the Def would be too exceptional
Having max Vit helps a lot same for max stamina.

But the main difference maker is quality of runes and quality of gems. The level is just an indicator of progress but if you haven't done high level Chalices or found the top tier runes you will be less effective than someone far below your level.

bestfieldscup

Neo Member
Hi guys, new to bloodborne and to souls games in general so I have a few questions:

1) What should I really level up first, I enjoy fast paced action so I am assuming skill over strength, but for now should I focus on hp?

2) When do I get new weapons? I am level 22 and have just finished arrived at the cathedral. Preferably fast weapons - everything in store so far seems to be slow or not very good.

3) Should I be leveling up my current weapon? It's still the starter weapon, and I think I have it at +3 now, but I am wondering if it's a waste if I get a newer weapon soon.

Thanks!

Veelk

Banned
Grinding? Why grinding? I was saying that it's better to put your point in vitality first since that stat is a must have for any build (I always increase it at least to 40 before any other stat).
As I always said, Saw Cleaver is always an awesome weapon for the first half of the game. You can safely upgrade it to +6 and wreck shit with it without the need to increase any stat (which is more than enough until you get the weapon you seek). Even for a build like BT you can keep that as your secondary weapon (to use it with fire for example) after you acquire the Chikage.

I didn't say you mustn't play NG+. I always do. I even went to NG+8 and beyond NG+20 in Dark Souls (but that's another story).
I'm just saying that creating new characters is fun. It's not a waste of time like you seem to think. It gives you a new look at the game every time you do it and discover new ways and tricks to play with. You use your previous acquired skill and knowledge to breeze through the game and have a lot of fun.
Not to mention you can roleplay a different character itself. I always try to create characters inspired by famous persons, heroes or from folklore. If not for that TBH I wouldn't still come back to this game.

You are retreading enemies in order to get echoes to upgrade a stat. It's not farming, but if you have a specific goal for a character, you're just grinding away at the path to getting to that goal, making it a grind.

Your point about using previously acquired skill and knowledge is as true with NG+ as it is with an NG. If you're concerned about weapon strength, then I can just buy a new version of any given weapon and suddenly enemies take way longer to go down, so it is in effect the same thing as a New game, except I can choose to flex my acquired weapons whenever I want. So, as I see it, other than making a new character, I can do almost anything I can do in a NG.

As for new characters, you're right about that, and I've mentioned doing the same...but with a new game coming out, that will be a far more novel experience than roleplaying a whole different character whose personality I construct will not be reflected in the world around me. I mean, I like doing it, but it does bug me that the storytelling I make is so minimally integrated within the world. I could almost as well just reconstruct the BB narrative in my head with the new character reacting to the different points of the game without actually having to play it. So doing this with an actual new game would be more compelling.

I don't think I ever claimed it was a waste of time for anyone except myself, because I don't see the point. If you find pleasure in doing it, by all means, go nuts. But your argument continuously falls back on things I can do that supposedly minimalize the complaints I put forth. Sure, I can spend 3 hours with the Saw Cleaver (which I don't like and think it looks dumb) just so I can end up Cainhurst while I level up along the way, but I've yet to hear a particularly compelling reason of why I would want to when I have 50 in BT right now Chikage in my hand.

From what you're describing, it sounds like you derive pleasure from the act of progressing to acquire the item as well as the use of the item itself. I did the first time as well, but that was due to a sense of discovery. If I'm just going through the motions, then that pleasure of the act of acquiring is significantly diminished for me, while the more I use most weapons, the more I take pleasure from using them. So maybe it's just that we're built differently as gamers.

LogicStep

Lvl 122
50 vit
35 end
50 str
18 skill
9 blood
10 arcane

I don't PvP and instead of messing with a new character I was thinking on just dumping echoes to raise the skill on this guy so I can use any str or skill weapon. Feasible? I don't PvP so being too high lvl doesn't matter to me. Or should I get more vit? This guy is on ng++ and I feel like just using him to play the dlc. And he has a +9 burial blade so that's why I kinda want to do this.

neoism

I usually end up at lvl70 without losing almost any echoes and killing everything and getting all the blood dews. I buy lot of Vials and QS bullets though but I really doubt they would amount to me getting over lvl100.

20 more levels? Looks more like 10 levels needed. Unless you are thinking about getting Endurance at 50 which is completely useless.

yeah i know but i just want all stats at 50.. Kappa

It's pretty fucked up that I keep getting invaded by very experienced and well equipped players even though I'm freakin' level 34. One even had the decency to send me a message afterwards saying "git gud". Invasions in Souls games were much more tolerable for some reason. Whatever.

Soulhouf

It's pretty fucked up that I keep getting invaded by very experienced and well equipped players even though I'm freakin' level 34. One even had the decency to send me a message afterwards saying "git gud". Invasions in Souls games were much more tolerable for some reason. Whatever.

Outside the Nightmares you'll never get invaded unless you ring your bell to summon phantoms.

I just want to thank everyone here for all the help with this game. I finished the main game tonight and will put it down for a little while and then move on to complete the rest of the DLC and take on the chalice dungeons.

I've had such a wonderful time with this game. I played some of it alone and some of it with a friend of mine. I've played some PVP against some great people and I've joined games to help people through areas where they needed help.

This game is wonderful and has been a great experience. I really hope this game gets a proper sequel. Thank you all again. I will probably be asking more questions when I get to the DLC and I'm sure I'll see most of you around once Dark Souls 3 hits.

grmlin

The first time I went into the nightmare of mensis was with my arcane char. I wrecked those silver beasts with my fire cleaver.

Yesterday my skill char with Reiterpallasch faced those same silver beasts, and wtf, snakes crawled out of their dead bodies.
Went to the hunters dream and got my saw spear to +6 with a fire gem. No more snakes.

I love this game!

I finally fucking did it. Now onto the DLC

12795245_10208849495377193_1502058362850615739_o.jpg

Hi guys, new to bloodborne and to souls games in general so I have a few questions:

1) What should I really level up first, I enjoy fast paced action so I am assuming skill over strength, but for now should I focus on hp?

2) When do I get new weapons? I am level 22 and have just finished arrived at the cathedral. Preferably fast weapons - everything in store so far seems to be slow or not very good.

3) Should I be leveling up my current weapon? It's still the starter weapon, and I think I have it at +3 now, but I am wondering if it's a waste if I get a newer weapon soon.

Thanks!
1) points in hp is never wasted. After that points in the stats relating to your weapon and endurances.

2) you will unlock a side door on cathedral ward after finishing old yharnam. Following the elevator and path up will lead you to a new weapon, Ludwig's holy sword. And also there is the rifle spear in old yharnam.

3) level up whatever weapon you like. There is no bad weapon really and every weapon can last you to the end of the game as long as you level it up. But yeah you will get a lot of shards and twin shards in the game. There is a limit on chucks and 2 rocks, without buying, in the game.
Love this fan art

also this

I need more still like a hunter need his blood vials.
i always take a look thro bloodborne and dark souls art once a month.

Wimps

I finally fucking did it. Now onto the DLC]

Congrats!

First post in this thread but been lurking and playing for a few months now. Gotta say this game has gripped me. Played Dark Souls but never got the courage to finish it. Luckily I didn't chicken out for Bloodborne. Right now I struck a wall against
Abhorrent Beast
he's going to 25% almost each try. Shouldn't take long.

Getting the feeling my VIT is seriously low though. Level 85 with 27 VIT. Bosses almost one shot me lol but my DPS is outrageous. What's the right level for VIT? 30-40ish?

Melchiah

A while back someone thought that lvl 255 was the max level in Bloodborne. I can now confirm that that is NOT the case :)

Large image:
http://i.imgur.com/1z4Gb15.jpg

That's a pretty long way to go. =) How come your weapons aren't higher though?

Here's a bit old screenshot of my stats...
...and both Cane and Ludwig are higher than yours. I guess you don't have +21% physical attack gems, or better, from the chalices?

Love this fan art

Here's more fan art:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195903347&postcount=38

Minamu

That's a pretty long way to go. =) How come your weapons aren't higher though?

Here's a bit old screenshot of my stats...

...and both Cane and Ludwig are higher than yours. I guess you don't have +21% physical attack gems, or better, from the chalices?
Thanks :) Ah no, I only have gems from the main game I think, I haven't done any gem farming, I only ran through them all once for the bosses. Didn't have mich luck I guess :) Of course, the weapons on me right now are the Whirligig Saw+10 and the DLC Katana+10. Otherwise I'm into the knives and scythe, both at +10.

If you know where to find the good gems, I'd be more than interested in getting some ^^ I seem to do alright in pvp still, I'm surprised to still find plenty of targets. Though, I die a lot xD

Melchiah

Thanks :) Ah no, I only have gems from the main game I think, I haven't done any gem farming, I only ran through them all once for the bosses. Didn't have mich luck I guess :) Of course, the weapons on me right now are the Whirligig Saw+10 and the DLC Katana+10. Otherwise I'm into the knives and scythe, both at +10.

If you know where to find the good gems, I'd be more than interested in getting some ^^ I seem to do alright in pvp still, I'm surprised to still find plenty of targets. Though, I die a lot xD

I've been mostly using the Cane for all three playthroughs, chalices, and the DLC. Only used few other weapons against some bosses, like Rom, Ebrietas, Abhorrent Beast and DLC's final boss. It's just so satisfying to swing the pimp Cane. =)

Here's a guide sheet for the chalices. I don't remember where I found the +21% non-cursed gems. You can find up to +27.2% cursed gems as well. I haven't really searched particular gems from the chalices myself either, only the Ring of Betrothal, Clawmark +30% rune, and the two Cane variants.

krioto

Just entered the defile chalice, and keeper of the old lords downed in one go.

Had one try at the fire dog, and got him to 1/4 health left before he one-shotted me.

I'm starting to think I can get the platinum on this.

Top Bottom