• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Where or how do i do this? I know thats a Glyph but where do I search it?

Do you have either of these chalices?
- Pthumeru Ihyll Root
- Lower Loran Root
- Great Isz Root

If you don't, get them (it will be a long journey though having you clear one chalice dungeon after another.

Once you get these, create a root dungeon by choosing any of the 3 root chalices above, with the Fetid, Rotting,and Cursed modifier.

After this, you're free to search that glyph. For each chalice, you can only search for glyphs with XYZ modifiers only if you've created that chalice with said XYZ modifiers yorself. Hence the step above in creating a Fetid/Rotting/Cursed Ihyll/Loran/Isz

Just beat the Cleric boss. The bridge is a dead end. Did I just beat an optional boss?! lol. Also, where to go now?
The only other ways I found is the elevator with a non operational switch and a path to the sewers at the end of the bridge, right, and left behind a few boxes and ladders.

Raptor

Do you have either of these chalices?
- Pthumeru Ihyll Root
- Lower Loran Root
- Great Isz Root

If you don't, get them (it will be a long journey though having you clear one chalice dungeon after another.

Once you get these, create a root dungeon by choosing any of the 3 root chalices above, with the Fetid, Rotting,and Cursed modifier.

After this, you're free to search that glyph. For each chalice, you can only search for glyphs with XYZ modifiers only if you've created that chalice with said XYZ modifiers yorself. Hence the step above in creating a Fetid/Rotting/Cursed Ihyll/Loran/Isz
Noted, thanks.

The US got it too even though Shu said it was going to be Europe only. I got it December 21 after I platinumed the game at the beginning of December. Funny because I sure I wasn't going to get it because the terms for the theme said it was for a limited time and that you had to get the platinum by November 20 I do believe. IT is a pretty crappy theme but that email still makes you feel good.

CVRjTxCUAAEFdha.jpg:large

IAIvsvn.jpg

Still havent got mine =(

neoism

What? Underleveled? 80-90 is pretty basic for the endgame. You will have 30Vit/25End/50(any damage stat) at that point and it is more than enough for endgame.

well to me it is I guess.. but its really subjective...seeing how you can beat the game without leveling at all... it would be cool to see just how many echoes is in a single ng game without dying once and using them to get to the max level... i started grinding once i got to the scholars.... before i beat the game i was lvl 200 or soo cant remember lol... but only got about 50+ levels in my second playthrough...

Plus im werid as fuck with leveling I'd never stop on an even number stat and i never leveled a stat unless it could end in a 0 or a 5.. Kappa
not sure what it is werid i know.. ☺️
right now my stats are
20 mo levels for the goat... but at 400k+ per level...😓

neoism

The US got it too even though Shu said it was going to be Europe only. I got it December 21 after I platinumed the game at the beginning of December. Funny because I sure I wasn't going to get it because the terms for the theme said it was for a limited time and that you had to get the platinum by November 20 I do believe. IT is a pretty crappy theme but that email still makes you feel good.

CVRjTxCUAAEFdha.jpg:large

IAIvsvn.jpg

�� i platinumed it on Dec 5th but didnt get it.... I still wish they would put the best theme on the store though the one that comes with the limited edition guide, thankfully the dark souls 3 theme is really awesome so...

Took a break from the game and came back with a low level character. I've got him on level 30 and oh my fucking god: defiled Amygdala. What the hell is wrong with fromsoft putting this asshole in the defiled chalice? Got the witch and the watchdog on my first try, but I have no words for Amygdala. Been trying to kill it this week with no luck.
The first phase is no problem, but when it takes off its arms it all goes to hell. Whether I retreat or stand absolutely still, the fucker always manages to land on me. Standing on its back on the last phase is supposed to be easier because it no longer flails its arms backwards, but the problem is that it rotates ridiculously fast to face you and putting you in a tough spot.

I'll upload a video later just to showcase the absolute BS this asshole boss pulls when it jumps, particularly when I'm standing still for about 2 seconds, continue to do nothing, Amygdala jumps and WHAM, squashes my character with its feet.
This is a skill character, so now I understand people who are forever stuck on this boss for having no reliable projectiles.

eta: someone let me know if you want to coop this boss.

myco666

well to me it is I guess.. but its really subjective...seeing how you can beat the game without leveling at all... it would be cool to see just how many echoes is in a single ng game without dying once and using them to get to the max level... i started grinding once i got to the scholars.... before i beat the game i was lvl 200 or soo cant remember lol... but only got about 50+ levels in my second playthrough...

Plus im werid as fuck with leveling I'd never stop on an even number stat and i never leveled a stat unless it could end in a 0 or a 5.. Kappa
not sure what it is werid i know.. ☺️
right now my stats are
20 mo levels for the goat... but at 400k+ per level...😓

I usually end up at lvl70 without losing almost any echoes and killing everything and getting all the blood dews. I buy lot of Vials and QS bullets though but I really doubt they would amount to me getting over lvl100.

20 more levels? Looks more like 10 levels needed. Unless you are thinking about getting Endurance at 50 which is completely useless.

grmlin

Yesterday I went to Cainhurst Castle with my skill char.

First: those fucking spider things in the courtyard! One of the few normal enemies in the game where I have no idea on how to defeat them properly.

Anyway, I got the Reiterpallasch and woah, I have a blast playing with it. I debated with myself if I should get this or my cane to +9, but for the moment I'm happy with it. (I'm not at +9 yet, of course)

It feels like I'm the friggin master of swordfight, I love it.

And then, something magical happened: I killed Logarius in the first try. I had so many problems killing him in the past, amazing feeling.

This game constantly climbs up my list of best games of all time. I love it and can't stop playing it.

Veelk

Banned
Yesterday I went to Cainhurst Castle with my skill char.

First: those fucking spider things in the courtyard! One of the few normal enemies in the game where I have no idea on how to defeat them properly.

Anyway, I got the Reiterpallasch and woah, I have a blast playing with it. I debated with myself if I should get this or my cane to +9, but for the moment I'm happy with it. (I'm not at +9 yet, of course)

It feels like I'm the friggin master of swordfight, I love it.

I love it too. Especially how it turns into a gun. You can go from dualist with a gun to a dual gunwielder. That I have now adopted Rakuyo and the Bowblade into my arsenal doesn't mean I'm going to stop using it.

How From made the inexcusible blunder of not allowing you to fire your two guns at once or not even in quick succession, I will never know.

Is it worth to practice (basically die a lot) the art of parrying with the gun in Bloodborne if I was never good at parrying it in Souls games to begin with? Is it easier/more difficult to master and how is the pay off?

grmlin

Is it worth to practice (basically die a lot) the art of parrying with the gun in Bloodborne if I was never good at parrying it in Souls games to begin with? Is it easier/more difficult to master and how is the pay off?

absolutely! It's a core mechanic and some bosses/enemies are way harder if you don't know how to parry.

If you are in Central Yarnham and opened the shortcut to the left you can practice with the two big dudes and the guys in the dark house. They don't hit too hard if you progress in the game and give blood vials as a bonus most of the time, too.
Every enemy has a different parry-window of course, and some can't be parried at all. But to get the basic idea it helps a lot.

myco666

Very much worth it since VA has very high damage and makes some bosses very easy. Also parrying in Bloodborne is much safer than in Souls due to it being projectile based. You can shoot from a safe distance so that if you miss the timing you won't get hit.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, moving onto Souls based Parrying will be weird for me. One of my friends, whose usually a nut for these kinds of games, said he couldn't get into the souls games because the defensive mechanics made them too slow for him, and Bloodborne was the entry point to the series for him specifically because it dropped it in favor of dodge and HP recovery mechanics.

Then again, I heard that DS3 takes the aggressive enemies of BB, so we'll see I guess.

absolutely! It's a core mechanic and some bosses/enemies are way harder if you don't know how to parry.

If you are in Central Yarnham and opened the shortcut to the left you can practice with the two big dudes and the guys in the dark house. They don't hit too hard if you progress in the game and give blood vials as a bonus most of the time, too.
Every enemy has a different parry-window of course, and some can't be parried at all. But to get the basic idea it helps a lot.

Very much worth it since VA has very high damage and makes some bosses very easy. Also parrying in Bloodborne is much safer than in Souls due to it being projectile based. You can shoot from a safe distance so that if you miss the timing you won't get hit.

That's great. Very convincing. Will try my luck on those giants before the elevator. The lady in the wheelchair in the dark house seems to always drop bullets anyway.

Raptor

Im screaming at bosses with the L2 scream lol, feels very great, Im a beast cleansing the streets!!

the "Forward R2" attack is something else lol, I think this is the most fun I had in this game yet, this build is insane!

Took a break from the game and came back with a low level character. I've got him on level 30 and oh my fucking god: defiled Amygdala. What the hell is wrong with fromsoft putting this asshole in the defiled chalice? Got the witch and the watchdog on my first try, but I have no words for Amygdala. Been trying to kill it this week with no luck.
The first phase is no problem, but when it takes off its arms it all goes to hell. Whether I retreat or stand absolutely still, the fucker always manages to land on me. Standing on its back on the last phase is supposed to be easier because it no longer flails its arms backwards, but the problem is that it rotates ridiculously fast to face you and putting you in a tough spot.

I'll upload a video later just to showcase the absolute BS this asshole boss pulls when it jumps, particularly when I'm standing still for about 2 seconds, continue to do nothing, Amygdala jumps and WHAM, squashes my character with its feet.
This is a skill character, so now I understand people who are forever stuck on this boss for having no reliable projectiles.

Just fought him the other day and was having the same problem. What ended up working for me was to strafe left before the arm slam and then dodge left right before the attack lands. Then go after his arm or leg. And when he slams his arms multiple times, keep dodging left a few times.
Never got the stupid theme and platinum'd ages ago.
Yeah me neither.

silva1991

Jesus fuck I was fighting logarius and I was so close to beating him until his blade went throw the floor and I couldn't break the flaying blades spell.

fucking annoying.

taybul

I trivialized this fight by staying at medium range and dodging the swipes and running in to attack only when her head is vulnerable. I think the fight becomes much harder if you try to stay too close. As for the jumps I stopped moving after a second (not immediately) when she jumps and it always missed me. During the second phase when she rears to do her magic arm slam, or whatever it is, I start running towards her and dodge forward right before it hits the ground. Puts me in position to attack and avoids the slam completely.

Caja 117

So, I think that for me is next the Hidden Village, I already did Cainhurst and Nightmare frontier, fought against Eileen in the Grand Cathedral, My Max stat is Strength sitting at 28 and I will like to get it to 30 to be able to use the canon, I'm at level 74 I believe, and Have the LHB and HUnter Ax at +7, I might farm souls to buy a couple of Items from the store, like Chikage and an armor set that was just made available.

What place are the best to get some quick echoes?

silva1991

I wonder if a Defiled Ebrietas would be worse than Defiled Amygdala.

Well.......... we know her charge attack hitboxes will one shot you unless you know to dodge it unlike me :(

What place are the best to get some quick echoes?

First floor lecture building where there are millions of those slimy students in one room.

easy money and even better if you equip bonus echoes runes(moon rune me think?)

make sure to have alot of hunter's mark for a quick level reset.

Witch of Hemwick, Shadow of Yharnam, Rom, The One Reborn, and Darkbeast Paarl all fell this week.

Up to lvl 72 (30VIT/25END/38STR/15SK), but the poison fields with the tentacle slugs and giant chucking rocks in Nightmare Frontier is proving to be the most challenging non-boss area I've had in a while.

Witch of Hemwick, Shadow of Yharnam, Rom, The One Reborn, and Darkbeast Paarl all fell this week.

Up to lvl 72 (30VIT/25END/38STR/15SK), but the poison fields with the tentacle slugs and giant chucking rocks in Nightmare Frontier is proving to be the most challenging non-boss area I've had in a while.
Those are the easy bosses...wait till the dlc for hardest non boss area.

Melchiah

�� i platinumed it on Dec 5th but didnt get it.... I still wish they would put the best theme on the store though the one that comes with the limited edition guide, thankfully the dark souls 3 theme is really awesome so...

The best BB theme is already in the store, namely the Hunter's Dream. I've got all the themes, and I like that one the most due to the music and the variable background images. I just wish I could change the icon tone.

What are some good weapons to start using near the end game (including DLC)? Ludwig's Holy Blade is my main weapon right now, but I hate the way it looks. The giant sword is just so goofy. I've been messing around with the Tonitrus as well but I'm not sure how viable it actually is.

Any good suggestions?

Later in the Twitter conversation, he seems to admit that he was joking.

Veelk

Banned
Evil Electro Chewy is down. I used an AI buddy to help me out with him, but I had come close to killing him a few times, so I didn't feel like I couldn't do it, I just didn't want to waste the energy when I'm close to finishing the rest of the game.

Evil Electro Chewy is down. I used an AI buddy to help me out with him, but I had come close to killing him a few times, so I didn't feel like I couldn't do it, I just didn't want to waste the energy when I'm close to finishing the rest of the game.
Ailing Loran or Lower Loran?

Soulhouf

What are some good weapons to start using near the end game (including DLC)? Ludwig's Holy Blade is my main weapon right now, but I hate the way it looks. The giant sword is just so goofy. I've been messing around with the Tonitrus as well but I'm not sure how viable it actually is.

Any good suggestions?

I hate the LHB too. At first I thought because it was one of the few traditional weapons without any creativity compared to the rest , but actually it because I don't like its look and feel. It didn't work for me.
And this comes from someone who loves the Claymore in Demon's/Dark Souls (closest weapon moveset wise).

As for which weapon to use, it depends on your build and the moveset you prefer. Unlike in the Souls games, here any weapon is good to tackle any challenge the game throws at you.

Veelk

Banned
Ailing Loran or Lower Loran?

Ailing, I think.

Just beat Larry. The actual room is what killed me twice in his fight. If both of us were up against a wall, then the camera would just zoom in. I'd have no idea what he was doing, meaning I died rather badly. And I still don't like how long it took to actually get to him. It's so annoying, because he can fuck you in the ass if you're not careful. Which he did to me. He fucked me in the ass a few times.

But the ending of the fight was pretty great. Because he lost his feet (how did that happen? Why?), it meant he and I were pretty much face to face, and I was pretty much just channeling Walter Kochek at him.

And those were the last words he heard

Any good suggestions?

It depends, the LHB is a weapon which scales with Str and Skill, so you better aim with the hight stat you have,
Str you can focus on Hunter Cleaverm Logarius Wheel, Kirkhammer or Pizza cutter which are super effective against beasts
Skill you can focus on Rakuyo, Hunter Spear or Blades of Mercy

Tonitrus is a Arcane weapon and is effective against Kin asnd arcane based bosses which are few and you aim for the Boom Hammer or Moonlight sword for arcane build

It depends, the LHB is a weapon which scales with Str and Skill, so you better aim with the hight stat you have,
Str you can focus on Hunter Cleaverm Logarius Wheel, Kirkhammer or Pizza cutter which are super effective against beasts
Skill you can focus on Rakuyo, Hunter Spear or Blades of Mercy

Tonitrus is a Arcane weapon and is effective against Kin asnd arcane based bosses which are few and you aim for the Boom Hammer or Moonlight sword for arcane build

Thanks for the info. What's the difference between beasts and kin? I was under the assumption that every enemy in the game was a beast.

Veelk

Banned
Goddamn. Orphan of Kos is tough...and really fun. I thought I'd take him down by today, but I've only managed to get him down to 3/4's health. The game is going to end on a really good note if he and Gehrman and the moon presence are all at the same level. So I think that's where I'll end it for today. I'd start a depth 5 dungeon just to see what it's like, but I don't have the materials for that, so...almost done guys. My last run through the game will be tomorrow. Before starting NG+, of course. Maybe. I'm not sure.

Thanks for the info. What's the difference between beasts and kin? I was under the assumption that every enemy in the game was a beast.

beasts are mostly werewolves, crows, pigs,
, spider, snakes and worms
. who are weaks against fire with a few exceptions like Larry

kin are mostlly brain sucker,
the blue guys, the flower thing, the insect dude, the ladies with several eyes
, basically the
space
enemies who cast magic you find are mostly arcane. Kin are weak against Bolt

silva1991

Goddamn. Orphan of Kos is tough...and really fun. I thought I'd take him down by today, but I've only managed to get him down to 3/4's health. The game is going to end on a really good note if he and Gehrman and the moon presence are all at the same level. So I think that's where I'll end it for today. I'd start a depth 5 dungeon just to see what it's like, but I don't have the materials for that, so...almost done guys. My last run through the game will be tomorrow. Before starting NG+, of course. Maybe. I'm not sure.

Gherman is one of the best bosses in the series when it comes to fun, setting and music

but he is like a newborn baby compare to OoK.

at level 166 sadly I think you will beat him in seconds lol.

how tough was Maria for you?

Veelk

Banned
Gherman is one of the best bosses in the series when it comes to fun, setting and music

but he is like a newborn baby compare to OoK.

at level 166 sadly I think you will beat him in seconds lol.

how tough was Maria for you?

She was pretty tough. I don't think my character is anywhere as tough as my level may imply. The reason it's so high is because I've been going out of my way to raise all my stats, instead of a single one, so none are above 50. So the only Stat that is raised regardless of what your leveling is defense. I'm stronger than the average player in that. With everything else, I'm about as strong as the average player, I just have more ways in which I am as strong.

You couldn't beat that thing solo? Seriously?

Veelk

Banned
You couldn't beat that thing solo? Seriously?
I mean, I could've, yeah, I just didn't want to. I don't think he's a particularly fun boss to fight and I wanted to finish up the dungeon to finish the game. I managed to get him down to 15%, so that was enough for me to know I could beat him.

I'm having way more fun against Kos Jr.

I mean, I could've, yeah, I just didn't want to. I don't think he's a particularly fun boss to fight and I wanted to finish up the dungeon to finish the game. I managed to get him down to 15%, so that was enough for me to know I could beat him.

I'm having way more fun against Kos Jr.
I actually think that when you get the timing right for dodging AB's attacks it becomes quite fun, but that's just me. Not everybody likes the same boss battles.

Veelk

Banned
I actually think that when you get the timing right for dodging AB's attacks it becomes quite fun, but that's just me. Not everybody likes the same boss battles.

Ill put him in the same boat as Amelia in that I'll just fight him correctly later. He just in the way of me fighting Kos Jr. and Gehrman.

KLoWn

Yo!

I Just bought and played through the beginning of Bloodborne, and it really kicked my ass.
I was stuck fighting that Lycan asshole for probably over an hour (yeah I know, I suck), but I finally beat him and my heart was just racing like crazy. It's been a while since that happened while playing a game.

Anyways, a question... After my first death I was transported to that garden place (can't remember the name) and I found some weapons that I was unable to equip, but after killing the Lycan I realized that I might have tried to equip 'em from the wrong inventory menu...

So... Did I just waste a whole lot of time by killing the Lycan barehanded, or was that supposed to happen and weapons aren't equippable until after said fight?

Sushigod7

You can kill him bear handed but once you die and go to the hunters dream I thought it let you pick your starting weapon. Is one in your inventory?

Yo!

I Just bought and played through the beginning of Bloodborne, and it really kicked my ass.
I was stuck fighting that Lycan asshole for probably over an hour (yeah I know, I suck), but I finally beat him and my heart was just racing like crazy. It's been a while since that happened while playing a game.

Anyways, a question... After my first death I was transported to that garden place (can't remember the name) and I found some weapons that I was unable to equip, but after killing the Lycan I realized that I might have tried to equip 'em from the wrong inventory menu...

So... Did I just waste a whole lot of time by killing the Lycan barehanded, or was that supposed to happen and weapons aren't equippable until after said fight?
:lol
Yeah, you're supposed to equip the weapon after getting to the hunter's dream. But props to you for beating it with just your fists!

Top Bottom