• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Dahbomb

Uh...no idea? The game has me at 70 hours, but I've been playing it since December, I think. I've looked stuff up after I took a break as well. But who keeps track of how much they talk or research about about a game online?

And yeah, you could get lucky and play with what you wanted to, sure. But what do you do when I give the supposed scenerio above? Suppose you don't find cainhurst until more than halfway into the game. Suppose you want to use Chikage, but put no points into BT all this time, and now you're at a pretty high level. You either have to grind your ass off to get what you want, or you have to replay the whole game with a BT build, which is, if anything, another form of grinding, and one I find far less palpable.
At that point in time your level isn't that high where it's prohibitive to put points into BT. Plus getting to Cainhurst without a guide is very difficult. If you aren't using a guide and you don't even know about Cainhurst, then why would you be worried about using a Chikage?

You can use a wide variety of weapons in the game within a reasonable amount of time. The issue is that you wouldn't be doing optimum damage with many of them. And that's fine.

Veelk

Banned
With that mindset, every game is a rpg, which I guess is true in a sense. But please let's keep to the rpg elements actually in the game, such as stats. They define and limit your character, you choose how.

I don't agree. You can do that for every game, technically, but if it's not designed for it, it's not happening. Specifically speaking, you can't really project much of anything onto Joel from last of us. He has his own character, voice, opinions, etc. While you can make some inferences, and maybe influence his character in very minor ways through gameplay by making choices whether to sneak by when possible or focusing on particular weapons to the exclusion of others. But that's not the same thing as, say, pokemon, wherein the protagonist keeps complete silence and allows you to make your own interpretations of who your character is by leaving you to your own devices (Though, admittedly, it does strongly imply various narrative elements via dialogue with others). Bloodborne is much like pokemon in this regard, and the roleplay, atleast the narrative aspect of it, which is the part I care about, is the true essence of roleplaying. The only reason to have classes, as far as I can see, is so you can make your character with a narrative background of why he has emphasis in one thing vs another. Classes in relation to gameplay aren't roles, they're just functions, which can inform roles, but they're different from what I think of roleplaying.

It sounds like you want to really minmax while at the same time do everything, or at least try everything at max potential. It's like the definition of having it all. You could easily have made your character less defined and open to more experimentation but you chose to be very specific (from the sound of it). It sounds like you are doing mainly (only?) PVE in which case you don't really need to max out ANY stat but can easily focus on getting at least four-five stats up to a decent level with no grinding at all.

You could also have made several different characters instead of grinding away. You'd be surprised at how fast you'd be able to progress. It could also be potentially fun to try different weapons, routes, tactics and what not on the way to your destination. You could summon some peeps and maybe get invaded, maybe it would be a different experience compared to last time? Or you could just make up a different attitude for your character.

As I said before, I'd be fine if there was an option to respec. I kinda wish there was in Bloodborne as farming for gems in chalice dungeons is something you'd never want to repeat. But I fail to see the problem with leaving content untouched if your time is limited. Not doing so seems like it could cause discomfort.

I have pretty much zero interest in PVP. I don't think I want to min-max at all, unless you mean I want the system to be accessible so that I can max everything with less hassle.

Anyway, the complaint I am making is hypothetical in nature. Me, personally, I was willing to put in the time to do everything. That's why I have so many hours in my playthrough. That's why I have the stats I have and I'm happy to have them.

I am objecting to the playstyle on a conceptual level. It's a "What if" scenerio. What if I had been blocked out of the weapon I want because I made the different choice early in the game where I couldn't have known about it? For me, that would put an incredibly sour taste on the whole experience. I probably wouldn't forgive Bloodborne for that if I actually couldn't put in the hours, even though I really enjoy the game otherwise. So I think it's a bad game design philosophy to fully lock out your players like that (or atleast make it impractical to allow for effective weapon choosing). And telling people to just play the whole game again, this incredibly long and difficult game that, as good as it may be, you might not want to play again for hours on end just to get the one weapon you were locked out of the first time, is kinda bullshit to me.

People keep mentioning that you go faster through subsequent playthroughs. People here seem to mostly stay if they know the game really well, but what about noobs like me who aren't as good? They're going to, on average, have to take more time. So lets say that I just want to fight Gehrman, and only Gehrman, with Chikage, which I can't do in my present build? With what I've done, I can pretty much pull out any weapon against him, and do as well as I'd do with my skill build. So how fast is the playthrough? 20 hours? 12? I could tolerate maybe 1 hour to get to where I am now, but anything beyond that is unreasonable to me. I also don't think it's reasonable to grind for many hours either, granted, but I'd prefer that than starting the game over. Because the third alternative is just leave the game feeling pissed you missed out on a bunch of content.

I don't mean to be argumentative or dismissive or close-minded, but have you considered getting checked for OCD?

No, and I doubt I would. It's been a while since I've studied it, but obsessive compulsive disorder is a repeated behavior tic of some kind that results in anxiety if it's not repeated. I don't get anxious about the idea of not having all stats viable, just frustrated. It's also not a compulsion in the true sense since I don't NEED to have every weapon available. Like, I'm probably not going to be able to level up in Arcane. That's fine, I'm thing I feel I'm missing out on the Holy Moonlight Sword, if i'm understanding the scaling properly. But if I do an exclusive stat build like many here, my options would be limited to 7 of the the 26 weapons. Missing out on a couple weapons is okay, but missing out on nearly 75% of them is just stupid. If I went to a resturant and they told me I am only allowed to order 25% of their menu on second visit based on what I pick today, I don't think it's psychologically unusual to be upset about that. People like having options.

This also doesn't really bother me or doesn't bother me as much in other videogames either, meaning it isn't a daily, generalized habit. I basically consider this an action game with RPG elements than a RPG with action elements. People gave that one guy tons of shit over his comparison to DMC, but I agree with him, since this is a game that primarily focus' on combat between enemies where the movesets take more precedence over stats or story or anything else in the game. It's not as fast paced or crazy as DMC, or NG, or Bayonetta, but they are cut from the same cloth in terms of gameplay as I see it. So in other games or game genres (like Mass Effect, for instance), where this is less important, I don't care about it or don't care about it nearly as much, meaning it's context dependent, which means it's not an automatic or unanimous response from me regardless of context. This feeling is has very specific context, and that context is action games, and OCD is typically a generalized response.

This also isn't really causing my any amount of distress. One significant feature of any disorder is that it has to fuck with your life or the lives of those around you. Hence the term 'disorder'. Not the case here. I don't feel this is out of control or anything. It's not harming my life in any way, other than maybe being a timesink that you could argue is unnecessary, but you could say that a new playthrough is the same thing. But I don't find any of this stressful, it's just something I don't like. If it's not causing distress or else if you're rich enough to have people avoid saying you have a disorder (which I most certainly am not), it's an eccentricity.

Lastly, even if you disagree, I feel I'm explaining my rationale for these opinions very well. OCD people don't really have a reason for their compulsions, or else they're very flawed ones, and they typically realize the weakness of any defense they try to put forth. That's why it's a compulsion, because reason implies that you are choosing this behavior rather than it being forced upon you via some poorly understood psychological quirk. You could say this is post hoc rationalization, I suppose, but I really I just really disagree.

But like I said, it's been a long time since I've studied it, and I can't dig up my notes right now, and even if I could, I'm not certified to make a diagnosis, let alone on myself. But for all of that, I am pretty sure I don't have any kind of compulsion regarding the game, just strong opinions on game design that I can back up with reasons.

At that point in time your level isn't that high where it's prohibitive to put points into BT. Plus getting to Cainhurst without a guide is very difficult. If you aren't using a guide and you don't even know about Cainhurst, then why would you be worried about using a Chikage?

"Hey guys, complete noob here, but I'm almost finished with the game. I just hit level 90, almost done with the game, I put pretty much all my points into strength, skill, vitality, and endurance. For some reason, I've only gotten one extra point in endurance, even since I've hit 40, even though I put 10 points into it since, can you tell me why?

Anyway, what's your favorite weapon? I really like LHB, but I wish there had been a katana in the game. I love good Katanas and- Wait, what do you mean there was one?! Where do I get it?! What's cainhurst castle. Well, no problem, I'm almost done with the game, I can still use it for the last stretch and...oh, I can't use it? I couldn't find the one weapon I wanted more than anything, and I can't use it now? I just have to play through the whole game again?!"

If this was me, it would sour my whole experience. I'd be thinking of how much fun I could have had playing the way I wanted to if only I had known vs what I got, and reality inevitably loses out to imagination.

You can use a wide variety of weapons in the game within a reasonable amount of time. The issue is that you wouldn't be doing optimum damage with many of them. And that's fine.

Depends on what you mean by suboptimal. It doesn't really matter if I have my favoritest weapon of all time if all I can do is tickle monsters to death with it.

If you think this is bad you should see him post in the Korra/Avatar thread, or about anything when it comes to a narrative standpoint.

Yeah, that's probably a better case for OCD than my bloodborne playstyle. It's hard to resist having discussions on story or art for me, even if I most definitlely should be studying for my two tests tomorrow. Like right now!

Dahbomb

"Hey guys, complete noob here, but I'm almost finished with the game. I just hit level 90, almost done with the game, I put pretty much all my points into strength, skill, vitality, and endurance. For some reason, I've only gotten one extra point in endurance, even since I've hit 40, even though I put 10 points into it since, can you tell me why?

Anyway, what's your favorite weapon? I really like LHB, but I wish there had been a katana in the game. I love good Katanas and- Wait, what do you mean there was one?! Where do I get it?! What's cainhurst castle. Well, no problem, I'm almost done with the game, I can still use it for the last stretch and...oh, I can't use it? I couldn't find the one weapon I wanted more than anything, and I can't use it now? I just have to play through the whole game again?!"

If this was me, it would sour my whole experience. I'd be thinking of how much fun I could have had playing the way I wanted to if only I had known vs what I got, and reality inevitably loses out to imagination.
Very fringe case here. A "noob" got to lvl90 and the end of the game? By that time you aren't a noob anymore.

And even at lvl90, it's not that hard to get to the minimum stat requirement for Chikage.

Also I was talking about playing through the game without online help. This example you are using the guy is using online resources and thus isn't going through a blind experience. If that wasn't his goal (a blind experience) then he probably should've started a while ago. Seems kinda weird to me that you would use online resources right as you are about to beat the game... people either start using resources early on or after they beat the game.

Anyone who has ever played a RPG knows that if they start putting stats into something then they can't use a build for stats they haven't put into it. It's RPG 101. You can levy this complaint against any RPG ever made (except maybe Diablo 3), it's sort of unfair to use Bloodborne as an example here.

Depends on what you mean by suboptimal. It doesn't really matter if I have my favoritest weapon of all time if all I can do is tickle monsters to death with it.
You can just reach the equip minimum for each weapon and be able to use every weapon in the game. That's very easy to do, it's not like weapons have 25+ stat equipment requirement. If you have 25 stats in every attack category you can use every weapon in the game and that's a pretty minimal investment.

And that's what I would tell your hypothetical noob player too. If he played the game enough to get to lvl90, he can gain a few more levels to be able to equip Chikage.

Veelk

Banned
Very fringe case here. A "noob" got to lvl90 and the end of the game? By that time you aren't a noob anymore. [/spoiler]

I consider myself a noob and I'm nearly at the end of the game, mostly because I'm not particularly skilled at the game. I'd consider myself even more of a noob if I was ignorant of all the games hidden features. Noob is highly relative, and Bloodborne has a high skill threshold.

And even at lvl90, it's not that hard to get to the minimum stat requirement for Chikage.

Also I was talking about playing through the game without online help. This example you are using the guy is using online resources and thus isn't going through a blind experience. If that wasn't his goal (a blind experience) then he probably should've started a while ago. Seems kinda weird to me that you would use online resources right as you are about to beat the game... people either start using resources early on or after they beat the game.

In my example, the guy is just socializing until he's realized he's missed something. It's not the same thing as setting out to find out what you missed. He's pretty much gotten through the game, and is only using the online resource as its brought to him and his reaction to it.

Anyone who has ever played a RPG knows that if they start putting stats into something then they can't use a build for stats they haven't put into it. It's RPG 101. You can levy this complaint against any RPG ever made (except maybe Diablo 3), it's sort of unfair to use Bloodborne as an example here.

I stated multiple times this annoys me in most games, just to lesser degrees. Hell, it frustrates me in God of War that they don't provide enough orbs to level everything up. I just don't believe an action game should cut you out of anything by its endgame. It just annoys me especially in bloodborne because the weapons are so cool and unique, and combat is so sophisticated,it just feel like such an utter waste to not have weapons at their best.

You can just reach the equip minimum for each weapon and be able to use every wepaon in the game. That's very easy to do, it's not like weapons have 25+ stat equipment requirement. If you have 25 stats in every attack category you can use every weapon in the game and that's a pretty minimal investment.

Can you tell me how much of a point difference there is? Because it's bloodborne, I want everything at its highest potential. In other games, this might bother me less, but if I'm getting killed because something is putting out less damage than it should, then that's a problem for me.

Dahbomb

Veelk said:
Can you tell me how much of a point difference there is? Because it's bloodborne, I want everything at its highest potential. In other games, this might bother me less, but if I'm getting killed because something is putting out less damage than it should, then that's a problem for me.
You just stated that you don't care if you could just tickle the bosses to death?

You really DO want everything!

The difference is pretty substantial between 50/50 maximum stats and the bare minimum stats. You can still beat the game using the minimum required scaling but of course you are leaving a lot of damage on the table.

The reason why there are stats and blood rocks attached to making these weapons better is the sense of investment. I put the investment into a single weapon to make the most out of it and I should be rewarded. If I divided up my investment instead to two other weapons then I should be rewarded appropriately for that (ie. half as much per weapon). That's the core aspect of an RPG. For people like you who don't like this, there are just as many people who appreciate the weight of your choice and the importance of investment.

Veelk

Banned
You just stated that you don't care if you could just tickle the bosses to death?

You really DO want everything!

The difference is pretty substantial between 50/50 maximum stats and the bare minimum stats. You can still beat the game using the minimum required scaling but of course you are leaving a lot of damage on the table.

I care very much if all I'm doing is tickling them to death. Like, my favorite weapon won't be my favorite if it's not doing the kind of damage it should do. If my LHS is doing less damage than my Reiterpallach, what is the point of using the LHB? It's suppose to be the crude, but stronger weaponry that just smack's bitches open as opposed the weaker, but swifter and more elegant fencing style of the rapier. That's what I meant.

But yes. I want all the bacon. I cannot say it more plainly than that.

The reason why there are stats and blood rocks attached to making these weapons better is the sense of investment. I put the investment into a single weapon to make the most out of it and I should be rewarded. If I divided up my investment instead to two other weapons then I should be rewarded appropriately for that (ie. half as much per weapon). That's the core aspect of an RPG. For people like you who don't like this, there are just as many people who appreciate the weight of your choice and the importance of investment.

I know. I've mentioned several times that I support diversity and that means game aspects that I don't favor have every right to exist because other people favor them. I'm just sharing my thoughts and experience with the game. As much as this may sound like complaining or demands for change, they're not. I am simply voicing my frustration with the system because this is a discussion board and maybe it will inspire someone to take all the stuff I love about this series and replace the stuff I don't. I don't want the souls series to go away or change, I just want there to be more of it. More that might suit my tastes even more than BB already does, and how else can I do that except by voicing my opinions?

And as far as that actual argument goes, I just don't frame it like that. Investment is not any single weapon, but the character as a whole. Where as you describe the perspective of looking at weapons individually and thinking "I can 100% this, but or 50% two of these", I'm looking at the whole collection of weapons, so it's more like "I've only upgraded 11% of my arsenal." Again, different perspective on the whole thing, but it's just how I see things.

Edit: I decided to check out Path of Exile gameplay. Dungeon crawler/diablo type gameplay isn't really my thing anyway so don't worry about my playing it, but I point out again that this frustration is typically exclusive to action games. I probably wouldn't care as much in this game. But yeah, holy fuck at that skill tree. If that thing is really as extensive as it looks, then maybe I wouldn't complain about being locked out by some of it after all.

Dahbomb

Path of Exile is a theory crafters game.

Diablo 3 would be much more your style. You can use whatever builds you want whenever you want, you can easily swap out moves/skills and respec stats. You are only limited to what class you are using. Honestly if it weren't for the randomly generated items then I would so it's basically a top down arcade action game.

I do agree with you that Bloodborne needed a respec option like Dark Souls 2. Thing is that BB doesn't have THAT many builds to play so that's probably why they didn't go for it.

Because it's bloodborne, I want everything at its highest potential. In other games, this might bother me less, but if I'm getting killed because something is putting out less damage than it should, then that's a problem for me.

My solution to this was to get my character to lv240, with all stats except endurance at 50. This way I have the best of everything, and can wield any weapon.

I plan on taking this character to NG+6 and using it to do my varied weapon runs

That said I don't know how much you still have left in the tank for this game. It might sound daunting but from where you are now... but doing a complete, thorough chalice dungeon run (i.e. beating the gold trophy-giving boss) in your first playthough will take you to 100-140. Then NG+, assuming you are thorough and scour and kill everything once, gets you up to around 190.

It's not ideal, but that's your option now, and it is so much better compared to doing one playthrough per build. Using this method you're piling up the NG+'s, but you can be the everyman that you're looking to be.

Veelk

Banned
I'm at 166 without having completed the game (still have Gehrman), the DLC (Larry and Kos), or the Chalice dungeons (which I don't want to do because they're sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring)

Raptor

I went in to fight Laurence, Pizza Cutter in hand, Bolt ready, NPC with me, we almost kill him, it had left in his life bar just enough for a single strike and then killed, I couldnt strike him at all lol, got killed, his second form is relentless and annoying with all the lava and stuff flowing.

Then I went in, killed the Cuthulu minion weilding axe fatty at the entrance, summoned a coop partner, I think he was powerfull as heck, never saw that he lost health in the battle, I used like 14 vials, but we got him!!

I know I can take him alone, but I just wanted the Rune as soon as possible to finish the game and then go to NG+ and do my Beast Claw run!!

beasttorgd.jpg

Dahbomb

I'm at 166 without having completed the game (still have Gehrman), the DLC (Larry and Kos), or the Chalice dungeons (which I don't want to do because they're sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring)
You are at the level I was when I beat the Pthumeru Chalice and beat the game 4 times lol.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

166?! Holy fuck. I've put 90 hours in, only just finished the DLC and main game and I'm only level 100 or so. What have you been doing?! XD

myco666

166 on NG? How much time you spend on grinding? Highest I got was 120 and even that was pretty long grind.

I went in to fight Laurence, Pizza Cutter in hand, Bolt ready, NPC with me, we almost kill him, it had left in his life bar just enough for a single strike and then killed, I couldnt strike him at all lol, got killed, his second form is relentless and annoying with all the lava and stuff flowing.

Then I went in, killed the Cuthulu minion weilding axe fatty at the entrance, summoned a coop partner, I think he was powerfull as heck, never saw that he lost health in the battle, I used like 14 vials, but we got him!!

I know I can take him alone, but I just wanted the Rune as soon as possible to finish the game and then go to NG+ and do my Beast Claw run!!

Beast Embrace + Beast Claw Run is the best run. Why not use Brador's Set? Higher Beasthood and you look more like a beast wearing it.

Got this platinum about 2 weeks ago and haven't received the theme. Are they still giving it out after you platinum the game or was it for a limited time?

Veelk

Banned
You are at the level I was when I beat the Pthumeru Chalice and beat the game 4 times lol.

Which means in another 14 levels that push Strength up to 50, I'm gonna be satisfied enough to actually finish the game.

166 on NG? How much time you spend on grinding? Highest I got was 120 and even that was pretty long grind.

Really not as much as you'd think. My methodology was often this: I finish a boss or area and arrive, which gives me a pretty big payout. Going into a new area after this usually carries the risk of losing all those echoes, so instead I just decide to go through Mergo's loft 1 time, which takes maybe 5 minutes not counting the loading screens, and that's 120K echoes, which is typically enough to push me over the edge and give me enough for 1 level up point. And after that, I'm close to zero in echoes again, so I just go back to playing the game as regular until the next payday. Simple as that and not time consuming at all, really. This is probably the best way to grow your level, play the game normally and supplement it with micro-farming. It prevents it from getting repetitive and is extremely reliable.

Raptor

Beast Embrace + Beast Claw Run is the best run. Why not use Brador's Set? Higher Beasthood and you look more like a beast wearing it.

Thats my next goal, I read that I need Brador's Testimony, the Beast Hide Garb, The Constables Gloves and Old Hunter Trousers to maximize beasthood and defense.

Already have the gloves and Trousers, I will keep going the DLC till I get the other two and by that time I might aswell just kill Kos while Im at it.

I'm about to embark on this game for the first time. I have both played DS1 and 2 and am aware of the differences and additions in Bloodborne. To those that played the DS games, what's the equivalent of the Fire Longsword/Drake Sword in Bloodborne? Or good beginner items in general?

Oh my what happened.

I'm about to embark on this game for the first time. I have both played DS1 and 2 and am aware of the differences and additions in Bloodborne. To those that played the DS games, what's the equivalent of the Fire Longsword/Drake Sword in Bloodborne? Or good beginner items in general?

Best easy starter, Hunter Axe
Drake Swrd, Ludwig Holy Blade

Dahbomb

You get one of 3 weapon choices at start and the Hunters Axe demolishes just about everything in the game with its 2H charged R2 move. After that the Ludwig's Holy Blade is pretty powerful too.

Soulhouf

There aren't any weapon like that.
For beginners I always recommend Saw Cleaver. It's easy to use, fast, has a versatile moveset and bonus attack against beasts (which are a big part of the first half of the game).
Even speed runners use that weapon for a reason.

I just went through the chalice dungeons again with my bloodtinge character just to get the pthumeru ihyll root chalice. I Just got the Lost Chikage and now I'm farming for the cursed bloodtinge gems.

I liked going through the dungeons the first time but man is it tedious. Especially obtaining ritual materials. Other than the beast claw you don't really get any rewards until you go through all of them and have access to the root versions.

Also, the pthumerian descendent is a total dick.

neoism

lol i was 200 my first time through... yea the CD do get repetitive but it became my mission to complete them once i realized i really didnt need to beat that many....

neoism

166?! Holy fuck. I've put 90 hours in, only just finished the DLC and main game and I'm only level 100 or so. What have you been doing?! XD

personally i dont understand why people do this... the game is already difficult in a sense why make it harder being underleveled the whole time...

Veelk

Banned
personally i dont understand why people do this... the game is already difficult in a sense why make it harder being underleveled the whole time...
Because many souls fans are a breed of masochists.

Though I'm not really getting "stronger" in the traditional sense of the word. I'm leveling up my strength Stat, but neither weapons I'm currently using is strength dependant. For me, my goal is making every weapon viable. I want a character who can wield the Rakuyo and chikage and boom hammer all with equal ease. It's a horizontal expansion rather than a vertical one.

Because many souls fans are a breed of masochists.

Though I'm not really getting "stronger" in the traditional sense of the word. I'm leveling up my strength Stat, but neither weapons I'm currently using is strength dependant. For me, my goal is making every weapon viable. I want a character who can wield the Rakuyo and chikage and boom hammer all with equal ease. It's a horizontal expansion rather than a vertical one.
The blood shard farming you must be doing has to be crazy cause you'd never be able to get the levels for every weapon high enough to be really good alternates for any sort of high level combat. At some point a +6 weapon just becomes god damn useless in my opinion. On NG++ I'm not using shit unless it's at least +9.

Veelk

Banned
The blood shard farming you must be doing has to be crazy cause you'd never be able to get the levels for every weapon high enough to be really good alternates for any sort of high level combat. At some point a +6 weapon just becomes god damn useless in my opinion. On NG++ I'm not using shit unless it's at least +9.
That's easy for the most part. You can buy shards and twin shards in the store. Blood chunks are more limited and those did require some grinding, but I think I only got enough to bring one more weapon to +9 than I would have. It's probably the only case where I agree with the rest of bloodgaf in that it's more practical to just recollect them on ng+. I have more +9 weapons than otherwise tho, so the next playthrough should get me the last of them.

I have 3 blood rock upgraded weapons, but I expect I'll be able to get enough of them to upgrade everything to level 10 in ng+ with the insight I collect.

The final question is about how to get enough high level blood gems for every weapon.

That's easy for the most part. You can buy shards and twin shards in the store. Blood chunks are more limited and those did require some grinding, but I think I only got enough to bring one more weapon to +9 than I would have. It's probably the only case where I agree with the rest of bloodgaf in that it's more practical to just recollect them on ng+. I have more +9 weapons than otherwise tho, so the next playthrough should get me the last of them.

I have 3 blood rock upgraded weapons, but I expect I'll be able to get enough of them to upgrade everything to level 10 in ng+ with the insight I collect.

The final question is about how to get enough high level blood gems for every weapon.
You need to grind out them chalice dungeons fool have fun with that shit health. Say hello to my friend the Abhorrent Beast while you're at it.

Which means in another 14 levels that push Strength up to 50, I'm gonna be satisfied enough to actually finish the game.

Really not as much as you'd think. My methodology was often this: I finish a boss or area and arrive, which gives me a pretty big payout. Going into a new area after this usually carries the risk of losing all those echoes, so instead I just decide to go through Mergo's loft 1 time, which takes maybe 5 minutes not counting the loading screens, and that's 120K echoes, which is typically enough to push me over the edge and give me enough for 1 level up point. And after that, I'm close to zero in echoes again, so I just go back to playing the game as regular until the next payday. Simple as that and not time consuming at all, really. This is probably the best way to grow your level, play the game normally and supplement it with micro-farming. It prevents it from getting repetitive and is extremely reliable.

That's pretty thorough. Once you finish your NG stuff, move on to NG+. Do the same things that you did in NG in your NG+ run. You'll end up at around lv230-240, and that's your everyman/50-all/i-can-have-everything build

I need the 27% physical ones and Im terrified of what I have to do to get them lol.

Are you the type who needs three 27 gems, or are you willing to satisfice and settle, for say, one of each 25/26/27 gem? Three 27's shouldn't take more than 4 hours. If you satisfice, it's 1 hour..

27 Physical gems are the most straightforward to get, it's when you delve into the off-shape gems, or arcane gems, that you really get into the rabbit hole

myco666

What? Underleveled? 80-90 is pretty basic for the endgame. You will have 30Vit/25End/50(any damage stat) at that point and it is more than enough for endgame.

Raptor

Are you the type who needs three 27 gems, or are you willing to satisfice and settle, for say, one of each 25/26/27 gem? Three 27's shouldn't take more than 4 hours. If you satisfice, it's 1 hour..

27 Physical gems are the most straightforward to get, it's when you delve into the off-shape gems, or arcane gems, that you really get into the rabbit hole

I will settle for whatever 25+ gems I can get, if it is 25/26/27 so be it, Im not that perfectionist lol.

Do you know what dungeon they are?

I will settle for whatever 25+ gems I can get, if it is 25/26/27 so be it, Im not that perfectionist lol.

Do you know what dungeon they are?

pwmf22gu, first set of bosses (3 watchers). They can drop 24%-27% gems
Around 7 runs of that thing (less than an hour? way less than an hour?) will get you a full set of 3 gems of 24-27 phys gems with acceptable curses

What I kinda sorta love about the game is that while getting a perfect set of perfectly optimal gems take a ridiculous amount of time and farming (say X), gunning for the second optimal solution which is only 10% less effective compared to the optimal solution, takes only a fraction of the time (1/4 or 1/5 X?).

I always take the second/third optimal solution.

Veelk

Banned
You need to grind out them chalice dungeons fool have fun with that shit health. Say hello to my friend the Abhorrent Beast while you're at it.

You mean evil electro Chewbacca? We're acquainted, though not very well. I'll probably either take him or Larry down next.

I had practice on his weaker, poverty stricken cousin, so I'm not completely ignorant to what he can do so he doesn't one shot me, but he is pretty rambunctious all the same.
Yeah that boss is pretty damn aggressive, I pretty much just think of that battle as a dance.

Raptor

pwmf22gu, first set of bosses (3 watchers). They can drop 24%-27% gems
Around 7 runs of that thing (less than an hour? way less than an hour?) will get you a full set of 3 gems of 24-27 phys gems with acceptable curses

What I kinda sorta love about the game is that while getting a perfect set of perfectly optimal gems take a ridiculous amount of time and farming (say X), gunning for the second optimal solution which is only 10% less effective compared to the optimal solution, takes only a fraction of the time (1/4 or 1/5 X?).

I always take the second/third optimal solution.

Where or how do i do this? I know thats a Glyph but where do I search it?

Kaibutsu

Got this platinum about 2 weeks ago and haven't received the theme. Are they still giving it out after you platinum the game or was it for a limited time?

EU only and im sure its over with... its not even a good theme...

The US got it too even though Shu said it was going to be Europe only. I got it December 21 after I platinumed the game at the beginning of December. Funny because I sure I wasn't going to get it because the terms for the theme said it was for a limited time and that you had to get the platinum by November 20 I do believe. IT is a pretty crappy theme but that email still makes you feel good.

CVRjTxCUAAEFdha.jpg:large

IAIvsvn.jpg

Top Bottom