• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Veelk

Banned
LOL

I forgot how to open the cathedral gates and I refuse to look it up, so I've been stuck on the cathedral yard for like half an hour not sure where to go.

I'll figure it out though. Eventually.

In the meantime, where the fuck to I go to get more chalice materials? I want to get those depth 5 gems, but I'm missing stuff.

LOL

I forgot how to open the cathedral gates and I refuse to look it up, so I've been stuck on the cathedral yard for like half an hour not sure where to go.

I'll figure it out though. Eventually.

In the meantime, where the fuck to I go to get more chalice materials? I want to get those depth 5 gems, but I'm missing stuff.

Arcane - The flower enemies on central phumeru
Tomb moss - Rats
Red jelly - Ailing Loran
Infant is a reward from opening chets, the fingers are a drop from the madman or the fat dudes defending the chest. the eye is a chest reward and a super rare drop from the witches

Soulhouf

I am convinced they made
Moony
easy intentionally.
He's is a boss that comes right after a fairly hard one (atleast if you haven't played the DLC), probably low on health, etc.
I wish they hadn't though. The final
eldritch abomination
should be tough as balls

The very first time I lost against it because
Gherman left me with only 3 or 4 vials. My heart was pounding and my hands were shaking.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I finally caved and decided to look up how to get out of the Cathedral Ward because I didn't know where to get the emblem that'd let me out. I searched all over the place, except Old Yharnam, because I knew I wasn't supposed to go there, that was one thing I remembered for sure.

...and I'm supposed to go to Old Yharnam, unless I want to buy the emblem from the messengers. I am quite peeved at myself right now.

Minamu

What will happen to my chalice dungeons and abilities to search for glyphs if I enter ng+? Do I need to redo them and collect materials again?

Tarkus

I got bum-rushed by a hunter at Father G's lantern while farming blood vials. Came out of fucking nowhere. Went back for my blood echoes and Eileen was fighting him. I tried to help but I caught her with my Holy Blade's wide attacks. Now she's dead. How bad have I fucked up?

Raptor

You'd think I'd know after like 5+ playthroughs but all I know for sure is that the difficulty doesn't go up :)

I sure hope is not reseted because Im in the middle of creating the Isz Chalice again, what its strange is that I had already made it and now it doesnt let me create it again without the materials.

Minamu

I sure hope is not reseted because Im in the middle of creating the Isz Chalice again, what its strange is that I had already made it and now it doesnt let me create it again without the materials.
If you have a surplus of insight, you can buy a lot of the mats for that one. I'm like you, I hope nothing goes away :/

myco666

What will happen to my chalice dungeons and abilities to search for glyphs if I enter ng+? Do I need to redo them and collect materials again?

Nothing will happen to them. They will be exactly same as you left them on NG. No need to redo anything. Just make sure you have every Chalice Dungeon material picked up from the main game.

Raptor

Nothing will happen to them. They will be exactly same as you left them on NG. No need to redo anything. Just make sure you have every Chalice Dungeon material picked up from the main game.

Got scared for a second here then I remembered the material I need is in a chalice.

:O

Minamu

Great, then I might go into ng+ (++++++++ whatever) again soon ^^

Veelk

Banned
Holy crap, you guys weren't kidding about the chalice dungeons. With 3 Heir runes, I can pull in 100K echoes just on the immediate enemies of Level 3 in the Isz Dungeon.

I'm not getting the runes I want though. Do I have to go to Root dungeons for that?

grmlin

Okay, I finally caved and decided to look up how to get out of the Cathedral Ward because I didn't know where to get the emblem that'd let me out. I searched all over the place, except Old Yharnam, because I knew I wasn't supposed to go there, that was one thing I remembered for sure.

...and I'm supposed to go to Old Yharnam, unless I want to buy the emblem from the messengers. I am quite peeved at myself right now.

You should go for old Yharnam. There is a fun yolo strategy you could look up at YouTube to avoid that stupid machine gun. Prepare to die trying it though 😬

I got bum-rushed by a hunter at Father G's lantern while farming blood vials. Came out of fucking nowhere. Went back for my blood echoes and Eileen was fighting him. I tried to help but I caught her with my Holy Blade's wide attacks. Now she's dead. How bad have I fucked up?
You can't finish Eileen's quest line properly anymore. It took me three games to do it. I exported my save to a usb stick the third try because I was so afraid to fuck it up again.

myco666

Holy crap, you guys weren't kidding about the chalice dungeons. With 3 Heir runes, I can pull in 100K echoes just on the immediate enemies of Level 3 in the Isz Dungeon.

I'm not getting the runes I want though. Do I have to go to Root dungeons for that?

Yeah you need to do Root Chalices for the Runes. Use glyphs that are known to have the Runes so that you are guaranteed to get the Runes you want.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah you need to do Root Chalices for the Runes. Use glyphs that are known to have the Runes so that you are guaranteed to get the Runes you want.

Sorry, I meant gems. I want better gems.

You should go for old Yharnam. There is a fun yolo strategy you could look up at YouTube to avoid that stupid machine gun. Prepare to die trying it though ��

Yeah, that's kind of why I was avoiding that place, but there's no helping it now. I could still buy the emblem, but I don't feel like playing the game I did before, so it looks like Bloody-boo will be my 3rd boss this time around.

Raptor

myco666

Sorry, I meant gems. I want better gems.

Root Chalices for those also. Default Chalices have few good gems but the best are hidden in FRC Chalices so have fun fighting bosses like Bloodletting Beast and Pthumerian Descendant with half health only to get cursed gem with gradual hp lost.

silva1991

Orioto's

Cd7AfbbWoAE8WzD.jpg:large

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198665599&postcount=5027

I wonder if those challengers ever find the first casual playthough ever challenging lol.

The Burial Blade was my second fully upgraded (+10) weapon after the Ludwig and I still found it very hard. It's hard to get used to anything after the Ludwig.

I wonder if those challengers ever find the first casual playthough ever challenging lol.

I want to believe he had to grind root chalices for the gems

The Burial Blade was my second fully upgraded (+10) weapon after the Ludwig and I still found it very hard. It's hard to get used to anything after the Ludwig.

Ludwig sword is too comfy to play, you can use it full Skll or Str or both.

I know this has probably already been posted but I was perusing one of my fave music cover channels and found this metal cover of (DLC spoiler)
Ludwig the Holy Blade
's music and it's fucking tremendous.

By RichaadEB the guy who did the Undertale covers

It just reminded me how I liked the normal Bloodborne music but it never really did anything for me but I thought the DLC music was absolutely fucking incredible.

I know this has probably already been posted but I was perusing one of my fave music cover channels and found this metal cover of (DLC spoiler)
Ludwig the Holy Blade
's music and it's fucking tremendous.

By RichaadEB the guy who did the Undertale covers

It just reminded me how I liked the normal Bloodborne music but it never really did anything for me but I thought the DLC music was absolutely fucking incredible.

Reminds me of Metroid Metal still, The chorus make that song unique for me

neoism

lol dudes character looks really short for some reason... impressive nonetheless ...

side note... i started my ng++ run. man i have to say the difficulty is a lot harder than I was thinking it would be, plus you really don't get any more echoes.. than ng+... The regular enemies are nothing special just the stupid bosses have sooo much hp... i mean i even have 1K hit ludwig..

i've also been trying to play demons souls but I just can't seem to get into it really... every time i play it i just think i could be playing BB... plus the character movement just doesnt feel right to me....

3 more fucking weeks.. �������� i want DS3 soo bad..

ColdPizza

Banned
This whole chalice dungeon thing is confusing to me. I beat level 3 of the phtuneru and got a central and root chalice. What next? Do the central?

Kinda wild coming back to the game and seeing NPC summons before most of the boss fights now. The game always felt so isolated, you against the world, but I'll give them all a try to see how it works. I made a new skill guy and went for the beasthunter saif with him, and it's a pretty sweet weapon. The transformation attacks to close the gap, or create some distance are nice. I'm only one boss fight in the DLC with my highest level guy, but so far none of the strength weapons grab me like my Kirkhammer. It is honestly one of my favorite weapons in any game.

KLoWn

Quick question: I'm at the point where I just beat some super nightmare slug (called Rome I believe?), and I have a shitload of runes that I still can't use, did I miss something that I should've done ages ago? Because it kinda feels that way.

No spoilers though! Thanks.

Soulhouf

Quick question: I'm at the point where I just beat some super nightmare slug (called Rome I believe?), and I have a shitload of runes that I still can't use, did I miss something that I should've done ages ago? Because it kinda feels that way.

Did you go to Hemwick?
If you didn't,
remember where you fought Vicar Amelia? Just before you enter the Cathedral, go left.
You'll get a tool there that allows you to memorize runes into your mind, Lovecraft style.

Did you ever take a right by those 2 black church guys with the crosses, coming from the Grand Cathedral lamp post? There is another area that way.

KLoWn

Did you go to Hemwick?
If you didn't,
remember where you fought Vicar Amelia? Just before you enter the Cathedral, go left.
You'll get a tool there that allows you to memorize runes into your mind, Lovecraft style.

Did you ever take a right by those 2 black church guys with the crosses, coming from the Grand Cathedral lamp post? There is another area that way.
Ah shit, I know exactly the place you mean! But I fooled myself to think that that was the main entrance to the Forbidden woods, that I didn't have to use because I went through the backdoor where you had to tell a dude a password, and then I just forgot about it
faceplam.png

Oh well, off I go. Thanks for the help.

Some survivors locks after you kill Rom, Unlock the tool to use the runes , defeat the boss from Yahargurl to unlock a shortcut to Old Yharman to
brefriend Djura
, Discover the secret areas on the upper cathedral ward tower. Go visit the forbidden woods for a hidden shortcut, start the League sidequest on the forbidden woods

Tarkus

I must be way overlevelled. Vicar Amelia was the easiest boss yet for me. She hit me twice. My holy blade +5 rekt her ass.

I beat the game, got all endings, worked my way through the dungeons, and now, somewhere in layer 2 in the Defiled Chalice Dungeon, I'm getting my ass kicked. This is it for me, I'm afraid. Literally can't progress anymore and I refuse to summon anyone.

bestfieldscup

Neo Member
I beat the game, got all endings, worked my way through the dungeons, and now, somewhere in layer 2 in the Defiled Chalice Dungeon, I'm getting my ass kicked. This is it for me, I'm afraid. Literally can't progress anymore and I refuse to summon anyone.

how many playthroughs are required for all the endings?

Top Bottom