• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I've just thrown my phone in a rage at this game. In the first town (I can't remember the name I'm so annoyed!) But you get to the bonfire and it's swarming with hunters and there are two with guns. I managed to kill them all once, (using all blood vials in the process) and died in the next area because of 3 dogs and huntsmen.

I have just started but it took me 6 attempts to get that far from the check Point.

I need to ask for my sanity, how do I get back to where I was after I die without going through it all again and are the checkpoints back to the hunters dream the only place I can save? I love the game, I love the atmosphere and I am enjoying the combat but it's a steep learning curve and I need guidance. 1

The first bit is undoubtedly the hardest, at least for me. Try to open the shortcut to the Cleric Beast (look this up). Make this your first priority. After Father Gascoigne, you will be more comfortable for a long while.

krioto

I bought the dlc on the weekend - it's really good so far.

I'm NG+, and have beaten the first 2 bosses and now fighting the third.

I loved the atmosphere of the Research Building, and the mangled starting area. such a great game

The first bit is undoubtedly the hardest, at least for me. Try to open the shortcut to the Cleric Beast (look this up). Make this your first priority. After Father Gascoigne, you will be more comfortable for a long while.

Thanks I've just looked up a YouTube Vid.

I'll look at the guide at the start of this thread, I don't think I understand enough of the levelling up and what things do.

how many playthroughs are required for all the endings?

Legit, 3

1 with the USB save

45. I've been playing smart and return to the Hunter's Dream if I have enough echoes to level up.

Question: I have a gem that says Phys. UP at full HP +2.7. That means an additional bonus at full health correct?

I think Amelia is a LV 32 boss, Yes you get that bonus at full HP. if not the damage is drastically reduced

Tarkus

Legit, 3

1 with the USB save

I think Amelia is a LV 32 boss, Yes you get that bonus at full HP. if not the damage is drastically reduced
Welp, sounds like I farmed too many single and twin shards while also gaining a few levels.

I've bought Ludwig's Rifle because I had echoes to spare. I can't for the life of me, though, figure how this is better than my standard Hunter's Pistol. Way less damage and slower.

Welp, sounds like I farmed too many single and twin shards while also gaining a few levels.

I've bought Ludwig's Rifle because I had echoes to spare. I can't for the life of me, though, figure how this is better than my standard Hunter's Pistol. Way less damage and slower.

The pistol just shoots faster for more agile players

Well, this is my first blind playthrough.

For a first playthrough your not insanely overlevelled then, probably normal to be about 30~.
If you get ahead of bloodborne's difficulty curve though you can snowball pretty bad, VA highlights this snowballing in particular since she staggers like crazy.

I know this has probably already been posted but I was perusing one of my fave music cover channels and found this metal cover of (DLC spoiler)
Ludwig the Holy Blade
's music and it's fucking tremendous.

By RichaadEB the guy who did the Undertale covers

It just reminded me how I liked the normal Bloodborne music but it never really did anything for me but I thought the DLC music was absolutely fucking incredible.
That's friggin' awesome!

ColdPizza

Banned
0-2 against Rom.

Got him around 50% until these fucking meteors showered on my skull.

Is it better to go right for him or take out his little buddies first? They also seem tougher after you clear he first batch. Is this true?

ColdPizza

Banned
For a first playthrough your not insanely overlevelled then, probably normal to be about 30~.
If you get ahead of bloodborne's difficulty curve though you can snowball pretty bad, VA highlights this snowballing in particular since she staggers like crazy.

Wait. People are finishing this game at level 30? I've been taking my time and I'm at about 60+ and only at Rom.

0-2 against Rom.

Is it better to go right for him or take out his little buddies first? They also seem tougher after you clear he first batch. Is this true?
Definitely finish off his buddies. I always went rushing in thinking I could do it, but you really need to kill some spiders. Not all of them, just about a dozen I'd say. Fought him twice now, in the dungeon as well. Add Bolt Paper to your sword.

ColdPizza

Banned
Definitely finish off his buddies. I always went rushing in thinking I could do it, but you really need to kill some spiders. Not all of them, just about a dozen I'd say. Fought him twice now, in the dungeon as well. Add Bolt Paper to your sword.

Okay. Beat him on like 5th try with the bolt paper. Just kept rolling around the spiders. Too impatient with this one.

Rest in Pieces:
Martyr Logarius
Celestial Emissary (I was so hilariously over-leved for this fight ROFL)
Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos
Alfred (Dude seemed a little .... psychotic after eviscerating the VbQ ... so I put him down)

Man. I really have come to like this game. For a complete Souls newb, it was refreshing. The combat, the exploration, there was a beautiful simplicity to it. The art and environment design is absolutely fantastic and disgusting, all at the same time. The weapons were a joy to use and the combat is gritty and satisfying.

All I have left now is Gehrman, the Queen, and NG+. I'll save those for after I complete The Old Hunters, which I will save for after the semester is finished.

0-2 against Rom.

Safe way is killing the mobs, then rom. if you have strong damage go for rom, when she tries to run away keep hitting her to reset his teleport. Use Bolt paper for more damage

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I've learned despite my occasional itch to play, I cannot play bloodborne consecutively. I'm going through the game, just killed Bloody-boo, Gehrman just sent me up the Oeden Chapel (maybe I'm remembering wrong, but after a certain point, the old fart just completely disappeared from most of the game, and now that I'm going through the game the 'proper' way, he seems to be coming on with some regularity), which I'm doing, but....

Well, it's boring. I need either novelty or enough of a break for BB to feel like it. The atmosphere is still stunning, but it's not enough for the game to hold my attention.

Okay, I've learned despite my occasional itch to play, I cannot play bloodborne consecutively. I'm going through the game, just killed Bloody-boo, Gehrman just sent me up the Oeden Chapel (maybe I'm remembering wrong, but after a certain point, the old fart just completely disappeared from most of the game, and now that I'm going through the game the 'proper' way, he seems to be coming on with some regularity), which I'm doing, but....

Well, it's boring. I need either novelty or enough of a break for BB to feel like it. The atmosphere is still stunning, but it's not enough for the game to hold my attention.

He laters move behind the house on the left side, sleeping after you defeat amelia I think.

If you dont want to try new builds or different weapons then the game will be boring

Veelk

Banned
I'm mixing it up. Using Chikage and Ludwig's Holy Blade and Burial Blade and so on. I really like the Amygdala arm. Really like it. But in the end, I just need a break so the enemies feel fresh to me.

Hell, I'm probably going to get DS3 for that alone, the availability of a good giant sword just determines whether I get to have my Guts build.

Ok, so I am trying to get back into the game after not having played for a very long time. I think I'd only killed 5 or so bosses, so I'm considering just starting a new game. I have a few questions if people have a few minutes to answer.

1) Is restarting a good idea? I think I left off in the frontier. I know I killed Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne, Blood-starved Beast, Vicar Amelia and the dude on the gatling gun in the one area, if he counts as a boss.

2) Are the beginner's guides still up-to-date with the patches? I'm not sure how much has changed, and I'd guess that most of them are still valid.

3) Should I pick up the DLC prior to starting a new game (or if I continue from where I am)?

Ok, so I am trying to get back into the game after not having played for a very long time. I think I'd only killed 5 or so bosses, so I'm considering just starting a new game. I have a few questions if people have a few minutes to answer.

1) Is restarting a good idea? I think I left off in the frontier. I know I killed Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne, Blood-starved Beast, Vicar Amelia and the dude on the gatling gun in the one area, if he counts as a boss.

2) Are the beginner's guides still up-to-date with the patches? I'm not sure how much has changed, and I'd guess that most of them are still valid.

3) Should I pick up the DLC prior to starting a new game (or if I continue from where I am)?

1.- If you dont remember all the path you did, yes. you are not so far away from the early game

2.- The League patch added more NPCs summons to deal with early bosses, Chalices coop got fixed, outside that just some balances in weapons

3.-The DLC starts right after Vicar Amelia but the content is recommended for 80 Lv players with late game upgrades (+9 weapons)

Banzai

I finally bought Old Hunters when it was on sale recently...only to realize i borrowed my Bloodborne copy to my brother. Kinda my biggest reason to go home over Easter right now lol.

grmlin

What's a very long time? I think it may be a good idea to start from scratch to get used to Bloodborne again :D

I finished the fishing hamlet yesterday (without the boss though) and woah, that was an awesome level. One of my favorites in this game.

A question though: I found a pretty nice gem boosting damage against Kin. Is everything Kin that is not a beast or is it only the aliens?

Soulhouf

A question though: I found a pretty nice gem boosting damage against Kin. Is everything Kin that is not a beast or is it only the aliens?

As far as I'm concerned these are of the Kin type: Brainsucker, Celestial Emissary, Rom and Ebrietas.
In this game there are Beasts, Kin and Others types. Humains for example are in the Others category.

grmlin

As far as I'm concerned these are of the Kin type: Brainsucker, Celestial Emissary, Rom and Ebrietas.
In this game there are Beasts, Kin and Others types. Humains for example are in the Others category.

Thanks! So this will be a "equip for boss fight"-gem :)

taybul

Just started Beasthood/Claws run and I'm absolutely getting destroyed by kin in the Research Hall. Hate to say it but I've died to Living Failures 4-5 times now. Are kin supposed to be particularly strong to beasts? Any suggestions for mitigating their damage?

L
udwig
is regarded as one of the best bosses, right? I say this as someone that loves the game, but I really didn't enjoy it. Another hyperaggressive boss with attacks that have stupid range, and one that never shuts up with the fucking screaming. I do like the spectacle of it (music, visuals), but man. All the screaming makes me reach for the aspirin.

taybul

L
udwig
is regarded as one of the best bosses, right? I say this as someone that loves the game, but I really didn't enjoy it. Another hyperaggressive boss with attacks that have stupid range, and one that never shuts up with the fucking screaming. I do like the spectacle of it (music, visuals), but man. All the screaming makes me reach for the aspirin.

Can't possibly be as bad L
aurence
regarding screaming. I personally love the fight, probably my favorite in the game. A lot of his attacks could be avoided by dodging right under him. Second phase requires specific timing on dodging which will often catch you if you're just spamming.

Can't possibly be as bad L
aurence
regarding screaming. I personally love the fight, probably my favorite in the game. A lot of his attacks could be avoided by dodging right under him.

I'm only one boss into the DLC after coming back to the game, so I haven't seen (heard) it yet. Guess I'll pop an Excedrin before each boss. :)

L
udwig

He is riding a H
orse
, you have to kill it first

Caja 117

Last night Completed the Unseen Village, only missing the boss fight, decided to go back to start doing Upper Cathedral ward., How far Am I on finishing the game?

grmlin

you can also talk to him wearing a church attire 😉

Something else: do chalice dungeons scale in new game plus(es)? I would love to finish the game before diving into them.

taybul

you can also talk to him wearing a church attire 😉

Something else: do chalice dungeons scale in new game plus(es)? I would love to finish the game before diving into them.

No, chalice dungeons are completely independent and do not scale with NG+.

L
udwig
I go back between loving and hating Ludwig. I think when he starts doing the geyser and charge attacks is when I get annoyed because I have to force my self to be patient after being extremely aggressive at the start of the fight.

And I agree on the screaming. There's a reason people have referred to him as the rape horse. Music is great though

I go back between loving and hating Ludwig. I think when he starts doing the geyser and charge attacks is when I get annoyed because I have to force my self to be patient after being extremely aggressive at the start of the fight.

And I agree on the screaming. There's a reason people have referred to him as the rape horse. Music is great though
The reason is actually pretty obvious if you've read Berserk.

The DLC areas are beautiful. 3 bosses down of 5 I guess. The last one seemed to have some sweet looking attacks, but was probably the easiest boss to parry so far, so it wasn't bad. I'm very impressed with the DLC at this point, I guess I just wish there was more integrated into the main game. It almost feels like I'm playing Bloodborne 2, if that makes any sense.

Teeth

A stupid question for anyone in here:

If I don't have PS+, will I still be able to get messages left by other players (I'm assuming not)?

What is that exactly? I see it mentioned here and in Souls threads but never new what it was. I thought it was because of the screams.
It's a manga. A lot of the artistic elements of the Souls series can be found in Berserk. It was actually quite funny reading Berserk while playing Bloodborne and picking up on the Berserk references.
jacket.aspx

Top Bottom