• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

OK, the Brainsucker's grab is definitely super duper bullshit. I just hit one while it was lunging, IT STAGGERED, and still got credit for grabbing me.

I finally killed that first defiled boss. Idk why I was having such a hard time on her before but by
by baiting her running attack and hitting with 1h R2 attack
, she went down quickly.

Vroadstar

Just a question, is it possible to beat every boss fight with this one strategy of just by standing in front of them swing your sword around and occasionally dodge when they attack?

Late Flag

Well okay, Pthumerian Descendant in the last chalice is kicking my ass. I can't get the parry timing down to save my life. Gonna pillar-cheese this guy tomorrow. If his knives can clip through bricks, then I'm going to exploit the fuck of this environment.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yyyyyeeeeepppp. Guess I'm in for a fight.

I will blame this on the fact that I was drinking, but...I'm not sure what possessed me to send a guy that was eating people when I found him to the chapel.

DrkSage

OK so I'm thinking on getting into PvP and doing build now. Im thinking of a just Skill one to start with the Threaded Cane and then possibly switch to the Burial blade.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Professional
Vit:35
End:40
Str:9
Skl:50
Bldtng:18
Arc:8
=Lvl 110

Is this good for a skill build around the Cane and Burial blade?

OK so I'm thinking on getting into PvP and doing build now. Im thinking of a just Skill one to start with the Threaded Cane and then possibly switch to the Burial blade.

Professional
=Lvl 110

Str needs to be a 10 to us the bb I would switch vit and end stats

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Frenzy must be one of the most retarded status effects in an RPG/game ever.

I mean, really. You are going crazy because you're seeing things and for some reason that makes your head entire body explode in blood?

Toxi

Banned
Frenzy must be one of the most retarded status effects in an RPG/game ever.

I mean, really. You are going crazy because you're seeing things and for some reason that makes your head entire body explode in blood?
Your head explodes from the strain of trying to comprehend what the hell is going on.

Toxi

Banned
Just a question, is it possible to beat every boss fight with this one strategy of just by standing in front of them swing your sword around and occasionally dodge when they attack?
...No, not really. In fact, it's suicidal against a few bosses (
Amygdala's final phase
comes to mind).

Professional
=Lvl 110

I highly recommend 45 to 50 vit for PVP. The type of damage people can do with blood gems is crazy. At 35 or even 40 youll be getting 2/3 shot by some people. Especially when you invade or are up against Chikage+Evelyn users

I find 25 Vit to be enough because you can also equip the Metamorphosis runes for more. Then put whatever you have left over into Vit.

kowhai

OK, I've been stuck on Blood Starved Beast for over a week.

Today I finally killed the bastard. Not ashamed to say that I did a victory lap around the living room. This game.

E92 M3

Today I finally killed the bastard. Not ashamed to say that I did a victory lap around the living room. This game.

Good that you kept at it and didn't resort to co-op. It's a wonderful feeling indeed and is one of the best parts of these types of games.

JackEtc

DONE!

Got the ending where I fought G
herman
. The end of the game really snuck up on me.....I'm almost sad it's over :( I guess I always have NG+!

DrkSage

I highly recommend 45 to 50 vit for PVP. The type of damage people can do with blood gems is crazy. At 35 or even 40 youll be getting 2/3 shot by some people. Especially when you invade or are up against Chikage+Evelyn users

I find 25 Vit to be enough because you can also equip the Metamorphosis runes for more. Then put whatever you have left over into Vit.

Hmm ok, so a Level 120 seems more Convenient then. That's the agreed cap for PvP right?

Even though I've played through the game once already and know what's going to happen, I'm still consistently creeped out on my second playthrough. The atmosphere is just perfect.

Professional
=Lvl 110

You don't need that much Endurance, since it regens so fast and Threaded Cane uses little Stamina. I have mine at 30 or 32 and have no problems. Like the other poster said, more Vitality is important.

Also, JackEtc, you might wanna fix your spoiler tag.

Saint9806

I find it hard to believe that using that one simple strategy will work as well, especially with regard to boss fights but apparently a gaffer beat every boss in NG+, NG++, NG+++ using that one strategy and hold it...... not dying even once!

That's pretty crazy. If you find a video, I'd love to see how he did it.

Xeteh

That is awesome. Good on you for keeping at it solo, not that there's anything wrong with co-op'ing but that feeling of finally beating a boss on your own is awesome. Is Bloodborne your first From Soft game?

Whoever thought up that pvp chalice dungeon, awesome idea been having a blast fighting people in it. I just got to learn to stop being so impatient.

Sayad

I find it hard to believe that using that one simple strategy will work as well, especially with regard to boss fights but apparently a gaffer beat every boss in NG+, NG++, NG+++ using that one strategy and hold it...... not dying even once!
Unless he was ridiculously overpowered(for NG+, probably with item dub glitch), I don't see it. I can think of few bosses with attacks that can't be dodged if you're standing within attacking range in front of them.

I'm in new game and Eileen is not where she should be when you first meet her....whats the deal?
Keep visiting the second spot she appear in
(cathedral ward)
after each boss, I think it's possible to miss the first encounter and still complete the quest.

Xeteh

Unless he was ridiculously overpowered(for NG+, probably with item dub glitch), I don't see it. I can think of few bosses with attacks that can't be dodged if you're standing within attacking range in front of them.

Which bosses? You get i-frames with dodge so I find it hard to believe there are bosses that punish that.

Man I just fixed my ps4 and TV rgb settings after reading the related thread and what a difference playing Bloodborne... I can see well now in Dark areas and the colors pop up beautifully.

mulac

So now I've beaten the Cleric Beast I can't stop thinking about next steps. I spent some time last night after that epic battle levelling up and farming echo's around Central Y.

My question is...what now?
Where is the best spot to farm echo's efficiently to level up and upgrade my weapons etc.
Don't mind spending an hour or so just repeat, kill, repeat, kill, etc...before progressing.

I know I have to find Father Gasgoine so what's the best level/loadout to prepare for that fight...

Currently playing as Lone Survivor, Level 22:
Vitality = 19
Endurance = 13
Strength = 16
Skill = 10 (havent levelled this up)

I bought the Kirkhammer and am playing with the Whip and Blunderbuss at the moment. Bought the hunter clothes aswell...

You'd think that Scrawnton fellow, if that's who it is from this thread, would have shared/uploaded such accomplishments. Or taken part here about it.

Idk, maybe I'm just a bitter skeptic having, while hardly needing more than two attempts for most bosses, my current issues in the chalice dungeons.

Edit: Wonder why that thread was closed...though I feel we just had that same thread a week ago, except it was 'a few weeks' instead of 'one month' for the impressions timeframe. Maybe that was it.

So now I've beaten the Cleric Beast I can't stop thinking about next steps. I spent some time last night after that epic battle levelling up and farming echo's around Central Y.

Where is the best spot to farm echo's efficiently to level up and upgrade my weapons etc.
Don't mind spending an hour or so just repeat, kill, repeat, kill, etc...before progressing.

I know I have to find Father Gasgoine so what's the best level/loadout to prepare for that fight...

Vitality = 19
Endurance = 13
Strength = 16

I bought the Kirkhammer and am playing with the Whip and Blunderbuss at the moment. Bought the hunter clothes aswell...

You're pretty much ready for the fight, level wise. It's all about execution and timing for the fight now. If you want, you can try to farm blood shards from the 2 enemies right near Father G's fog door and try to upgrade a weapon you like. But that might take a while. Just kill Father G to open up a new area.

Toxi

Banned

Vitality = 19
Endurance = 13
Strength = 16

You're definitely ready. Only think I'd recommend is to upgrade whichever right-hand weapon you favor in the Hunter's Dream with any shards you have lying around if you haven't already.

Top Bottom