• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Noobcraft

Her charge has several hits though. So yeah, if you just dodge backwards she's still gonna hit you but any attack that has forward momentum should be dodged foward/to the side.
True, but within hitting range she's sometimes wide enough that a dodge to the side isn't enough to get out of the way.

Her charge has several hits though. So yeah, if you just dodge backwards she's still gonna hit you but any attack that has forward momentum should be dodged foward/to the side.

What I'm understanding by what they're saying is that if you are in range to attack her, no dodging of any sort will allow you to avoid it. You need to be about mid range at least to have the timing to avoid those hits in my experience, and I found her to be an easy boss with the huge telegraphing and easy to avoid attacks overall.

Xeteh

True, but within hitting range she's sometimes wide enough that a dodge to the side isn't enough to get out of the way.

Yeah, that definitely happens but the timing is just really tight. Ideally you should wait until the last possible moment to dodge to the side to avoid her. Obviously it is harder in practice than it is in theory.

What I'm understanding by what they're saying is that if you are in range to attack her, no dodging of any sort will allow you to avoid it. You need to be about mid range at least to have the timing to avoid those hits.

Does she actually charge you if you're in melee range, though? I've killed her a few times on different characters and I feel like the only time she charges is if you try to get outside of her melee range. I could be wrong, I just haven't experienced it.

Yeah, that definitely happens but the timing is just really tight. Ideally you should wait until the last possible moment to dodge to the side to avoid her. Obviously it is harder in practice than it is in theory.

Does she actually charge you if you're in melee range, though? I've killed her a few times on different characters and I feel like the only time she charges is if you try to get outside of her melee range. I could be wrong, I just haven't experienced it.

You could accidentally trigger it when moving in to attack, thus finding yourself dealing with the attack point-blank. But otherwise, yes, it isn't triggered at close quarters afaik.

Toxi

Banned
It took me a while to beat the Watchdog in the Defiled Chalice, but I'm finally free!! I got the platinum too!
Congrats. I'm still working on the platinum; I missed the Living String on my first playthrough, so I need to reach that spot of the game again in NG+ before going to the final chalice. I'm not in a rush though, I'm enjoying the Chalice Dungeons and trying out new weapons.

Toxi

Banned
What level are u guys fighting Rom at (30s, 40s?)? Currently level 21,and thinking I should just go complete those 2 optional "areas" before leveling & killing Rom. His
rock strikes
currently 1hit me.
Best I can recommend besides leveling up HP is wearing arcane resistant clothing and putting on as many arcane resistant runes as possible.

Congrats! What level/build were you?

Thanks! I was level 130. My build was mainly ludwig build with 35 str and 35 skill and 25 arcane. I went through the game three times with that character so I platinum'd it at NG++.

Congrats. I'm still working on the platinum; I missed the Living String on my first playthrough, so I need to reach that spot of the game again in NG+ before going to the final chalice. I'm not in a rush though, I'm enjoying the Chalice Dungeons and trying out new weapons.

Thanks! Yeah take your time. There is so much to do in the game and the weapons are so unique.

Okay so it seems if you keep hitting Father G when he is transforming it will result into two Father Gs... The beast and human form... Very odd glitch

Onemic

Beat Rom in 4 tries. He's actually really easy once you figure him out.(Just act like the adds arent there and just attack him) My tonitrus made quick work of him.

Btw, the flaming boulder in Ailing Loran chalice hit a scourge beast hard enough to knock it into the floor where it could still attack.

This dungeon never ceases to amaze me.

Vroadstar

You'd think that Scrawnton fellow, if that's who it is from this thread, would have shared/uploaded such accomplishments. Or taken part here about it.

Idk, maybe I'm just a bitter skeptic having, while hardly needing more than two attempts for most bosses, my current issues in the chalice dungeons.

Edit: Wonder why that thread was closed...though I feel we just had that same thread a week ago, except it was 'a few weeks' instead of 'one month' for the impressions timeframe. Maybe that was it.

Yes that gaffer in the closed thread. I really find it hard to believe, I think he was also asked for a video to support his point, but he didn't yet. I'm pretty sure most here saved a video using shareplay especially for a particular boss you are having difficulty with but eventually beaten. Loved to be proven wrong if his strategy is possible for all bosses in NG+ etc.

Mind you, I'm not really trying to discredit him but if his strategy is sound in NG+ etc. maybe I'll try it.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Man. I tried coop the other day and I am currently going through NG+ and when I went to "their world" I was weak and when I died I was sent to the Unseen Village... now I am confused what I should do... as I should be where the Church is.

I am not too understanding of how CoOp works. I heard it only works for boss fights.. which already sounds restrictive and depressing as someone who lit up at the thought of going through this fine game with another like-minded player who enjoys The Blood.

Okay I finally reached
Nightmare of Mensis
and now the game is kicking my ass gloriously. Any tips/suggestions?

I'm currently at level 72, my strength is around 32 or so, endurance is 25 and I'm using a hunter axe +8 with around 25% physical buff.

Noobcraft

I'm having a hard time with the invading other people thing lol. I have only ever killed companions because I'd feel bad setting someone back by killing them :(

Okay I finally reached
Nightmare of Mensis

I'm currently at level 72, my strength is around 32 or so, endurance is 25 and I'm using a hunter axe +8 with around 25% physical buff.

How much Vit do you have? More is always good. Make sure you have sedatives, equip the best frenzy resist attire you have (Ashen Hunter is good). Keep an eye on
the bright light coming from a window. The source of that is what causes frenzy. When you see the light, take cover behind rocks or somewhere.

Once you unlock the first shortcut, you'll never have to deal with that outdoor crap at the beginning.

Vroadstar

Okay I finally reached
Nightmare of Mensis

Had a tough time there as well, I found that it's best to equip high arcane damage resistance especially in the first part and those hateful maggots spawned after killing a darkbeast hate them.

Okay I finally reached
Nightmare of Mensis

Dash through the first part. I literally didn't fight a single enemy from the first lamp to the first shortcut that you can open up - once I did that, I went back and took my time going backwards to clean up and find any items I missed. I did that at level...65ish I believe.

How much Vit do you have? More is always good. Make sure you have sedatives, equip the best frenzy resist attire you have (Ashen Hunter is good). Keep an eye on
the bright light coming from a window. The source of that is what causes frenzy. When you see the light, take cover behind rocks or somewhere.

Once you unlock the first shortcut, you'll never have to deal with that outdoor crap at the beginning.
My Vitality is 23. I can actually rush through that frenzy part. What's kicking my ass is that
giant spider
that appears when you get inside. It can kill me in 2 hits.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Okay I finally reached
Nightmare of Mensis

Pay attention to hidden areas, while on elevators pay attention to your surroundings, look around.

There are lot's of group encounters and multiple big enemy encounters. I hope you have sedatives, a healthy stock of health restoration and skill. This place likes to chew on hunters and spit them out. I had to work my way back from half digested pulp, myself.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Beat Rom in 4 tries. He's actually really easy once you figure him out.(Just act like the adds arent there and just attack him) My tonitrus made quick work of him.

Killing his pets is slower but far more reliable imho.

There's no big secret to fighting him, results just vary because the amount of damage you receive when fighting him is simply unpredictable. For example, if you just stand still when he launches his top-down arcane bolts you won't get hit by the same number of them every time. Often you'll take one hit and the rest fall wide, sometime you'll get hit by 3 or 4 of them. Same deal with taking hits from multiple jumping pets... its random how often they select the jump move.

The reason why killing his pets works is mainly that it tends to put you at a good distance from him, in that he mixes up his meteors with the much easier to avoid arcane pillars and his big blast aoe. So long as you keep an eye on him its easy to pre-empt his attacks and respond accordingly all the while whittling down his troops and reducing the random threat they present.

This is very important in NG+ and later where zerging him down just isn't so quick and the potential to get wiped out by sheer bad luck gets higher. He can get extremely spammy at low hp too, so finishing him off while surrounded by a horde of (off-screen) pets is really rolling the dice.

Heel

I have this DLC code from pre-ordering at Best Buy. I'm not sure if you get this skin while playing the game or what, but thought I'd throw it to you guys since I'm done playing:

Top Hat Messenger skin DLC PlayStation 4 Digital Download AddOn

Quote to see. Enjoy.

Keihart

It's not so much about the hits but the hitbox, as an example, when Ebrietas charge at you, everything hits you while in movement, so you get out of the hitbox , wich is almost all her body, or you get rolled over. You can even roll and land in her side between her flaps if you calculate the travel of the roll and the timming, problem is, dodge doesn't travel that much, even if it has invencibility frames. There are lots of movements to punish you if you don't take distance in the harder bosses, another example would be Martyr Logarius, if you stay close to him too long in his first fase, he will just spam a move that does a lot of damage and covers all his front or will star to cast the giant ball on top of him wich is a pretty big and powerull aoe.

The dodge it's super useful, but i don't see how somebody could just dodge ala bayonetta and keep fighting against all bosses, even if you have the reflexes there is a big window after a dodge were you are vulnerable. Only way i see somebody oblitarating the bosses is if he has way to much damage and stamina, but idk, i'm level 70 something pure damage, and Ebrietas was no walk in the park, it felt like hunting a Tigrex for the first time on MHF2, hard as balls until you learn his moves.

Oh, and doble swipes, like the ones from the monster with the chains on his back, that mofo has an undodgeable move when close to die , you just gotta take distance or die.

yeah , i call bullshit on " i killed all bosses just atacking in front of them and dodge, oh, and i didn't die" Video proof or it didn't happen.
If the bosses were glitched, then welp, no shit.

DC1

Thanks! I was level 130. My build was mainly ludwig build with 35 str and 35 skill and 25 arcane. I went through the game three times with that character so I platinum'd it at NG++.

Thanks! Yeah take your time. There is so much to do in the game and the weapons are so unique.
Congrats man. I power leveled to 178 in fear of the defiled dungeon. Looks like I over did it!!

Juraash

Moving along at a good clip in NG+. This weekend saw the demise of
Paarl, Amygdala, Martyr, Shadow and Rom all in one.
I'm enjoying the replay a lot but I may not push it much farther after this one. I'll definitely dive into chalice stuff on this run through and then I'll have to debate doing to the save copy to get the other two endings or if I want to do it in NG++. Definitely going for the plat on this one.

Martyr Logarius is so fucking hard in NewGame++. I just need to gain acces to the illusion and get the unamed summons to unlock logarius wheel along with the platinum.

Any tips?

Martyr Logarius
is so fucking hard in NewGame++. I just need to gain acces to the illusion and get the unamed summons to unlock logarius wheel along with the platinum.

Any tips?

shoot him when he flies at you.

anytime you get hits in, 2 hits from a semi fast weapon then back out since he counters after the 2nd hit.

I use saw cleaver in first game and burial blades untransformed in ng+

The fight is more about picking the right time to go in because if you just focus on dodging you'll easily avoid like everytihng.

Toxi

Banned
Martyr Logarius
is so fucking hard in NewGame++. I just need to gain acces to the illusion and get the unamed summons to unlock logarius wheel along with the platinum.

Any tips?
If you don't care about defeating Logarius and just want the Platinum, it's possible to just get the wheel by killing Alfred after he moves to the Forbidden Woods entrance.

Congrats man. I power leveled to 178 in fear of the defiled dungeon. Looks like I over did it!!

Yeah its very doable at lower levels, but do whatever makes you feel comfortable. It is definitely the hardest chalice and probably the hardest part of the game.

Gammacide

Just got to Defiled Watchdog. That's enough for tonight. Had trouble with Keeper of the Old Lords til I started spamming
beast roar
. Holy shiz did that fight become a joke. Pure physical comedy and then I was off. :D

Fhtagn

Yes that gaffer in the closed thread. I really find it hard to believe, I think he was also asked for a video to support his point, but he didn't yet. I'm pretty sure most here saved a video using shareplay especially for a particular boss you are having difficulty with but eventually beaten. Loved to be proven wrong if his strategy is possible for all bosses in NG+ etc.

Mind you, I'm not really trying to discredit him but if his strategy is sound in NG+ etc. maybe I'll try it.

Having read that thread and being 90 hours into BB, I say it's exaggeration/hyperbole from someone who doesn't realize that the exact same hyperbole applies to Dark Souls. And/or Ludwig's Blade/Beast Claws are genuinely OP. I'd love to see some video proving how trivial NG+++ is for them.

If you find the game that easy with those weapons, wouldn't you try challenging yourself with other weapons instead of just running through so many NG+'s with the same one? The zweihander and giant club trivialized Souls 1 & 2 respectively if you were good with them. Doesn't mean those games are easy!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can't find the stage coach to cainhurst castle. And I already killed Amy but why do I still get the cutscene after that one place where he's invisible?

Toxi

Banned
I can't find the
stage coach to cainhurst castle
. And I already killed Amy but why do I still get the cutscene after that one place where he's invisible?
Go to the open area in Hemwick with the two axe executioners and walk to the big grave thingy. Make sure you already killed the Hemwick boss.

For Amy, it's because there are multiple Amys. You just killed one of them.
Really???????? Omg
Yep. Just make sure Alfred's moved to his second location; he'll only drop Fire Paper where you originally meet him.

Top Bottom