• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Since you have a DLC item in your inventory the game instant locks your account until you buy or share the DLC

That's so dumb. It should just lock the character who picked up the eye, not the whole game.

Anyway after looking into it I think the only way seems to be to make my account primary on his PS4 until he's done with the game.

Defeated The O
ne
R
eborn.
Fairly easy fight. You just have to take out those bell ringers and avoid his projectiles. I tried a falling attack from the balcony and it landed a lot of damage too.
Happy to be done with Yhar'gul. It seems like I have a lot of options on where to go now. I found
a key to Upper Cathedral Ward and I think I know what door that opens. I have the Tonsil stone from the dude in the forest for an area near the Cathedral. I also have Cainhurst summons, but I have no idea where that is. I do remember a place called Cainhurst Castle from photo threads though. I can also go forward from TOR's latern.

Should I level endurance anymore? I've been getting by just fine with it at 15.

About the
Cainhurst Summons
, the item description might give you a hint on what to do. As for endurance, it's really not that important in this game unless you're using a heavy stamina eating weapon, so if you don't feel like leveling it, that's fine.

Hey where do I go after I beat d
arkness
P
aarl
?

I beat him the first time I got transported there. You need to beat
T
he
O
ne
R
eborn
now. He's another boss in that area. You
already defeated Rom
, right?

About the
Cainhurst Summons
, the item description might give you a hint on what to do. As for endurance, it's really not that important in this game unless you're using a heavy stamina eating weapon, so if you don't feel like leveling it, that's fine.

Thanks!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow what the hell? Amelia seems impossible to dodge. I'm scrubbing out so hard in this fight

oSoLucky

Wow what the hell? Amelia seems impossible to dodge. I'm scrubbing out so hard in this fight

Get up in her shit. Stay to the side and all of her attacks are much easier to dodge. She's very easy to stagger. I'm pretty sure you can break her limbs for extra damage. Some bosses reward patience, she rewards being aggressive.

The big
blob in lake that turns moons red
. Before that the
three wizards in forbidden Woods.

Not sure. Haven't been paying attention to names. Basically unseen village with red moon.

Yeah the
blobby spider in the lake
is Rom. SDR has the right instructions on how to get to the next boss above.

There is also a key located in unseen village that unlocks a door
which takes you to Upper Cathedral Ward
I can see it being kinda easy to miss so make sure to explore thoroughly!

Kid Ska

Ahh okay, makes sense I'm at like 20 insight now. Speaking of which, is there a point to not immediately using madmans knowledge? It's not like you lose it when you die like Humanity I'm Dark Souls.

SDR-UK

Ahh okay, makes sense I'm at like 20 insight now. Speaking of which, is there a point to not immediately using madmans knowledge? It's not like you lose it when you die like Humanity I'm Dark Souls.

It's encouraged after the last patch which allows you to buy chunks and rocks from the insight vendor in fact, so don't be shy about using it.

Deku Tree

The game becomes
harder different and creepier
when you have higher and higher insight.

Kid Ska

Damn I had 27000 echoes and apparently this death randomly triggers a thing that sends me to a new area? Bummer

Oh nevermind found a lamppost. I'm getting my echoes back fam

Been playing this game like crazy recently though I have been out of the loop.

Any update on whether the old glyphs to farm for the best bloodgems have been taken out of the servers. I'm considering to farm again in chalice dungeons but was wondering if the old glypjs are still working or do we have to luck it out.

jonjonaug

Some enemies in the Cathedral Ward become a bit harder at high insight and Hemwick Charnel Lane also becomes a bit harder if you haven't killed Amelia yet. High insight also makes you very susceptible to a thing called "Frenzy" (you'll find out what this does eventually if you haven't already), and high insight also lowers your "Beasthood" stat making Beast Blood Pellets harder to use.

I noticed a new insight shop in the Hunter's Dream. Is there any reason I shouldn't use insight to buy chunks, fire and bolt paper? My insight is currently at 53. I have some insight items too.

myco666

I noticed a new insight shop in the Hunter's Dream. Is there any reason I shouldn't use insight to buy chunks, fire and bolt paper? My insight is currently at 53.

You can buy Blood Rock (the +10 upgrade material which is highly limited) with 60 insight. No reason to spend it on anything else ever now.

Kid Ska

Made to boss at Nightmare of M
ensis
. Got the shortcut to him. Now to figure out how to defeat.

I'm finding myself more and more inclined to run through a lot of the enemies now. I ran all the way through the last two or three segments I have played.
Just got there too! Running might be the right idea here, honestly. Especially past the giants and through the spider room. I actually killed the big one and it just wasn't worth it. Died to the great sword guy in the next room.

Kind of a shot in the dark here, but is anyone who has already beaten/mastered the game willing to sell their guide for MSRP? Condition doesn't matter, and the ones on ebay are going for $90+

I'd pay shipping, of course.

rulerk1

Made to boss at Nightmare of M
ensis
. Got the shortcut to him. Now to figure out how to defeat.

I'm finding myself more and more inclined to run through a lot of the enemies now. I ran all the way through the last two or three segments I have played.

Yep thats how I survived that place. I also ran from the other hunters I saw too. The silverbeasts werent an issue tho.

Slaughtered
Micolos
and got the made contact gesture. That dude was probably the most annoying fight up to that point. That tentacle attack of his would come out the same time as might strike. And those dolls of his made the fight more annoying and harder than it should be. Thank god I found out how to fight him one on one during the last phase.

Also if I killed the giant spider will it respawn when I return to the place?

Deku Tree

Kind of a shot in the dark here, but is anyone who has already beaten/mastered the game willing to sell their guide for MSRP? Condition doesn't matter, and the ones on ebay are going for $90+

I'd pay shipping, of course.

No way I'm selling my guide!

BUt this website guide is very comprehensive and up to date with all the patches etc

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodborne+Wiki

The guide is out of date with the patches.

There's a finite number of Madman's Knowledge around but you can always help someone with a boss or lay a chalice dungeon to get more insight at any point. Do not be afraid to spend it.

Yeah. Its basically only finite if you play offline and don't do Chalice dungeons. Even then you could technically do NG+(++++++).

Sulik2

Is the number of insight in the game finite? I'm afraid to waste them.

Just don't let your insight get too high. Frenzy raises way faster at higher insight levels. I found the Nightmare Frontier impossible when I first went there because my insight was too high to deal with frenzy. So keep that in mind. Don't use your Madmens until you are ready to buy something.

Just don't let your insight get too high. Frenzy raises way faster at higher insight levels. I found the Nightmare Frontier impossible when I first went there because my insight was too high to deal with frenzy. So keep that in mind. Don't use your Madmens until you are ready to buy something.
You can buy stuff with them? I thought they are just being used for summoning NPCs for help.

Deku Tree

You can buy stuff with them? I thought they are just being used for summoning NPCs for help.

Yeah there is another vendor in the hunters dream that sells stuff for insight nearby the top of the chalice dungeon tombstones.
Also a hidden vendor in chalice dungeons I think.

SDR-UK

Does Q
ueen
A
nnalise
drop anything worthwhile if you kill her?

She drops
Queenly Flesh
which is a key item that is used to
revive her
. This also happens in a specific quest with some NPC in the game.

And some paltry amount of blood echoes, about 5000 if memory serves.

Well i just picked up and played through the expansion. Overall i was very underwhelmed, especially after the excellent Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 expansions. I really loved some of the new areas but the entire thing felt very disjointed and anti-climatic. I also found it very easy, I think i died about 5 times throughout while getting all the trophies and finishing the entire thing in about 5 hours. Though i have been playing soulbournes games quite a lot this past month, and the speed and ease is likely attributed to that.

Perhaps next time i start up a fresh game and having the DLC weapons to play with in the base game will add more value, we'll see.

I'm curious as to what others thought of it?

SDR-UK

It has been universally praised as being the best part of Bloodborne for most and I am in total agreement. The bosses were a step above those found in the main game, barring the
Living Failures
. The combination of
Ludwig, Laurence and Kos
just make this for me. I'm curious to hear - what difficulty did you delve in (NG? NG+?) on and what level? It amazes me you only died five times!

She drops
Queenly Flesh
which is a key item that is used to
revive her
. This also happens in a specific quest with some NPC in the game.

And some paltry amount of blood echoes, about 5000 if memory serves.

Thanks.

So N
ightmare
F
rontier
is the invasion hotspot it seems. Just got my first two there.

Frenzy builds so quickly at 60+.

SDR-UK

ARGGH!

Just a yes and no will suffice...is there a way to stop Wet N
urse from cloning herself
?

Yes.

You can stagger her out of the animation by repeatedly hitting her quickly.

EDIT: I noticed we are edging ever closer to 200 pages, any ideas for the new OT title?

I loved the DLC. Only complaint was that I wanted more of it!

Screw Larry, everyone hates Larry.

ARGGH!

Just a yes and no will suffice...is there a way to stop Wet N
urse from cloning herself
?

Kill her faster, I was able to do it in coop. Hitting her often wont let her phase and the boss have low health but if is your first run I higly doubt you can do that, dont forget her shadow disappear with one hit regardless

Does Q
ueen
A
nnalise
drop anything worthwhile if you kill her?

Nope

One shotted A
mygdala.

Just got to U
pper
C
athedral
W
ard.
This area seems like it's going to be a lot tougher than the others from the way the first two enemies hit.

It has been universally praised as being the best part of Bloodborne for most and I am in total agreement. The bosses were a step above those found in the main game, barring the
Living Failures
. The combination of
Ludwig, Laurence and Kos
just make this for me. I'm curious to hear - what difficulty did you delve in (NG? NG+?) on and what level? It amazes me you only died five times!

Honestly i'm a little surprised to hear its universally praised. I did read a few reviews prior to going in and saw them strong enough, but after playing through it I thought the general (or at least GAF) consensus would be a little more critical of its faults.

I went in on NG+ at level 110 or so. I wouldn't say i'm especially good at the soulsboune games but i'm not exaggerating when stating my deaths. I did summon for K
os
and L
aurence
though. All the bosses except for M
aria
and L
udwig
felt so underwhelming to me. Two of the five bosses being rehashes was pretty disappointing too. It also just sort of ended. I didn't feel like there was any build up to the finale with the exception of M
aria
warning you to
leave corpses alone, which i assume is in relation to KOS and something about secrets best left uncovered
. It really added so little to the lore too, it could have touched some so many fascinating story threads (like Artorias of the Abyss), instead it really did nothing. Don't get me wrong i appreciate the esoteric storytelling of the franchise, but this just felt pointless.

The more i reflect on it the less i think of it.

Maybe i've just been playing too much of the franchise, perhaps i'll see it in a better light next time i revisit it.

Honestly i'm a little surprised to hear its universally praised. I did read a few reviews prior to going in and saw them strong enough, but after playing through it I thought the general (or at least GAF) consensus would be a little more critical of its faults.

I went in on NG+ at level 110 or so. I wouldn't say i'm especially good at the soulsboune games but i'm not exaggerating when stating my deaths. I did summon for K
os
and L
aurence
though. All the bosses except for M
aria
and L
udwig
felt so underwhelming to me. Two of the five bosses being rehashes was pretty disappointing too. It also just sort of ended. I didn't feel like there was any build up to the finale with the exception of M
aria
warning you to
leave corpses alone, which i assume is in relation to KOS and something about secrets best left uncovered
. It really added so little to the lore too, it could have touched some so many fascinating story threads (like Artorias of the Abyss), instead it really did nothing. Don't get me wrong i appreciate the esoteric storytelling of the franchise, but this just felt pointless.

The more i reflect on it the less i think of it.

Maybe i've just been playing too much of the franchise, perhaps i'll see it in a better light next time i revisit it.

heh, Dark Souls 3 adds nothing to the table which for me is the weakest of Souls series and is pretty obvious even with Miyazaki at charge they dont know how to make a proper storytelling without relying into backstory to hold up everything

Kid Ska

Ugh. Really wish I did the D
arkbeast
P
aarl
fight while I still had the H
ypogean
G
aol
lamp.

Wtf was that C
elestial
E
missary
fight. Literally, the easiest boss in the entire game.

Edit: Oh there's another boss
if you break the window.
Got her my second try.
Those blasts at the end nearly killed me.
Whew.

Top Bottom