• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

He should be in the first place you met him if
you exhausted his dialogue in the throne room. Check to make sure he's not still there.
Yep,
the Vileblood Queen is sitting in her throne. I revived here earlier.
. I talked to him until he started to repeat, and left. He just won't show up here again for some reason...

So I finished the game earlier, and I believe I'm slightly disappointed.

I feel like the first half of the game was far more enjoyable than the back half.

Also this is going to sound stupid coming from a person who's played every Souls game, but I feel like this one had too many things you could accidentally skip.

Toxi

Banned
Yep,
the Vileblood Queen is sitting in her throne. I revived here earlier.
. I talked to him until he started to repeat, and left. He just won't show up here again for some reason...
Huh.
He should be on the side of the building that leads to Old Yharnam from Cathedral Ward. If he isn't, you've encountered a nasty glitch.

I feel like the first half of the game was far more enjoyable than the back half.

Also this is going to sound stupid coming from a person who's played every Souls game, but I feel like this one had too many things you could accidentally skip.
Who did you fight as the final boss?

Rozart

So, I was exploring
Mendis's Loft: Middle lamp
after fighting
Micolash
last night and consequently, experienced my very first invasion. I've never liked invasions in Dark Souls but this guy treated the duel in a suitably gracious manner, with polite bows and all. And he ultimately won in the end, fair and square.

Respawned and I'm off trawling the place in search of the bell-ringing lady. Surprise-surprise, I get invaded again. By the same guy. This time 'round though, I'm fighting a Brain Trust and chugging down sedatives when the invader finds me. Panicked, I start dodging like a madman to get away from the both of them.

He strangely enough didn't attack me. Instead, he runs past the enemies and waits ahead as I clear the area. With the area all cleared, I assumed that we'd be dueling there but he waves at me to follow him.

The guy brought me to a lever contraption, a locked gate and eventually, led me to the blood stone. He did kill me as soon I picked it up and made me drop 90,000 blood echoes in the process (which I did manage to recover) but I still thought it was a really nice gesture.

This had to be the nicest invasion I've ever experienced in a Souls game. So yes, thanks for the strange co-op invasion, Jay. And also the bloodstone.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Good lord... this Chalice Dungeon Abhorrent Beast fight... I just can't do it. I'm level 125 and well into NG+. I've never gotten stuck on a boss fight up until this. I've probably tried it near twenty times and just can't seem to get a read on this fucker. Seems like even when I'm playing flawlessly he just unleashes some instant massive damage area attack.

I can get him into the last 30% or so most of the time, but I really can't read him from there. This fight is nuts.

Huh.
He should be on the side of the building that leads to Old Yharnam from Cathedral Ward. If he isn't, you've encountered a nasty glitch.

Who did you fight as the final boss?
Sigh...I was in the wrong place this whole time lol. Thanks for the help. I'd have been running in circles.

liquidtmd

Banned
The guy brought me to a lever contraption, a locked gate and eventually, led me to the blood stone. He did kill me as soon I picked it up and made me drop 90,000 blood echoes in the process (which I did manage to recover) but I still thought it was a really nice gesture.

This had to be the nicest invasion I've ever experienced in a Souls game. So yes, thanks for the strange co-op invasion, Jay. And also the bloodstone.

I completely dig this, rings very true :)

"HE KILLED ME BUT HE DID IT NICELY!!!"

Lol

Toxi

Banned
Good lord... this Chalice Dungeon Abhorrent Beast fight... I just can't do it. I'm level 125 and well into NG+. I've never gotten stuck on a boss fight up until this. I've probably tried it near twenty times and just can't seem to get a read on this fucker. Seems like even when I'm playing flawlessly he just unleashes some instant massive damage area attack.

I can get him into the last 30% or so most of the time, but I really can't read him from there. This fight is nuts.
Quick-step forward and left to dodge when you're close. Take a few swings after dodging, then either back up or if you're feeling gutsy, dodge the inevitable backhand. Be patient and don't get greedy.

Only heal when he's in an attack animation, because he will immediately charge at you when you heal. The worst part of the fight is when he hits you down; get away as fast as you can so you don't get murdered, but don't heal until you know you'll be able to do it without him hitting you.

...All of them?
Beast Claw is cool tho.

Putty

Those guys are the worst. Once I had the Deep Sea rune with frenzy RES +200, I never swapped out for it. That and have sedatives ready on your quick menu.
Well, I'm just thinking of running through them all to get the items and to get rid of the big huge things that drops. Sucks though as 10k blobs is a huge amount to run past! I don't mind the frenzy aspect, I'm just too slow with my attacks, they eventually grab me and it's then curtains.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Go to the open area in Hemwick with the two axe executioners and walk to the big grave thingy. Make sure you already killed the Hemwick boss.

For Amy, it's because there are multiple Amys. You just killed one of them.

Thanks. So much to keep track of in this game, so easy to miss things. It really needs an in-game encyclopedia.

Wohoooo! What a ride.

The hunt is officially over.

hrrP4YW.jpg

You could also just poison him to death. Should take less than 15 poison knifes. When he whiffs with big combos and slows down, smack him a couple times to speed this process.

Wohoooo! What a ride.

The hunt is officially over.

hrrP4YW.jpg

Welcome to the club.

Rozart

I completely dig this, rings very true :)

"HE KILLED ME BUT HE DID IT NICELY!!!"

Lol

If I didn't manage to recover that 90,000 blood echoes though, I might have been singing a different tune... :p

But seriously though, he made me feel all comfy and happy before he slit my throat. I appreciate that. Take note invaders. That's how you should treat your potential victims.

I just died 3 times to the Witches of Hemwick tonight. Guess it's time to turn in my Hunter Badge.

(In my defense my mind was more focused on stressing about final exams than it was playing Bloodborne.)

Everything in that trailer is in the game. Maybe some enemy placement is a bit different, but the areas are all there.

edit- beaten by a pyromancer

I have my Pyromancy of the Great Swamp, so I can usually manage, with a bit of care.

The underwater looking bit. What's the story with that?

That's the Tomb of Oedon, it just has a weird effect over the video.

Yeah, it's not actually underwater.

Toxi

Banned
Cool, thanks. I still don't really get the point of storage lol
Two main purposes

• Letting you have more items than it would be balanced to carry on your person
  • Letting you get rid of items you don't want to scroll through in your inventory

Sayad

Which bosses? You get i-frames with dodge so I find it hard to believe there are bosses that punish that.
Sorry for the late replay, just saw your post. Attacks with active hurtbox that last longer than your dodge(like Amygdala's hand stomps in later form) can't be dodged without getting away from the boss, bosses with fast attack spam during their rage mode where you'd get hit by another attack while you're still in dodge recovery. There are also long active AOE attacks that you have to get away from.

Roussow

Played for a good 90-odd hours now, I'm wondering, how would everyone rank the weapons?

For my money, I'd go:

1: Saw Cleaver -- extremely versatile move-set, with effective vertical and horizontal swings on each weapon form. Probably the most practical at it's base form, just R1'ing most enemies is so damn good! I picked it as my starting weapon and it carried me single handily through at least 60 hours of my playtime.

2: Ludwigs Holy Blade -- Not a huge fan of the standard long-sword, but the greatsword form is phenomenal, this would have been the kirkhammers slot were it not for Ludwigs charged R2 advantage. Pulling it off and going right into a visceral off pure damage nets the best feeling of satisfaction I've gotten out of Bloodborne.

3: Chikage -- Honestly I'm probably better with the Hunters Axe or the Tonitrus, but the transformed Chikage is just so damn interesting conceptually. The blood dripping from the blade while your health deteriorates might not sound like fun, but running around un-sheathing the blade, getting a few swift hits in, and then sheathing it before the enemy vaporises while noticing your health has barley ticked down just makes you feel like a bad-ass.

I-hate-u

I don't care what y'all say, I loved the witch boss fight, and Hemwick Charnel lane is one of my favorite visually appealing levels in the game

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I think tonight I'm going to make a compilation video in Share Factory of all the invaders my friend and I have mashed into the ground while cooping. It's always funny when the sinister bell rings, and then he and I just start getting all pumped up and start arming what we need and transforming our weapons in unison. We're all like "Alright, let's do this" over the mic.

It always feels mad epic.

Toxi

Banned
What's a vileblood again? Is it humans mixed with blood from the great ones?
It's unclear.
Alfred claims the vilebloods were started when tainted blood was brought to Castle Cainhurst and the vilebloods take pride in how their blood is "corrupted". However, it's probably not the blood of the Great Ones that the Healing Church had a problem with, since they're based around ministering the Old Blood and deifying the Great Ones. Rather, it was probably some other problem with the blood.
Played for a good 90-odd hours now, I'm wondering, how would everyone rank the weapons?

For my money, I'd go:
Out of the ones I've used...

3. Kirkhammer: Just incredibly satisfying to use

2. Threaded Cane: The whip mode is surprisingly fun

1. Beast Claw: So satisfying to go beast mode

takriel

I absolutely LOVED the insane Lovecraftian turnaround in the second half of the game. So good!

Mogwai

I don't care what y'all say, I loved the witch boss fight, and Hemwick Charnel lane is one of my favorite visually appealing levels in the game

I agree on Hemwick. The boss might not be the most impressive, but the area just nails the atmopshere 100% and then some. It's also very cool that you can go there before night time.

joecanada

OK so I'm thinking on getting into PvP and doing build now. Im thinking of a just Skill one to start with the Threaded Cane and then possibly switch to the Burial blade.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Professional
Vit:35
End:40
Str:9
Skl:50
Bldtng:18
Arc:8
=Lvl 110

Is this good for a skill build around the Cane and Burial blade?

If you are just maxing skill it's ok but I'd say you don't need that much endurance. I have similar build but only 20 end and I beefed up bldt a bunch with that. And arcane a bit too.

Also check out the blade of mercy and riflespear, having a blast

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

For my money, I'd go:

1: Saw Cleaver -- extremely versatile move-set, with effective vertical and horizontal swings on each weapon form. Probably the most practical at it's base form, just R1'ing most enemies is so damn good! I picked it as my starting weapon and it carried me single handily through at least 60 hours of my playtime.

2: Ludwigs Holy Blade -- Not a huge fan of the standard long-sword, but the greatsword form is phenomenal, this would have been the kirkhammers slot were it not for Ludwigs charged R2 advantage. Pulling it off and going right into a visceral off pure damage nets the best feeling of satisfaction I've gotten out of Bloodborne.

3: Chikage -- Honestly I'm probably better with the Hunters Axe or the Tonitrus, but the transformed Chikage is just so damn interesting conceptually. The blood dripping from the blade while your health deteriorates might not sound like fun, but running around un-sheathing the blade, getting a few swift hits in, and then sheathing it before the enemy vaporises while noticing your health has barley ticked down just makes you feel like a bad-ass.

Ludwig is definitely my #1, and I started the game with the Saw Cleaver, and switched to the Saw Spear early on. Once I got Ludwig, I never looked back.

Paarl is kicking my ass and im lvl 40 already
N7ZURZd.png
. Cannot see shit when im close. Im swinging and and whiffing most of the time. It is very agile too. Crap.

Got invaded by some guy earlier. He swings the ultra greatsword, i dodge to his side, quick attack with blades of mercy, on my screen im behind him. Next thing ive been parried and stabbed in the chest. 1 HP left, roll away, electricity strikes me without him even swinging.

Toxi

Banned
Paarl is kicking my ass and im lvl 40 already
N7ZURZd.png
. Cannot see shit when im close. Im swinging and and whiffing most of the time. It is very agile too. Crap.
Get under him and don't lock on. Locking on will make you aim for the center of the body and whiff, when you really want to be hitting the legs. Wear lightning resistant armor if possible (Henryk's set is great).

Top Bottom