• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Went back to
Cainhurst
to grab some gear I missed the first time. and immediately got wrecked several times by the first enemies (spider humans) in the area. Weird, I didn't really have a problem with them last time. o-o

Also.. where/when do I get blood rocks?

There is one Blood Rock in the main game, in
Nightmare of Mensis
You can randomly find them in Chalice Dungeons. You can only pick up one Blood Rock per Dungeon type (Izs, Loran, Pthumeru, etc) per character per NG cycle. If you pick up a Blood Rock in a certain chalice type, the next time you find what is supposed to be a Blood Rock will be a Great Madman's Knowledge instead.

Here are some chalice glyphs for dungeons containing them: http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/341kex/if_you_havent_got_your_bloodrocks_from_the/

myco666

Went back to
Cainhurst
to grab some gear I missed the first time. and immediately got wrecked several times by the first enemies (spider humans) in the area. Weird, I didn't really have a problem with them last time. o-o

Also.. where/when do I get blood rocks?

You get blood rock from
Nightmare of Mensis
. There is only one in the main game. You can get more from chalice dungeons.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yes, that happened to me. Just restart the game.
Happened to me in NG+ (was fine in NG and later in NG++). Tried restarting but it didn't work. Oh well, at least TOR is easy.

There is one Blood Rock in the main game, in
Nightmare of Mensis
You can randomly find them in Chalice Dungeons.

Here are some chalice glyphs for dungeons containing them: http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/c...ocks_from_the/
You get blood rock from . There is only one in the main game. You can get more from chalice dungeons.
To add to that, you can only get up to 3 blood rocks from chalice dungeons, since you can't get more than one per chalice type (Pthumeru, Ailing Loran and Isz). If you use a different glyph for the same type, even if it's on a different layer, the treasure will be a Great One Wisdom instead of a rock. :(

KOMANI

KOMANI
Do you find people to coop? I am level 238 and every time is harder to give/get help

From should unlock the 10 level difference to give/get help , its fine for invasions in order to give fair chance to both parts but for coop From should let anyone abobe your level be ing avaliable to help you,
No, but to be fair, I don't search. I made a second character for co op. My regret is I never did pvp
Level 541?! Just how many hours have you been playing? Are you on like New Game +++++ or something? Speaking of which, where does this game max out when it comes to New Game + difficulties?
I grinded to level 200 is my first play through. In my second play through I just speed run the game for a blood rock and trophy. On my third, I hit level 300... Then I used the forbiden woods caged dog trick to gain 800,000,000 echoes to level everything to 99.
I haven't noticed things getting more difficult, but what I did notice was I got more blood echoes for slaying the same enemy at a higher playthrough. Just a few thousand more. Iirc, the black Knights with the axe dropped 97,000 blood echoes at one point, then 101,000 the next ng+.
I've lost track at which ng+ I'm at. I'm currently farming for chunks and gems. I'm looking for anything higher than 21% phy attack. If anyone knows if there are such gems, please let me know. Thank you.

E92 M3

Happened to me in NG+ (was fine in NG and later in NG++). Tried restarting but it didn't work. Oh well, at least TOR is easy.

To add to that, you can only get up to 3 blood rocks from chalice dungeons, since you can't get more than one per chalice type (Pthumeru, Ailing Loran and Isz). If you use a different glyph for the same type, even if it's on a different layer, the treasure will be a Great One Wisdom instead of a rock. :(

Wait, there is a limit on rock farming for dungeons? Is this per playthrough?

I just beat the game the other night and reading through this thread I realized I totally missed Cainhurst Castle and Nightmare Frontier on my first playthrough. I'm on to NG+ now so I'll definitely have to hit those areas up on my second go-around.

Alebrije

that's nuts I have 2 moon runes and I usually go through
margos middle
and kill the katana guys and the three pigs and get about 60K but the other day each pig gave me over 12K. I odnt know whats going on.
I'll try Yahargul.

If you have the 3 moon rubes you get 51421 for each pig on N+, but e en without the runes is a great spot to farm since on a few minutes you farm a lot of echoes witout fighting two pigs and mages.

You star the área, kill the firsth 3 mages and the pig , the star running toward the two pigs, pasa them and they will follow you keep run ing toward the mages pass them and go where the bridge is, by this time the pigs and mages will be fighting each other , usually the mages kill the pigs but they lost a lot of hp so you can easily kill them. After you killed all of them go down the elevator to reach the lamp and repeat the process

tcrunch

Got a lot done this past weekend with my L20 guy: Ebrietas, Bloodletting Beast (lower pthu ver), and all the Hintertomb/Lower Hintertomb bosses. Feeling stronk.

Of course the guy I leveled up to L20 for in the first place, G
ehrman
, I still haven't beaten after dozens of tries.

I dry my tears.

And move onto Abhorrent Beast.

Please support me with telepathy thanks.

ryuken-d

I just beat the game the other night and reading through this thread I realized I totally missed Cainhurst Castle and Nightmare Frontier on my first playthrough. I'm on to NG+ now so I'll definitely have to hit those areas up on my second go-around.

dang, I would have missed cainhurst castle too if I didn't randomly see a youtube vid of
someone going to a certain headstone in a certain graveyard.

missing nightmare frontier is more of a surprise though. the lecture room is one of my fav spots. great atmo.

Well, the werewolves aren't nice to me. 5 runs, nothing. Few Cainhurst runs, 3 chunks...

What range should discovery be in? I can get to 218 I believe and get only shards and twin shards from the werewolves in Upper. I kept at it for at least a half hour yesterday until I got sick of getting single shards and gave up.

Will check out Cainhurst today to see what happens. On the upside, I learned how to fuck those wolves up like nobody's business.

ryuken-d

If you have the 3 moon rubes you get 51421 for each pig on N+, but e en without the runes is a great spot to farm since on a few minutes you farm a lot of echoes witout fighting two pigs and mages.

You star the área, kill the firsth 3 mages and the pig , the star running toward the two pigs, pasa them and they will follow you keep run ing toward the mages pass them and go where the bridge is, by this time the pigs and mages will be fighting each other , usually the mages kill the pigs but they lost a lot of hp so you can easily kill them. After you killed all of them go down the elevator to reach the lamp and repeat the process

nice! thanks, for some reason I just love going through that area. its easy but you have to stay on your game because four mages can wreck you if your not paying attention.

btw where did you get the 3rd moon rune? I'm on my first play though and have done everything except go though the gate in hunters dream to fight Gherman.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wait, there is a limit on rock farming for dungeons? Is this per playthrough?
Since chalice dungeons are unrelated to playthrough, no, I don't think so, but my testing was all done in NG++. Maybe I should try a different glyph in NG+++ to see if there's a difference, but I doubt it.

I don't know if there's some other way to farm unlimited blood rocks, but using this document, I tried the following glyphs, more or less in that order:
Lower Ailing Loran:
4292egu2
Isz:
rpzkeauc
3nawt3ys
fmu9qx9g

4292egu2 and rpzkeauc gave a Blood Rock. 3nawt3ys and fmu9qx9g gave a Great One's Wisdom, despite being on different layers and/or being Fetid/Rotted vs no additional rites (in the doc, those Isz glyphs don't mention being F/R but I recall one of them was when I generated it in the game). I'm pretty sure that if you try 3nawt3ys first, you'll get a Blood Rock, and then you'll get a Great One's Wisdom from rpzkeauc and any other glyph.

I haven't tried yet but I'm assuming, say, 9vb3tzza (Pthumeru Ihyll) would also give a Blood Rock, since I haven't picked one up from a Pthumeru dungeon yet.

Edit:
I used a glyph for getting a rock, went to NG++ to obtain it again but there was just a Great One's Wisdom in the coffin instead.
Ah. That's what I assumed, since chalice dungeons are completely independent of NG/NG+ etc. playthroughs. I'm assuming you dismantled the glyph and re-made it, as well?

Glyph can be used for free right? The damn chalice mechanic is still a tad confusing to me lol.
You need to "pay" for it only once, for that type of chalice. Basically, if you want to use, say, glyph 4jgecv28 (that's actually mine haha, I shared it 'cause it's got decent loot), which is Lower Ailing Loran (F+R), you need to create at least one Root Lower Loran chalice and probably make it F+R too (I don't know if just making it Fetid or just Rotted will work). You don't need to beat that dungeon at all, just spend the materials to make it. After that, you can use any glyph that matches these parameters (Lower Loran + F + R) at no cost. You can also dismantle a glyph and remake it if you want, and normal loot (vials etc. lying around) and the bosses will respawn, but unique loot will only be a Great One's Wisdom.

Since chalice dungeons are unrelated to playthrough, no, I don't think so, but my testing was all done in NG++. Maybe I should try a different glyph in NG+++ to see if there's a difference, but I doubt it.

I don't know if there's some other way to farm unlimited blood rocks, but using this document, I tried the following glyphs, more or less in that order:
Lower Ailing Loran:
4292egu2
Isz:
rpzkeauc
3nawt3ys
fmu9qx9g

4292egu2 and rpzkeauc gave a Blood Rock. 3nawt3ys and fmu9qx9g gave a Great One's Wisdom, despite being on different layers and/or being Fetid/Rotted vs no additional rites (in the doc, those Isz glyphs don't mention being F/R but I recall one of them was when I generated it in the game). I'm pretty sure that if you try 3nawt3ys first, you'll get a Blood Rock, and then you'll get a Great One's Wisdom from rpzkeauc and any other glyph.

I haven't tried yet but I'm assuming, say, 9vb3tzza (Pthumeru Ihyll) would also give a Blood Rock, since I haven't picked one up from a Pthumeru dungeon yet.

Tagging this so I can use later! Thanks brother!

dang, I would have missed cainhurst castle too if I didn't randomly see a youtube vid of
someone going to a certain headstone in a certain graveyard.

missing nightmare frontier is more of a surprise though. the lecture room is one of my fav spots. great atmo.

I missed the alternate entrance to the lecture room and thus missed the entire first floor so my time there was pretty brief.

I'm trying to defeat
Ebrietas, Daughter of the Charge Attack
without using vials simply because I refuse to go back to the first area of the game and farm for vials (I prefer the Estus mechanic from DkS1). It's driving me crazy and crushing my pride but I feel this is the intended Miyazaki way to play anyways now that you can regain health (forgot what the system is called). I wish I could save state and practice dodging the charge attack. The lock on almost always whips me around back into her range. /rant

It's possible to dodge it if you double-dodge just as she is coming at you. But...yeah I really hate that fight. I believe the strategy I ended up using to beat it was to stay at an approximate range from her so that when she charged, she would land right in front of me. This way you don't have to avoid the charge at all, and you get a couple of hits in each time.

Alebrije

nice! thanks, for some reason I just love going through that area. its easy but you have to stay on your game because four mages can wreck you if your not paying attention.

btw where did you get the 3rd moon rune? I'm on my first play though and have done everything except go though the gate in hunters dream to fight Gherman.

Yea that area is fun to play not only to farm echoes, last saturday made 3,500,000 . The 3rd rune guess i got it on a chalice dungeon but not sure

knitoe

Lower Ailing Loran:
4292egu2
Isz:
rpzkeauc
3nawt3ys
fmu9qx9g

Yes. You can only get a rock from each chalice types. Thus, if you got one for Isz, every other Isz dungeon rock will turn into a wisdom item. It's done so you can't get unlimited rocks. Think, it may also applies to other items. I got a Lost Chikage and joined another dungeon with one, but where the weapon supposedly was to be found, it ended up being a wisdom item.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Tagging this so I can use later! Thanks brother!
No prob, glad my glyph testing is useful to someone else. ^^ I guess they didn't want people to get tons of blood rocks, but it still kinda sucks. Even with those shared glyphs, they aren't that numerous. Plus, chunks are already pretty rare so it's not like you could really max out that many weapons.

PS: sister ^^

Soulhouf

b) Nightmare Frontier is not completely fucking awful.

It's designed as a nightmare after all, The fact that they managed on top of that to make the player feel the insanity and build it into the game in a such efficient way is brilliant.
That place is probably my favorite place in Bloodborne. No other game managed to to use the Lovecraft mythos this well.
You need to appreciate such a piece of art.
This is not for everyone. I understand that very well.

No prob, glad my glyph testing is useful to someone else. ^^ I guess they didn't want people to get tons of blood rocks, but it still kinda sucks. Even with those shared glyphs, they aren't that numerous. Plus, chunks are already pretty rare so it's not like you could really max out that many weapons.

PS: sister ^^

Hmm chucks are somewhat rare I find the Blue Eye Wolves with a Discovery of 240+ seem to give me a chuck or two every other run or every 3rd run. It has a lot to do with luck but I have several weapons at 8+ or 9+, I only have my Ludwig at 10+ though so the Blood Rock is much needed.

I was calling forth the spirit of Macho Man Randy Savage! THE CREAM OF THE CROP!

For Central Yharnam:

Warp to Central Yharnam Lamp
Take shortcut gate, go into house, kill the two enemies on the first floor.
Exit house, kill two brick guys and get vials, take elevator to bridge leading to Father G.
Kill everything there, including the 2 enemies close to the fog door.
Jump off near the ladder that leads to the aqueducts (near the top of the stairs where the flaming boulder trap starts) and suicide, or Bold Hunter's Mark back to lamp.
Repeat
???
Profit

while he's there he should back stab/visceral attack the pig. i could get 4 echos out of it normally.

ryuken-d

Yea that area is fun to play not only to farm echoes, last saturday made 3,500,000 . The 3rd rune guess i got it on a chalice dungeon but not sure

sounds good. I'm making my way down the chalice dungeons and I beat the BLB and ROM I think I'm depth 4 and ize depth 5. some of those boss's are just scary. I think I'll take the plunge and go NG+. I've been putting it off for too long.

skynidas

Banned
can someone help me with the boss of layer 2 of defiled chalice? i'm trying to summon someone but it doesn't find anybody. level 113

I'm about 3/4ths of the way into the game, and I'm disappointed with Bloodborne. Before you proceed to call me crazy, I need to say that I'm enjoying the game a lot, but I would rank it below Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls.

My biggest beef by far are the enemies. They are for the most part forgettable and uninspired. My favorite boss is Amygdala
because it is thematically the one that fits better with the whole H.P. Lovecraft vibe that the game is going for. The whole nightmare frontier was cohesive, and I would have rather have fought Amygdala than Rom, in order to set the transition into madness, and otherworldly feeling and change of tone.
Having said, I've had a really hard time remembering the bosses. They all blend together. This was not the case with Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls.

Another issue I have with the game is the levels. There hasn't been anything resembling Sen's Fortress in this game. A thread was posted last week about how the progression to Anor Londo was fantastic in Dark Souls. From what I have played of Bloodborne so far, it doesn't look like there is going to be anything similar to that in the game.

Finally, there are a lot of things that are annoying me and have been pointed out already in the OT, and other Bloodborne threads. Stuff like the lack of and diversity of armor, the restriction on the number of builds you can play.

BumRush

After I get the Platinum (need some later level chalice stuff and the refuse ending) I want to eff around with some different builds. Is the dog farming glitch patched?

Alebrije

sounds good. I'm making my way down the chalice dungeons and I beat the BLB and ROM I think I'm depth 4 and ize depth 5. some of those boss's are just scary. I think I'll take the plunge and go NG+. I've been putting it off for too long.

If you are going for the platinum throphy try to beat every boss before NG+, just to have an easier path later.

joecanada

Yeah, that's...no.
Rom
is actually fun compared to that. I'm really surprised so many people struggle with her.

Each boss is different depending on what your weapons, strengths are and that's what makes bloodborne good.

My first fight against rom was over in 5 min with tonitrus, I didn't even know she had an aoe attack lol.

Second character blades of mercy, top tier weapon but not working so good against rom got killed in close 4 times already, by aoe, not the icicles or spiderlings.

Also the old memory leak was evident in some people's playthrough, they didn't even know such attacks existed

It's possible to dodge it if you double-dodge just as she is coming at you. But...yeah I really hate that fight. I believe the strategy I ended up using to beat it was to stay at an approximate range from her so that when she charged, she would land right in front of me. This way you don't have to avoid the charge at all, and you get a couple of hits in each time.

I found getting up close and personal with her was best. She barely used the charge on me. Bolt paper helps too.

I didn't use lock on, and tried to get behind her as much as possible. If I took a hit, I just retreat and vial up, but I guess that isn't an option here.

As fucked as the Defiled Chalice bosses are, they are also fun. The bosses they chose to put in there work well because they don't have bullshit unavoidable/unpredictable attacks or shitty camera messing them up. You have to and can get gud against them.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Going into NG+ and destroying the first two bosses first try.....so good

Haha, yep. So far, I've completely plowed through the bosses that gave me trouble in my first playthrough: primarily Gascoigne, Blood Starved Beast, and Vicar Amelia.

As fucked as the Defiled Chalice bosses are, they are also fun. The bosses they chose to put in there work well because they don't have bullshit unavoidable/unpredictable attacks or shitty camera messing them up. You have to and can get gud against them.

Plus, it's super easy to get back to them for retries. I was initially very unimpressed with the Chalice Dungeons, but I've grown to like them quite a bit. I still am not a fan of the dungeon design, but as pure combat arenas, they get the job done.

I wish there were more swinging blades and traps in the Chalice Dungeons, like Sen's Fortress. Usually it's only one room that has the blades, and even then it's random.

Yeah, that's...no.
Rom
is actually fun compared to that. I'm really surprised so many people struggle with her.

People struggle with different bosses haha. I definitely struggled with
Rom
, took at least 5-6 attempts, probably a few more. Spiders kept managing to get me, or ice or a combination till I finally figured out how to dodge the ice properly. After that it wasn't too bad but still not a cakewalk, for me at least. On the other hand I beat
Shadows, Ebrietas (which I see a lot of people say they struggled with here), Gherman, Wet Nurse, Moon Presence
all on the first try.

Top Bottom