• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Trakan

Yes. You can only get a rock from each chalice types. Thus, if you got one for Isz, every other Isz dungeon rock will turn into a wisdom item. It's done so you can't get unlimited rocks. Think, it may also applies to other items. I got a Lost Chikage and joined another dungeon with one, but where the weapon supposedly was to be found, it ended up being a wisdom item.

So you can only get like 3 total rocks?

Yes. You can only get a rock from each chalice types. Thus, if you got one for Isz, every other Isz dungeon rock will turn into a wisdom item. It's done so you can't get unlimited rocks. Think, it may also applies to other items. I got a Lost Chikage and joined another dungeon with one, but where the weapon supposedly was to be found, it ended up being a wisdom item.

Oh wow, I didn't know they limited it in the Chalice dungeons like that. Good info, thanks!

joecanada

does anyone have any hints against those guys outside cainhurst? the spider deformed things? they seem to sweep all around them, is it better to dodge forward? back? I haven't had much luck against them. sideways doesn't work.

Late Flag

I wish there were more swinging blades and traps in the Chalice Dungeons, like Sen's Fortress. Usually it's only one room that has the blades, and even then it's random.

I hate those things. The camera is such that I can never quite judge whether my character is in the "safe zone" between blades or not, so I constantly get knocked off due to what I view as bad game design. The fact that there's usually somebody shooting something at you while you try to do this is also kind of cheap.

Defiled Chalice can eat multiple variations of ass.

I thought I would hate this chalice, but I actually ended up enjoying it. The second boss was the hardest one in the entire game for me (so far -- haven't finished the last chalice yet), but it was fun nonetheless.

does anyone have any hints against those guys outside cainhurst? the spider deformed things? they seem to sweep all around them, is it better to dodge forward? back? I haven't had much luck against them. sideways doesn't work.

I largely avoided them. One of the toughest enemies in the game for me.

Saint9806

Ahhhh it's not for imbuing my weapon then? Gotcha

This is a dumb question but how is overall physical defense different than your blunt, thrust stats?

If you are talking about Physical attack, blunt and thrusts are both physical attacks but they scale differently, so they each have their own stat of how much damage they do. But, overall phsyical attack is just talking about your overall which combines all your attacks into one score.

Been listening to the Bloodbourne OST lately and still think "The Hunter" is the best one of them all. Especially when the song goes into it's second phase and things start getting super intense. Went along so well with that early fight. Hell, I even added it at the end of my running/workout mix on my iPOD and it gets me pumped as hell when I am sweating and feeling the burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaoyKECQnPw

It's either that or the
creepy chanting you hear when you arrive at Unseen Village
. That song was one of the most haunting things I've heard in a game.

For most of the fights, if not all, just don't lock on to him and make sure to GET UNDER HIS BELLY as your main priority (and yes, even during his super-charged later phase where the electricity on him seems a bit more "super") and hack the legs without mercy, this will down him. If he jumps away from you, CHASE HIM and don't let up and repeat the process. Don't try to attack him from the outside, attack him FROM the inside.

Also, use Cannon if you have one, lol.

If you use that tactic above Paarl is actually imho one of the easiest boss fights in the game, if not the easiest. I even peg it as easier than the Witches.

What weapon are you using? The Kirkhammer is great at breaking his poise and the reach of Ludwig's Blade greatsword is a great assest to have for this battle as well.

Get under him and don't lock on. Locking on will make you aim for the center of the body and whiff, when you really want to be hitting the legs. Wear lightning resistant armor if possible (Henryk's set is great).

Thank you for the tips. Will try on him again later this afternoon.

Been listening to the Bloodbourne OST lately and still think "The Hunter" is the best one of them all. Especially when the song goes into it's second phase and things start getting super intense. Went along so well with that early fight. Hell, I even added it at the end of my running/workout mix on my iPOD and it gets me pumped as hell when I am sweating and feeling the burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaoyKECQnPw

It's either that or the
creepy chanting you hear when you arrive at Unseen Village
. That song was one of the most haunting things I've heard in a game.
I agree with you. I really like "the hunter" from the OST and the Cleric Beast as well.

Edit:
How do you equip runes?
You need to beat
the witches and get the rune tool. It's a easy boss battle. Take a left and follow that path before heading up to vicar amelia

Saint9806

In NG+, is it better to use my current high level (+10) weapon and a couple other +8's or should I try out new weapons? I was thinking about using my leveled up weapons because the bosses will be harder. Not sure what to do.

Skii

One of the toughest normal enemies in the game for me (along with the singing brain frenzy woman). I couldn't really "figure" them out. They just seemed to wreck me a good few times. I just gave up and suicide runned the items in front of Cainhurst and just sprinted into the building.

Onemic

I agree with you. I really like "the hunter" from the OST and the Cleric Beast as well.

Edit:
You need to beat
the witches and get the rune tool. It's a easy boss battle. Take a left and follow that path before heading up to vicar amelia

there are two versions Amelia? Ive beaten Rom if thats any indication of my progress so far

unsightly

Man. These Chalice dungeons are a snore.

I'm so close to platinum, it'll be my first ever. Closest I ever got before this was on Dark Souls, think I got everything but the 'collect all weapons/spells/armor' trophies.

Honestly might be the easiest game to plat. I just need the other 2 ending trophies and the rating 15 blood gem one.. that's the worst. I've found at least 10 rating 14s. From makes every other trophy easy as fuck to get, then you have to go through like 20 chalice dungeons to have a chance at getting the last trophy... lol

Haven't made a Great Isz dungeon yet, though. Might be my problem. I've had 8 of 9 (5) Ritual Bloods for ages.

Castle Cainhurst is an absolute marvel.
Its like some twisted disney land ride.

The fact that its an optional location just blows my mind. The balls on Miyazaki

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

The fact that its an optional location just blows my mind. The balls on Miyazaki
Have you not played Dark Souls before? ;)
Castle Cainhurst was really cool, but it was like... a really lite Painted World of Ariamis, heh.

there are two versions Amelia? Ive beaten Rom if thats any indication of my progress so far
haha no, my apologizes if I worded it weird.
if you go to the grand cathedral, take a right by once you get out of the door by those 2 church servants with the cross. It should lead you to a cave and forest/graveyard area with alot of guys with guns. That leads you to Hemwick Charnel Lane where you can kill the witches to get the rune tool. With the rune tool you can equip runes back in the hunter's dream.
So to collect blood dregs I have to go to previous places where hunters where hanging out?
have the corruption caryll rune equipped and kill any hunter (NPC or players)

I've never played a Souls game before. I own Dark Souls, and feel like playing it, but I'm wondering if I'm better off starting with Bloodborne instead? I don't own a PS4/Bloodborne, but I can see myself getting them at some point. If Bloodborne is worth playing first for some reason, that may expedite me buying them.

So close.

So damn close Ebrietas and I bottled it.

Probably shouldn't have been using blood echo runes though. What's the recommendations. I'm thinking Lake, Great Lake and Arcane Lake.

Ludwig 2hd will stun lock them, easy peasy.

N° 2048

Finally done the Forbidden Woods. Even got through to
Iosefka's
shortcut. Now time to head to Byrgenwerth and finish this damn game before State of Decay & Broken Age Act 2 hit on Tuesday.

gunbo13

The assets are really great but the area overall is short. I have to imagine that they had ambition to expand Cainhurst much further, but instead regulated it to an optional. Which makes it an awesome optional.

seabass0

Well I got that Platinum last night, and in the process discovered that this Bloodtinge character I created for my last playthrough is a total boss.

Chikage + Evelyn hits like a truck. I'm like level 70-ish with that one now...probably going to get it up to 100 and invade some poor hunters.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
We were talking the other day trying to understand the "Details" on those who Invade....

Like the Level/% range....If an Invader is say Level 90, what range can he go up and down?

I've heard of the HP Nerf so is it the same as a co-op helper? Is there any other Nerfs or Buffs?

IrishNinja

man this unseen village is some ol bullshit

not the part you get dragged to, the one after you beat the three dudes...i literally don't know where to go, ugh

benjammin

I hate those things. I got their attention then put some distance in between us to bait their jump attack. Charge up a Ludwig r2 as they jump towards you and it'll stun them for long enough to hit them the last few times necessary for the kill. If two gang up on you at once then run away.

My favorite location in the game so far. The atmosphere is incredible, even if the enemies are kind of boring.

I've been dumping all of my NG+ points into Stamina, seems to be working well.

Also (weapon spoiler) B
urial blade is waaaaaaaay cooler than I thought it'd be. Sucks it isn't anywhere near as effective as my Saw Cleaver +10 in its current +4 incarnation, but I'll be maxing it as soon as possible. Every swing is made with full intention to decapitate it's prey

Ferr986

Well I got that Platinum last night, and in the process discovered that this Bloodtinge character I created for my last playthrough is a total boss.

Chikage + Evelyn hits like a truck. I'm like level 70-ish with that one now...probably going to get it up to 100 and invade some poor hunters.

I stopped at 80 with it, although I'm curious how it will do with the better gems from Depth 5 Chalices. But man, it destroys shit both in PvE and PvP.

Respect

Surprised how few Reiterspallach's I run into during PvP, probably spent about 25-30ish hours pvping in total, can count on 2 hands the number of reiterspallach's I've seen. Might not be quite as strong BoM, Burial or Ludwig's, but it is still a great weapon.

tcrunch

I've never played a Souls game before. I own Dark Souls, and feel like playing it, but I'm wondering if I'm better off starting with Bloodborne instead? I don't own a PS4/Bloodborne, but I can see myself getting them at some point. If Bloodborne is worth playing first for some reason, that may expedite me buying them.

I would do Dark Souls first.

Respect

We were talking the other day trying to understand the "Details" on those who Invade....

Like the Level/% range....If an Invader is say Level 90, what range can he go up and down?

I've heard of the HP Nerf so is it the same as a co-op helper? Is there any other Nerfs or Buffs?

Just the 70% hp nerf, believe the invasion formula is the same as it is for co-op, not positive on that though.

Think the exact formula is +/- 10 levels +(10% of your level).

So for a level 90 your range would be 71-109

seabass0

I stopped at 80 with it, although I'm curious how it will do with the better gems from Depth 5 Chalices. But man, it destroys shit both in PvE and PvP.

Yeah that L1 to R1 combo, where you unsheathe the Chikage into blood mode and then do that horizontal slash? So. Good.

SpokkX

So.. Any word from FROM about the next patch (1.04)?

The loading time is fine now but the frame pacing issue (constant stuttering) is really annoying and really puts a blemish on the product

Xeilyn

Surprised how few Reiterspallach's I run into during PvP, probably spent about 25-30ish hours pvping in total, can count on 2 hands the number of reiterspallach's I've seen. Might not be quite as strong BoM, Burial or Ludwig's, but it is still a great weapon.
I love the Reiterpallasch! It looks really cool and the transformed mode is so fast, the only weapon that attacks faster is the Blade of Mercy. You can do some great parrys with the transformation attack aswell

Must also add that if they fix the elemental gem bug you will prolly see alot of Reiters

Top Bottom