• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

ML down! All that parrying training paid off. And realizing I could
shoot, not just hit, the sword planted down
. Now all is left is E
brietas and Nightmare of Mensis+endgame
. And the gazillion chalices, though I am not sure that's much fun.

How much harder is E compared to ML? Infinitely?

danthefan

Focus on using attacks that hit her head and left arm. The hunters axe 2-handed mode R2 is a nice downward overhand chop that will get her right in the face if you aim it right.

Consider unlocking the camera, it will give you a bigger dodge so you can avoid her attacks.

Don't hesitate to get some distance from her when you need to heal, she's really not very aggressive compared to some of the other bosses.

If it helps, I absolutely demolished her with the Ludwig. Didn't try another weapon but it was taking chunks off and the R2 charge when she was healing made it a relatively easy fight.

Ok thanks for the tips. Might buy one or the other or both the weapons to try them out. Those executioners in Charnel Lane give good Echoes.

Be very careful in his final form I found you need to just wait until he finishes a combo and then you can only get one or two hits in. He will also stand still for one of his uper attacks. You can usually gt in 4 hits before you need to book it.

EDIT: ALSO VERY IMPORTANT
HE IS THE FINAL BOSS IF YOU BEAT HIM YOU WILL BE FORCED INTO NG+ AND HAVE NO WAY TO REEXPLORE AREAS YOU HAVENT FINISHED SO ONLY BEAT HIM IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE REALLY DONE AND READY TO START NG+

Lock on to him, and keep backstepping until he rolls to shoot at you. Shoot him with the blunderbuss or something else that packs a punch and he'll be stunned and you can visceral attack him. You can also block the shotgun bullets with the wooden shield, i think.

Thanks for the advice guys, I finally managed to take him down at SL4 :D Link to the video (spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLzJ8ft4Q8

Randam

Couldn't get near V.A.

Gained about 10 levels.

Still can't get near V.A.

I give up for the evening. Those twin blades and Ludwigs sword are available in the shop, would they be significant improvements on the starter weapons? They're damn expensive.

she is easy.
hunter axe or saw blade upgraded a little bit should be more than enough.

try using fire.
but like said, she is pretty easy.

Onemic

Couldn't get near V.A.

Gained about 10 levels.

Still can't get near V.A.

I give up for the evening. Those twin blades and Ludwigs sword are available in the shop, would they be significant improvements on the starter weapons? They're damn expensive.

wtf, how did you already get the twin blades?

BumRush

ML down! All that parrying training paid off. And realizing I could
shoot, not just hit, the sword planted down
. Now all is left is E
brietas and Nightmare of Mensis+endgame
. And the gazillion chalices, though I am not sure that's much fun.

How much harder is E compared to ML? Infinitely?

Honestly, not harder at all depending on your play style. You won't be using parrying on her.

I've beat her three times in a row now and it's the same way every time:
get her to lower her head and don't get hit. R2 charge the Ludwig. Follow it up with R1 R1 R1. Rinse / Repeat.

Honestly, not harder at all depending on your play style. You won't be using parrying on her.

I've beat her three times in a row now and it's the same way every time:
get her to lower her head and don't get hit. R2 charge the Ludwig. Follow it up with R1 R1 R1. Rinse / Repeat.

I alternate between Ludwig R2 and Mercy twin blade mode R1. But for big game, I tend to favor the Ludwig. Maybe i'll try E next. And then I'll spend all my money on sedatives :/

BumRush

I alternate between Ludwig R2 and Mercy twin blade mode R1. But for big game, I tend to favor the Ludwig. Maybe i'll try E next. And then I'll spend all my money on sedatives :/

In my entire NG run through frontier / mensis I probably used 15 sedatives. You shouldn't need THAT many.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on my "follow a walkthrough and get EVERYTHING" final playthrough. Official guide arrives tomorrow.

Wait or use online guides?

BumRush

How long is it taking everyone to go through ALL chalices needed for the platinum. I've just been messing around with online and getting the endings and I'm about to go through for the Plat. Thanks.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
In my entire NG run through frontier / mensis I probably used 15 sedatives. You shouldn't need THAT many.

I didn't use sedatives until my second playthrough. Not meaning to brag here. Wish I had used them.

Being able to kill Frenzy's post-kill buildup is priceless.

That being said, if you're running through sedatives, just spend most of your insight, throw on Frenzy gear and rune(s), and heal up to full as soon as your frenzy meter is on its way to completion.

Sedatives are awesome though.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Whoa, so about ten hours in and now booting up the game I am treated to an FMV intro that never existed prior. If they were attempting some late title card unlock or something, I don't feel it panned out very well. Just awkward, but it is a nice intro...would have been more impactful had I seen it before playing. Unless it was always there and it never loaded until now?

BumRush

I didn't use sedatives until my second playthrough. Not meaning to brag here. Wish I had used them.

Being able to kill Frenzy's post-kill buildup is priceless.

That being said, if you're running through sedatives, just spend most of your insight, throw on Frenzy gear and rune(s), and heal up to full as soon as your frenzy meter is on its way to completion.

Sedatives are awesome though.

On my first playthrough, a frenzy bar would kill me. Below a certain vitality you don't stand a chance!!

Whoa, so about ten hours in and now booting up the game I am treated to an FMV intro that never existed prior. If they were attempting some late title card unlock or something, I don't feel it panned out very well. Just awkward, but it is a nice intro...would have been more impactful had I seen it before playing. Unless it was always there and it never loaded until now?
Always there :)

Szadek

wtf at the defiled
watchdog
, motherfucker is killing me in 1 hit. anyone wanna help? i'm lvl 120ish
Equip the best anti fire armor you can find, equip max hp plus and damage reduction runes,then hope that's enough to not die in 1 hit.
I would also recommand to get a long range meele weapon and play it super save.

neoism

i9emId1cVwjQ2.PNG
cool art.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Guys I just killed E
brietas
. Where do I go from here?

There's a hunter in the church where I fought V
icar
A
melia
. Is that where I'm supposed to go next?

Guys I just killed E
brietas

icar
A
melia

both ebrietas and that hunter are optional. have you completed the unseen village yet?

Putty

Thankyou "Louis_-_zzzz"

I'd cleared out Cainhurst a few days ago, leaving me the nice short cut to the boss. Thought I'd attempt him tonight. Failed hard on my first attempt, rang the bell on 2nd attempt and together we beat him! Used a lot of Vials, And a few Bolt Papers but even co-op it still feels fab to down a boss. Only 2nd boss I've co-op'd. Just got one tricky section to clear on Mensis (already done da boss man) then I guess it's Nightmare area place to continue main story?

takriel

Guys I just killed E
brietas

icar
A
melia

If you want to progress the story,
go to the next area after The One Reborn

But sure, get rid of the hunter in the church first!

Guys I just killed E
brietas

icar
A
melia

No. Next steps (spoilers, obv.)
Get a tonsil stone and get abducted in the church on the path right of VA's cathedral (facing the cathedral). End up in Yaarghul
At the end of the hidden village, kill one reborn.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I went through the Unseen Village but didn't see the boss. Where is that?

I'm doing NG+ atm. Last few days I've mostly been helping people in coop. Great fun feeling you've helped someone.

I am lvl147 now. Honestly wasn't keeping track but hope it won't affect me being able to coop with people.

Went back to my own game today and had a cooperator join me for R
om...
. He was using the Ludwig sword in 2H and I can't tell if he was using fire paper or some buff but he knocked 2/3 of the boss' health off in one go before the boss teleported. Was simple then just finishing the fight off.

Never seen anything like it. That amount of damage per strike.

Sinistral

These chalice dungeons are such an unfun slog to go through... They should have scrapped these and spent more time extending the main meat of the game.

Abhorrent beast at the end of Ailing Loran.... Abhorrent beast at level 2 of Lower Loran.. WTF need more variety in dungeon design too. Bell ringing bitches summoning 20 spiders at once to get anti-climactic blood(504) in a huge ass chest to unlock other chalices.

I seem to only be able to stomach a layer per play.

Late Flag

Okay, so here's a question for those who've gotten the platinum trophy. I've gotten the first two endings and I'm planning on just reloading my saves, hitting up the optional areas I missed, and then going all the way through the main chalice dungeons. That said, how difficult/much of a grind are those dungeons going to be in order to get the boss trophy associated with them? I've got pretty high stats, a +10 weapon with a good deal of damage enhancing runes, and if it's any indication of my skill level, it only took me two tries for the last boss (last before the "true" or third ending).

The first few chalice dungeons are easy and honestly kind of annoying. They very rapidly become hard, harder than anything in the main game. Nothing unbeatable of course, but the last boss in NG is a complete pushover compared to many of the bosses in the later chalices. Not an exaggeration.

BumRush

The first few chalice dungeons are easy and honestly kind of annoying. They very rapidly become hard, harder than anything in the main game. Nothing unbeatable of course, but the last boss in NG is a complete pushover compared to many of the bosses in the later chalices. Not an exaggeration.

But if you go through a NG+, your level is more chalice ready

Anyone want to help me with the Ihyll bosses? Took a two week break after beating defiled and now I'm pretty rusty and getting my ass kicked. I'm level 116. Soooo close to platinum.

Late Flag

But if you go through a NG+, your level is more chalice ready

Oh yes, absolutely. I beat NG and then started the chalices, and absolutely got my ass handed to me in what I think was the third -- the one with the big open garden area with a bell maiden and a bunch of other enemies wandering around. Since then I've added about 35 levels. The dungeons themselves are no problem now. It's just the bosses. You can't just out-level them like you can the mobs.

There's this one room in Lower Loran layer 2 or 3, on the far side of the big bridge, that has 2 Bell Ringers (=6 respawning, yolo super aggro, red spiders), 2 of those tough werewolves, and a couple other dudes. And only one long hallway to enter/exit the room.

This was the most BS experience in the game. (Have done everything in NG, SL~105 except the Ithyll dungeon past layer 1) And there was no useful loot in the room, whatsoever.

Maybesew

question about new game plus. I'm still early on, just a few bosses down, but I have noticed that there are no sack men. What gives?

There's this one room in Lower Loran layer 2 or 3, on the far side of the big bridge, that has 2 Bell Ringers (=6 respawning, yolo aggro, red spiders), 2 of those tough werewolves, and a couple other dudes. And only one long hallway to enter/exit the room.

This was the most BS experience in the game. And there was no useful loot in the room, whatsoever.

I JUST did that last night. Really annoying for sure.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I JUST did that last night. Really annoying for sure.

If that's the area I think it is, you just train the spiders to the conveniently placed hole in the floor a couple of corners away. They fall down, you go in and mop up the bell-ringers and wolves. Job done.

Top Bottom