• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Invading people in the N
ightmare of Mensis
feels so conflicting. On one hand it's a lot of fun to be PVP'ing like Dark Souls had things arranged, but on the other hand I feel kind of shitty every time I kill somebody. I know if I was progressing through the zone I wouldn't want somebody invading me. :|

I almost exclusively PVP there because of how fun it is. I usually ring the Bell outside of the castle door where all the spiders are,just in case the beckoner has a cooperator with them. If they do, I'll drop the spiders down to make the fight a bit easier.

On the other hand, my favorite place to co-op is Yahar'gul since the 3 hunters are basically an infinite source of Blood Dregs, and the
One Reborn
is fairly easy with a cooperator.

Miletius

Quick question -- I just beat the second boss
Father Something or another

Should I head up or down?
Up towards the cathedral and down towards Old Yarnham
I read there are some easily missable things, and I don't want to go a direction that makes me miss anything.

Finally gotten around to getting my platinum trophy ( my first one )
Have gotten close before in other games but something or the other always stop me from doing it.
Now to wait for some DLC or BB2 .

lunlunqq

I read there are some easily missable things, and I don't want to go a direction that makes me miss anything.

The next step is OY.

Toxi

Banned

You probably won't miss things either way, but I'd recommend going down to
Old Yharnam

This user on Reddit drew the design, a lot of people said they wanted it on a shirt so she made it on Teespring and it got super popular.

...enough that Sony sent her a takedown notice. So the campaign stopped but it's goal was reached so she sent out all the shirts anywho!

This makes me a sad panda...

The "official" shirts are just not that great... Got to make one in secret then!!

pixxxelz

This user on Reddit drew the design, a lot of people said they wanted it on a shirt so she made it on Teespring and it got super popular.

...enough that Sony sent her a takedown notice. So the campaign stopped but it's goal was reached so she sent out all the shirts anywho!
Where can I find that design? I would also like to get that T-shirt

Wow lol, the 2H Axe makes Y
harnam
a joke.
She gives you plenty of time to get your charged R2 off, so she spends half the fight on the floor.

Definitely the easiest of the last 5 bosses.

How can I use the
old hunter bone
?

I know what it's supposed to do but it's just sitting here in my inventory, greyed-out, I can't do anything except sell it.

E92 M3

I'll say it right now: Bell Ringers + Infinite Spiders is the worst enemy combo From any Souls game. Nothing puts me on edge more than those bastards.

It has an arcane stat requirement. 15, I believe.

Heh. Thanks. Don't know if I'll bother then, unless it's really useful.

Just realized you can actually sprint. Only took me 20 hours of rolling around like a retard to randomly come up on the note that explained that in the hunter's dream.

Any tips for the defiled 2nd layer boss?
The watchdog.

I'm level 121 and have vitality at 50, end 40, str 30, skill 36. I'm using Ludwigs physical dmg. What should I be dumping points into? The returns on everything is so minimal now but I've just been putting more into strength.

Zocano

The watchdog.

I'm level 121 and have vitality at 50, end 40, str 30, skill 36. I'm using Ludwigs physical dmg. What should I be dumping points into? The returns on everything is so minimal now but I've just been putting more into strength.

More levels won't save you. Don't get hit and kill it is all you can do.

Question about going from NG to NG+: Do you keep all your badges? Or should I grind/buy all the stock I want first before attempting the final boss?

The watchdog.

Screw putting points into stats, you need to learn how to dodge my friend. What runes do you have equipped?

E92 M3

Question about going from NG to NG+: Do you keep all your badges? Or should I grind/buy all the stock I want first before attempting the final boss?

To put it simply: you keep all of your shit except key items.

Mine's probably Amy. Just a really great and recognizable boss theme that escalates from soft to awesome.

Yes, I really like it as well. Reminds of Game of Thrones a lot!

Neoweee

The watchdog.

Your stats are really high. Endurance is likely too high-- you'd have gotten more benefit by having it in the combat stats, unless you're getting a chance to dump like 10 attacks into the doge uninterrupted.

Bone Ash set FTW. What are you wearing now? What Runes are you using?

The watchdog.

Dodge and swing. For certain moves just gfto out though.

Dez_

Fk A
bhorrent beast
, that guy is my unbelievable hard.
The only way I could make this fight work was to use the short sword for Ludwig's blade, I'm sure Kirkhammer works too, and poke at it with the R2 attacks. Once you get the pattern down, you'll have a better chance at finding the best way to poke at it. It's slow going, and once I got it half way, I used poison knives to finish the job. Not elegant but it did the job.

The watchdog.

Just beat him after HOURS of trying, so I'd suggest
using a long range weapon like the hunters axe and attacking it's head, once you attack it's head enough, it'll fall over and after that you'll deal significantly more damage to its head, also when it goes down attack its head as much as possible. I also found dodging through the flames it sends at you after it swipes at you to be more effective than dodging away from them

Dunno if that'll help, but that boss was definitely by far the hardest one for me.

Kama_1082

Banned
Invading people in the N
ightmare of Mensis
feels so conflicting. On one hand it's a lot of fun to be PVP'ing like Dark Souls had things arranged, but on the other hand I feel kind of shitty every time I kill somebody. I know if I was progressing through the zone I wouldn't want somebody invading me. :|
I jumped off the cliff just so I didn't PvP in the area. It took me out of my mindset for the boss.

ctfg23

I just defeated S
hadow of Yarnham
and my 3 options now are B
yrgenworth
, N
ightmare
F
rontier
, and C
ainhurst
C
astle
. Which one should I do next?

Zocano

Mine's probably Amy. Just a really great and recognizable boss theme that escalates from soft to awesome.

I don't think any music in the game holds a candle to SUPER SPOILER HOLY SHIT DON'T CLICK
Gehrman's theme.
Everything about the fight is amazing. Probably my favorite fight in the series.

Anyone want to help me with the Ihyll bosses? Took a two week break after beating defiled and now I'm pretty rusty and getting my ass kicked. I'm level 116. Soooo close to platinum.

LeelooHalp.gif

III-V

I don't think any music in the game holds a candle to SUPER SPOILER HOLY SHIT DON'T CLICK
Gehrman's theme.
Everything about the fight is amazing. Probably my favorite fight in the series.

There was a thread that had a similar theme. Yes, this is the best tune, excellent composition and emotionally demanding, perfect for the climax.

I'm having trouble finding Eileen. I've beaten V.A., but I realized that I did not talk to her in Central Yarnham. I went back there and she's not there, and I'm not seeing her outside the Cathedral Ward lamp either. I also checked by the Father G lamp and I don't think she's there either. Did I miss my chance? To reiterate, I don't think Ive talked to her at all yet.

Sinistral

Anyone willing to help me beat Lower Loran Chalice Boss
Loran DarkBeast?

Camera is all kinds of fuck and not locking on is just as. I'll be ringing my bell for a while.

I'm having trouble finding Eileen. I've beaten V.A., but I realized that I did not talk to her in Central Yarnham. I went back there and she's not there, and I'm not seeing her outside the Cathedral Ward lamp either. I also checked by the Father G lamp and I don't think she's there either. Did I miss my chance? To reiterate, I don't think Ive talked to her at all yet.
Yes next time you will see her is
in the grand cathedral after you beat rom. She will be hostile so you have to kill her. You will still get her badge for the weapons and attire tho

What level were people at for fighting the big E? I'm level 72 right now and trying to look for help and getting squat. Probably used at least 5-6 Insight with no return so far.

You are too high lvl for me to help, but which boss do you have problems with?

Currently at the descendant. Didn't have a super tough time with him, I know I can beat him. I've beat every boss solo, up until this point. I'm just not having a good time with these chalice dungeons. They are pretty tedious and I want to be done with them and get the platinum already. Not having played in a while isn't helping any. Just thought it would be easiest for people to join now since Im at the start of the dungeon. What level are you?

Welp that's the game. Not platinum or anything but I took down
Gherman and Moon Presence back to back.

Gherman was much tougher. Moon Presence's schtick was his 1hp AoE thing but I had enough vials left to take him down.

I'll be able to be much more relaxed the second time through. I'll likely switch to Skill/Bloodtinge. That E
velyn looks sweet.

Chorazin

Wow, i just "beat" the game and I'm really fucking pissed off.

All I knew going into the the fight was that there was a good ending and a regular ending. I figured I'd get the option to move to NG+, so I could play around to my heart's content in my regular game. I didn't spoil myself.

So because I didn't consume the umbilical cords I had in my inventory I went IMMEDIATELY to a NG+ after beating Gherman??? I can't fight the Moon Princess, or go check out any place I missed without going through the whole fucking game again? That's absolutely Goddamn bullshit. So no instead of feeling accomplished and thrilled to have beat it, I'm just disappointed and angry. Fuck this shit. :-(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there any way to move the camera out, or is dealing with a spinning camera while trying to avoid a boss that's next to you just an endearing skill we must learn?

Wow, i just "beat" the game and I'm really fucking pissed off.

All I knew going into the the fight was that there was a good ending and a regular ending. I figured I'd get the option to move to NG+, so I could play around to my heart's content in my regular game. I didn't spoil myself.

So because I didn't consume the umbilical cords I had in my inventory I went IMMEDIATELY to a NG+ after beating Gherman??? I can't fight the Moon Princess, or go check out any place I missed without going through the whole fucking game again? That's absolutely Goddamn bullshit. So no instead of feeling accomplished and thrilled to have beat it, I'm just disappointed and angry. Fuck this shit. :-(

Yeah that's the one thing I'm happy I was spoiled about.

Top Bottom