• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

FHIZ

Wow, i just "beat" the game and I'm really fucking pissed off.

All I knew going into the the fight was that there was a good ending and a regular ending. I figured I'd get the option to move to NG+, so I could play around to my heart's content in my regular game. I didn't spoil myself.

So because I didn't consume the umbilical cords I had in my inventory I went IMMEDIATELY to a NG+ after beating Gherman??? I can't fight the Moon Princess, or go check out any place I missed without going through the whole fucking game again? That's absolutely Goddamn bullshit. So no instead of feeling accomplished and thrilled to have beat it, I'm just disappointed and angry. Fuck this shit. :-(

Download your old save from the cloud before it gets updated?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

All I knew going into the the fight was that there was a good ending and a regular ending. I figured I'd get the option to move to NG+, so I could play around to my heart's content in my regular game. I didn't spoil myself.

So because I didn't consume the umbilical cords I had in my inventory I went IMMEDIATELY to a NG+ after beating Gherman??? I can't fight the Moon Princess, or go check out any place I missed without going through the whole fucking game again? That's absolutely Goddamn bullshit. So no instead of feeling accomplished and thrilled to have beat it, I'm just disappointed and angry. Fuck this shit. :-(
Meh, going through the game is really fast when you skip all the optional content and beeline for the end boss:
Father G -> Amelia -> Shadows -> Rom -> The One Reborn -> Mergo -> end-game

Chorazin

Meh, going through the game is really fast when you skip all the optional content and beeline for the end boss:
Father G -> Amelia -> Shadows -> Rom -> The One Reborn -> Mergo -> end-game

That's not really a solution, it's a shitty workaround to something that should've been optional or made clear that there was no going back.

maomaoIYP

The doll does make it abundantly clear that it's the point of no return. And all the endings are just that, there is no 'good' or 'bad' ending.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
That's not really a solution, it's a shitty workaround to something that should've been optional or made clear that there was no going back.
I thought it was clear that crossing
the door into the garden was gonna be the final boss, to be honest. Not sure how much more they could have telegraphed it. I mean I guess they could have gone the Dark Souls 2 method of having to manually enter NG+, but w/e.

You have to
kill either Cleric Beast or BSB to unlock the path to Amelia.
Not true. In my NG++ I skipped
both Cleric Beast and BSB. The key to the large door was for sale as soon as I killed Father G

Edit:
I looked it up and it does mention killing the Cleric Beast, but I know for a fact that I didn't have to do that in NG++. Hmm... maybe because it's sold after you have the Sword Hunter Badge, and you keep badges in NG+ and later? In any case, in NG either Cleric Beast or BSB are non-optional, but in NG+ they both are so I'm still right. :D

Mephala

Is there any way to move the camera out, or is dealing with a spinning camera while trying to avoid a boss that's next to you just an endearing skill we must learn?

Sometimes it is best to unlock when they get too close. Some fights I don't lock on at all any more unless I want to fire my gun at it.

Zukuu

Banned

Why did you cling to the Cords again? You can eat them WHENEVER you want.

Zocano

the door into the garden was gonna be the final boss, to be honest. Not sure how much more they could have telegraphed it. I mean I guess they could have gone the Dark Souls 2 method of having to manually enter NG+, but w/e.

I think it's fairly clear that you hit the final conversation when
Gehrman asks to let him kill you.
It's a person's own fault for being oblivious to that very obvious "THIS IS THE END" confrontation.

Mephala

both Cleric Beast and BSB. The key to the large door was for sale as soon as I killed Father G

Edit:
I looked it up and it does mention killing the Cleric Beast, but I know for a fact that I didn't have to do that in NG++. Hmm... maybe because it's sold after you have the Sword Hunter Badge, and you keep badges in NG+ and later? In any case, in NG either Cleric Beast or BSB are non-optional, but in NG+ they both are so I'm still right. :D

You have to
kill either Cleric Beast or BSB to unlock the path to Amelia.

Sword Hunter Badge unlocks Emblem, which is carried over into NG+. Sneaky Edit Morrigan!

Chorazin

I think it's fairly clear that you hit the final conversation when
Gehrman asks to let him kill you.
It's a person's own fault for being oblivious to that very obvious "THIS IS THE END" confrontation.

I'm not saying I didn't know it was the end boss fight, I'm saying I wish I wasn't
forced into a NG+ after it.
I wanted to go back and do more stuff being powerful and see
both endings.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in my expectation to have a choice, like in DS and DS2. I'm just pissed and frustrated and feel like this soured my experience. 47 hours and I can't even
get the true ending and fight the true final boss
without dumping a dozen more hours into it.

Zocano

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in my expectation to have a choice, like in DS and DS2. I'm just pissed and frustrated and feel like this soured my experience. 47 hours and I can't even

Well... only Dark Souls 2 gave you an actual option to move on. While it is the most recent of the games, I also don't think anyone should have expected Bloodborne to carry over that specific thing from Dark Souls 2 when neither Dark souls 1 and Demon's Soul did that (e.g.
they dump you right into NG+
). Especially given that Dark Souls 2 is the one done by a (generally) different team.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm not saying I didn't know it was the end boss fight, I'm saying I wish I wasn't I wanted to go back and do more stuff being powerful and see

You're being overly dramatic. First of all, it's your fault for
clinging to those umbilical cords to begin with. If you looked up what they did to get the true ending, you'd have consumed them already. If you didn't look it up and didn't know, you're only mad because you know after the fact about the cords.

Second, you can't see all the endings without replaying the game anyway, unless you're using the USB/cloud save trick, so you'd have to replay the game anyway.

And third, you don't need a dozen more hours. Like I said, it's super fast. Levels get plowed through really quickly when you know where everything is, you can reach the end-game in far, far less time than that.

Not to mention, the "true" ending kinda sucks anyway so you aren't even missing out on much.

And in Dark Souls, killing the last boss automatically pushed you into NG+ as well. The choice you make is after the boss, not before it, but it's still automatic. Same with Demon's Souls. In fact, in BB it's a bit better because unless you picked the
submission choice, you can still use a Hunter's Mark or suicide to Gehrman to resume your exploration of the game. If you picked the submit your life choice, well, tough shit haha. At least you got to see the best cut scene ending. :p
Only Dark Souls 2 was different. It was pretty cool of them, I'll grant, but it's not a big deal.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Using the ps4 button configuration has anyone switched light and heavy attacks to the traditional Square and triangle buttons

Stupidly annoying trying to help people in Nightmare. They don't seem to grasp the concept of running past everything since it won't follow you.
I don't know if people are just really that concerned with souls or think they need to kill everything but yeah. Primary objective should always be to progress and find a shortcut, especially if the area is rough.

Was surprised after playing that so many people hyped it as a total BS area. It is, but adapting seems fairly straightforward.....as in, run, straight forward.

Edit:
Lol that edit at the end made me chuckle :p

I need help from someone around lvl 70 to kill the snakes in the Forbidden Woods because I have phobia of snake and its really scary going through the Forbidden Woods.
:( sorry to hear that, well atleast the game is literally making you hunt your nightmares :p but
once get down the eleavtor. Stick to the left by the edge and follow it. Look to the left side until you can jump down there.I think there's a large gravestone by it? That way will have the least amounts of snakes I believe.

Just found out that if you leave the intro screen idle until the music ends, an intro cinematic starts playing which I have never seen before. Seriously what the hell. Why not play it as you fire up the game...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So is there no way to prove your death count? I would really be down for a zero-death run attempt if there were some way to verify it.

Stupidly annoying trying to help people in Nightmare. They don't seem to grasp the concept of running past everything since it won't follow you.
You're probably referring to me who died by that boulder :( I had to take a moment and use the antidote as I was poisoned. Just as I'm ready to move the boulder exploded on my head.

So is there no way to prove your death count? I would really be down for a zero-death run attempt if there were some way to verify it.

wait, theres no stat screen after you finish the game?

like how many deaths, how many times you used blood vials, items etc
wat, this is the game to show stats like that

knitoe

Well, that was a waste of money. Went from a 7200RPM 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD and saw a max of 3-4 sec faster load times porting from Hunter's Dream to another area. Respawning saw almost no difference. Don't know if having the disc version is the issue.

Well, productive night;
One Reborn
Amygdala
, and
Celestial Emissary
all beaten.
Amygdala
was very easy and went down on my first try. The other two went down on second attempts because I was stupid.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
wait, theres no stat screen after you finish the game?

like how many deaths, how many times you used blood vials, items etc
wat, this is the game to show stats like that

I know, right? Maybe it's just as well. I doubt achieving a zero-death run would do my sanity any favors.

I just rolled a Waste of Skin Cane user just to see how it feels now that I have beat the game with Ludwig's.

I'm really forced to use everything to survive now. For the first time ever, I'm low on quicksilver. It feels really fresh.

CB was pretty tough at level 4 but some Molotov's and a few visceral attacks took care of biz. I'm sitting at 16 now with the path open to FG. Something tells me this is going to be much worse.

Toxi

Banned
I just rolled a Waste of Skin Cane user just to see how it feels now that I have beat the game with Ludwig's.

I'm really forced to use everything to survive now. For the first time ever, I'm low on quicksilver. It feels really fresh.

CB was pretty tough at level 4 but some Molotov's and a few visceral attacks took care of biz. I'm sitting at 16 now with the path open to FG. Something tells me this is going to be much worse.
Waste of Skin really isn't that much worse if you level up. Remember, it's only your base stats that are really affected by your class choice.

Waste of Skin is pretty fun. Makes the early game quite a bit more challenging (although it's all the same once you level up). That's what I did for my first character, and no regrets. (I liked choosing Deprived in Dark Souls, so it was the obvious choice.)

Also, the cane is great, especially once you get it leveled up and decked out with some gems. I especially love the running R2, which can be very effective for certain bosses that have their weak spots high up. (
Amygdala and Ebrietas in particular.
)

one shot defile watchdog lol.
Its all about using longer ranged weapons and not being greedy. I got hit like 1-2 times outside the minor fire damage.

knitoe

I was helping some random person with Gehrman, but as soon as we enter through the fog door, he was charging up for his last phase. That was same weird shit.

Regarding the endings...

If I've already
initiated the fight with Gehrman(fog gate is up), but have not consumed the umbilical cords, could I defeat him once without, then load up the same save with the fog gate? Just eat them, then go back in? Would it register for the endings?

Well, productive night;
One Reborn
Amygdala
, and
Celestial Emissary
all beaten.
Amygdala
was very easy and went down on my first try. The other two went down on second attempts because I was stupid.

Had a very similar night. Except it was
One Reborn
Amygdala
Micolash
, and
Mergo's Wet Nurse

Wow, that game was a wild ride! Really amazing. This has been my first Souls game and I was sooooo happy when I finished all
three endings (save game trick)
. I thought "Phew, okay, now some easy chalice dungeons and platinum is mine." What a fool I've been. The
defiled chalice dungeon
cost me nearly a Dual Shock Controller.

But now: Platinum is mine :D Whahahaha :D Feels soooo goooood!

Top Bottom