• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Screw putting points into stats, you need to learn how to dodge my friend. What runes do you have equipped?

Well of cours there is a mechanic to learn for the fight and dodging is important. The stats and leveling question is separate from asking about the boss. Are you saying after level 120 that it's pointless to level?

Wow, i just "beat" the game and I'm really fucking pissed off.

All I knew going into the the fight was that there was a good ending and a regular ending. I figured I'd get the option to move to NG+, so I could play around to my heart's content in my regular game. I didn't spoil myself.

So because I didn't consume the umbilical cords I had in my inventory I went IMMEDIATELY to a NG+ after beating Gherman??? I can't fight the Moon Princess, or go check out any place I missed without going through the whole fucking game again? That's absolutely Goddamn bullshit. So no instead of feeling accomplished and thrilled to have beat it, I'm just disappointed and angry. Fuck this shit. :-(

Not to poke any fun at your plight, but
Moon Princess
is pretty funny. xD

So it seems like FROM upped the range level from co-op and pvp?

At level 41, I was able to summon my friend at level 58 with a password, so definitely seemed like it. He then tried to summon me, but I got kicked out of the game 5 times before giving up... sigh...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yatta. Finished it. Great game but I've seen all the areas in my first play through. Not really a ng+ kind of guy so I think that's it for me. chalice dungeons were pretty boring despite some new bosses showing Up.

Highly recommended though 👍👌.

Well, that was a waste of money. Went from a 7200RPM 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD and saw a max of 3-4 sec faster load times porting from Hunter's Dream to another area. Respawning saw almost no difference. Don't know if having the disc version is the issue.

Pure SSD, or is it a hybrid drive? Honestly, it's a waste to use a SSD in a gaming console, only a few seconds difference on stuff if that. This video helped me arrive at what I picked up

I have a hybrid drive and tested the new times and it's a few seconds faster all around from stock drives, but I got the 1 TB for extra space.

Wtf some
dude with a sack just ambushed and killed me and now I'm in a cell.

Not like I even killed a boss recently or anything to trigger something. What causes that to happen?

Wtf some

Not like I even killed a boss recently or anything to trigger something. What causes that to happen?

Killing a boss to trigger something, lol. Killing Blood Starved Beast causes them to show up, but the one in Cathedral Ward is semi-hidden so you might not have noticed them until later.

myco666

Wtf some

Killing
Blood-Starved Beast
will make them appear. Just go up the stairs and you should find a lamp to warp out of there.

Footos22

So Arianna and Losefka died before I can get the cords from them, I can't get the other ending now?

Yeah, you're screwed until ng+

On a lighter note, I finally got through that defiled chalice dungeon.

Watchdog gave me grief for a couple of days. Went away for the weekend, came back and beat him and amygdala after him first time. *Emote* ROAR

Amygdala was piss easy as he is in the main game.

onto isz to find that red jelly then i can finally smell the platinum.

I think they appear after killing
the Blood-starved Beast

Killing a boss to trigger something, lol. Killing Blood Starved Beast causes them to show up, but the one in Cathedral Ward is semi-hidden so you might not have noticed them until later.

Killing
Blood-Starved Beast
will make them appear. Just go up the stairs and you should find a lamp to warp out of there.

Hmm weird.

I got up to the big cathedral doors and went exploring and got killed by
the hunter by the well
, so went through the shortcut on the way back, collected my souls and backtracked to the lantern and spent them, then on my way back to the cathedral, my third time through the area, it showed up and killed me. Weird.

Does it stay there or was it a one time thing? Kind of annoying to have it right in the way on the fastest route from the lantern to the cathedral doors.

Hmm weird.

the hunter by the well
, so went through the shortcut on the way back, collected my souls and backtracked to the lantern and spent them, then on my way back to the cathedral, my third time through the area, it showed up and killed me. Weird.

Does it stay there or was it a one time thing? Kind of annoying to have it right in the way on the fastest route from the lantern to the cathedral doors.
It becomes a respawning enemy, and no, it's not always in the way. It's put in a deep corner where you can easily avoid aggro'ing if you don't want to.

It's still worth killing because it drops Twin Shards

Cess007

Hmm weird.

the hunter by the well

After killing
BSB
, he appears in the corner around the Cathedral were a crow used to be. Most of the time he won't attack you as he will be facing the wall; but sometimes he will see you and attack you.

Most probably, the first times you run pass him, without noticing.

And yes, he will keep respawning until you beat a boss later, or so i've read. Haven't checked myself

Sayad

What are the requirements for making a chalice dungeon through glyph code? I keep getting a "you don't meet the requirements to join the dungeon matching this chalice glyph" message. The dungeon is supposed to be "Phtumeru Ihyll root", I already have all the materials and a similar Phtumeru Ihyll root made(not through code and still active), though I haven't complete it yet.

Also, collision boxes in this game are fucked up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKYEM7bzXK0

Ferr986

What are the requirements for making a chalice dungeon through glyph code? I keep getting a "you don't meet the requirements to join the dungeon matching this chalice glyph" message. The dungeon is supposed to be "Phtumeru Ihyll root", I already have all the materials and a similar Phtumeru Ihyll root made(not through code and still active), though I haven't complete it yet.

Also, collision boxes in this game are fucked up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKYEM7bzXK0

Maybe that glyph have offerings? If you want to use a glyph with offerings you need to have done one with them by yourself before that.

Sayad

Maybe that glyph have offerings? If you want to use a glyph with offerings you need to have done one with them by yourself before that.
Oh Thanks, this means a lot more farming. :(
Does the shop start selling level 5 Ritual Blood and Tomb Mold at some point?

Ferr986

Oh Thanks, this means a lot more farming. :(
Does the shop start selling level 5 Ritual Blood and Tomb Mold at some point?

I think not.

Keep in mind that you only need to do a Chalice with offerings once. So If you make a Ptumeru root with offerings, you can search for Isz and Loran roots with offerings (provided you did the chalice for them, but they don't need to be with offerings).

Anyone calling double summons lately? It seems that everytime I use the Reckoning Bell, there are 2 folks who are summoned to help. I don't actually view this as a problem - it's actually pretty fun with 3 folks.

myco666

It becomes a respawning enemy, and no, it's not always in the way. It's put in a deep corner where you can easily avoid aggro'ing if you don't want to.

That Twin Shard drop is rather rare though. Most likely you will get 2 Blood Stone Shards instead.

Sayad

I think not.

Keep in mind that you only need to do a Chalice with offerings once. So If you make a Ptumeru root with offerings, you can search for Isz and Loran roots with offerings (provided you did the chalice for them, but they don't need to be with offerings).
Yep thanks, just found out about this, made a chalice with similar rites and was able to make the chalice I wanted right away without the offerings.

mandiller

For Souls fans, would you say Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2: Scholar of first sin is the harder game? I'm a Souls newbie and I'm getting close to finishing Bloodborne so I'm considering whether to pick up DS2. I've found Bloodborne to be pretty damn difficult but I'm slugging through.

danthefan

How common are the drops? I got one shot by one them the first time I met one but I badly need twin shards.

myco666

For Souls fans, would you say Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2: Scholar of first sin is the harder game? I'm a Souls newbie and I'm getting close to finishing Bloodborne so I'm considering whether to pick up DS2. I've found Bloodborne to be pretty damn difficult but I'm slugging through.

I would say DS2 is easier since you can use shields to negate damage and don't have to rely on dodging and parrying that much. They play really differently though so it is hard to say which is harder. Most people seem to think that BB is easier but I would disagree as most bosses and enemies are way more aggressive and you don't have shield. IMO DS2 is easier even if you don't use shield.

neoism

So it seems like FROM upped the range level from co-op and pvp?

on the subredit some say they have gotten as much as 80 levels.... soo happy the ranges where increased.
Since the last patch it seems that the summoning range has been changed. Whether this is intentional or not I don't know. Form Software never likes to give us exact calculations anyways. Personally as a 126 I have co oped with a 152 and a 100, both of which are out of the 10+10% range. I've gathered some numbers and the most extreme range I have gotten is a 127 summoning an 87. assume the 10+/- is constant (to make co op easy at lower levels) the new result from my numbers is 10+/-25%(26%)(rounding values). If anyone else has gotten summons outside the original 10+/-10%(11%) range please post it here so that we can test the extremes of the new summoning range.

Update: from the numbers I've gotten so far it seems like the if this equation is used the 10 has changed as well as the percentage (assuming it was this to begin with). As more numbers come in I will try to see what simplified kind of equation roughly encompasses the values given.
https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/3424pj/there_seems_to_be_a_new_level_summoning_range/

one shot defile watchdog lol.
Its all about using longer ranged weapons and not being greedy. I got hit like 1-2 times outside the minor fire damage.

Thats amazing. What weapons did you specifically use?

It seems to me that there is a new trend where people will say they "one shotted" a boss when they actually mean they beat it at their first try.

As far as I'm concerned (and I see I'm not the only one who is confused), one shot has always been meaning "one hit kill" as in a single swing or a single bullet resulted in a kill.

Top Bottom