• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Black Duke

Neo Member
I'm at level 100, getting my ass beaten by either the final boss or Rom
in Chalice Dungeon
. Don't know what else to do.

Any advice?

in Chalice Dungeon

Any advice?

I think Rom is easier in the Chalice dungeon than in the main game. Clear out the first wave of spiders completely by luring them out carefully. Have a go at the boss including when he's teleporting. For phase 2 clear out the spiders again and hide behind the pillars when he's shooting meteors at you. Charged Tonitrus is really effective.

Mendrox

It seems to me that there is a new trend where people will say they "one shotted" an enemy when they actually mean they beat it at their first try.

As far as I'm concerned (and I see I'm not the only one who confused), one shot has always been meaning "one hit kill" as in a single swing or a single bullet resulted in a kill.

Yeah this is correct and annoys me to hell, but whatever. It's first try for killing them by fighting them the first time. You cannot one shot (afaik) any boss in this game.

silva1991

Well you could just max out your inventory on everything or have you done it already?

I haven't, the reason why I don't spend them on everything else is because of boss fights like watchdog(defiled) and daughter of cosmos because they kill me alot so whenever I consume all vials and bullets I pick the money and max out the vials and bullets without the need to farm em.

Cyborg

in Chalice Dungeon

Any advice?

I found him realy easy (was around the same level) Ignore the lil spiders, dont bother killing a single one! Just run towards Rom and start beating him then run away, fill your stamina up and repeat the proces.

I see a lot of people focusing on the little spiders but dont waste your time!

How to get an easy 5 million blood xp?

...put your hand up enough pig asses ;)

7Tsopfr.jpg

myco666

I haven't, the reason why I don't spend them on everything else is because of boss fights like watchdog(defiled) and daughter of cosmos because they kill me alot so whenever I consume all vials and bullets I pick the money and max out the vials and bullets without the need to farm em.

You probably could easily maxed out everything with that amount of echoes and still have enough to buy max vials and bullets lol. But sounds like a decent plan otherwise.

I found him realy easy (was around the same level) Ignore the lil spiders, dont bother killing a single one! Just run towards Rom and start beating him then run away, fill your stamina up and repeat the proces.

I see a lot of people focusing on the little spiders but dont waste your time!

IMO you should atleast kill the first batch of them so that you can concentrate on Rom when she doesn't attack at all. Next batches can be ignored.

Do enemies scale with level?

Is there any reason to stop leveling after 120? I'm trying to figure out how to spend my levels now that I'm end-game. I use Ludwigs physical dmg.

Vitality 50
End 40
Str 30
Skill 36

Cyborg

Is there any reason to stop leveling after 120? I'm trying to figure out how to spend my levels now that I'm end-game. I use Ludwigs physical dmg.

Vitality 50
End 40
Str 30
Skill 36

Good question, Im now lvl 136 and Im fine with that. Im still able to do co-op.

myco666

Vitality 50
End 40
Str 30
Skill 36

I don't think they scale with your level. Only reason to stop leveling is if you wan't to do coop or pvp but since they raised the range on coop atleast it is not that big of a problem. Put few points in Str so that you get most out of LHB. Other than that I think you have hit the soft caps on those attributes so either stop leveling or bumb up either Arcane so that you can use the tools or Bloodtinge so that you can use Evelyn.

Randam

Yeah this is correct and annoys me to hell, but whatever. It's first try for killing them by fighting them the first time. You cannot one shot (afaik) any boss in this game.
There should be a video for every dark souls bosses getting one-shoted.
Of course you have to level up your character and upgrade your weapon.
But it is possible and one shot always meant "killed with a single attack".

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
In need of just a little advice on the Pthumerian Descendant......which I got my first encounter(s) with yesterday. The best I got was getting him down to around 10% and he let loose on me when I swung & missed. Since then it's been 50% or so but he just gets on me with those Dual Swings. My problem is I just cannot the parry timing down (Blunderbuss) with Holy Blade.

Also what exactly is his damage...Phys, Blunt or Frenzy? I'm not sure if I have even the right armor on. And does Fire, Bolt or even Poison have any effect? I haven't tried any "Paper" or loading any elemental Gem in.

Note: I did try the Two-Hand Axe and it did do damage and stun him. Problem is it sucks Endurance and you almost need to dodge a lot. Use the Holy Blade sword and you have to be up close where he can lay into repeatedly. Thank you.....

In need of just a little advice on the Pthumerian Descendant......which I got my first encounter(s) with yesterday. The best I got was getting him down to around 10% and he let loose on me when I swung & missed. Since then it's been 50% or so but he just gets on me with those Dual Swings. My problem is I just cannot the parry timing down (Blunderbuss) with Holy Blade.

Also what exactly is his damage...Phys, Blunt or Frenzy? I'm not sure if I have even the right armor on. And does Fire, Bolt or even Poison have any effect? I haven't tried any "Paper" or loading any elemental Gem in.

Note: I did try the Two-Hand Axe and it did do damage and stun him. Problem is it sucks Endurance and you almost need to dodge a lot. Use the Holy Blade sword and you have to be up close where he can lay into repeatedly. Thank you.....

Getting visceral hits in might be your best bet with slower but high damage single hit weapons.

I keep noob'ing out when getting summoned. Act like a pro for the first few minutes then do something insanely dumb. In Old Yharnham we climbed to the top of the stairs after the gunner, forgetting i was dual wielding the blades of mercy I went to fire my pistol.... jump back off the ladders, see the beckoner on my way down... felt bad man.

Today in Cathedral Ward we went the long way around, opened up all shortcuts. I get killed by the crappy little dog at the base of the stairs after taking down 3 giants.... ughhhh.

Well, MWN was an absolute cakewalk compared to last time. Is there a reason it takes like 10 seconds for the game to recognise the kill? It happened last time and I assumed it was because she was in the middle of an animation. But she wasn't this time. Is it just so you can
hear the baby crying
?

myco666

Well, MWN was an absolute cakewalk compared to last time. Is there a reason it takes like 10 seconds for the game to recognise the kill? It happened last time and I assumed it was because she was in the middle of an animation. But she wasn't this time. Is it just so you can
hear the baby crying
?

You don't get the message from killing MWN. You get it from Mergo dying.
Atleast this is one theory why there is the delay. It is intentional for sure though.

Mendrox

There should be a video for every dark souls bosses getting one-shoted.
Of course you have to level up your character and upgrade your weapon.
But it is possible and one shot always meant "killed with a single attack".

Well I tried to one shot bosses in BLOODBORNE (Souls it's quiet easy for many bosses to one shot them, like pin wheel) with level 510, +10 Canon and the late game bosses always needed 2 shots. D: First few bosses are possible, but you would have to skip them and overlevel at certain points.

Randam

hear the baby crying
?
You can use
the plaything from Gascoigne's daughter
here too.
Well I tried to one shot bosses in BLOODBORNE (Souls it's quiet easy for many bosses to one shot them, like pin wheel) with level 510, +10 Canon and the late game bosses always needed 2 shots. D: First few bosses are possible, but you would have to skip them and overlevel at certain points.
Doesn't have to be bosses though.
Mobs, or other human players.
Till bloodborne one shot always meant killed with one attack.
Maybe all the new souls players changed the meaning somehow. Idk.

Gammacide

I feel your pain. Im on the 2nd boss now in the defiled and im not enjoying him at all
Exactly where I am right now. Definitely feel like taking him down later this afternoon. Can't wait to enter the final dungeon. Defiled can stay that way once I get out. Ailing Loran, however, I'll visit again in root form. Love the atmosphere there.

Chao

I beat
Micolash
yesterday. I don't think I've ever had to beat a more annoying boss in my life.

"Kos, or some say Kosm"
line is burned in my brain.

So am I past the hardest fights in the chalice dungeons on my way to the trophy boss?
I just completed Defiled chalice with only the last dungeon remaining. Is this one gonna be even harder? Surely not without the HP reduction?

hear the baby crying
?
I think it's because the real"nightmare" or boss wasn't the wet nurse but Mergo himself. He'a the great one.

silva1991

So am I past the hardest fights in the chalice dungeons on my way to the trophy boss?
I just completed Defiled chalice with only the last dungeon remaining. Is this one gonna be even harder? Surely not without the HP reduction?

In general you beat the hardest dungeon before the queen's, arguably one of the queen's dungeons bosses is as as hard the watch dog.

dosh

I think Rom is easier in the Chalice dungeon than in the main game. Clear out the first wave of spiders completely by luring them out carefully. Have a go at the boss including when he's teleporting. For phase 2 clear out the spiders again and hide behind the pillars when he's shooting meteors at you. Charged Tonitrus is really effective.

He has a tendency to hide in the corners of the room and spam his spiky-things-that-erupt-from-the-ground attack, which can make him quite bothersome to reach at times, even when you've obliterated all the spiders.
But other than that, he's far easier than his Moonside Lake equivalent, yes, mostly thanks to the columns.

Soulhouf

While SL100 was perfect in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, I feel that 75 is the good meta level for multi-player in Bloodborne.
It allows to have a balanced build where you need to make tough decisions and at the same time you can keep finding people everywhere in the game post Rom.
Am-I the only one who think this way?

Finally managed to take out the B
loodletting Beast
in Lower Pthumeru. Had to level up to 76 to do it. I actually had to do the opposite of what everyone said, and lock on to him. I found his attacks far easier to dodge that way.

Ferr986

While SL100 was perfect in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, I feel that 75 is the good meta level for multi-player in Bloodborne.
It allows to have a balanced build where you need to make tough decisions and at the same time you can keep finding people everywhere in the game post Rom.
Am-I the only one who think this way?

I dunno. For builds like Bloodtinge sure. I'm not sure a Quality build would be viable with that lower cap though.

ecosse_011172

I really want Blade of Mercy but seem to have screwed it up.
I think I spoke once to Eileen the Crow but didn't learn a gesture or anything, now she's nowhere to be seen.
I'm at the Unseen Village Chapel, struggling with the hunters and have just finished Cairnhurst Castle.
She's not at Cathedral Ward, not near the Vicar Amelia fight, no sign at all.

Any ideas???

I really want Blade of Mercy but seem to have screwed it up.
I think I spoke once to Eileen the Crow but didn't learn a gesture or anything, now she's nowhere to be seen.
I'm at the Unseen Village Chapel, struggling with the hunters and have just finished Cairnhurst Castle.
She's not at Cathedral Ward, not near the Vicar Amelia fight, no sign at all.

Any ideas???

did you try oedon?

Soulhouf

I dunno. For builds like Bloodtinge sure. I'm not sure a Quality build would be viable with that lower cap though.

For hybrid builds you'll need to make sacrifices (less stamina, HP) which is natural since that kind of builds are more versatile and tend to be more powerful when fully developed.
They did a pretty good job in Bloodborne to make every weapon and every item unique and impactful and every decision meaningful.
That's why I think with such a limitation players have to be more creative when they make their builds.

Top Bottom