• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

cm osi

Just defeated the Yahar boss.
I only had three vials and thought I should go farm some but ended but turned around and ran right into the battle.
Beat him with only 3 blood vials. Didn't even use one.

EDIT: where is everyone's favorite place to farm echoes? Right now, the places that look the best to me are yahar'gul and CC. Anywhere better for a level 83?

you'll reachi it soon
i take 2 moon's rune (+30% and +20%) and the Heir rune (+40%) and spawn and mergo middle, kill all the shadows and pigs doing at least one visceral attack
i'm ng+ and the pig alone gives me 60k. don't know how much they'll give on NG, maybe you'll farm echoes quicker doing bosses on coop

Saint9806

Nope. Feel free to belong any covenant you want at any given time.

Chikage is rather cool. Using it now on my bloodtinge build.

Haven't tried Beast Claws but it doesn't have super great scaling and the base damage isn't super high either. But people seem to like them though and every weapon seems to be good in this game. It's about what moveset you like the most.

Are you guys using your leveled up weapons on NG+ or are you trying out new weapons? I want to try out new weapons but I hear the enemies are alot stronger so they may not do enough damage.

Oni Jazar

Mother fucking E
brietas.

Two problems I seem to have is that 1) I can't seem to dodge the charge that it does for the life of me and 2) on the second half of the fight it never wants to give me any good opportunities to strike! I'm just constantly dodging attacks with never any openings like the beautiful head drop it does at the beginning.

Ferr986

Are you guys using your leveled up weapons on NG+ or are you trying out new weapons? I want to try out new weapons but I hear the enemies are alot stronger so they may not do enough damage.

Low level weapons won't cut it on NG+.

You can still try them and if you like the moveset uograde them later.

cm osi

Mother fucking E
brietas.

Two problems I seem to have is that 1) I can't seem to dodge the charge that it does for the life of me and 2) on the second half of the fight it never wants to give me any good opportunities to strike! I'm just constantly dodging attacks with never any openings like the beautiful head drop it does at the beginning.

hit and run doesn't work well with ebby, she has a long range. you can try slipping under her lower tentacle and try to stay behind her, you can snag 1-2 hits before she turns (and she's quite quick)staying close becomes a problem when she summons the laser, since you can't see well above her head

myco666

Testing out new weapons in NG+ isn't good idea except for the moveset testing. I had my LHB at +10 with decent gems in it and still took two or three hits to kill normal mob enemies in the first area. In NG everything dies in one swing in that area with it. I usually just start new character if I want to try new weapon and the weapon is geared towards some other build.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Mother fucking E
brietas.

Don't get far enough to let her charge. She's also weak to bolt.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Mother fucking E
brietas.

A lot of it is luck unfortunately. During my second run she was really uncooperative and I had to die a lot until she finally decided to do her headbutt in the final phase. Keep tryin'. There were encounters with her where she just spammed charge and swipe.

Here's me trying to figure out how to dodge her charge: https://youtu.be/ShV_zHttWmE
The spacing is crucial as is watching for her head shake that signals shes about to charge.

Remember to abuse her weakness to thrust attacks if you have a weapon with that.

Saint9806

Testing out new weapons in NG+ isn't good idea except for the moveset testing. I had my LHB at +10 with decent gems in it and still took two or three hits to kill normal mob enemies in the first area. In NG+ everything dies in one swing in that area with it. I usually just start new character if I want to try new weapon and the weapon is geared towards some other build.

Low level weapons won't cut it on NG+.

You can still try them and if you like the moveset uograde them later.

Got it. Thanks fellas!

A lot of it is luck unfortunately. During my second run she was really uncooperative and I had to die a lot until she finally decided to do her headbutt in the final phase. Keep tryin'. There were encounters with her where she just spammed charge and swipe.

Here's me trying to figure out how to dodge her charge: https://youtu.be/ShV_zHttWmE
The spacing is crucial as is watching for her head shake that signals shes about to charge.

Remember to abuse her weakness to thrust attacks if you have a weapon with that.

A maxed out lightning rifle spear would do wonders. Not sure if the lost of uncanny rifle spear have the right slot thought

Have only found Waning bolt gems so far

CBTech

I've never done invasions in a Souls-type game before, but I decided to try it in the Nightmare of Mensis area. It was so much fun. I'm a complete jerk though. No duels, I just find the best place to hide or hang out with other enemies until the host arrives.
Triggering all the spiders before the host enters the giant spider room was so great. Hee hee.

I'm at the end game right now. Just have to fight the final boss, though I need to go back to a small area I missed. Might complete all the Chalice Dungeons before I finish up as well. Half way through Pthumerian and Loran, completed Hintertomb, haven't started Isz yet. I might just go and finish Pthumerian then finish up the game.

Timeaisis

So I'm going to start a NG+ and I need advice.

As some of you may know, I missed fighting
Gehrman and Moon Presence
on my first run. Kind of disappointing, so I want to go through the game again and finish it with the true ending.

However, in my first run I did fight every other optional boss (in the main story, not counting Chalice). That being said, I'm interested in doing a quicker NG+ run as I don't feel the need to fight every optional boss again. However, I want to make sure I'm leveled appropriately for the NG+ final bosses.

I'm about level 85, IIRC. With a skill build using +10 Cane and a +9 LHB. I've got about 34 VIT, 30 END, and 34 Skill. 16 STR and minimal points in Arcane and Bloodtinge.

Anyway, looking for an optimal path to endgame without having to fight everyone but still leveling enough to finish.

What areas can I skip? What bosses can I skip? Anything I should try to grab in NG+? Like I said I beat all optional bosses and discovered most (I think) optional areas on my first run. I haven't done many Chalice dungeons, if it matters.

What say you, GAF?

cm osi

I've never done invasions in a Souls-type game before, but I decided to try it in the Nightmare of Mensis area. It was so much fun. I'm a complete jerk though. No duels, I just find the best place to hide or hang out with other enemies until the host arrives.
Triggering all the spiders before the host enters the giant spider room was so great. Hee hee.

I'm at the end game right now. Just have to fight the final boss, though I need to go back to a small area I missed. Might complete all the Chalice Dungeons before I finish up as well. Half way through Pthumerian and Loran, completed Hintertomb, haven't started Isz yet. I might just go and finish Pthumerian then finish up the game.

some chalice are though so you may want to start ng+ to get more echoes and whatever you need. chalice don't scale difficulty with ng+ and you carry them to the new game

Had to take about a week off as I've been so busy, though I finally got around to beating Persona 4 Golden, but finally jumped back in last night.

Cleared out the first couple of chalices, which were easy, but pretty cool and then went and took out
Amygdala
first try. Felt good. Will probably work on upper cathederal ward tonight. What's a good level to be at for
Ebrietas
?

on my first run. Kind of disappointing, so I want to go through the game again and finish it with the true ending.

However, in my first run I did fight every other optional boss (in the main story, not counting Chalice). That being said, I'm interested in doing a quicker NG+ run as I don't feel the need to fight every optional boss again. However, I want to make sure I'm leveled appropriately for the NG+ final bosses.

I'm about level 85, IIRC. With a skill build using +10 Cane and a +9 LHB. I've got about 34 VIT, 30 END, and 34 Skill. 16 STR and minimal points in Arcane and Bloodtinge.

Anyway, looking for an optimal path to endgame without having to fight everyone but still leveling enough to finish.

What areas can I skip? What bosses can I skip? Anything I should try to grab in NG+? Like I said I beat all optional bosses and discovered most (I think) optional areas on my first run. I haven't done many Chalice dungeons, if it matters.

What say you, GAF?
Skip old yharnam and go straight to the forbidden forest after vicar. Then just go straight through the game. Total of 8 bosses until you get to
Gehrman

myco666

What say you, GAF?

Mandatory bosses in NG+

Father G
Vicar Amelia
Shadow of Yharnam
Rom
The One Reborn
Micolash
Mergo's Wet Nurse

Since you need to get three
Umbilical Cords
you need to beat BSB also since you need one from
Abandoned Workshop.
Unless you tell Arianna to go to Chapel. Also grab Blood Rock since you can only get 1 per playthrough.

Mandatory bosses in NG+

Father G
Vicar Amelia
Shadow of Yharnam
Rom
The One Reborn
Micolash
Mergo's Wet Nurse

Since you need to get three
Umbilical Cords
you need to beat BSB also since you need to get to
Abandoned Workshop.
Also grab Blood Rock since you can only get 1 per playthrough.
You don't need to beat BSB.
You can get the three from
Mergo, Arianna and Iosefka.

I definitely regret not farming more shards and stones before moving onto NG+, Stake Driver and LHB are usable for me at +8, axe at +10 of course. But I want to upgrade more of these weapons to at least +9 and I feel like I won't be able to do that until I'm already almost done with NG+ unfortunately

myco666

Okay good.
What are the optional bosses?

Amygdala
Ebrietas
Witch of Hemwick
Martyr Logarius
BSB/Cleric Beast (one of them needs to be killed)
Darkbeast Paarl
Celestial Emissary

Atleast if I remember correctly. Could be missing one or two.

edit. Oh of course

Gehrman
Moon Presence

Amygdala
Ebrietas
Witch of Hemwick
Martyr Logarius
BSB/Cleric Beast (one of them needs to be killed)
Darkbeast Paarl
Celestial Emissary

Atleast if I remember correctly. Could be missing one or two.
These plus Chalice Bosses. I think there's around 15-20 original bosses :)

Okay got all of them but your bottom 2 additions

Does the Blade of Mercy have an attribute that lets its field of range grow as the guy is swinging?

Toxi

Banned
My general wishlist for DLC...

• More weapons and hunter tools, especially a real Moonlight Sword equivalent.
  • Some new areas that provide unique aesthetics. We have enough Gothic architecture and maze-like catacombs in the base game, so I'd like to see some new things like industrial factories or twisted alien geometries.
  • Some story information on Laurence and Gehrman; their relationship is the one story tidbit I really feel wasn't explained enough.
  • Some side-characters with meaty quests like Ostrava, Siegmeyer, and Lucatiel. Maybe also expand the quests for side-characters from the base game like Eileen (though I really just need an excuse for more Eileen).
  • Minor thing, but add some more NPCs you can send to the Chapel/Clinic. I liked rescuing NPCs and was disappointed at how few you can send to a safe place.
  • Some less wolf-ish beasts; the only flaw I see in Bloodborne's enemy design is that there are way too many bosses that are variation on werewolves with crazy hair. Maybe some more with bird or reptile features; imagine horrifying crow beasts that make the crow demons from Dark Souls look tame.
  • A full beast transformation similar to the dragon transformation in Dark Souls. Combined with the Beast Claw and Beast Roar, we'd have all we needed.
  • Some sort of bonus to Arcane with more Insight; Insight is supposed to be tied with the Arcane in-universe. Maybe some sort of slimy Kin transformation that increases the potency of your Arcane damage in exchange for lowered physical ability.
  • A PvP arena with interesting geometry. The reason nobody liked the arena in Dark Souls DLC was because it was too flat and boring. Add some staircases, pillars, etc. and it would be much better.
  • A variety of new bosses. I already love Bloodborne's bosses and can't wait to see what they think of in a DLC.
  • More good rewards for Chalice Dungeons, like the Beast Claw. Maybe put some Bloodstone Chunks in higher level chalices.

An easy way to add more weapons would be to have the option to equip non-transforming enemy weapons. Of course more trick weapons would be great but I don't see why we can't equip normal weapons.

Toxi

Banned
moonlight sword is something i don't want to see anymore since it's a :"you're a mage but we're gonna give you a swordd that does physical attack like no others"
you choose int, stick with the magics.
In Demon's Souls it was a Faith weapon (and Faith builds had basically no offensive magic in Demon's Souls).

It doesn't have to be an Arcane-based weapon, I just want to see that familiar blue crystal blade.

Raphael

Demons, dark, plague doctor.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2463524/

Coincidance or were they trying to bank somewhat at the popularity I wonder.

EDIT:

Also - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3304756/

When a brilliant but obsessive scientist goes to extremes to develop a universal cure for all disease, he finds himself infected with a bizarre parasite that begins to transform him into a bloodthirsty madman. Time running out, he must find a way to stop the monster that is growing within and prevent the rest of the world from being "cured."

Too bad both suck it seems.

What say you, GAF?
I'm in the exact same boat as you Timeaisis! I'm about to beat Bloodborne for the first time but due to me not knowing certain things on my first play through, I can't get the true ending. So I plan on a quick NG+ run to do exactly what you are planning, just get to the end properly leveled and get the "true" ending this time. I didn't realize you only needed to beat
8-9 mandatory
bosses to get to the end in NG+. Thanks for the helpful hints GAF!

Randam

why is
NIGHTMARE MENSIS so hard?

which part do you find hard?

little tip I lerned from ENB: at the beginning, look up the bridge.
the thing that causes the frenzy is up there.
you can see it light up.
if you hid behind cover, frez build up will stop.

BSB/Cleric Beast
(one of them needs to be killed)

for what?
afaik both of them are optional

gunbo13

Mother fucking E
brietas.

That's because her charge hit-boxes are totally fucked. Even worse then Amygdala's leap. So you have to dodge extra on those attacks. On the second stage, you can beat her down easy when she does her
recharge thing
. Plus the rest of the tips you'll see here.

Atkison04

Made it to NG + last week! Bloodborne is my game of the Gen by far! I've been eyeballing dark souls 2,and I'm not trying to turn this into a versus thing, but is it quite jarring going from bloodborne to dark souls 2? Dark souls is my most played game ever but I skipped on ds2 in favor of going strictly ps4. The videos I've watched of scholar of the first sin look kind of iffy compared to bb. What do those of you with both think?

These chalice dungeons are such an unfun slog to go through... They should have scrapped these and spent more time extending the main meat of the game.

Abhorrent beast at the end of Ailing Loran.... Abhorrent beast at level 2 of Lower Loran.. WTF need more variety in dungeon design too. Bell ringing bitches summoning 20 spiders at once to get anti-climactic blood(504) in a huge ass chest to unlock other chalices.

I seem to only be able to stomach a layer per play.
Yeah I'm trying to get a platinum but this shit sucks. Its the only trophy I need too :(

Made it to NG + last week! Bloodborne is my game of the Gen by far! I've been eyeballing dark souls 2,and I'm not trying to turn this into a versus thing, but is it quite jarring going from bloodborne to dark souls 2? Dark souls is my most played game ever but I skipped on ds2 in favor of going strictly ps4. The videos I've watched of scholar of the first sin look kind of iffy compared to bb. What do those of you with both think?
If you like Dark Souls get it. It's more Dark Souls.

myco666

Tested DS2 after BB. It feels really clunky and slow in comparison. It is a good game though.

moonlight sword is something i don't want to see anymore since it's a :"you're a mage but we're gonna give you a swordd that does physical attack like no others"
you choose int, stick with the magics.

It's just such a staple of all of FS's games that I miss it.

1395637127106.jpg

Do we have hard #s on the hunter rune stamnia regen boost? I tried it out and it barely seemed to be doing anything, seemed like it took a full 5 seconds for my stamnia to 100% regen either way

Top Bottom