• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Rozart

Okay, so I took the elevator down to the
Brain of Mensis's abyss-like room
and as I'm going down I spot another
bird cage contraption close by, hanging midway down my journey into the abyss

I can't seem to find a way to get to it. Does anyone know what it does/where does it lead to?

skynidas

Banned

I can't seem to find a way to get to it. Does anyone know what it does/where does it lead to?

isn't that the elevator that goes up while the other one goes down? i'm pretty sure is nothing

myco666

I assume that it is the other elevator incase you warp out from the "abyss" so that you can get back down.

For hybrid builds you'll need to make sacrifices (less stamina, HP) which is natural since that kind of builds are more versatile and tend to be more powerful when fully developed.
They did a pretty good job in Bloodborne to make every weapon and every item unique and impactful and every decision meaningful.
That's why I think with such a limitation players have to be more creative when they make their builds.

Yeah and even if there is a certain pvp cap you can always go little bit over it if it feels neccessary.

E the Shaggy

Just beat
Rom

....WELP.

Think I'll explore everywhere again just to see what the fuck has changed.

Can't wait until I beat the game to dig into the story/lore thread.

I don't think they scale with your level. Only reason to stop leveling is if you wan't to do coop or pvp but since they raised the range on coop atleast it is not that big of a problem. Put few points in Str so that you get most out of LHB. Other than that I think you have hit the soft caps on those attributes so either stop leveling or bumb up either Arcane so that you can use the tools or Bloodtinge so that you can use Evelyn.

Is it any good with a low Bloodtinge ? I'd like to try it but if it require a lot of point in Bloodtinge I don't think I'll want that.

finally started the game.. and sheesh i'm getting totally wrecked, even as a long time Souls fan this feels super hard to me. died like 30 times already and haven't reached the first boss, probably not even close lol. but it's a lot of fun so it's cool, i can take it.

any non-spoilery tips? i guess stock up on molotovs? they seem effective. and how do i two-hand weapons? or do backstabs? seems like they've changed stuff and i don't know how to play anymore.

also wtf is with the framerate.. feels very chuggy even coming from AC:Unity. very disappointing, i thought it had a stable 30fps :( it kinda affects gameplay a bit too much, combat doesn't feel smooth at all. i really hope later levels run better than the starting area.

Late Flag

finally started the game.. and sheesh i'm getting totally wrecked, even as a long time Souls fan this feels super hard to me. died like 30 times already and haven't reached the first boss, probably not even close lol. but it's a lot of fun so it's cool, i can take it.

any non-spoilery tips? i guess stock up on molotovs? they seem effective. and how do i two-hand weapons? or do backstabs? seems like they've changed stuff and i don't know how to play anymore.

also wtf is with the framerate.. feels very chuggy even coming from AC:Unity. very disappointing, i thought it had a stable 30fps :( it kinda affects gameplay a bit too much, combat doesn't feel smooth at all. i really hope later levels run better than the starting area.

Learn how to parry. If you've opened up the shortcut by the central Yarnham lamp, those two brick guys down the stairs are basically sparring buddies who are there for you to practice on.

Skii

You died around 30 times in the starting area? LOL what?! Hoping that's hyperbole :p

Molotovs are very effective as beasts are weak to fire. You'll be fighting a lot of beasts on your trip through Yharnam.

You change the weapons form by pressing L1. Essentially the same as two handing for heavier weapons but for lighter weapons, it usually elongates it whilst giving you control over your gun as well.

Backstabs can only be accomplished by charging your weapon before hitting the opposition in the back. Basically completely fixes backstab fishing in PVP and makes PVE a lot more interesting and strategic.

Frame rate didn't seem to be a problem during my playthrough. There's some frame-stuttering but apparently that's a lot better since the update.

myco666

Is it any good with a low Bloodtinge ? I'd like to try it but if it require a lot of point in Bloodtinge I don't think I'll want that.

How low are we talking about? I think it does okay damage if you have it atleast +7 (around 140 with the required stats). You can also boos the damage with Bone Marrow Ash. If you want it to deal real damage then you need to get higher Bloodtinge.

ryuken-d

Well, that was a waste of money. Went from a 7200RPM 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD and saw a max of 3-4 sec faster load times porting from Hunter's Dream to another area. Respawning saw almost no difference. Don't know if having the disc version is the issue.

oh man that sucks I went for a Hybrid 1TB 7200rpm and I saw about the same 3-4sec increase. also it was super cheap like under a hundred bucks.

Paasei

I'm finally at the last boss
Gehrman
. Had one good try on it out of 3 so far.
I guess I should dodge a bit later than usual in his second phase, because he's just locked on me and hits me regardless.It's a tough guy.

People also told me to use all
3 chords to unlock another one after
. We'll see what will happen once I get it done.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Sorry.....but the Invading part has left a sour taste in our mouths to the point of shelving the game for awhile. We're not that good to begin with and our first venture into the "Souls" base game. Three of us try to help each other out, be in a area, boss or dungeon. It's bad enough to deal with enemies but getting the notice an invader has arrived makes it an extra thorn in our side. If we wanted PvP, then we would be looking for it.

We've always like the co-op part of games and most have a "Optional PvP" mode...this more or less throws it at you no matter if you want it or like it. We're just wanting to play, collect and clear...that's it. Not that hard to take. I wish there was a way to communicate to an invader we don't want to fight but if you want to go thru with us fine. But ooooh noooo....Mr.Invader wants to rain on our day all in the name of putting up a YouTube video and brag.....gee wiz....what a life.

A few nights ago we got invaded three time in 1-1/2 hrs and night before twice. I've probably seen close to 12-13. One night the same guy twice within one hour...so these clowns are trolling. They just need to put up some maps and offer 1v1, 2v2 and even 3v3 letting them whack each other silly leaving the p and co-op players to finish the game left alone.

I sort of want to apologize to my fellow Bloodborners out there for the "Rant & Whine" I issued above. It was out frustration of combining factors that ultimately came to a boil that weekend with us not playing BB for a couple of days. It was no ill will or intent to be rude by any means.

But for some reason we do have "Invader Magnets' no matter what map or level. I've got some friends who have been invaded just 2-3 times the entire game. And the one friend who we've helped has used a great deal of her Insight and Madman's Knowledge to the point she cannot ask for help no matter what or buy some stuff. I say about 75% of the time we've co-op, we've been invaded....and only once has the Invader left without engaging.

But it hasn't been (3) of us like it was perceived always together. Most of the time it's just two of us getting thru a area or tackling a Boss. We all use the Holy Blade at +7 and almost all our Gems & Runes are still the early ones with no real serious boost. We haven't really even leveled the Blunderbuss or Bloodtinge. (9). Heck...I cannot even get the Bow down right...I think I Pointed & Danced one time trying to get the gesture right before they laid into me.

Ebolarama

Banned
Stumbled onto
paarl
by accident, took him out, and now wondering was that an optional boss or am i missing something?

You just "took him out"???
I'm having so much damn trouble with him. I've watched at least half a dozen videos and simply cannot replicate the methods they use. I'm using a +6 Axe on his legs but the hit detection (and more likely my aim) just seems to miss his weak-spot legs every time and he kills me fast since you have to get under him, and I cannot seem to dodge his swipes. Driving me crazy.

cakely

This was actually the first place I jumped to.

Poor bastard. Seems like everyone in town is now fully transformed into beasts thanks to whatever spell/terror Rom was holding back.

From that point on I referred to all the little wolfmen as "Gilberts".

ryuken-d

I sort of want to apologize to my fellow Bloodborners out there for the "Rant & Whine" I issued above. It was out frustration of combining factors that ultimately came to a boil that weekend with us not playing BB for a couple of days. It was no ill will or intent to be rude by any means.

But for some reason we do have "Invader Magnets' no matter what map or level. I've got some friends who have been invaded just 2-3 times the entire game. And the one friend who we've helped has used a great deal of her Insight and Madman's Knowledge to the point she cannot ask for help no matter what or buy some stuff. I say about 75% of the time we've co-op, we've been invaded....and only once has the Invader left without engaging.

But it hasn't been (3) of us like it was perceived always together. Most of the time it's just two of us getting thru a area or tackling a Boss. We all use the Holy Blade at +7 and almost all our Gems & Runes are still the early ones with no real serious boost. We haven't really even leveled the Blunderbuss or Bloodtinge. (9). Heck...I cannot even get the Bow down right...I think I Pointed & Danced one time trying to get the gesture right before they laid into me.

sucks that you cant co-op without getting invaded. I played my first run offline because I knew it wouldn't be cool to worry about another enemy trying to kill me. lvl up! lots of PVP people are capping themselves so maybe if you go high they wont be able to invade you. just a thought

Gbraga

Let us partake in communion, and feast upon the old blood <3

tumblr_nni4ofFqOK1uu3axio1_1280.jpg

myco666

This was actually the first place I jumped to.

Poor bastard. Seems like everyone in town is now fully transformed into beasts thanks to whatever spell/terror Rom was holding back.

No! Never go there again =(

I actually didn't know in my first playthrough that there was a guy you could talk to. I though my character was hallucinating when I warped back to Central Yharnam after Rom. Scared the shit out of me too lol. It isn't actually Roms fault though that he turned. He was ill since the beginning and killing Rom is just one of those points that makes time go like killing VA.

How low are we talking about? I think it does okay damage if you have it atleast +7 (around 140 with the required stats). You can also boos the damage with Bone Marrow Ash. If you want it to deal real damage then you need to get higher Bloodtinge.

I don't have the required level in bloodtinge yet, and I'm lvl 128. I guess I'll try to up my bloodtinge and see how this works.
Btw, my stats are :
Vita 41
Endurance 28
Strength 38
Skill 40
Bloodtinge 12
Arcane 19

myco666

I don't have the required level in bloodtinge yet, and I'm lvl 128. I guess I'll try to up my bloodtinge and see how this works.
Btw, my stats are :
Vita 41
Endurance 28
Strength 38
Skill 40
Bloodtinge 12
Arcane 19

I wouldn't put points into Bloodtinge with those stats. I would up Endurance, Strength and Arcane and would upgrade Tonitrus.

Which Covenant guys?

Vilebloods
or
The other Church Dude

Executioners
for sure since better rune and the set looks better IMO.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So far my NG+ has been much more rewarding than I expected. I'm now at level 157, with some nice points put into vitality, strength, skill, and endurance.

The only thing that irks me about this game is that I'm not a pvp guy, and I hate the complete lack of etiquette from invaders. Every single time I've been invaded, the invader just runs up to me and starts hacking away. I hate pvp, but at least in Demons Souls and Dark Souls, the invader would face me, we'd salute, and then the battle would begin. If you're going to interupt my game time to fight me, at least come at me straight, and not this sneaky bullshit.

I enjoy leaving notes for other players, and rating other players notes, so I'm not playing in offline mode.

Outside of that, this game still has me addicted. I'm thinking of either starting new game ++, or creating a new character once I complete. I'm about three quarters through my NG+ right now.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
They didn't compare SSD there, just SSHD which usually gives bulk of the improvement achievable by SSD on PS4. There's really little sense of using SSD on PS4 due to SATA2 HDD connection.

They were comparing the slow ass stock 500GB 5400RPM HDD to 1TB hybrid SSHD so of course there would be a big difference. I was comparing a upgraded 1TB 7200RPM to 500GB SSD, and unfortunately, hardly any difference for $180 cost.
Purchasing a 2TB SSHD is a far more sensible option for PS4, IMO. You'll get almost the same loading speeds as SSD, and far bigger capacity for less money.

I wouldn't put points into Bloodtinge with those stats. I would up Endurance, Strength and Arcane and would upgrade Tonitrus.

I think I'll follow your advice then, I guess I'll have to make an other character to try out the bloodtinge weapons (like the Chikage, looks cool :p).
Are the Beast Claws good once upgraded ?

cm osi

whew so defiled chalice is pretty much "learn to do bosses without getting hit"
i'am at the dog, please tell me amygdala room has plenty of space.

Rozart

Just defeated the
Wet Nurse
on my second try. Really cool boss.

Warped back to
the Hunter's Dream
and got the shock of my life when I see
the Doll silhouetted by a burning church
. Not only was that a
horrifying image to be greeted by (especially when you're expecting comfort and familiarity in one of the few safe sanctuaries in the game) but for a moment there, I thought I had hit the point of no return and I would be barred from accessing the memory altar and weapon fortification table.
Have a feeling that the game is coming to a close now. Rather bittersweet. I'm just doing my last rounds about certain areas just to see if anything has changed (and also, tbh I'm just trying to push off the inevitable end).

Is this true? Do we have any figures?
Yup, if you summon an opposing covenant member for Co-op you have to kill them. I've had it happen a few times where I was helping people with
Rom
, and
One Reborn
. I would ring the small reasonant bell and have it say that I've been summoned by an
Executioner
, and must take him out.

myco666

Ooh nice they don't cancel eachother out?

Nope. Feel free to belong any covenant you want at any given time.

I think I'll follow your advice then, I guess I'll have to make an other character to try out the bloodtinge weapons (like the Chikage, looks cool :p).
Are the Beast Claws good once upgraded ?

Chikage is rather cool. Using it now on my bloodtinge build.

Haven't tried Beast Claws but it doesn't have super great scaling and the base damage isn't super high either. But people seem to like them though and every weapon seems to be good in this game. It's about what moveset you like the most.

knitoe

Purchasing a 2TB SSHD is a far more sensible option for PS4, IMO. You'll get almost the same loading speeds as SSD, and far bigger capacity for less money.

I tend to switch games often and didn't want to have to worry about the SSHD's small cache which could cause longer load times if the data has to load from the slow 5400RPM HDD portion.

scrambles

Neo Member
Just defeated the Yahar boss.
I only had three vials and thought I should go farm some but ended but turned around and ran right into the battle.
Beat him with only 3 blood vials. Didn't even use one.

EDIT: where is everyone's favorite place to farm echoes? Right now, the places that look the best to me are yahar'gul and CC. Anywhere better for a level 83?

Is using the hunting axe stupid? It's so slow but god it's so satisfying when it connects. Haven't tried any other weapon so don't know what i am missing! [Just got this yesterday]

knitoe

Is using the hunting axe stupid? It's so slow but god it's so satisfying when it connects. Haven't tried any other weapon so don't know what i am missing! [Just got this yesterday]

Having used all 3 starting weapons through 4 new playthrough, the axe is easily the best starting weapon. That transform charge R2 is way too good.

Chikage is rather cool. Using it now on my bloodtinge build.

Haven't tried Beast Claws but it doesn't have super great scaling and the base damage isn't super high either. But people seem to like them though and every weapon seems to be good in this game. It's about what moveset you like the most.

Okay thanks, I'll try to upgrade Tonitrus and maybe Beat Claw. Time to farm some blood stone !

Top Bottom