• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

It's just such a staple of all of FS's games that I miss it.

1395637127106.jpg

Plus a game where the Moon is a prominent icon and theme throughout, yet we don't have the weapon that embodies the imagery.

ryuken-d

An easy way to add more weapons would be to have the option to equip non-transforming enemy weapons. Of course more trick weapons would be great but I don't see why we can't equip normal weapons.

whoa, sorry but that sounds terrible. transforming weapons is the back bone of this game. add more weapons please but I love the 2 modes. The tontorus was kind of a bummer when I saw that it didn't transform. that's the only weapon that doesn't right?

Skii

YES!! Where in the heck is the Moonlight Sword

DLC will be you going back in time to fight with Ludwig but you try and destroy the Church from the inside and then must defeat him. He drops a badge that lets you buy the Moonlight Great Sword (which he modelled Ludwig's holy blade after). The L1 attack splits the Great Sword into two so you're dual wielding swords!

Make it happen From.

Atkison04

If you like Dark Souls get it. It's more Dark Souls.

Tested DS2 after BB. It feels really clunky and slow in comparison. It is a good game though.

Thanks for the impressions. I'll definitely pick it up. I plan on doing ng+, chalice dungeons and helping out with bosses in co-op still. Also just picked up MKX, so I'll likely wait a week or two to pick up DS2. I'm just itching for some dark souls spells to be honest. I missed my magic in bb!

SkylineRKR

Moonlight Greatsword should be in, with S scaling on Arcane and B on Bloodtinge. It would be a good addition for this builds I find the most awesome but is only viable for 2 weapons or so, one which drains your health.

leehom

Roughly 95% of the summons I get to help me fight bosses die in the first 30 seconds. I think a lot of people need to go through the chalice dungeons at or around level 50 like I did to improve their skill.

leehom

How can I do dungeons with a friend? I gave him my glyph (non-root), and he's saying it's telling him it doesn't exist.

You need to give him the password to your glyph. He needs to open it, both of you guys meet at the same area and you beckon and him ring the small bell. Easier to coordinate using the ps4 chat.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
For Souls fans, would you say Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2: Scholar of first sin is the harder game? I'm a Souls newbie and I'm getting close to finishing Bloodborne so I'm considering whether to pick up DS2. I've found Bloodborne to be pretty damn difficult but I'm slugging through.
Dark Souls 2 vanilla + DLC is harder than Bloodborne. Not sure about SotFS but I think it'll be harder overall too. Outside of Chalice dungeons, Bloodborne is really not that bad, especially the bosses.

So I'm going to start a NG+ and I need advice.

As some of you may know, I missed fighting
Gehrman and Moon Presence
on my first run. Kind of disappointing, so I want to go through the game again and finish it with the true ending.

However, in my first run I did fight every other optional boss (in the main story, not counting Chalice). That being said, I'm interested in doing a quicker NG+ run as I don't feel the need to fight every optional boss again. However, I want to make sure I'm leveled appropriately for the NG+ final bosses.

I'm about level 85, IIRC. With a skill build using +10 Cane and a +9 LHB. I've got about 34 VIT, 30 END, and 34 Skill. 16 STR and minimal points in Arcane and Bloodtinge.

Anyway, looking for an optimal path to endgame without having to fight everyone but still leveling enough to finish.

What areas can I skip? What bosses can I skip? Anything I should try to grab in NG+? Like I said I beat all optional bosses and discovered most (I think) optional areas on my first run. I haven't done many Chalice dungeons, if it matters.

What say you, GAF?
Did you like, miss the post where I explained all that, or were you too angry to properly read it? :p
Meh, someone else answered again so w/e.

You can't get Hunter Chief Emblem without killing CB and the Healing Workshop is closed as long as BSB is alive.
Only in NG, in NG+ you still have the badge so you can get the emblem right away.

For Souls fans, would you say Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2: Scholar of first sin is the harder game? I'm a Souls newbie and I'm getting close to finishing Bloodborne so I'm considering whether to pick up DS2. I've found Bloodborne to be pretty damn difficult but I'm slugging through.

Dark Souls 2 has a lot of cheap moments, I've heard SOTFS had ever more.

Durden77

You need to give him the password to your glyph. He needs to open it, both of you guys meet at the same area and you beckon and him ring the small bell. Easier to coordinate using the ps4 chat.

I think your friend needs to create that specific Dungeon before he can use glyph

He says he's made it. Central Pthumahxhdidb or whatever. But like I said, everytime I give him the glyph code he says it doesn't exist. Is there a password on top of that I'm missing? He's already almost through with it but I'm just starting it, does he need to like remove his chalice and make it again or something?

joecanada

Yeah remembered that after I posted. I think he still should kill BSB for the echoes.

The drop isn't that common that I would recommend farming them since you will get bunch of them before and after VA.

its more for the experience that early in the game having a few bagmen you can cheese all , plus two pigs which you can cheese makes the whole level farming for early game... also I only did this for a few hours and got twin blood shards for about every 1/5 bagmen or even more.

Risible

OK, I've plaid through all of the Souls games up to this point.

I'm pretty lost in Bloodborne though.

I've been playing for a while. I've explored (I think) all of the sewers. I've unlocked a number of shortcuts (3 maybe?). I've leveled up maybe 5 times, and have upgraded the Cane twice.

I feel like I'm making zero progress compared to the number of hours I've put in. I haven't felt any story progression whatsoever. I just fought some Cleric in a graveyard, the first boss encountered, and he was quick as shit and slaughtered me. I felt like I had no chance against him.

What am I doing wrong? I feel like I'm playing Bloodborne "wrong." I always felt a sense of progression in the earlier games. I'm not getting that here. I also don't feel like I'm getting much better either. I worry that as I'm older and my reflexes aren't what they used to be that maybe Bloodborne will be too fast-paced for my playstyle.

Any tips or thoughts on my predicament?

tcrunch

I've been playing for a while. I've explored (I think) all of the sewers. I've unlocked a number of shortcuts (3 maybe?). I've leveled up maybe 5 times, and have upgraded the Cane twice.

I feel like I'm making zero progress compared to the number of hours I've put in. I haven't felt any story progression whatsoever. I just fought some Cleric in a graveyard, the first boss encountered, and he was quick as shit and slaughtered me. I felt like I had no chance against him.

What am I doing wrong? I feel like I'm playing Bloodborne "wrong." I always felt a sense of progression in the earlier games. I'm not getting that here. I also don't feel like I'm getting much better either. I worry that as I'm older and my reflexes aren't what they used to be that maybe Bloodborne will be too fast-paced for my playstyle.

Have you read all the little messages on the ground in the Hunter's Dream?

So is everyone sure that M
aster Willem
serves no purpose? I keep meaning to kill him for his rune, but i keep thinking I'll miss out on some big secret.

Skii

Cane is the hardest starting weapon imo but you shouldn't be struggling as much as you say you are. Maybe you aren't aggressive enough? Getting HP back via the regain system is absolutely vital to the game. Also, using your gun for parrying makes a lot of areas and bosses more manageable.

Don't think age has anything to do with it. There's that Jeff guy who's basically an OAP playing the game laying down on his sofa because he has back problems and he's actually making progress.

You just "took him out"???
I'm having so much damn trouble with him. I've watched at least half a dozen videos and simply cannot replicate the methods they use. I'm using a +6 Axe on his legs but the hit detection (and more likely my aim) just seems to miss his weak-spot legs every time and he kills me fast since you have to get under him, and I cannot seem to dodge his swipes. Driving me crazy.
Yea, I may have been over leveled - 54, or just lucky. I used the kirkhammer, and just rolled into him every time he attacked to get under, using the two handed kirkhammer did serious damage at +6 and 32 strength. Didn't really aim for his legs just hitting whatever I could hit. I mean it def wasn't easy, I used up most of my vials but it's the first boss I ever one-shotted in this game so far.

gioGAF

So is everyone sure that M
aster Willem
serves no purpose? I keep meaning to kill him for his rune, but i keep thinking I'll miss out on some big secret.
I would say kill him. The community hasn't found anything and the official guide says he has no other purpose. I think you are safe going for the rune.

myco666

its more for the experience that early in the game having a few bagmen you can cheese all , plus two pigs which you can cheese makes the whole level farming for early game... also I only did this for a few hours and got twin blood shards for about every 1/5 bagmen or even more.

The game gives you echoes like candy all the time though so farming is rather useless IMO.

Only in NG, in NG+ you still have the badge so you can get the emblem right away.

Yeah makes NG+ super fast.

Who wrote the moonlight sonata?

What's the only Greatsword in the game?

It's already there.

Fuck me! How did I not think of that? I even live in Beethoven's birth city.

Btw, your name sounds like an old god name...I think you just granted me eyes. :p

Does (last required boss spoilers)
Mergo's Wet Nurse creep anybody else the fuck out? She's not as disturbing or gross as, say, the Blood Starved Beast or The One Reborn, but I find her much creepier. Something about that invisible head, all of those arms, and the way she moves...that forward shuffle with the arms flailing about is just weird.

Top Bottom