• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

DLC will be you going back in time to fight with Ludwig but you try and destroy the Church from the inside and then must defeat him. He drops a badge that lets you buy the Moonlight Great Sword (which he modelled Ludwig's holy blade after). The L1 attack splits the Great Sword into two so you're dual wielding swords!

Make it happen From.

This sounds amazing, would buy!

benjammin

Roughly 95% of the summons I get to help me fight bosses die in the first 30 seconds. I think a lot of people need to go through the chalice dungeons at or around level 50 like I did to improve their skill.

I don't think most people realize that there's a health penalty for summoned players. I had no idea until I got one shot by an attack that never killed me when I fought the boss.

Does (last required boss spoilers)
Mergo's Wet Nurse creep anybody else the fuck out? She's not as disturbing or gross as, say, the Blood Starved Beast or The One Reborn, but I find her much creepier. Something about that invisible head, all of those arms, and the way she moves...that forward shuffle with the arms flailing about is just weird.

It's not really creepy but I couldn't help but find a similarity to my crowfeather garb when I fought the Wet Nurse again today. At least in the intro cutscene. Even the Necklace kinda looks similar.

Toxi

Banned
Oh wow, the description for Pebbles is amazing.

Small pebbles found throughout Yharnam.

Can be thrown at foes.

Quite thrilling.

Durden77

Does (last required boss spoilers)
Mergo's Wet Nurse creep anybody else the fuck out? She's not as disturbing or gross as, say, the Blood Starved Beast or The One Reborn, but I find her much creepier. Something about that invisible head, all of those arms, and the way she moves...that forward shuffle with the arms flailing about is just weird.

When everything goes dark and all you can really see are the flailing blades, that was one of my favorite parts of the game. It was so reminiscent of a true nightmare. Just amazing design. Too bad the real one mainly just walks into the wall haha.

Xeteh

Welp, I just had a moment of frustration.

Endgame spoilers:

So I'm fighting Moon Presense... its the first time I've fought it, eeven though I've been to this point several times I haven't decided to move in to NG+ yet. So I'm fighting it with my Chikage and doing great damage. Then it pulls off that red AoE and it keeps killing me from full health. I try dodging it, I'm sure I'm getting the timing right but I'm dying. I try hiding behind the crosses or whatever they are, no go. I die like 8 times to this same attack and finally think fuck it, I need to see what I'm missing. Turns out it drops you down to 1hp and I've got my Chikage transformed. I would've died 39239 times had I not looked it up... either that or it I would have had to get lucky and weirdly enough not having it transformed. And as so as soon as I know to untransform my weapon as soon as it grabs its dumb face, I kill it immediately.

Any other weapon and I don't have this problem! I was getting pretty frustrated but then had a laugh once I found that out.

knitoe

Welp, I just had a moment of frustration.

Endgame spoilers:

So I'm fighting Moon Presense... its the first time I've fought it, eeven though I've been to this point several times I haven't decided to move in to NG+ yet. So I'm fighting it with my Chikage and doing great damage. Then it pulls off that red AoE and it keeps killing me from full health. I try dodging it, I'm sure I'm getting the timing right but I'm dying. I try hiding behind the crosses or whatever they are, no go. I die like 8 times to this same attack and finally think fuck it, I need to see what I'm missing. Turns out it drops you down to 1hp and I've got my Chikage transformed. I would've died 39239 times had I not looked it up... either that or it I would have had to get lucky and weirdly enough not having it transformed. And as so as soon as I know to untransform my weapon as soon as it grabs its dumb face, I kill it immediately.

Any other weapon and I don't have this problem! I was getting pretty frustrated but then had a laugh once I found that out.

That eye move puts you to 1 health life. You are suppose to run up and attack the boss to get your life back. With the Chikage in 2H mode, you will die every time since you have 1 life and the sword's health draining effect will kill you right afterward. For this boss, I just use another weapon

DirtyGMR

Neo Member
Okay, I am really struggling against the Watchdog in Defiled Chalice. I'm LVL 114 with these stats:

VIT - 52
END - 38
STR - 27
SKL - 25
BT - 9
ARC - 13

I have the Saw Cleaver at +10 and the following weapons at +8: Hunter Axe, Ludwigs and Tonitrus.

What weapon works best and should I lvl up a certain stat to help with this boss fight?

ISee

Oh wow, the description for Pebbles is amazing.

Small pebbles found throughout Yharnam.

Can be thrown at foes.

Quite thrilling.

And they also look like eyeballs... very disturbing considering you loot pebbles from crows who were feasting on corpses...

Does anyone know how many points in arcane you need to equip a fire gem, I have 15 at the moment and wanted to try it in my axe but it won't let me,unless of course I'm doing something totally wrong?

Co-op with Trusty Patches

F
orbidden
F
orest
spoilers

That's awesome. Patches being trusty and making friends wherever he goes. :D

Does anyone know how many points in arcane you need to equip a fire gem, I have 15 at the moment and wanted to try it in my axe but it won't let me,unless of course I'm doing something totally wrong?

Check the shape of the gem. They have to fit with the ones on your weapons. The gems don't have requirements as far as I know.

Almost killed shadow of yharnam on my first try ;_; my mistake wss i lost aggressivenes once those snakes start popping out of nowhere. I think ill be fine in my 2nd try though.

Ferr986

Roughly 95% of the summons I get to help me fight bosses die in the first 30 seconds. I think a lot of people need to go through the chalice dungeons at or around level 50 like I did to improve their skill.

tbh honest the HP penalty is kinda annoying. Bosses basically two shot you at most.

bargeparty

Didn't Hidetaka Miyazaki release a wallpaper or something? I thought I saved a reddit post from before I started playing the game, but for the life of me I can't find it again.

Xeteh

That eye move puts you to 1 health life. You are suppose to run up and attack the boss to get your life back. With the Chikage in 2H mode, you will die every time since you have 1 life and the sword's health draining effect will kill you right afterward. For this boss, I just use another weapon

I don't think you finished reading my post. I looked it up and it wasn't an issue if I just untransformed the Chikage when it grabbed its face to cast it.

Respect

Oil Urn is my favorite description, mostly for the end bit:

"When this urn hits its mark, the target is drenched in oil, and made extremely flammable.

Fire is commonplace on the hunt, and oil urns accentuate its effect.

Sometimes, When hunters burn beasts, they appear intoxicated by the euphoria of purification."

Okay, I am really struggling against the Watchdog in Defiled Chalice. I'm LVL 114 with these stats:

VIT - 52
END - 38
STR - 27
SKL - 25
BT - 9
ARC - 13

I have the Saw Cleaver at +10 and the following weapons at +8: Hunter Axe, Ludwigs and Tonitrus.

What weapon works best and should I lvl up a certain stat to help with this boss fight?
What is the issue? Do you know the signs of his moves? Bait his head swipe, dodge towards whatever side he is attacking from and hit 1-2 times and 2 backstep to be out of range of his attacks. Axe 2-handed mode might be more useful since you can hit his head, breaking his "armor" which causes him to be stagger, allowing a few hits. Also the head will take more dmg as well now.

The detail in this game is so fantastic. Nothing more badass than swinging your blade and missing the target but you see the force of the blade cut the air and blow the clothes of the enemy

knitoe

I don't think you finished reading my post. I looked it up and it wasn't an issue if I just untransformed the Chikage when it grabbed its face to cast it.
I have probably help people kill it 30X, and even though I am on a Chikage / bloodtinge build, I still switch to another weapon against it. Don't know if there's a delay in registering the switching from 2H drain to 1H stop, but it does randomly kill me after the eye attack. I haven't notice that issue with my secondary weapon, Burial Blade.

I think yes. The game cares only about lvl difference. I also already helped ppl beat a boss and they had a weapon you only get when you beat the game. I was in my first playthrough,

You can get every weapon in NG. Now, if they are using the weapon on beggining bosses, yes, most likely they are in NG+.

Xeteh

I have probably help people kill it 30X, and even though I am on a Chikage / bloodtinge build, I still switch to another weapon against it. Don't know if there's a delay in registering the switching from 2H drain to 1H stop, but it does randomly kill me after the eye attack. I haven't notice that issue with my secondary weapon, Burial Blade.

Nah, no delay. The tell on the AoE is super obvious so yeah, if you transform it before it goes off you're fine.

knitoe

Nah, no delay. The tell on the AoE is super obvious so yeah, if you transform it before it goes off you're fine.

I am not talking about the Eye attack. Instead, the on / off drain affect of the Chikage. Just use another weapon or deal with randomly dying due to the Chikage drain affect.

cm osi

gotta say it's real fucking bullshit that phtumero descendant blades can clip through pillars and still deal damage. kinda cheap

I didn't expect to finish the game (NG) today.. but I sure did!

The Gerhman fight was amazing. Much to my surprise he went down on the first attempt, but he very nearly killed me a few times. Probably my favourite fight (that I've tried) thanks to the music and the scenery.

And then some creepy thing appeared and wrecked my shit. Had to summon an ally for that one. It was simply too fast for me to handle, and I found its movements generally difficult to read.

Amazing game, and I haven't even touched chalice dungeons yet.. so I guess that's next on my calendar. Can anyone tell me if dungeons are affected by NG+ mode?

UrbanRats

Sort of a longshot, but i'll try asking anyway, anyone has a gif of a player with the Tonitrus, going "let's do this", charging it up, and immediately getting wrecked by a chalice dungeon boss, with lightning all over?
Saw it soon after the game was out, but i can't find it.

knitoe

Sure, but how many people will have gotten that far and still have bosses left to kill?
There are still plenty of optional bosses if they haven't done them. And, I said it was possible to get all the weapons on NG. Which is true. If you help people on the require bosses and they had the Burial Blade, then yes, they are in NG+.

cm osi

I meant the fact that you can attack him through walls too.

oh... i didn't tought of cheesing through him like that since i was referring to his blade throw attack. i feel kinda dirty beating him like that since a couple of time i died with only 1/10 of life remaining fightning him legit...whatever, thanks

Top Bottom