• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

SxP

Playing through C
ainhurst
C
astle
currently, and I think this is definitely the best looking area in all Souls games. And that says a lot, since I've been very impressed by a lot of the area's in Bloodborne. The interiors in this game are absolutely insane.

keit4

Banned
Playing through C
ainhurst
C
astle
currently, and I think this is definitely the best looking area in all Souls games. And that says a lot, since I've been very impressed by a lot of the area's in Bloodborne. The interiors in this game are absolutely insane.

My favorite area as well. I got strong Castlevania vibes from it.

oh... i didn't tought of cheesing through him like that since i was referring to his blade throw attack. i feel kinda dirty beating him like that since a couple of time i died with only 1/10 of life remaining fightning him legit...whatever, thanks

You're way too honorable. That boss isn't going to give you any such favors. I use everything I can to my advantage.

Ferr986

I've been told Mensis is the biggest spot for PvP.

All my invasions there consisted on the host running his ass off from me till they get two partners to gank me lol

Kinda funny in retrospect, but I like the Frontier better.

All my invasions there consisted on the host running his ass off from me till they get two partners to gank me lol

Depends what area you ring your bell in. I notice that if you ring the bell around the first lamp, they are always alone. If you ring anywhere near the spiders or after M
icholash
, 9 times out of ten the beckoner will have cooperators.

If you want to be a bastard you can invade where the frenzy happens, the one you are invading takes all the fun! The frenzy doesn't affect you

Beaulieu

Okay, I am really struggling against the Watchdog in Defiled Chalice. I'm LVL 114 with these stats:

VIT - 52
END - 38
STR - 27
SKL - 25
BT - 9
ARC - 13

I have the Saw Cleaver at +10 and the following weapons at +8: Hunter Axe, Ludwigs and Tonitrus.

What weapon works best and should I lvl up a certain stat to help with this boss fight?

put all the armors that protect against fire.
but try to never get hit anyways as it will kill you.
here's how I did it with the cane, after something like 25 tries.
hardest boss of the game for me by far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGSBLbUmREs

Which is better path to take... That hidden cave entrace with a lot of dog cages behind that old woman house in forbidden forest or the path beyond the shadow of yharnam boss? I dont want to miss any npc quest lines.

Which is better path to take... That hidden cave entrace with a lot of dog cages behind that old woman house in forbidden forest or the path beyond the shadow of yharnam boss? I dont want to miss any npc quest lines.

Hmm I will try to be as generic as possible :p Take the path behind the dog cage
That will take you to a very familiar place, listen and do what is mention to you. Return there after a certain game event takes place and kill X to get a item required.

Onemic

Hmm I will try to be as generic as possible :p Take the path behind the dog cage
That will take you to a very familiar place, listen and do what is mention to you. Return there after a certain game event takes place and kill X to get a item required.

Do you mean kill that woman that asks you to bring people to her? Just making sure that I've gone through this already lol

Was going to fight Djura honorably in NG+ this time.
Stupid motherfucker backstepped off the tower after 20 seconds of fighting.
Goddamnit.

Do you mean kill that woman that asks you to bring people to her? Just making sure that I've gone through this already lol

Yeah she drops an umbilical cord. Normally there are 4 possible umbilical cord you get obtain in the game. You need to consume 3 before the end to fight the secret boss. You get 1 umbilical cord, which is dropped by Mergo's Wet Nurse and is a required boss. 1 umbilical cord in the Abandoned Old Workshop. 1 umbilical cord from killing Fake Iosefka after killing Rom. And the last 1 umbilical cord from killing Arianna's "baby" if you sent her to the chapel (not sure if its obtainable if you sent her to the clinic) after beating Mergo's wet nurse.

benjammin

ebrietas
down. Managed to kill her on my third try, but I got very lucky. I had her down to maybe 10% health and baited her head attack. She went for it, I hit her with an R2 and it staggered her. I hit her with a visceral attack and I thought I had done it. But she still had a sliver left. I ran in and hit her as she hit me. She died and I finished with a tiny sliver of hp left. Easily the toughest boss so far, but what a great fight.

Soulhouf

It's just such a staple of all of FS's games that I miss it.

1395637127106.jpg

I want the Dark Slayer. It looks so much cooler.

IMG_2961.jpg~original

I can't believe Fron Soft didn't put it in any Souls game.

My favorite area as well. I got strong Castlevania vibes from it.

I can't express how incredibly hyped I was when
A SECOND SECRET CASTLE MATERIALIZED AFTER BEATING THE FIRST ONE, only to find that it wasn't a full new area (also not upside-down).
Still an awesome moment and amazing reference.

DukeBobby

I got the platinum weeks ago, but reading the strategy guide has made me want to play it again for a fourth time.

God, I love this game. No other game has been able to hold my attention since.

Danielsan

Finished the game tonight. Pretty much did all there was to do outside of the Chalice dungeons. This game is a lock for Game Of The Year for me. Other games may try, but this game is something truly special. Especially after the latest patch I have nothing bad to say about this game.

From the incredible atmosphere and art direction to the brilliant combat and outstanding level and enemy design. This game is a master piece through and through. I can't wait to go through it again and try new weapons, attempt new play styles, go further into the chalice dungeons and get better grasp on the game's story.

I got the platinum weeks ago, but reading the strategy guide has made me want to play it again for a fourth time.

God, I love this game. No other game has been able to hold my attention since.
It's a damn fine game. I'm playing Dragon age Inquisition on the "hardest" difficulty and it's not even challenging like Bloodborne. The combat isn't in the same league and the enemies are bullshit compared to Bloodborne. Witcher 3 and MGS V seem like they'll be awesome.

IrishNinja

the one reborn is such an asshole

i get him down to maybe 40% but yeah, drown in vomit or some other thing happens

such an asshole

Showaddy

So after having so much fun madly swinging Axe/Kirkhammer/Ludwig's around in my first playthrough I figured I'd try something different on my 2nd playthrough with a different build and raced to Cainhurst as quick as I could, ran past all the enemies and grabbed Reiterpallasch/Evelyn.

Feels almost like a different game in terms of combat now im actually using the parry system. Still really fun.

joecanada

Okay, I am really struggling against the Watchdog in Defiled Chalice. I'm LVL 114 with these stats:

VIT - 52
END - 38
STR - 27
SKL - 25
BT - 9
ARC - 13

I have the Saw Cleaver at +10 and the following weapons at +8: Hunter Axe, Ludwigs and Tonitrus.

What weapon works best and should I lvl up a certain stat to help with this boss fight?

huh not a big deal but personally I would have built something like this:

VIT - 52 (40)
END - 38 (28)
STR - 27 (50)
SKL - 25 (35)
BT - 9 (9)
ARC - 13 (whatever)

I'm not an expert though, and your build is certainly viable, but just wonder what others would do in this scenario... assuming ludwigs and tonitrus and saw cleaver are your mains.... also I would probably have +10 the ludwig but everyone does that so its kinda boring...

zarnold56

I am starting my 2nd playthrough of this and looking for a guide to use so I don't miss anything this time. Anyone have an online guide they recommend?

Feels almost like a different game in terms of combat now im actually using the parry system. Still really fun.

I ended up mastering the parry technique at the very end of the game after fumbling with it throughout my entire journey. But one it clicked it really clicked. Sometimes I am dancing with death depending on my timing, but when your bullet hits and you hear the thud followed by a blood splattered visceral it is so satisfying.

Certainly a gamechanger for me and it making my second character damn exciting. I can't help but think of my first playthroughs of Souls games as practice mode, where things don't really start to come together until the second character.

Rozart

What's a good level to start NG+ at? I'm currently at level 85.

Also, there's a locked door around the Cathedral area-- the one which is
right next to a treasure chest containing a blood gem
and you'd have to get past the
giant with the huge ball and chain
to get to the room. Is there any way to open that door?

What's a good level to start NG+ at? I'm currently at level 85.

Also, there's a locked door around the Cathedral area-- the one which is
right next to a treasure chest containing a blood gem
and you'd have to get past the
giant with the huge ball and chain
to get to the room. Is there any way to open that door?

85 should be fine, I started NG+ at 81.

And, unfortunately no.

Nameless

PvP is pretty amazing; I've encountered so many odd hunters with unique styles. Fought a surprisingly tough fight against The Joker last night who was only wielding Evelyn. Even killed Sephiroth, but Van Helsing rekt me.

zsswimmer

Where am I supposed to go after defeating the BSB? I tried that Chalice dungeon from the chalice that it dropped, but the boss is too hard, so Im assuming thats not the story progression. Something about a door opening in the cathedral ward? Is that the right way?

PvP is pretty amazing; I've encountered so many odd hunters with unique styles. Fought a surprisingly tough fight against The Joker last night who was only wielding Evelyn. Even killed Sephiroth, but Van Helsing rekt me.
Where are you fighting these colorful group of people

Where am I supposed to go after defeating the BSB? I tried that Chalice dungeon from the chalice that it dropped, but the boss is too hard, so Im assuming thats not the story progression. Something about a door opening in the cathedral ward? Is that the right way?

Yep.

Grexeno

There's an unlocked door in Oedon Chapel.

Rozart

85 should be fine, I started NG+ at 81.

And, unfortunately no.

Dammit, From! Was really curious to see where that door would lead to.

Haha, now I want to know what the Joker looked like.

Top Bottom