• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

zsswimmer

Try getting them down to the point they power up, then get a charged attack on the back while they're powering up so you can go for a visceral.

Good suggestion. With the ones by the staircase I just lure them down there since they are too tall to go down, and just attack and roll back. Still, one of their strong attacks is like 3/4 of my hp

Just had my first session post patch. Bravo, From Software, the load times no longer make me want to sell the game. I know it wasn't that bad for most people but I've been playing Dark Souls II on PC so it was super, super annoying to me.

joecanada

Good suggestion. With the ones by the staircase I just lure them down there since they are too tall to go down, and just attack and roll back. Still, one of their strong attacks is like 3/4 of my hp

ya you can use a lunge there as well... actually later on charging them works best because you can damage them initially then finish them off when they pause to heal... at a bit higher level I now run in with charge attack then r1 them to death

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
This guide is a goddamn masterclass in gaming guides. I think the last time I enjoyed a guide this much was my Final Fantasy 6 guide.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
God this fucking Bloodtinge build is not working out too well right now. I need to get BSB and Logarius out of my way to get to the Evelyn and Chikage, but holy shit BSB is a brick wall. Even ripostes barely do 10% damage. His second form feels invincible to me right now. I don't want to pump up Skill...I want Vit, End and BT.

Shit, that sucks so hard people haha.

Durden77

Is there anyway to open that damn gate to the right of the big bonfire in the opening area? Beat the game and I still don't know if there is.

Curufinwe

It shouldn't be that hard to find. Are you doing every dungeon you've unlocked?

Kind of. I never beat Rom at the end of one of them.

I read I can probably get two more trophies just by beating the first boss of Ailing Loran.

Got them both, so now all I have left is the rest of the chalice dungeons.

gunbo13

I don't mean to question the all mighty knowledge of reddit and UT...well I guess I do. I have yet to get a
blood chunk
from the werewolves of upper c.

Last farming runs.
6 upper c runs - 0
chunks
6 cainhurst runs - 4
chunks

I'm going to keep at it to see if I ever get one from upper c. Have two eye runes and 258 discovery, level 134.

Respect

Parry windows need to be expanded for vial usage...so many times I connect on a shot with their hand in the air with the vial, they don't heal but they aren't parried either.

I don't mean to question the all mighty knowledge of reddit and UT...well I guess I do. I have yet to get a
blood chunk

Last farming runs.
6 upper c runs - 0
chunks
6 cainhurst runs - 4
chunks

I'm going to keep at it to see if I ever get one from upper c. Have two eye runes and 258 discovery, level 134.
Oh I've definitely found some. But it's very rare and more risky.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I'll try asking this again with a little more clarity and hopefully someone can help: I inadvertently made an Arcane build. What do I do when I fight a boss that's strong to bolt/fire?

knitoe

blood chunk

Last farming runs.
6 upper c runs - 0
chunks
6 cainhurst runs - 4
chunks

Last time I did it, I got 10 chunks on about 30 min with discovery of 230ish. Cainhurst probably has a higher chance, but Upper is so much faster since the 5 werewolves are so close.

gunbo13

Last time I did it, I got 10 chunks on about 30 min with discovery of 230ish. Cainhurst probably has a higher chance, but Upper is so much faster since the 5 werewolves are so close.
Speed I will give you. The From ninjas are around though so I just got 3 from 6 upper c runs. So I can see upper c speed winning as long as the game isn't running dry on you.

Footos22

Platinum get.
The hunt is over. For now

Last chalice dungeon was so easy.
Forgot messengers gift item so had to kill amelia and Gascoigne again. Killed them and for hell of it beat bloodstarved beast and cleric beast all in same life. Chalice dungeons make you a beast yourself.

Any reason other than farming Ritual materials to keep a done-and-dusted CD open?

Accidentally scratched my completed Pthumeru Ihyll.

Also, if I create/join a Pthumeru Ihyll Root CD, will the same bath messenger be in there? Forgot to buy whatever Chalice he was selling before I accidentally'd it.

Cheers, Gaf.

Top Bottom