• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Alric

fuck Martyr Longarius, fuck that shit, i just want to get Chikage for my Bloodtinge build but he didn't let me get it. Lv43 now, should i go back later or continue to fight him?

After you get you get him past the first all magic phase he gets a lot easier when you can spam visceral attack him during his later melee phase.

hmm just used the reddit spreadsheet and got a quick bloodrock. Don't have the other chalices yet. Wil lhave to do ize tomorrow or something.

+10 blade of mercy
+10 burial blades
+10 chikage
+9 ludwig
+9 saw cleaver
+9 reaeaiwnhwh fencer/gunblade thingy

prob will + 10 ludwig, and it looks like there isn't much point to uncanny/lost weapons since you can just farm the right cursed blood gem for +23-26% phy attack

im also a super high level (257+ or something) lol.

After you get you get him past the first all magic phase he gets a lot easier when you can spam visceral attack him during his later melee phase.

the problem is that he used sword rain all the time, when i tried to break the sword he attack me like crazy. The framerate during sword rain is shit too so it's very hard to parry his melee attacks

patchday

Grabbed a couple quick screens from the clip

1601952_1438361503141773_2841872908509943144_o.jpg

11154956_1438361739808416_4779476591416111744_o.jpg

what the- haha nice

Semper88

So I'm in NG+ and i was like lets go kill the first boss.. WTF happened to its HP?! This aint fun, its hellah boring now taking ages to kill something.

Anyone else think that they're hearing that stupid chime from the sinister bell lady sometimes when they're not playing the game?

It's happening to me and it's really starting to bug me O_O

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So am I screwed that Gharnum hasn't visibly appeared since the beginning of the game?

I don't even remember his name ha he hasn't appeared in like 20 hours. Though I could "talk" once to an invisible him one time, when evidently he was sleeping because I couldn't see him.

Is he suppose to be gone from hunters dream?

Toxi

Banned
So am I screwed that Gharnum hasn't visibly appeared since the beginning of the game?

I don't even remember his name ha he hasn't appeared in like 20 hours. Though I could "talk" once to an invisible him one time, when evidently he was sleeping because I couldn't see him.

Is he suppose to be gone from hunters dream?
You're not screwed. Gehrman appears occasionally asleep in his wheelchair to mumble about his dreams, but yeah, he mostly disappears after you talk to him about the Cathedral Ward Workshop.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
hmm just used the reddit spreadsheet and got a quick bloodrock. Don't have the other chalices yet. Wil lhave to do ize tomorrow or something.

+10 blade of mercy
+10 burial blades
+10 chikage
+9 ludwig
+9 saw cleaver
+9 reaeaiwnhwh fencer/gunblade thingy

prob will + 10 ludwig, and it looks like there isn't much point to uncanny/lost weapons since you can just farm the right cursed blood gem for +23-26% phy attack

im also a super high level (257+ or something) lol.

Duuuudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... how long have you been playing this game? o_O You and Yoshi-chan should form the "Crazy Bloodborne Players" club or something, lol.

Phreak47

Anyone else think that they're hearing that stupid chime from the sinister bell lady sometimes when they're not playing the game?

Someone at work has a phone notification that is that. Fucker is gonna spawn shit and I don't bring my +9 hunter axe to work.

Duuuudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... how long have you been playing this game? o_O You and Yoshi-chan should form the "Crazy Bloodborne Players" club or something, lol.

honestly the level part is easy.

3 moon runes and lecture hall. In NG+ you get a shy under 100k echoes in 45 sec. Then blod hunter mark and rinse repeat. I wanted to try every weapon.

I love burial blades and chikage overall. Blades of Mercy is good but I feel it sucks vs big body bosses due to how close you have to be. Ludwig is alright but it has so many uses due to its reach.

Saw cleaver is a great starting weapon. untransform has good dps and pretty solid stun.

maomaoIYP

It doesn't take all that long to get all those blood rocks. My first savefile has five +10 weapons (cane, mercy, burial, chikage, evelyn). I got the fifth one about 80 hrs in. I'm past 100 hours on that file now, and I still play it.

I also have 5 characters.

John Harker

You're not screwed. Gehrman appears occasionally asleep in his wheelchair to mumble about his dreams, but yeah, he mostly disappears after you talk to him about the Cathedral Ward Workshop.

I hope not. Because he never appeared asleep...
And he was literally not visible when I saw the "talk" indIcator pop up where he normally is when he muttered in his sleep.

And I'm passed Ebritas

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Are you talking about Father Gascoigne? I think he's talking about the Cleric Beast, which does get a massive health boost in NG+.
Both died fast, but Father G was always the harder of the two even in NG+ because he's just fast and aggressive and the tombstones make it a pain to dodge sometimes.

Never had a single problem with Cleric Beast on any playthroughs. Super easy to dodge anything he does because it's so slow and telegraphed, and easily visceral'ed too. I never even noticed the HP boost, probably because I had a +10 weapon...

John Harker

My Arcane Rifle Spear is almost ready for PvP, it already destroy everything!
Chalice E
brietas
:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP-wYVUDp34

Gonna enjoy this before the inevitable patch.

Nice. No idea firearms could actual do damage like that. Level 75 and I've only used the blunderbus and even then I rarely use it, only on some enemies to counter.

Didn't realize they could actually be effective range weapons, since this gun never really does damage

j-wood

Hey GAF, this is really my first souls game, so I'm looking for advice on how I should be doing my build. Here is what I have so far:

Origin: Lone Survivor

Current stats:

Vit = 21
End = 22
Str = 18
Skill = 12
Bloodtinge = 7
Arcane = 7

I'm using Ludwig's Holy Blade (at level 4 upgrade wise) and the pistol (at level 3 upgrade wise). Story wise i
just beat the blood-stained beast and am working through Hemwick Charnel Lane

How should I keep distributing my stats?

Sayad

I hope not. Because he never appeared asleep...
And he was literally not visible when I saw the "talk" indIcator pop up where he normally is when he muttered in his sleep.

And I'm passed Ebritas
He sleep in the garden behind the work shop, not his usual spot.

lol you almost got 1 shot at the beginning :p
She almost always dash at the start, I was like "get a taste of my counter hit damage fool", that's probably what she said afterward too. ;__;

Hypron

Both died fast, but Father G was always the harder of the two even in NG+ because he's just fast and aggressive and the tombstones make it a pain to dodge sometimes.

Never had a single problem with Cleric Beast on any playthroughs. Super easy to dodge anything he does because it's so slow and telegraphed, and easily visceral'ed too. I never even noticed the HP boost, probably because I had a +10 weapon...

Father Gascoigne is harder but he's got less health. The Cleric Beast is simple like you say but it's got a lot of health. I had a weapon that did a lot of damage and it still took a while. The boost it gets is way more significant than the boost early game bosses get in the Souls games.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Father Gascoigne is harder but he's got less health. The Cleric Beast is simple like you say but it's got a lot of health. I had a weapon that did a lot of damage and it still took a while. The boost it gets is way more significant than the boost early game bosses get in the Souls games.
Hmm never noticed he was that HP-buffed, but maybe. But I mean, I guess Taurus did die ridiculously fast in NG+, but that's not really such a good thing, y'know? xD

myco666

Hey GAF, this is really my first souls game, so I'm looking for advice on how I should be doing my build. Here is what I have so far:

Origin: Lone Survivor

Current stats:

Vit = 21
End = 22
Str = 18
Skill = 12
Bloodtinge = 7
Arcane = 7

I'm using Ludwig's Holy Blade (at level 4 upgrade wise) and the pistol (at level 3 upgrade wise). Story wise i
just beat the blood-stained beast and am working through Hemwick Charnel Lane

How should I keep distributing my stats?

LHB has good scaling in Str and Skill so up those equally up 30-35 atleast. Rest of the points should go into Vit and End until you hit the soft cap on those.

edit. And in this game you should always upgrade melee weapon and put the best gems avaible in it. You should get enough Twin Shards from Hemwick and Cathedral Ward area to upgrade LHB to atleaset +5 maybe even +6

acklame

I am having such a hard time with
Gehrman the first hunter
on my first run through. Help? The closest I can get him down to is around 40% health :(

takriel

I am having such a hard time with
Gehrman the first hunter
on my first run through. Help? The closest I can get him down to is around 40% health :(

Honestly, I just took the weapon that dealt the most damage and fucked him up. Stagger is important, too. Get two to three hits in, and then fall back, and repeat. I used the untransformed Ludwig's Holy Blade.

takriel

What's the fastest way to get to depth 5 chalice dungeons with good blood gems? Decided to start a new character and want the best blood gems on my weapon as soon as possible.

Dragner

yess, finally I managed to Kill Martyr Logarius(it took me 20+ tries), He was a pain in the ass, I heard he is one of the hardest bosses in the game so it gives me a bit of relief for what is left.

Footos22

Phở real.

Headless Bloodletting
and
Pthumerian Queenie
are much harder fights.

That being said, as someone who was served exceptionally well by the Burial Blade, I can envision
Watchdog
being a lot tougher with a weapon of shorter range.

Not , no way in hell. Those 2 fights were so piss easy

Watchdog was the hardest fight in the game. Everything in chalice dungeons i killed first or second time.

That took me a whole night of swearing.

He suddenly popped out new moves i never seen before when i got complacent. the camera was awful when up close and almost everything killed me in one hit.

The last chalic edungeon was such a cake walk.

Descendant you can parry all day long.
Bloodletting beast gives you loads of time to lay the shit out of his "head" and the queen was pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuM6zGGj1KU

Ferr986

What's the fastest way to get to depth 5 chalice dungeons with good blood gems? Decided to start a new character and want the best blood gems on my weapon as soon as possible.

Get short ritual chalice and pray the RNG gods it match you with someone in a depth 5 root chalice (or use a password and be summoned by a friend). You won't still be able to make your own chalices though.

For making your own root chalices, pray the RNG gods to match you to someone at ihyll, then advance till getting the root ihyll. Then get Loran and Isz chalices and try to farm the mats to make the root.

Goddamnit!

Can I get some assistance?

Trying to beat R
om
in the Lower
Pthumeru Chalice dungeon
and I just remembered that I had received help in the main story as I couldn't beat him alone.

I'm level 90
Vit 27
End 28
Stg 47
Skill 25

Any help appreciated, and I'll be around for the next 3 hours or so. PM me

takriel

Goddamnit!

Can I get some assistance?

Trying to beat R
om
in the Lower
Pthumeru Chalice dungeon
and I just remembered that I had received help in the main story as I couldn't beat him alone.

I'm level 90
Vit 27
End 28
Stg 47
Skill 25

Any help appreciated, and I'll be around for the next 3 hours or so. PM me

Kill the first batch of spiders, then try to deal as much damage to Rom as you can before he teleports (I think bolt-imbued weapon helps). From then on out, keep the camera on Rom at all times and learn what movement of his leads to what attack. Once you know his attack pattern, you can ignore the next batch of spiders and just try and close in on him and deal charged R2-attacks.

Get short ritual chalice and pray the RNG gods it match you with someone in a depth 5 root chalice (or use a password and be summoned by a friend). You won't still be able to make your own chalices though.

For making your own root chalices, pray the RNG gods to match you to someone at ihyll, then advance till getting the root ihyll. Then get Loran and Isz chalices and try to farm the mats to make the root.

Very interesting, thanks! I will try out the method with the short ritual chalice and hope that I get summoned to a depth 5 dungeon with nice loot.

Rozart

Grabbed a couple quick screens from the clip

1601952_1438361503141773_2841872908509943144_o.jpg

11154956_1438361739808416_4779476591416111744_o.jpg

Haha, that's fantastic.

Oh, don't worry. It's nothing. ...Whatever happens...you may think it all a mere bad dream...
If any amygdalas start hanging outside your window though, don't come to me for help. I'd rather not know.
the problem is that he used sword rain all the time, when i tried to break the sword he attack me like crazy. The framerate during sword rain is shit too so it's very hard to parry his melee attacks

Have you tried locking on the sword and shooting it? That's how I got rid of it.

Top Bottom