• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Heard that several times in my playthough. For this reason I did not feel bad for showing him mercy.

Never heard that before, but then it took me til my second char to get the full monologue of the Doll praying at the unmarked grave... She really does love the hunters ; ;

Slaughtered
Logarus, the Witch, the Mensis Brain and Ebreitas and got four 1/3 umbilical cords
. Any other secret areas/bosses to explore in the main quest or should I just go ahead and kill
Gerhman
?

What the heck? Was flipping through the guide and apparently you can fight
abhorrent beast
at forbidden woods

Yes you do, and it is one of the best moments in a FROM game IMO.

I was the opposite and found it surprising flipping through the guide that he's a chalice boss.

Edit: Ok, what the hell lol

Nameless

Haha, now I want to know what the Joker looked like.

Grabbed a couple quick screens from the clip

1601952_1438361503141773_2841872908509943144_o.jpg

11154956_1438361739808416_4779476591416111744_o.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
What the heck? Was flipping through the guide and apparently you can fight
abhorrent beast
at forbidden woods

It's an intense fight and I'm glad that I ended up doing it on my first playthrough.

I sent the guy to the chapel and then hesitated before heading off. I looked at the guy, watched that he was covered in blood seeming to eat two corpses. Then I noticed that the corpses were civilians and they were entirely unarmed. Thinking back to previous Fromsoft games I decide that it's probably not a good idea to send him back to all the other NPCs. I transform my cane into the whip and smack the shit out of him, expecting him to go down in a few hits. He transforms into a crazy beast, taunts me, and then I have one of the most exhilarating fights on the rooftop. Tense as shit and I barely make it. I used up all of my blood vials.

Like I said, glad that I encountered it that way.

Defiled
watchdog
down after 3rd try. Not that bad of a fight.

Phở real.

Headless Bloodletting
and
Pthumerian Queenie
are much harder fights.

That being said, as someone who was served exceptionally well by the Burial Blade, I can envision
Watchdog
being a lot tougher with a weapon of shorter range.

psychotron

Started new game + today, looking to make it to
Cleric Beast.
Beat him on my first shot. Decided to keep going. Beat
Father G
on the first try. Holy fuck I can't believe it. Continue to BSB, and beat that boss too!! Got to
Amelia
and she managed to kill me. What a fucking rush. All that in one sitting.

Only one trophy away from Platinum. Any tips for when i begin the defiled chalice dungeon? Are there any glyph codes for good co-op/loot?

I killed the impostor
iosefka to get a umbilical cord... What would happen if i let her live instead?

Edit and also there is this room with a big door on it its open but i cannot get to it because this long limbed bum on the ceiling keeps on grabbing me ans taking me to library. How can i get to that door?

Toxi

Banned
I killed the impostor
iosefka to get a umbilical cord... What would happen if i let her live instead?
Nothing, so don't worry. The only thing you missed is a nice rune you get if you kill her before the Paleblood Moon, but it's not a particularly amazing rune anyway.

Mogwai

Phở real.

Headless Bloodletting
and
Pthumerian Queenie
are much harder fights.

That being said, as someone who was served exceptionally well by the Burial Blade, I can envision
Watchdog
This is my experience too. Mercy doesn't have the range or the slow, hard hitting attacks like some of the other weapons. Combined with the short attack window made
Watchdogg
quite annoying for me when I used Mercy.

As for
Headless Bloodletting Beast...
I'm trying to suppress my trauma from that fight. What a fucking mess.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
loving this game so far still on first level messing around killing enemies, only died once so far mostly because i dodged a little early against a werewolf

Phở real.

Headless Bloodletting
and
Pthumerian Queenie
are much harder fights.

Watchdog
I didn't have any issues with both
Headless Bloodletting
and
Pthumerian Queenie
. it's always interesting to see what bosses people have issues with. For myself, I had issues with
vicar Amelia and the blood-starved beast
during my first play through.

PBalfredo

So I'm on track to having this be the first Souls game I beat. With New Game+, am I able to reshape my character any, or do I go straight into the NG+ with exactly the same dude? I want to keep all the dex weapons I didn't use this playthrough, but I also want to make a female character so I can rock the doll outfit while I splatter beasts.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Need help, I was playing bloodborne for a few hours let the game install etc. I put bloodborne into rest mode, now when I come back and try to continue my game or load it says "game install incomplete, cannot load saved data" what the hell do i do dont tell me I lost everything

Toxi

Banned
So I'm on track to having this be the first Souls game I beat. With New Game+, am I able to reshape my character any, or do I go straight into the NG+ with exactly the same dude? I want to keep all the dex weapons I didn't use this playthrough, but I also want to make a female character so I can rock the doll outfit while I splatter beasts.
Exactly the same dude unfortunately. Best make a new character; you can get the Blade of Mercy pretty fast by making Eileen fall to her death.

micolash and the brain
down.

Mensis was not as hard as people made it out to be. It was the first time I was invaded though. The first time I went down like a chump because I was in shock. The second time I won.

squidyj

Exactly the same dude unfortunately. Best make a new character; you can get the Blade of Mercy pretty fast by making Eileen fall to her death.

Pro tip don't kill Eileen before the Henryk fight. You'll need 40k souls to buy the weapon anyway and you rob yourself of an heir rune, henryk's armor, and an emote(meh). Henryk's armor is particularly helpful if you plan to take down Darkbeast Paarl relatively early.

Toxi

Banned
Pro tip don't kill Eileen before the Henryk fight. You'll need 40k souls to buy the weapon anyway and you rob yourself of an heir rune, henryk's armor, and an emote(meh). Henryk's armor is particularly helpful if you plan to take down Darkbeast Paarl relatively early.
I guess it's also pretty easy to kill Eileen this way, since Henryk kicks her ass.

Toxi

Banned
I love "Why not let them be happy, and revel as babes?"
The messengers are so adorable. The best part about getting all the badges is seeing the bath full of them.

From totally needs to merchandise them. I want Messenger plushies with hats and accessories.

Cess007

Neat.

Here is a more detailed map of the Forbidden Woods, though:

Detailed+map+of+forbidden+woods+this+place+was+so+confusing_9e318a_5506430.jpg

My favorite map so far (from my most hated location) :p

Anyway, just beat Ce
lestial Emissary in Upper Cathedral Ward.
I hated that location, but the boss was pretty easy. I think the wolfs killed were way worse than the boss. Then, i tried Eb
rietas
and got my ass kicked :>

fuck Martyr Longarius, fuck that shit, i just want to get Chikage for my Bloodtinge build but he didn't let me get it. Lv43 now, should i go back later or continue to fight him?

Top Bottom