• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Kill the first batch of spiders, then try to deal as much damage to Rom as you can before he teleports (I think bolt-imbued weapon helps). From then on out, keep the camera on Rom at all times and learn what movement of his leads to what attack. Once you know his attack pattern, you can ignore the next batch of spiders and just try and close in on him and deal charged R2-attacks.

I got him. Big thanks. I started going apeshit on him after he was spinning around for his teleport. Made it so much easier to go for the kill from there on.

R1CHO

Nice. No idea firearms could actual do damage like that. Level 75 and I've only used the blunderbus and even then I rarely use it, only on some enemies to counter.

Didn't realize they could actually be effective range weapons, since this gun never really does damage

It's a bug.

Dragner

Noob question: I heard you can spend insight to buy some items...where and how I can buy them?. I dont use the summon feature so Im sitting near 100 insight that I find useless.

Need some advice.

Getting my arse kicked fighting that character (hunter) with the sword in the mansion at
byrgenwerth

Is she/he weak to something?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I love Blades of Mercy but the SKL dmg cap booster is pretty low on it :/

Is the arcane dmg boost cap higher?

The Arcane damage only applies to specific instance however, when you immediately attack with it after side-stepping I believe; there's a cue for this when the Blade uses Arcane instead of Skill. It doesn't apply all the time, and definitely not in tandem with Skill.

Need some advice.

Getting my arse kicked fighting that character (hunter) with the sword in the mansion at
byrgenwerth

All Hunters are weak against Poison so Poison Knives would be effective I believe but don't do that... use a fast weapon against her and spam that Blunderbuss.

Pain, that is what he is weak to. what weapon you using

The Arcane damage only applies to specific instance however, when you immediately attack with it after side-stepping I believe; there's a cue for this when the Blade uses Arcane instead of Skill. It doesn't apply all the time, and definitely not in tandem with Skill.

All Hunters are weak against Poison so Poison Knives would be effective I believe but don't do that... use a fast weapon against her and spam that Blunderbuss.

My weapon is kirkhammer+6. I have lots of poison knives but will I even have time to throw them...

If you stay too far away he launches the lighting bolt? attack which instantly kills you if it hits you. Up close he uses the steam kettle ( well that's what it looks like).

Hanmik

My weapon is kirkhammer+6. I have lots of poison knives but will I even have time to throw them...

If you stay too far away he launches the lighting bolt? attack which instantly kills you if it hits you. Up close he uses the steam kettle ( well that's what it looks like).

have you fought
ROM
yet...? if not, then there is a simple trick to kill her.

I´m saying her, because I think you are talking about the hunter with the threaded cane ?

danthefan

They both have nice uses, Axe has fantastic reach transformed and Spin to win is great for the crowds. Ludwigs both forms are great, but transformed R2 has great uses for bosses and baiting

Yeah I love the charged R2 attack with the axe and the range is great for sure.

fight against him downstairs where you will have room to dodge the lightning balls.

Just roll a lot, i used Tonitrus. He has a gazillion hitpoints but just be patient and careful. He does several long attacks that can easily be punished by dodgerolling and then hitting him three times.

First few times I encounter the hunters I found them hard. Then I realised that just equipping fast weapon (I used kirkhammer in sword mode) and just dodge behind them (dodge towards and slightly to the side) as they attack and immediately follow up with r1 spam till I'm almost out of stamina then back off and repeated. Every hunter fight became kinda trivial after that.

Edit
Except dude who appears in
victory r amilias church later on but you can just cheese him anyway

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Wear Arcane Resist clothing and equip Arcane Resist Rune. Her steam kettle (hahaha) and the laser and the tentacles attack are all Arcane Based, I believe (not so sure about the steam kettle though...?), so depending on your Health the laser may not one-shot you if it hits.

Fight downstairs; or better yet, outside the door (nearby the shortcut) so you have plenty of place to move around without fear of being cornered. When you see her preparing the laser attack, either just shoot her with a pistol (blunderbuss just don't have the range) or rush towards her (risky, but rewarding).

I think I made a blunder I forgot to +9/10 my main weapons before gherman & moon presence and have gone straight into ng+ I suppose im screwed untill I can get more bloodchunks?

myco666

I think I made a blunder I forgot to +9/10 my main weapons before gherman & moon presence and have gone straight into ng+ I suppose im screwed untill I can get more bloodchunks?

You can get them from Chalice dungeons also so might want to check them. But otherwise you need to beat
Rom
before you get decent amount of chunks.

JonCha

What a bitch of an area
Y'hargul
is. I'm now in the spot where there are the three Hunters and I've just lost all sense of fun I was having with the game - I'm just dying over and over.

What a bitch of an area
Y'hargul
is. I'm now in the spot where there are the three Hunters and I've just lost all sense of fun I was having with the game - I'm just dying over and over.

If you don't want to fight them just do what I did.
sprint past them, left at the exit, follow path, should be door on left, go in room and get on lift. You have not only escaped but got back to first lamp. The key is just run and don't fight anything. From here there is also a short cut to the boss which I can tell you if you like.

I didn't bother killing them till NG+.

Hypron

What a bitch of an area
Y'hargul

Run past these assholes, turn left twice, go down the road and open the door that leads back to the chapel. After that you can just take that shortcut and avoid the hunters entirely.

Need some advice.

byrgenwerth

I cheesed her on my first playthrough, she was whooping my ass. After the initial aggro, I would run out of the building. I waited a few moments, and then she would reset back to the chest on the second floor. I would sneak up behind her and do a visceral attack and then sprint back out of the room and repeat until she was dead. If she follows you out of the building simply run thru the building to the other exit and eventually she was give up and re-home.

On a separate note-I got the platinum last night! I want to thank all the players who co-op'd with me, especially thru the last two chalice dungeons, my parents for buying that Atari 2600 way back when, and my wife and kids for staying out of Fort Manly while I was playing!

What a bitch of an area
Y'hargul

don't run. stand and fight damnit! the hunters will not attack if you stay quiet and walk up to them. so walk up the guy in the middle of the room and do a charged R2+ visceral attack, then just spam the fuck outta him before he gets up. that should take care of at least one of them (they don't respawn). then just run back and forth in the room until you get opportunities to solo and parry attack the others.

w00zey

Need some advice.

byrgenwerth

Or you could run right past her and hang a left. Go up the stairs and get the key. Then just open the door :p

I ended up using the cannon on the hunter 3 times and then tried to use the stairwell to my advantage.

myco666

Do you know what level of dungeon starts dropping them ive only beaten the first chalice dungeon

If you only have beaten the first Chalice dungeon I think it would be faster to beat
Rom
in NG+. I don't really remember at what depth you start getting chunks but I bet it is atleast depth 4.

Oni Jazar

This pain in the ass right here (Eb*) took me I don't know how many tries before I actually won. There are just so few opportunities to hit and the rush attack that she does is almost impossible to dodge unless you are in far range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfzLqLNmEGs

With Dark Souls 1 & 2, I felt that the games got easier the later you get in the game (with some exception bosses), this game so far has been the opposite. Which is OK personally. I'm still loving the game and I've been playing about an hour each day religiously.

The relentless oppressive/dark/nightmare nature is wearing me down however. I'm probably not going to jump back in with NG+ right away. There are some places like the woods that makes me really question if I ever want to do that again.

Need some advice.

byrgenwerth

My advice is to go outside the house where there is a big column. Near the big arse monster. Kill that first though. Then use the column to fight the hunter, strafing the column and she can't hit you. Don't get too greedy, a few slashes and go back around the column.

Been playing off and on due to late game chalice content being so difficult and being focused on other things. A
bhorrent
B
east
R
e-fight
in A
iling
L
oran
was somehow even harder than the first time.

I was also helping others in Coop while farming for souls to restock on vials and bullets. Somehow managed to get summoned into somebody's NG playthrough despite being level 115. An invasion even happened. Would've been fun times but it was Forbidden Woods and everybody was on the other side of the map.

benjammin

What a bitch of an area
Y'hargul

Hit the closest one with a visceral attack from behind. You should be able to finish him off quickly after that and he won't respawn. Alternatively you can lure them back to the lamp where they will often fight you one at a time or get hung up on the wall outside. You can also lure them to one of the jail cells and close the door. They won't be able to open it to get to you.

benjammin

Need some advice.

byrgenwerth

Equip your fastest hitting weapon and don't be afraid to get very aggressive. You should be able to get a backstab by hiding under the stairs. After that hit her as fast as you can. She won't be able to hit you while you're attacking. Just look out for her dodges. And remember to dodge towards her unless you need some distance to heal

This pain in the ass right here (Eb*) took me I don't know how many tries before I actually won. There are just so few opportunities to hit and the rush attack that she does is almost impossible to dodge unless you are in far range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfzLqLNmEGs

With Dark Souls 1 & 2, I felt that the games got easier the later you get in the game (with some exception bosses), this game so far has been the opposite. Which is OK personally. I'm still loving the game and I've been playing about an hour each day religiously.

The relentless oppressive/dark/nightmare nature is wearing me down however. I'm probably not going to jump back in with NG+ right away. There are some places like the woods that makes me really question if I ever want to do that again.

Well first of all, everyone probably had trouble with this boss. Second, you're not using Ludwig's Holy blade.

Also, don't get discouraged by the prospect of doing the 2nd half of the Forbidden woods.

taybul

Dumb question but I started NG+ and I still don't know how to equip the hats and shit on my messengers :/

Didn't even know you could do this. Always assumed they equipped the last skin you picked up. Crazy to think that I haven't even fully explored Hunter's Dream yet.

Welcome to the ultimate scrub weapon ;)

Edit: meant to quote the guy praising Ludwig a few pages ago. Damn you mobile.

Considering pvp I'd say the Blade of Mercy beats it handily in that regard. Lost count of the fools I parried (sometimes two consecutive times...) because they only know Dash>R1 apparently.

Ludwig's is ridiculous when you first get it, but once you go into NG+ or late chalice dungeons, enemies get enough hit points that the speed of the two handed form becomes a true drawback.

Still possibly the king of viscerals though.

I read earlier that the Blades of Mercy stop scaling with SKL after a certain SKL lvl. Is this true?

Also which attacks do arcane dmg? I mostly use it in 2H form and have it upgraded to +9. The SKL buff for the weapon is S

Gems:
+18 ATK x 2
+12 SKL (removing this doesn't affect the S rating for SKL but the S rating does turn red as if doing less dmg)

Mephala

Chalice Boss U
dead Giant
is a push over but really cool. I wish it was a bit faster so it was more threatening.
Don't tell me this happens in later Chalices... I was only half joking. >_>

Top Bottom