• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Sayad

I didn't. I was in NG++ too. He took me two tries, though I had him to a sliver when I died the first time, haha.
People say hunters don't scale with NG and NG+ but that guy hit like a goddamn truck so I really don't think that's true...
Hunters fights get easier in NG+ because they retain the same amount of HP. And most people wont survive two attacks from that hunter in NG(or a single parry). The fight is way better in NG+ though, in NG it was just frustrating, getting 1 shot after playing perfectly for 10 minutes isn't fun.

Jesus Christ that last fight was so boring.
The last fight was 7 minutes long lol, had to edit some parts. That's kinda the only way you could fight against arcane rifle spear, it's bad at catching those who turtle a lot. Keep in mind that every attack is also a parry, trying to melee against the rifle spear is really risky(see what happened at the end). The dude is actually good and he's the only one who beat my while I was using ARS(I was the invader), that fight was the payback I guess.

I love how summoning is only tied to level and not playthrough. It's always funny summoning an eager player with my capped build only to have them get stomped by NG+ V
icar
A
melia

Who here didnt cheese the fight aainst dude that
mortally woudned Eileen
? After 2 tries and i saw the damage her slash and pistol does to me i knew i gotta cheese him/her... Aint nobody got blood vials fo that.

I beat him down with the best weapon in the game (Cane) on my second try. He visceral'd me the first fight. I just fought him as if he was an actual person tbh.

Who here didnt cheese the fight aainst dude that
mortally woudned Eileen
? After 2 tries and i saw the damage her slash and pistol does to me i knew i gotta cheese him/her... Aint nobody got blood vials fo that.

I didn't cheese. Tough fight though

You just got to know when to back off

I can't find any Bastard of Loran anywhere. Where can I get it?

Search ailing loran

Can Abhorrent be parried? Am I just wasting my time?

Yes, you're wasting your time.

The only way is to dodge behind him after he does certain swipe attacks which include the "rocket punch" that Bloodletting also had.

Alternatively, you can poison him with just a single dagger to speed things up.

I can't find any Bastard of Loran anywhere. Where can I get it?

I found some in the side path treasure room before the boss in Ailing Loran Layer 3.

njean777

Beat the upper cathedral ward section and the main boss of that section, where should I go to next? Somebody told me there is one more extra section I should traverse before going to the nightmare of mensis.

MidEvlDed

Beat the upper cathedral ward section and the main boss of that section, where should I go to next? Somebody told me there is one more extra section I should traverse before going to the nightmare of mensis.

Smash the large glass window in the Celestial Emissary boss fight area to go to another boss, but be prepared to die...

I didn't cheese. Tough fight though

You just got to know when to back off

Search ailing loran

I beat him down with the best weapon in the game (Cane) on my second try. He visceral'd me the first fight. I just fought him as if he was an actual person tbh.

I used the wooden shield against him. Pretty effective against the gun.

I've beaten him legit twice. He's easy to manipulate if you don't get greedy. If you just get one hit in and back away, his AI doesn't really know what to do. It's programmed to parry the hell out of you if you R1 spam him.

I didn't. I was in NG++ too. He took me two tries, though I had him to a sliver when I died the first time, haha.
People say hunters don't scale with NG and NG+ but that guy hit like a goddamn truck so I really don't think that's true...

Its easy to not cheese him, you need to bait him to attack and given enough distance with the Ludwig can do a charge 2h attack due to him just walking to you.

I jsut cheesed her.. I wish I read y'all posts before firing up the game lol. Now I got to hold this L for taking the easy route. Well there will always be NG+.

MidEvlDed

Already beat that thing. I am done with the whole area. I inspected the thing after and it said "do nothing"

Ah, the altar is to
revive the queen if she was killed in the Alfred quest line.
The only "secret" areas I can think of are
upper cathedral ward and cainhurst castle
. So if you've done those then you're done. I believe the optional bosses are
BSB, Dark Beast Paarl, Amygdala, Martyr L, Celestial, Ebrietas
. Might be missing one.

njean777

Ah, the altar is to
revive the queen if she was killed in the Alfred quest line.
The only "secret" areas I can think of are
upper cathedral ward and cainhurst castle
. So if you've done those then you're done. I believe the optional bosses are
BSB, Dark Beast Paarl, Amygdala, Martyr L, Celestial, Ebrietas
. Might be missing one.

Where is
cainhurst castle
?

MidEvlDed

Where is
cainhurst castle
?

This is pretty much all spoiler stuff.
You have to get the cainhurst summons which are located in the clinic (pretty sure). To get there you have to go through the forbidden forest, through the cave with the poison water and those giant guys, and up the ladder. Then into the nearby building. (The cave is located near the area where the caged dogs surprise you) Once you have the summons, you spawn at the witch's abode lamp I believe (the lamp at the witch boss fight), and go out of the building and down the hill to this large pillar. When you get near the pillar a cutscene will play, and you get in the carriage that arrives.

Caderfix

Where is
cainhurst castle
?

You need to go to Iosefka's clinic. You can get there going through a cave in Forbidden Woods and a poison swamp. You'll be back in Yharnam. There'll will be an open gate and a leaver, use the leaver to open a short cut and go through the gate that was open. Eventually you'll get in the building, look for an item on a bed, it's an envelope. After you get that, telepor to the area you've fought the Hemwick Witch and go towards the beggining of the area, no shortcuts. Once you reach the area with two executioners, go twards the ocean and a cutscene will triger. Get inside the carriage and you'll be at the entrance of the castle.

Explore the area 100%, there are some REALLY good items there.

Are bosses in chalice dungeons randomised or it it only in root chalice dungeons.

I completed lower Hintertomb today and the 4 bosses were as follows:
Maneater Boar - layer 1
Keeper of the Old Lords - layer 2
Watchdog of the Old Lords - layer 3 fuk that one btw lol when using blades of mercy
BSB - layer 4

That doesn't seem to follow what the fextralife wiki has for that dungeon. Maybe it was a root version I was playing.

/confused

Finally reached Chalice I
hz
E
lbrietas
, beat it on the second try.

I've decided I'm just going to wait until NG++ to do Cursed/Defiled Chalice stuff which feels like the next big difficulty spike relative to your character's main game progression.

Ferr986

oh man,
Pthumerian Descendant
is worse than
Abhorrent, Bloodletting, and whatever non defiled boss in Chalice
Dude doesnt give a fuck about anything, want him to spam attack you without stamina recovering? sure!

/rant

Experien

Fuck that Descendant asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear I feel like I am playing the opposite of everyone...

Blood-letting Beast, Descendant, Ebrietas, Father G
, and such gave me NO problems but
Blood-starving Beast, Undead Giant, Master Logarius
, and such gave me quite the problem.

Draper

what lvl are you? I can help you, if you want to help me. I have to beat that jerk too

Embarrassingly enough, I'm lvl 143, and the dude chops me down like no other.

I swear I feel like I am playing the opposite of everyone...

Blood-letting Beast, Descendant, Ebrietas, Father G
, and such gave me NO problems but
Blood-starving Beast, Undead Giant, Master Logarius
, and such gave me quite the problem.

Yeah, I don't know, this is the first one that is giving me serious trouble for some reason.

Finally reached Chalice I
hz
E
lbrietas
, beat it on the second try.

I've decided I'm just going to wait until NG++ to do Cursed/Defiled Chalice stuff which feels like the next big difficulty spike relative to your character's main game progression.

What level are you. I did defiled around 140-145, had 40(ish) vit and with 2 HP runes, I was at 800 HP. I did the entire first level without dying, the boss is stupid easy to parry. The 2nd level wasn't bad at all, the boss is pretty easy. Stay close and bait his basic attack, hit once with a long range 2h weapon, then back up. Watch for his tell for the charge (his feet scramble), then dodge left or right twice. Third boss, bait attacks, wait til she does the one where he head drops, run in and unload, then run out. At phase 2 hang out by one of the knees, this kept her in a loop of continually jumping. When she jumps, roll away. When she lands, run in, smack an arm once, camp out by a knee til she jumps again.

I died less than 15 times on all the bosses combined playing a bit aggressive and sloppy. I could have easily gone in with 600-700 hp. I was way more frustrated by the stupid fkn dogs and fire breathing whore at the start of level 3.

Putty

A good nights progress 8) mensis almost done! Just one item remaining, picked everything else up including some fab gems! Axe now upto 475, still awaiting blood rock though. Upper Cath cleared upto and including shortcuts and then went and found the old workshop place. Lvl 91. I feel a boss is close. Still 2 optional bosses I've yet to see by the looks of it.

TheBear

Huzzah, finally beat a boss in this game! Suck it cleric beast!

Now I have some insight (and a few more levels and weapons) are there NPC's I can bring into the Father G fight? Don't wanna burn insight on dropped connections

red720

I finished my first game a couple of nights ago and I'm up to the Forbidden Woods on NG+. Is PVP match making the only reason not to continue to level my character? Do enemies scale at all with leveling.

I'm currently using Ludwig's Holy Blade and I'm about level 105 stats are something like

VIT 40
END 35
STR 30
SKL 25
BLD 10
ARK 15

I'm interested in trying out more weapons and hunters tool and would rather level this character to be good at everything rather than starting a new Bloodtinge or Arkcane build - is it practical to do so?

Aw yuss.

20150429_183111_zps3xi0iwvv.jpg

Seeing as I am not much of a trophy hunter, this is pretty big for me to actually go all the way to get it.

So I picked up the Tiny Tinitrus and it's NOWHERE on my inventory. It's just gone, never even looked at it!
It should be in the first inventory by the arcane items. Just mentioning that since I thought it was a weapon or something and couldnt find it so I thought the game glitches on me when I picked it up and got killed :/

Haines

Banned
I need some encouragement / advice.

This is my first souls game.

Its been a tough road and I'm at ROM. I have lost my desire to fight him but I want to finish this game so bad.

GAF, does the game get better after ROM? I'd he easier than I think? Do I kill all his spider bros?

Top Bottom