• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Created a new character from scratch. NG+ hits hard.
Same here, got frustrated with NG+ and started a strength based character. Beat all the optional bosses except
amygdala
. Just called it a night after getting to the
nightmare place with constant frenzy
. Had no idea how much cool stuff I missed my 1st play through. I never would have found those extra bosses with a guide though, so well hidden.

CLEEK

Did you find the bell lady who was summoning the hags? She's pretty well-hidden.

I couldn't find her. Which was annoying as fuck until I just ran through the whole area to get to the next lamp. I know pegging it past enemies is a valid strategy throughout the entire game, but I prefer to kill every motherfucking last one of them.

+15 HP, +5 Vials and hmmm -7 Physical Damage. Do you have these or going to get them from chalice dungeons? If its the later, let me know the code :)

Yep! I have all 5 of these. a few I needed to grind for the materials to make a likewise dungeon in order to use the glyph to access said runes.

I'll look for the passwords and send them to you in a bit.

Saint9806

Just parry and visceral the hell out of him. Has slow enough attacks to make sure you get it almost every time and
Even his transformed version has signs when he'll attack for easy visceral too.
I get him to transform no problem, use the music box, charge R2 him, then he goes ape shit. I didn't try to visceral him while he is transformed. I will give that a shot. I also just realized you can use the music box more than once. SMH...

I get him to transform no problem, use the music box, charge R2 him, then he goes ape shit. I didn't try to visceral him while he is transformed. I will give that a shot. I also just realized you can use the music box more than once. SMH...

I believe on NG+ the music box has different properties on how long they stun him or how quick it
transforms him

Best of luck bud ;o

Yay! Although now I'm sad I have nothing more to conquer. Come oooon DLC

Do what I've been doing. Get the short ritual root chalice if you haven't yet, so you can quick join co-op others beckoning bells for quick fixes, go after the really good runes in the game like the ones I mentioned last page, and if you're at the end game, help out with the final boss fight.

Toxi

Banned
I couldn't find her. Which was annoying as fuck until I just ran through the whole area to get to the next lamp. I know pegging it past enemies is a valid strategy throughout the entire game, but I prefer to kill every motherfucking last one of them.
If you want to know where she is,
there's a gap in the iron fence in the courtyard up the stairs in front of the laser-shooting asshole. Drop down and you'll find her along with a few other things.

Draper

Do what I've been doing. Get the short ritual root chalice if you haven't yet, so you can quick join co-op others beckoning bells for quick fixes, go after the really good runes in the game like the ones I mentioned last page, and if you're at the end game, help out with the final boss fight.

Oh god. Sounds like I'll be jumping back in :p. So is it hard to find others to join at a high level? I think I'm around level 155 now.

Managed to beat
amygdala
and
celestial emissary
and got to the
spiders in nightmare of menses
and as soon as i saw them i ran out the door and turned the game off.

joecanada

Hey can you explain this a bit more I'm blowing through hintertomb how many more do I have to get srrc? And then how do I get invited

Unkle

Managed to beat
amygdala
and
celestial emissary
and got to the

Don't even bother with them - hightail it past then onto the right!
You'll then find a shortcut that leads outside so you've never got to face them again! Those assholes scurry far too quick.

Draper

I sold the 2 red jelly i found to the bath messengers in the main game. Am I boned?

Haha, oh man. I'm sure you can find enough still (hopefully). I had to dive into the Lower Loran Chalice just to get more to open up access to another. I was annoyed.

Edit: Is there any place that actually shows you what round you're on i.e. NG+, NG++ etc?

I'll ask this again since it probably got washed over. Really curious about how this will work out now.

Regarding the endings...

If I've already
initiated the fight with Gehrman(fog gate is up), but have not consumed the umbilical cords, could I defeat him once without, then load up the same save with the fog gate? Just eat them, then go back in? Would it register for the umbilical ending?

I'll ask this again since it probably got washed over. Really curious about how this will work out now.

Regarding the endings...

If I've already
initiated the fight with Gehrman(fog gate is up), but have not consumed the umbilical cords, could I defeat him once without, then load up the same save with the fog gate? Just eat them, then go back in? Would it register for the umbilical ending?

Yes that what I did to get all the endings

just beat the game. whew, 1st souls game I beat. Really liked the game, definitely a nice balance between how long it was and difficulty. I do wish my build wasnt up to my liking. Went half/half in skill/bloodtinge and ended up using the evelyn and chikage. Didn't feel like I did a good amt of dmg

Clutched it out against moon presence with iosfekha's blood. Only had like 2 blood vials and that at the end and was sweating pretty hard

I don't understand why anyone would ever sell anything in a Souls game.

Same here, if you need echoes/souls, just go kill some enemies for a couple of minutes.

If you are new to Souls, it really isn't apparent that you shouldn't sell things or that they would be difficult to get back. There are quite a few things about the series you need to have a feel for, and would likely make a mistake with if you aren't aware. Lord knows I screwed up a ton in Dark Souls, but haven't really made any major mistakes at all now.

Like attacking a shop keeper or other NPCs....

squidyj

This pain in the ass right here (Eb*) took me I don't know how many tries before I actually won. There are just so few opportunities to hit and the rush attack that she does is almost impossible to dodge unless you are in far range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfzLqLNmEGs

With Dark Souls 1 & 2, I felt that the games got easier the later you get in the game (with some exception bosses), this game so far has been the opposite. Which is OK personally. I'm still loving the game and I've been playing about an hour each day religiously.

The relentless oppressive/dark/nightmare nature is wearing me down however. I'm probably not going to jump back in with NG+ right away. There are some places like the woods that makes me really question if I ever want to do that again.

The oppressive atmosphere always wears me out too. I would love a more cheerful and populated game that kept the tightness and design. A few new ideas wouldn't hurt either.

I sell the doll's outfit every time, and the weapons I won't be using. Extra blood shards (holy shit those things pile up), blue elixers, leaden elixers, pungent cocktails, shaman blades, all the shit I never use.

Kamina

Golden Boy
When you are carrying the same armor 10 times maybe? I had 10 of each part Alonne knight set in DS2, why would i want to clutter my inventory like that?
I sold them for 20k to Gavlan instead.

taybul

When you are carrying the same armor 10 times maybe? I had 10 of each part Alonne knight set in DS2, why would i want to clutter my inventory like that?

It takes ages for me to scroll through all my gems but I'll be damned if I sell a single one!

Hey can you explain this a bit more I'm blowing through hintertomb how many more do I have to get srrc? And then how do I get invited

It's a prize for defeating the third boss in the Lower Hintertomb Chalice. Bosses there are pretty damn tough of course. You'll get the Lower at the end of your current hintertomb boss.

Oh god. Sounds like I'll be jumping back in :p. So is it hard to find others to join at a high level? I think I'm around level 155 now.

I'm Level 148, and am able to to join with others as low as 123 from the original formula, which may have changed (for the better) with the new patch according to others.

I sometimes have to search 2-3 times, but never anymore and can find people with the Short Ritual Root Chalice with no problem.

Going after the extra runes is fun too. So yeah, lots to do still before the DLC inevitably drops ;p

I sell the doll's outfit every time, and the weapons I won't be using. Extra blood shards (holy shit those things pile up), blue elixers, leaden elixers, pungent cocktails, shaman blades, all the shit I never use.

Did you ever make use of storage on the off chance you'd use something like a blue elixir?

I sold them for 20k to Gavlan instead.

Well, I'll agree with you on this point. I certainly didn't need the hundreds of Broken Straight Swords I picked up in Dark Souls. But Bloodborne didn't really have multiples of weapons or attire, with stuff like Hunter's Trousers being the exception.

I think the only thing I sold in Bloodborne were low level gems that were of no use to me.

Managed to beat
amygdala
and
celestial emissary
and got to the

Haha I posted a big NOPE picture on twitter when I got that too. Scarier than
Rom
, honestly.

squidyj

Did you ever make use of storage on the off chance you'd use something like a blue elixir?

Well, I'll agree with you on this point. I certainly didn't need the hundreds of Broken Straight Swords I picked up in Dark Souls. But Bloodborne didn't really have multiples of weapons or attire, with stuff like Hunter's Trousers being the exception.

I've started 15 characters and beaten the game 4 times. I haven't used a pungent blood cocktail, blue elixir, or leaden elixir, not even to try them out. It's not going to happen.

MG310

Did some endgame co-op yesterday to level up for the Chalice Dungeons (at level 3 of the Defiled Chalice)

People who summon you for Gehrman and then send you home with the Silencing Blank during Moon Presence are history's greatest monsters. You get no Blood Echoes for your troubles.

Did some endgame co-op yesterday to level up for the Chalice Dungeons (at level 3 of the Defiled Chalice)

People who summon you for Gehrman and then send you home with the Silencing Blank during Moon Presence are history's greatest monsters. You get no Blood Echoes for your troubles.

WTF thats some BS lol

I'm guessing they're sending me home and then losing/reawakening to MP so that they can get Gehrman's weapon without going into NG+

Hmm, that's the only thing that makes sense if they couldn't beat
Gehrman
on their own. Although it's still kinda lame.

So I'm progressing, slowly but surely. :)
I made it to the building after the hounds in cages(still Central Yarnham?). I think that's where you first fight the hunchbacks? I fell down to the bottom floor and got ambushed by giant rats. -_-

Kusagari

Boo this man. Gif. Haha

Ill be like Lvl 120 by the time I hit the end... Doing all chalices for fun.

I would have liked to experience a better fight. So many people hyped him up and at level 109 I could basically just stand in front of him and chug a vial every now and then until he got more aggressive near the end.

Was such a disappointment.

Toxi

Banned
So I'm progressing, slowly but surely. :)
I made it to the building after the hounds in cages(still Central Yarnham?). I think that's where you first fight the hunchbacks? I fell down to the bottom floor and got ambushed by giant rats. -_-
Have you unlocked the shortcut near the lamp?

And yeah, you're still in central Yharnam. It's a pretty big area.

Have you unlocked the shortcut near the lamp?

And yeah, you're still in central Yharnam. It's a pretty big area.
...which shortcut? The gate by the Central Yharnam lamp, that allows you to bypass the bridge? I currently have three lamps lit: the starting lab/clinic, Central Yharnam(by that coughing guy that hasn't given me that fire weapon, on top of the first giant ladder), and the bridge where you fight Cleric B.

Top Bottom