• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Ferr986

Out of curiosity, how often do you use the blood mode? I feel like I should be using it more than my normal mode but I'm always conscious about the health drain...

Blood mode always for attacking, when you're done switch back to 1h mode. You barely lose HP this way, and you can keep opening your attacks with the sheath attack that does more damage.

I'll try :) But I thought difference in levels should be no more than 10.

range was said to be 10lvl+10% but now it seems that is actually higher than that.

Dragner

After struggling hard with Martyr Logarius I lead to the dreaded Ebrietas and to my surprise...it was really easy, its really slow attacking and I could crit her head easily. It took me only 2 tries. I was fearing I will be there for days like I did for Martyr...

I'll try :) But I thought difference in levels should be no more than 10.

Yeah, like the others said, 10 percent plus 10, although they did change it and I don't think we're quite sure of the new formula yet, but it's even larger so you could even be a couple levels under 125.

After struggling hard with Martyr Logarius I lead to the dreaded Ebrietas and to my surprise...it was really easy, its really slow attacking and I could crit her head easily. It took me only 2 tries. I was fearing I will be there for days like I did for Martyr...

Yeah the bosses are really ymmv. I had an easier time against the Daughter than against Santa.

Putty

Good to know. IIRC neither the wiki, or Futurepress strategy guide mention this. In between which bosses did this happen?

I'd literally JUST done
Celestial Emissary
Then went hunting. couldn't remember if i'd killed earlier in the game as i had her
shoes

Cleric Beast
Father Gascoigne
Blood-starved Beast
Vicar Amelia
The Witch of Hemwick
Martyr Logarius
Shadow of Yharnam
Rom, the Vacuous Spider
Darkbeast Paarl
The One Reborn
Celestial Emmisary
Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

These are everyone i've cleared so far.

Oh, that's the case. Thanks for explanations, guys.

And actually I had old info. I was already 123, so I just farmed 2 levels.

Awesome, well I'll jump on if you still need the help. Which layer are you on? I may be able to find you just through the small ritual root then. What's your toon's name?

So I made it past
Rom
. I been exploring around secret areas and for some reason the secret bosses seem to be more difficult. Or is it just me? Anyways I'm just leveling up for now.

Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

These are everyone i've cleared so far.

I found
a key while fighting him, but I don't have a clue as to what it opens. The description said something about a door that was locked for good reason. I could have used it and not known it, but I don't believe I have yet.

myco666

I found
a key while fighting him, but I don't have a clue as to what it opens. The description said something about a door that was locked for good reason. I could have used it and not known it, but I don't believe I have yet.

From start of his boss area there should be a locked door on the left. It leads to Brain of Mensis.

Footos22

Gwyn's way easier to parry, doesn't have ranged attacks and doesn't change his moveset half-way through the fight so I think he's easier.

I beat descendant first try, just stayed close to him, his wind up of his combo is so blatant i think he only hit me once. Hunters pistol ftw though.

Rom is annoying me.

Worst part is the need to farm blood vials between attempts :\

yes it indeed sucks but an optional area for good vial farming if you did not know is
The big axe guys right before the Witch of Henwick fight
Use Bold Hunters masks for more efficiency.

This happened last night but I'm only now posting. That feeling when you get invaded after a boss that ate your resources and you still haven't reached the next lamp.. only for the invader to turn out to be a much lower level and it is easy to tank his hits and deal half of his health with a single one handed hit.

Rom is annoying me.

Posted this earlier, it might be helpful :) use Bolt paper on Rom, take your time and kill the spider minions. Dont attack the heads, since the spider minions have armor plating and will take less damage. Careful of Rom's AoE attack when youre up close. Also try to medium range from Rom, that will cause her to summon those meteorites or whatever from the lake upwards. That attack is prob the easiest to evade. Or you can attempt to ignore the spider minions and hit and run :p

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Rom is annoying me.

Kill the 1st batch of spiders, and then use Beast Blood Pellet (might as well use it) and then bolt paper on your favorite weapon (or just use Tonitrus) and go wham at her back. It'll take 2/3 of her HP if you can do it fast enough even before she transported away.

Adachi

Banned
So I've been doing some Chalices and in my last 2 dungeons I've found the Lost Blades of Mercy, Lost Chikage and Lost Burial Blade, can anyone tell me if there's any other advantage to the Lost forms other then bloodgem slots?

So I've been doing some Chalices and in my last 2 dungeons I've found the Lost Blades of Mercy, Lost Chikage and Lost Burial Blade, can anyone tell me if there's any other advantage to the Lost forms other then bloodgem slots?

I think bloodgem slots are the only thing that's different? But that alone can alter a weapon's playstyle since the different gem categories emphasize different attributes.

Different gem slots.
Has anyone figured out that door by the chest yet by the way? Past a load of urns.

it's driving me crazy not being able to open it
It doesnt open. But I believe it did lead to the bridge where you fought the Cleric Beast.

BeeDog

Finally Platinum'd the game. Was a bit slow to wrap it up, but there.

One question though: I'm trying to use some glyph codes in order to find my last Chalice Blood Rock, but I'm not able to generate the Lower Loran (Root) dungeons (codes: 6krqjavr, 4292egu2). I only get a "Requirements not met" message, why's that? I have no idea why I cannot create them.

Finally Platinum'd the game. Was a bit slow to wrap it up, but there.

One question though: I'm trying to use some glyph codes in order to find my last Chalice Blood Rock, but I'm not able to generate the Lower Loran (Root) dungeons (codes: 6krqjavr, 4292egu2). I only get a "Requirements not met" message, why's that? I have no idea why I cannot create them.

On a different alter you need to at least create one of your own and use all the materials to make it. Once you do it should be good unless that dungeon has expired.

Sucks that door never opens
assuming we can open it from the Great Bridge, it might've offered two possible paths to reach the Cathedral Ward thus making Central Yharnam a bit more open ended.

denshuu

Finding the Chalice dungeons somewhat boring. Can anyone tell me which I have to do to get the platinum trophy? Usually I don't care about trophies, but given that I'm so close, I might as well now.

You have to beat these 5 dungeons. There's 7 listed because you need materials from two of them, but you don't need to beat the bosses once you get what you need from them. All in all, it's like 20 floors.

Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
Central Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
Lower Pthumeru Chalice (4 layers)
Ailing Loren Chalice (You only need to reach Layer 2 for the Claws to get your All Weapons trophy)
Defiled Chalice (3 layers)
Great Isz (You only need to do 2 layers to get the Red Jelly needed to make the final chalice dungeon)
Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice (3 layers)

I just got my platinum yesterday and I don't think I'm ever going into these things again.

I just got my platinum yesterday and I don't think I'm ever going into these things again.

That's what I thought too until I got the short ritual root from Lower Loran Chalice to quick match you for co-op with people in any of the dungeons you've been in before. Lots more fun that way!

So is the cthulhu beast you could see in the alpha still there in the full game?

Like, after you beat Rom and can see them. I can't see him from the bridge in Central Yharnam. That one chilling right on top of the cathedral though, jesus christ.

Gattsu25

Banned
So is the cthulhu beast you could see in the alpha still there in the full game?

Like, after you beat Rom and can see them. I can't see him from the bridge in Central Yharnam. That one chilling right on top of the cathedral though, jesus christ.
Not in the same location, but yes.

myco666

If you have 40 insight you can see them hanging around before you beat Rom.
But no I don't think the one from alpha is in the full game.

Gurrry

Duders.

After buying a PS4 for this game, playing it for 2 weeks and then getting too frustrated with it to continue... I finally manned up and fired up the PS4 last night.

Before last night, I couldnt beat BSB. I started getting stressed out over it and thus quit. I was also stuck on the Witches, but I hadnt really given them many tries.

Last night - I beat the Witches in 2 tries. Then.. on my FIRST attempt at BSB, I beat the shit out of him. I cant even explain how hype I got after beating him. He was basically what kept me from continuing on in this game (that and having to farm blood vials).

Anyways, im on to amelia now.. and yet again.. Im out of vials. Im looking at places to easily farm them. This is still my biggest gripe about the game so far, but after overcoming my biggest hurdles, I dont mind spending 10-15 minutes farming for more.

Anyone know where I can maximize my vial collection considering where I am currently? (I assume im still pretty early in the game).

Top Bottom