• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Cess007

Well, well, well. It seems Eb
rietas
it will be a pain in the ass. I tried a couple of times, and couldn't get any farther than half her life bar. Funny thing is that i've beaten her already many times while helping others, but when i asked for Co-Op everyone dies too soon :(

Ikon

I was really disappointed with the final boss fight. I went with a new character to get the umbilical cord ending. G
ehrman
gave me a ton more problems with my +9 axe than he did with my +9 cane on the first play through (might have something to do with me being lvl 75 instead of like 100). M
oon
E
ssence
was an inch from going down first try without using a single vial though (I had none left).

Now that I'm playing a str build, how do burial blade/claws stack up against the axe?

Man. I know it's like an unwritten rule, but c'mon, when summoning someone you really should show proper respect and give a hunter salutation, or bow or something. Not much incentive to help otherwise.

Toxi

Banned
I was really disappointed with the final boss fight. I went with a new character to get the umbilical cord ending. G
ehrman
gave me a ton more problems with my +9 axe than he did with my +9 cane on the first play through (might have something to do with me being lvl 75 instead of like 100). M
oon
E
ssence
was an inch from going down first try without using a single vial though (I had none left).

Now that I'm playing a str build, how do burial blade/claws stack up against the axe?
Burial Blade is a skill weapon.

You should try out the Logarius Wheel. 2-handed L2 is complete garbage, but it has a fun moveset and scales well with strength.

Semper88

I think he's the only one amplified so much. I was surprised too when I first faced him; felt like I was hitting him with a wet noodle. Guess this is From's way of saying "Welcome to NG+,
bitch
."

Use fire paper (spend some of that insight you got in NG), and focus on hitting him in his face, with your overhand swing. CB's legs don't take much damage.

Also, for fun, you can summon
Father Gascoigne
for the fight. He does very little damage, but he looks cool and is a nice distraction.

Firepaper is gray'd out. About that wet noodle.. Yea i think your right XD

Might summon that dood.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Firepaper is gray'd out. About that wet noodle.. Yea i think your right XD

Might summon that dood.

Greyed out as in you have stock and it won't work? You're either using a weapon that can't receive elemental buffs or you're already buffing with gems.

Strampas

Neo Member
On my first playthrough I totally missed to visit the healing church, because I didn't get access to it. Hope I won't miss it this time. And now I'm not sure I want to level up before I know what weapon I want to use.

I've been mostly doing chalice dungeons lately. But there are some rooms I haven't been able to access. I figure that from now on I should probably create a chalice dungeon, but then join someone else because of peoples notes and a chance to coop.

acklame

Woohoo, just finished the game for the first time. My first souls game, I can't believe I actually did it.

Gherman
was such a bitch, it must've taken me 40 tries.
Moon Essence
wasn't too bad.

What a game. I enjoyed it tremendously even though I was literally stuck in the very first area of the game for hours. The game was very stressful and unsettling at times, but I just keep on wanting to play it. NG+!

Agreed. Just being polite for the summoner or host. Even invaders as well.

Oh, yes I was supposed to grab you those glyph passwords. Here you go:

Clockwise Metamorphosis +15% HP - abbbxezk - Pthymeru ihyll based Floor 1
It's in the area once you unlock the boss gate, but in the side door before the boss door.

Lake - 7% Phys Damage decrease - qtpuhk46 - Pthymeru ihyll root/ sinister based. Floor 1
Communion - +5 Blood Vials - Floor 2 (same dungeon and password)

Enjoy!

Woohoo, just finished the game for the first time. My first souls game, I can't believe I actually did it.

Gherman
was such a bitch, it must've taken me 40 tries.
Moon Essence
wasn't too bad.

What a game. I enjoyed it tremendously even though I was literally stuck in the very first area of the game for hours. The game was very stressful and unsettling at times, but I just keep on wanting to play it. NG+!

If you die while fighting Moon Essence, do you have to fight Gherman again as well, or does it save and let you go from that point?

MidEvlDed

Final boss tip

Go right. Just beat Gehrman for the 3rd time now, (different endings) and it seems that you always want to dodge to the right against him. When you dodge right you have a much higher chance of not getting hit. When I was going left, his weapon was getting me almost every time.

Oh, yes I was supposed to grab you those glyph passwords. Here you go:

Clockwise Metamorphosis +15% HP - abbbxezk - Pthymeru ihyll based Floor 1
It's in the area once you unlock the boss gate, but in the side door before the boss door.

Lake - 7% Phys Damage decrease - qtpuhk46 - Pthymeru ihyll root/ sinister based. Floor 1
Communion - +5 Blood Vials - Floor 2 (same dungeon and password)

Enjoy!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Is that the highest physical damage decrease? Do their effects stack?

7% seems kind of useless compared to other options.

Is that the highest physical damage decrease? Do their effects stack?

7% seems kind of useless compared to other options.

Yep it's the highest, and yeah it'll stack with others like 5% everything.

I do sorta feel the combo of 25% extra health and 5 extra blood vials provide extra bang for your big comparatively.

squidyj

Yep it's the highest, and yeah it'll stack with others like 5% everything.

I do sorta feel the combo of 25% extra health and 5 extra blood vials provide extra bang for your big comparatively.

people need 25 vials? If I was gearing for general survivability (from direct damage) I would just slot all 3 HP runes and Radiance. Although 7% physical reduction could be worthwhile, physical is a HUGE portion of damage you take.

So, after getting killed by the Cleric Beast twice and feeling discouraged, and shelving the game for a bit, I finally got back to it last night with the encouragement (and help) of a couple of friends.

I mistakenly thought the Threaded Cane would be the ideal "noob starting weapon" due to some bad advice from GAF, so I just started fresh with a brand new character, chose Lone Survivor, and picked up the Saw Cleaver and Blunderbuss combo to get me started.

In one sitting, with guided help from a friend via shareplay, I was able to get through the Cleric Beast (
using that neat little trick of summoning Father G as an NPC to help
) and then get to Father G and summon my friend to help me fight him.

So I've made it to the Cathedral Ward. My first time getting out of Old Yharnam since I got the game at launch.

This is a great game, and it always gives me that lingering thirst for more...but I can't help but feel as though I'm never going to be able to finish it. Even though my friend rolled a new character specifically to level alongside mine so that he can jump in and help me.

(This friend I speak of managed to platinum the game in FIVE DAYS!)

Toxi

Banned
This is a great game, and it always gives me that lingering thirst for more...but I can't help but feel as though I'm never going to be able to finish it. Even though my friend rolled a new character specifically to level alongside mine so that he can jump in and help me.
Don't worry, you'll git gud. The biggest challenge of Souls/Bloodborne is when you're beginning and aren't familiar with how the games play.

Your friend sounds like an awesome dude.

Sayad

Burial Blade is great, you wont miss the axe's charge attack or its long reach and it's generally faster, though BB is more of a skl weapon, not str.

Putty

Woohoo! Thoight i'd fucked up the whole ambilical cord shit! did a search in
isofka's clinic
and found
Adriano
writhing in agony on a table, so i
killed her
and got the 3rd cord. I got another from
Old Workshop
. Who has the third? Boss in
Mensis
?

Peace Tea

Woohoo! Thoight i'd fucked up the whole ambilical cord shit! did a search in
isofka's clinic
and found
Adriano
writhing in agony on a table, so i
killed her
and got the 3rd cord. I got another from
Old Workshop
. Who has the third? Boss in
Mensis
?

Good to know. IIRC neither the wiki, or Futurepress strategy guide mention this. In between which bosses did this happen?

4. Most of my build in the past had a lot of troubles in this depth but with my current build (Bloodtinge 50/ Chikage+10), no mob or boss could stand against it

Out of curiosity, how often do you use the blood mode? I feel like I should be using it more than my normal mode but I'm always conscious about the health drain...

nib95

Banned
Finding the Chalice dungeons somewhat boring. Can anyone tell me which I have to do to get the platinum trophy? Usually I don't care about trophies, but given that I'm so close, I might as well now.

Out of curiosity, how often do you use the blood mode? I feel like I should be using it more than my normal mode but I'm always conscious about the health drain...

always use blood mode, health drain isn't that bad and there are a lot of blood vials in Chalice Dungeons (I only have 14 Skill so Chikage normal mode is useless for me -_-)

Does anyone know if there is a third Blood Rapture rune? I really wanna try and get a full heal out of my viscerals. Bullets is fine and all but I can just make blood bullets and recover with Blood Rapture. :p

Apenheul

I ignored the thread because of possible spoilers but I just beat the game. It was incredible as was expected from Miyazaki. As I saw mentioned somewhere it does feel like a streamlined Souls experience with more emphasis on action in favor of character building but that was fine IMO. Now on to Dark Souls 2.

people need 25 vials? If I was gearing for general survivability (from direct damage) I would just slot all 3 HP runes and Radiance. Although 7% physical reduction could be worthwhile, physical is a HUGE portion of damage you take.

It's not about needing, it's about the luxury of having. Although the 5% health seems a waste when you can be saving 5 or 7 percent damage on everything. I agree the physical damage would seem more practical though.

Burial Blade is great, you wont miss the axe's charge attack or its long reach and it's generally faster, though BB is more of a skl weapon, not str.

Transformed axe's R2 is one of the best attacks in the game. I would not agree with not missing it, although yes, the Burial Blade is indeed a bit faster.

Top Bottom