• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Kaibutsu

Doh, currently at
Moon Presence
and just found out that because I didn't make a backup save it won't be possible for me to get all the non-chalice trophies. Man, I don't really know if I want to play through the game again just to get the first and second endings... I guess that's what I get for not doing the proper research

Geez. M
icholash
becomes a real crap shoot and a waste of time on NG+.
I decked myself out in full Choir Garb and put on two Arcane Resist boosting runes and I still get one shotted by the fireworks after spending like 20 minutes just to get to that point.

I know I can shoot him to stop it.

Chorazin

Geez. M
icholash
I decked myself out in full Choir Garb and put on two Arcane Resist boosting runes and I still get one shotted by the fireworks after spending like 20 minutes just to get to that point.

If you can't stop the fireworks from popping, dash towards him. They're long range, you should avoid them that way.

zma1013

Duders.

After buying a PS4 for this game, playing it for 2 weeks and then getting too frustrated with it to continue... I finally manned up and fired up the PS4 last night.

Before last night, I couldnt beat BSB. I started getting stressed out over it and thus quit. I was also stuck on the Witches, but I hadnt really given them many tries.

Last night - I beat the Witches in 2 tries. Then.. on my FIRST attempt at BSB, I beat the shit out of him. I cant even explain how hype I got after beating him. He was basically what kept me from continuing on in this game (that and having to farm blood vials).

Anyways, im on to amelia now.. and yet again.. Im out of vials. Im looking at places to easily farm them. This is still my biggest gripe about the game so far, but after overcoming my biggest hurdles, I dont mind spending 10-15 minutes farming for more.

Anyone know where I can maximize my vial collection considering where I am currently? (I assume im still pretty early in the game).

Warp back to Cleric Beast bridge, kill the troll with the brick and the 2 werewolves, you'll get 7 or 8 vials every time.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
Geez. M
icholash

I haven't played NG+, but
when I fought him in my playthrough, I also had a hard time avoiding that move. Eventually, I figured out that I should sidestep a couple of times right when he fires.

Soulhouf

Hey peoples.

This may have been covered before, but darned if I could find it! My conundrum regards various releases of BB's soundtrack. As I understand it, there are two physical versions: A single-disc version (NA domestic) and a double-disc version (Japan only).

Most digital versions correspond with the NA domestic single disc release with 21 tracks.

However, the NA PSN digital version is 25 tracks and has the same running order as the Japanese double-disc.

(By the way, the tracks missing from the single-disc version are "Terror" by Cris Velasco,
"Amygdala"
by Cris Velasco, "Of the
Pthumerian
Line" by Michael Wandmacher, and "Lullaby for
Mergo
" by Ryan Amon.)

So... My question is twofold:

1.) Is the US PSN digital version in fact identical to the Japanese physical release?

2.) Is the only way to acquire the full soundtrack lossless via the Japanese physical release?

Thanks in advance for any clarification! Umbasa.

Hey Nick!
I only have the Japanese physical release but doing research, it seems the US PSN version has the exact same tracks.
The Japanese physical version isn't that expensive anyway and it's nice to have it :)

Warp back to Cleric Beast bridge, kill the troll with the brick and the 2 werewolves, you'll get 7 or 8 vials every time.

This. I'm not sure why anyone ever has less than max vials in storage.

Cleric beast bridge, to werewolves then to mobs on bridge to Father G, troll and next two mobs before Gascoign's lamp.

Next choice if you are far enough would be pig xp run.

Essay

when I fought him in my playthrough, I also had a hard time avoiding that move. Eventually, I figured out that I should sidestep a couple of times right when he fires.

What worked for me was shooting him from about a dodge away on reaction to cancel the move's startup and then dashing in and draining my stamina on a R1 combo.

Footos22

Duders.

After buying a PS4 for this game, playing it for 2 weeks and then getting too frustrated with it to continue... I finally manned up and fired up the PS4 last night.

Before last night, I couldnt beat BSB. I started getting stressed out over it and thus quit. I was also stuck on the Witches, but I hadnt really given them many tries.

Last night - I beat the Witches in 2 tries. Then.. on my FIRST attempt at BSB, I beat the shit out of him. I cant even explain how hype I got after beating him. He was basically what kept me from continuing on in this game (that and having to farm blood vials).

Anyways, im on to amelia now.. and yet again.. Im out of vials. Im looking at places to easily farm them. This is still my biggest gripe about the game so far, but after overcoming my biggest hurdles, I dont mind spending 10-15 minutes farming for more.

Anyone know where I can maximize my vial collection considering where I am currently? (I assume im still pretty early in the game).

The 2 ogre dudes in central yarnham infront of the elevator. that takes you down to gascoignes bridge. They drop some every kill. occasionally you get a pointless shining coin. but thats the best place at that point in the game.

I don't understand why people think they need to farm vials though.
I was rolling with 99 in reserve the entire game. Unless you're admittedly bad at this game. you usually end up picking up more then you can carry.

I usually used one even if i only lost like 5hp to just to pick one up that i couldnt as was maxed out.

i prefer it then Estus flasks. But it also makes the game easier as you don't have to worry so much about conserving them. i thought it was a good inbetween between flasks and grass from demon souls.

When you level up just spend the remainder on vials unless you have weapons/armour to buy or what not. Then if you still have money just get bullets.

Geez. M
icholash

I kept getting one shot by that shit too, so I just went all up in his face the next time and he didn't even do it once. His melee attacks are weak as, so it's pretty easy that way.

If you learn his paths, it's possible to
force him to keep running around without going into that locked room and using that attack. It takes longer but you can kill him entirely from hits when he runs through the doorway of the lower section where the key/mirror is. Not a bug either, done it 5+ times now, don't follow him down the drop. Move enough to make him run then turn and run back below. He'll be waiting to sprint into the mirror (misty room where the key was). As he turns down that last hall, turn back and run up the stairs, he laughs/screams and you get in a hit. Rinse and repeat.

Ah Kos...

zma1013

This. I'm not sure why anyone ever has less than max vials in storage.

Cleric beast bridge, to werewolves then to mobs on bridge to Father G, troll and next two mobs before Gascoign's lamp.

Next choice if you are far enough would be pig xp run.

Probably because farming is boring. No one likes doing it. Most just get enough vials for the next attempt and pray they beat whatever boss they're on so they don't have do go back and mindlessly farm.

My biggest issue with vials is that you can carry 20 of them. If you invest in Vitality early it's not too difficult to beat some of the tougher bosses through sheer attrition.

I think an Estus system capped at 10 would be perfect.

taybul

Duders.

My route is:

- Warp to Central Yharnam
- Go through gate on left, kill torch wielding mob
- Go down stairs on left and kill the 2 hulking mobs
- Go down elevator at end, kill all the enemies on the way to Tomb of Odeon
- Backtrack a bit and go down the long ladder to the sewers
- Backstab pig, backtrack towards Yharnam, focus on everything but crows and riflemen
- Work towards CB lamp and warp back

Kaibutsu

Probably because farming is boring. No one likes doing it. Most just get enough vials for the next attempt and pray they beat whatever boss they're on so they don't have do go back and mindlessly farm.

Instead of boring I find it oddly soothing :) I'm strangely neurotic when it comes to stuff like that and just wasn't comfortable unless I had 99 bloodviles and 99 bullets in my storage at all times so it basically became:
1) go to an area and play it for a while
2) go back to the hunters dream
3) go starting area
4) top off viles and bullets
It became a ritual for me. That is also probably why I'm fighting
Moon Presence
at level 107 with about 70 hours of play time...

edit: I also find the mindlessness soothing in leveling up, not only in this game but I noticed I'm able to do it for long periods of times in games like Destiny or Diablo. I'll put on a podcast, turn the game volume down and do the same thing over and over for literally hours.

silva1991

Geez. M
icholash

Dash to him when he does the cosmos spell, pretty much a guarantee that it won't hit he if you dashed at the right timing.

Peace Tea

Duders.

IIRC you're nearing the point where you'll start having more souls than you know what to do with, unless constantly leveling up is your thing.

I always buy an overflow of vials and just let them auto replenish my inventory when traveling back to Hunters Dream. That strategy has worked out well so far.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
My route is:

- Warp to Central Yharnam
- Go through gate on left, kill torch wielding mob
- Go down stairs on left and kill the 2 hulking mobs
- Go down elevator at end, kill all the enemies on the way to Tomb of Odeon
- Backtrack a bit and go down the long ladder to the sewers
- Backstab pig, backtrack towards Yharnam, focus on everything but crows and riflemen
- Work towards CB lamp and warp back

Yep...pretty close to what I do now thanks to a friend. Plus you grab some Bullets if you need them. I've loaded the Discovery Rune on but I really cannot tell much difference. Sometimes I get a good deal to drop and other times not much of nothing

Instead of boring I find it oddly soothing :) I'm strangely neurotic when it comes to stuff like that and just wasn't comfortable unless I had 99 bloodviles and 99 bullets in my storage at all times so it basically became:
1) go to an area and play it for a while
2) go back to the hunters dream
3) go starting area
4) top off viles and bullets
It became a ritual for me. That is also probably why I'm fighting
Moon Presence
at level 107 with about 70 hours of play time...

edit: I also find the mindlessness soothing in leveling up, not only in this game but I noticed I'm able to do it for long periods of times in games like Destiny or Diablo. I'll put on a podcast, turn the game volume down and do the same thing over and over for literally hours.

I pretty much do that. I hear about how damn hard these games are and Bloodborne is my first one so I'm just leveling and playing the same area over and over. I do it because I want to keep leveling up, because I'm enjoying the experience and so never really want it to end, and because I also find it soothing in a way to be able to finally kick the bad guys asses before I move onto a new area. I feel like if I just run through an area then I lose...and I won't have that. I'm a hunter. So I'll hunt, and enjoy every second of the experience (even when I hate it because I'm getting my ass handed to me over and over).

gunbo13

So I wasn't aware PS plus is needed for glyphs. Though it makes sense.

If I farm lower chalice root, anyone know my chances for blood rocks? I'm also curious if it is both regular and sinister ones that have the drops. Also if anyone has scored a drop and where.

Mendrox

Wondering this too... I thought the witches were universally accepted as being the Pinwheel of BB.

Died four or more times on NG+ to them. Bitches shoot their stun lock thing and I always got caught, they then grab you and do MASSIVE damage. Never died to them again after this, but it surely is annoying.

Terrified

there are people who died at the witches?

Wondering this too... I thought the witches were universally accepted as being the Pinwheel of BB.

I can see it taking a long time/being difficult if you didn't know that you had to attack the
old invisible ladies and just attacked the monsters

I died first time around, but basically because I mistakenly concentrated on the
stalkers
. Second time around, I
ignored them
, concentrated on
the witches
and beat it in a minute or 2.

Was pretty embarrassed though, as friends who've played breezed straight through this boss fight.

myco666

Geez. M
icholash

Just try to be close him at all times. His melee doesn't do much and the Augur of Ebrietas start up is super obvious so that you can easily dodge it.

Getting hit by the stun easily gets you killed. Also the AoE does alot of damage.

Witches are easy for sure but the thing is I've never even seen attack from Pinwheel.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Just try to be close him at all times. His melee doesn't do much and the Augur of Ebrietas start up is super obvious so that you can easily dodge it.

If you have the 15 arcane needed, Beast Roar is incredibly useful for bridging the gap while your stamina is recharging between volleys. Not to mention the epic lulz of using it to knock enemies to the death down pits all across the area!

benjammin

I died first time around, but basically because I mistakenly concentrated on the
stalkers
. Second time around, I
ignored them
, concentrated on
the witches
and beat it in a minute or 2.

Was pretty embarrassed though, as friends who've played breezed straight through this boss fight.

I did the exact same thing. I love that everyone has a different boss that they find most difficult. The weapons and play styles that you choose seem to make each boss fight a very different experience

cm osi

dlfdxo.jpg

what those messenger means in the chalice selection menu?

gunbo13

I can see it taking a long time/being difficult if you didn't know that you had to attack the
old invisible ladies and just attacked the monsters
You can get to this boss fight very early if you choose that path. I did just that and was very low level. So I think that boss is tweaked for early runners.

Adaren

I got down to a sliver of health more than once. Their magic attack is brutal, especially if you get hit from an unexpected angle.

It's the best puzzle/atmosphere boss in the game imo. The fight is filled with twists and the arena is awesome.

I sold the 2 red jellys when i first got them. I am pretty worried that i am BONED. Someone please tell me that i can get enough out of the chalice dungeons to proceed! and where to find them. I also missed the arcane haze extractor but i can go back and get that easily.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
On Blood Stone Chunks.....

I've seen these classified as being rare, hard to get and be mindful on how you use them. I've got one weapon (Holy Blade) at +7 and my other two I use at +6. I have (3) Chunks now and was thinking should I hold and wait to upgrade the Holy Blade or put them in my second weapon.

I've done Canehurst with the exception of Marty L. I've done the first section of The Unseen Village and now at the Lamp in the Cathedral where the two Body Snatchers were my first time but no-more. Have not done Upper Cathedral Ward, Nightmare, Lecture Hall.

Are the Blood Chunks a "once found, one time get" item or can they actually be farmed?

Second considering where I'm at, should I do the second part of the Unseen village and get to The Reborn Boss? I saw there are some type of Werewolf that drops these? Thank you for any suggestions....

Struct09

I sold the 2 red jellys when i first got them. I am pretty worried that i am BONED. Someone please tell me that i can get enough out of the chalice dungeons to proceed! and where to find them. I also missed the arcane haze extractor but i can go back and get that easily.

I believe there are a total of 4 you can get from chalice dungeons and 2 in the
lecture hall
. You only need 4 total, and after you lay down a chalice that requires them you can buy them with insight afterwards. I imagine you're fine.

Hello! "Make Contact" ( I'm not english Btw )

I don't know if i can post this here, but i'm noob here so i can't create a thread for it.

I made a funny ( or try to be funny ) video!

A Nice Duel + How to PvP Healing with Deep Respect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwty2XTREtA

Just for fun! Enjoy! Feedback if you want!

I like the video. And this is definitely the right thread to post in. I would not suggest making a new thread to post a video like that. Since you're new to GAF I'd suggest reading the FAQS or ask for any more questions.

Are the Blood Chunks a "once found, one time get" item or can they actually be farmed?
They can be farmed. It's just that once you get into NG+ you are completely cut off from any supply of Blood Chunks in an environment where you're expected to have +9/+10 weapons.

Do I need high arcane to use blade of mercy and the scythe efficiently??
Nope. They scale the most with Skill IIRC. You can also still add Arcane gems to them and get the benefits of physical scaling.

I like the video. And this is definitely the right thread to post in. I would not suggest making a new thread to post a video like that. Since you're new to GAF I'd suggest reading the FAQS or ask for any more questions.

Cool thx! I will post future videos of Bloodborne here then! :D

I'm on the "popular" page of Bloodborne reddit !!! Wooooot lol. I'm happy, it took time editing it and making the music!

My biggest issue with vials is that you can carry 20 of them. If you invest in Vitality early it's not too difficult to beat some of the tougher bosses through sheer attrition.

I think an Estus system capped at 10 would be perfect.
Maybe true for the game proper and even maybe in NG+ which is relatively easy but some of those deep Chalice Dungeon bosses....ugh. Attrition isn't going to help.

Chalice dungeons are really bad.
The layouts are problematic/repetitive and it lacks the amazing level design of the game proper but once you move into the deeper dungeons, the challenge keeps you going. Some of the best boss fights are in the deep dungeons, IMO.

gunbo13

They can be found in lower dungeons, often in root.
It's boring but you can farm the
5 werewolves in upper cathedral
. I do Cainhurst sometimes when I'm bored.
Play some more, get to the new bosses, then post thoughts again. :)

Toxi

Banned
I've grown to like them, but they're definitely not for everyone. The one thing I really wish is that they provided better gems; I've barely found anything that outclasses the gems I found in the main story.

Top Bottom