• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Spoiler-ish question (after the 5th or 6th boss)

I've beaten R
om the Vacuous Spider
, the T
hree Hunters in Hypogaeon Gaol
and I've found T
he Old One Reborn
but found the fight really difficult. Is there anything for me to do in between? I've already beaten D
arkbeast Paarl

Gurrry

Early on, my favorite blood vial farming spot is at the central yarnham lamp. Go down the stairs, kill the villager, down the stairs to kill the 2 ogre guys, elevator down to the bridge, villager bowling, then cross the bridge and kill the last ogre guy and villager at the top of the stairs, down the ladder to kill the boar in the sewer. This should net you close to 10 vials or more in 5 minutes. Then use hunters mark (not bold hunter's mark) to lose your blood echoes and easily warp back to the lantern, and repeat. If you don't have a weapon that hits hard enough then skip the last part with the boar and run back to the lantern if the echoes are still significant to you.

Im about to try this route and the others that were suggested. I appreciate all the feedback.

Ive never been summoned in this game, but do you get items/echoes for helping others?

I've beaten R
om the Vacuous Spider
, the T
and I've found T
he Old One Reborn
but found the fight really difficult. Is there anything for me to do in between? I've already beaten D
arkbeast Paarl

N
ightmare
F
rontier
?

Im about to try this route and the others that were suggested. I appreciate all the feedback.

Ive never been summoned in this game, but do you get items/echoes for helping others?

Yep, you get echos, bullets and vials. No bloodgems, shards or anything like that.

danthefan

Early on, my favorite blood vial farming spot is at the central yarnham lamp. Go down the stairs, kill the villager, down the stairs to kill the 2 ogre guys, elevator down to the bridge, villager bowling, then cross the bridge and kill the last ogre guy and villager at the top of the stairs, down the ladder to kill the boar in the sewer. This should net you close to 10 vials or more in 5 minutes. Then use hunters mark (not bold hunter's mark) to lose your blood echoes and easily warp back to the lantern, and repeat. If you don't have a weapon that hits hard enough then skip the last part with the boar and run back to the lantern if the echoes are still significant to you.

Another way would be once you kill the guy who fires the burning ball down the bridge would be kill the two werewolf (?) guys up the stairs, then head to the lamp in Father Gascoigne's area to warp back, and repeat.

Edit - also kill the guy in the ground floor of the house, he often drops vials too. The guy in the room with guy in the wheelchair. The wheelchair guy always seems to drop bullets.

myco666

First dont listen to anyone who tells you to summon help. Thats not how these games should be played.

This is the worst advice I've ever heard. Sure beating a boss solo will feel better than ganking it with others. However the summoning system is there for getting through parts you can't do by yourself. I don't really understand this "true" Souls/BB mentality.

Gurrry

This is the worst advice I've ever heard. Sure beating a boss solo will feel better than ganking it with others. However the summoning system is there for getting through parts you can't do by yourself. I don't really understand this "true" Souls/BB mentality.

I guess I shouldnt phrase it that way.

Its just that I dont see the point in summoning in these games on your first run through. I feel it diminishes the experience greatly. But then again, to each his own. If that doesnt effect how you enjoy the game, then by all means, do it. I just never feel satisfaction when I summon someone and they beat the boss in 2 seconds and Im just standing there watching.

danthefan

I'm at the point where I need Blood Chunks or whatever they're called to level my weapon, how rare are these? I've farmed enough Twin Shards to level 3 of my weapons to +6 anyway, I assume I'll have to make a choice now?

myco666

Its just that I dont see the point in summoning in these games on your first run through. I feel it diminishes the experience greatly. But then again, to each his own. If that doesnt effect how you enjoy the game, then by all means, do it. I just never feel satisfaction when I summon someone and they beat the boss in 2 seconds and Im just standing there watching.

I understand your point and I do coop only on second playthroughs for that exact reason but the thing is not everyone can do that. Only when the summoned person does the most I think it diminishes the experience.

One time I actually helped someone at Rom and the host just stayed at the corner whole time. I was really annoyed at that time.

I understand your point and I do coop only on second playthroughs for that exact reason but the thing is not everyone can do that. Only when the summoned person does the most I think it diminishes the experience.

One time I actually helped someone at Rom and the host just stayed at the corner whole time. I was really annoyed at that time.

Yep, no one should ever just "stand there in the corner" This happened to me once while I was summoned to another world and I stopped fighting, because I'm not there to do their work for them. I'm glad to assist though.

Saint9806

I've beaten R
om the Vacuous Spider
, the T
and I've found T
he Old One Reborn
arkbeast Paarl

I thought that was the easiest boss in the game. Huge tip is to
go up the stairs to the back of the room either on the right or left and take out the 6 bell ringers. They don't respawn and then you can head down and take on The One Reborn one on one.
It makes the fight much easier.

Saint9806

Summoning was put in the game to be used. It makes it enjoyable and do-able for people not highly skilled. Half the people who have played Bloodborne probably would have quit after the first couple bosses if it wasn't for being able to coop.

I did. I just never used the regular R1 attack. I continually used the running R2 attack on the head until i could get a visceral, then once she
rips her arms off
stay behind her and spam the R2 attack until dead. Basically, in the beggining of the fight use the same strategy that you probably used with R
om

I just stayed behind her. When she jumps, don't move, then get back into position when she lands. She will do a stomp attack often so don't get too close to her legs and move or dodge away as needed. You do less damage than facing her head on, but it's safe and it's easy to do without ever taking any damage. If you are feeling brave, pop a beast pellet to make up some of the damage difference. The fight will be over in no time.
Defeated her first go after making my original post. The last part was tricky as I couldn't predict where she was landing after leaping up.

Also defeated M
artyr Logarius
first time around. Just got in real close and spammed the 2H R1 attack.

benjammin

I've beaten R
om the Vacuous Spider
, the T
and I've found T
he Old One Reborn
arkbeast Paarl

Cainhurst Castle

Gurrry

On my first play through of DS, I summoned a friend for Quelaag. He killed her in about a minute. After that, I never summoned for anything ever again.

The way I look at these games is that they are all about the boss battles. You go through each area hunting for that next fog gate. By allowing someone to just come in and wreck the boss for you, youre basically letting them take the fun away from you.

Again, thats just how I view it. Everyone enjoys these games differently.

Got my discovery up to 258 with two Eye runes (which I forgot I had two of somehow) equipped and had
werewolves
in
upper Cathedral Ward
making it rain with blood chunks. About 5 in 40 minutes which is a shitload for me.

myco666

Yep, no one should ever just "stand there in the corner" This happened to me once while I was summoned to another world and I stopped fighting, because I'm not there to do their work for them. I'm glad to assist though.

I went through the whole fight. Might do like you did next time.

Summoning was put in the game to be used. It makes it enjoyable and do-able for people not highly skilled. Half the people who have played Bloodborne probably would have quit after the first couple bosses if it wasn't for being able to coop.

Yep. Sooner or later they have to learn the game more but making everyone being able progress really helps people to continue.

On my first play through of DS, I summoned a friend for Quelaag. He killed her in about a minute. After that, I never summoned for anything ever again.

The way I look at these games is that they are all about the boss battles. You go through each area hunting for that next fog gate. By allowing someone to just come in and wreck the boss for you, youre basically letting them take the fun away from you.

Again, thats just how I view it. Everyone enjoys these games differently.

Bosses are big part of the game for sure but I've always loved the exploring and atmosphere in these games more. Which really explains way I like DeS and BB the most.

I agree with that summoning takes alot the fun out of the bosses.

Got my discovery up to 258 with two Eye runes (which I forgot I had two of somehow) equipped and had
werewolves
in
upper Cathedral Ward
making it rain with blood chunks. About 5 in 40 minutes which is a shitload for me.

I had about 340 Discovery after equipping all 3 Eye runes and it definitely doesn't increase quality of drops, but those
werewolves
will always at least drop something.

joecanada

Awwwwwwww yis first shortcut in Forbidden Woods unlocked was carrying 60k echoes by the time I got there so that was tense as fuck.

Bought those twin blades with the echoes but not really tried them, killed the executioner in CY, seems they're a lot better when you're behind the enemy?

Also had a go at Paarl. That did not go well.

Blades of mercy? They are awesome but you need the build, high skill and some endurance because you dodge alot

neoism

werewolves
in
upper Cathedral Ward

There was a run on reddit and it was discovered it's best to have no eye runes,...... It really doesn't matter..... Your only gonna get like 5 an hour no matter what ..... They are rare.. Discovery only effects quality not quantity.

Qwyjibo

I finally beat the game. I went away on vacation last week with only the last boss left. I came back and was happy to see the patch too.

Beat the final boss on my 3rd try but he really wasn't that hard. My 2nd death was pure carelessness. Beat the final FINAL boss right away. Good old charged up Tonitrus... rarely failed me in this run.

I still think the height of my frustration was the BSB.

I finally beat the game. I went away on vacation last week with only the last boss left. I came back and was happy to see the patch too.

Beat the final boss on my 3rd try but he really wasn't that hard. My 2nd death was pure carelessness. Beat the final FINAL boss right away. Good old charged up Tonitrus... rarely failed me in this run.

I still think the height of my frustration was the BSB.

It's funny how that works, because I killed BSB first try but
Moon Presence
took me a few tries due to the damn
Optic Blast talking all your halth

Just bought a PS4, basically because of this game (and future exclusives, but Bloodborne is the reason I bought one now).

Still downloading the Patches.

QEUPV7a.gif

Qwyjibo

It's funny how that works, because I killed BSB first try but
Moon Presence
took me a few tries due to the damn
Optic Blast talking all your halth
I'm pretty sure there are more elegant ways to beat that boss than what I did. I just rolled up SUPER close where I was never hit, swung away a couple times, rolled away, repeat.

I feel like there were a few bosses I did that to where some kind of "area attack" would've prevented me from being kinda cheap just by sticking very close to it. But these games are hard enough so I'll take the victories anyway I can get them.

SxP

N
ightmare
F
rontier
is kinda the first area that's giving me trouble. Getting killed by boulders and Frenzy at almost full HP. Thankfully I managed to get far enough in four runs to activate the elevator shortcut so that I can easily fight the boss. Might come back later, at an even higher level, for the loot in the area.

N
ightmare
F
rontier
is kinda the first area that's giving me trouble. Getting killed by boulders and Frenzy at almost full HP. Thankfully I managed to get far enough in four runs to activate the elevator shortcut so that I can easily fight the boss. Might come back later, at an even higher level, for the loot in the area.

Good thing about that place is you don't have to do it right away. I went back much later and just steamrolled through everything.

ryuken-d

that doesn't sound cool at all, I imagined asking a friend to help and then two or three equally skilled hunters would face off against the beast! I play offline to avoid invaders but it also means that I'm soloing my first play through. I might go all in next time.

Gurrry

lol im such a noob, how do you make it so that people summon you to help with bosses?

i feel like id have more fun farming for echoes/vials this way than doing it alone.

Respect

i'm having so much trouble with maryr longinus =( any tips?

Parry him, when he starts that charging up animation at about 65%, get behind him and get a charged attack viscireal to stop the charge up, that bullet repelling shield he puts up makes getting parries a nightmare. When he puts his sword in the ground just shoot it with your gun, one shot will destroy it.

Good to maybe take it slow for the first 35% of his health.

Skii

Just beat R
om
in the Lower Pthumeru chalice. Such an easy boss lol. The areas are really ramping up though. Each hit from a decent enemy is half my health!

Showaddy

Parry him, when he starts that charging up animation at about 65%, get behind him and get a charged attack viscireal to stop the charge up, that bullet repelling shield he puts up makes getting parries a nightmare. When he puts his sword in the ground just shoot it with your gun, one shot will destroy it.

Good to maybe take it slow for the first 35% of his health.

I also found OHB teleport dodges break his combo's for some reason leaving him really vulnerable to attacks.

If you want to experience the intricate designs of the bosses, and have the full life of the game flow through you, don't co-op on NG.

If you just want to "win" and feel good, then co-op away.

Ebrietas down, and with it, the last non-chalice boss. Should have been the last boss - it's a great fight. I kind of feel like I cheated by using a fire paper but fuck it.

i'm having so much trouble with maryr longinus =( any tips?

It was tough for me too. My tactic: first phase, not much to say; get close to him. Multi skull attack: bail on the side. Big skull attack: rush towards (ideally, on the side or behind, but it doesn't really matter) him hit once or twice, quickly sidestep (left, then back). Rinse and repeat. Then:
- Always shoot the sword when he plants it on the floor.
If you want to be kind of cheap: avoid him as much as possible until he does his flying scythe attack, which is the easiest to parry (shoot when shortly after he starts flying down), visceral, rinse and repeat. Could upload a video if that helps. Ended up using few vials, but it was tense.

On Demand

Banned
Wow. One week later after taking a break from the game and I still can't beat Ebrietas. I really feel like not playing anymore at this point. Too stressful. I'm not even enjoying the game now.

I don't how that other person killed her so easily with lower health and no lock on.

Saint9806

Hey! My earlier video made it to Kotaku.com :O:O:O !!!!!!

http://kotaku.com/here-is-a-really-good-bloodborne-fight-1701354954

Some people here saw it before that, and i thank you all! :D "Deep Respect"

Awesome video indeed. Great fight!

Are most people using 1 build to N++ and stacking points into every category or creating multiple builds for arcane/bloodtinge etc? I want to build an arcane character but dread having to go through the entire game again just to get items like the executioners gloves.

Knew it!

Does anyone know where to get the materials for the Ailing Loran chalice? I have no idea.

For the Coldblood Flowerbud, you can buy it with Insight from the messengers. For the Ritual Blood (4), I farmed the two bagmen that are fairly close to the Lamp in the 2nd layer of Lower Pthumeru. If you equip one or two Eye runes they should drop them fairly frequently.

Top Bottom