• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I understand your point and I do coop only on second playthroughs for that exact reason but the thing is not everyone can do that. Only when the summoned person does the most I think it diminishes the experience.

One time I actually helped someone at Rom and the host just stayed at the corner whole time. I was really annoyed at that time.

If you needed and were expecting help with that boss I can understand the frustration. But honestly, I get annoyed when the host *doesn't* take his or her safety as the highest priority. If you weren't struggling with Rom, the host did the right thing by playing it safe. There's nothing more aggravating than having a host die because they got more deeply involved in a battle than necessary.

bargeparty

Go to bow and get attacked. No honor.

Edit: i had no idea you could send voice messages through the ps4. Some guy sent me one after o invaded him... And i lost

HardRojo

Am I an asshole for exiting my game right after someone invaded me? I was low on health and had few vials left :(
I'm deeply sorry invader!

Skii

For the Coldblood Flowerbud, you can buy it with Insight from the messengers. For the Ritual Blood (4), I farmed the two bagmen that are fairly close to the Lamp in the 2nd layer of Lower Pthumeru. If you equip one or two Eye runes they should drop them fairly frequently.

Alright thanks! Should complete Ailing Loran tomorrow and that'll leave just Defiled, Great Isz and Great Pthumeru Ihyll.

Congrats, man!

LOL @ the idiot in the comments saying it's boring. What a tool.

Lol, i saw that "haters" of that video just think it wasn't enough skills. But it's a entertaining video, i tried to make it look cool and funny.

+ i died at the end
, lol so that make them think : OMG i could win that easly

Blobbers

You know what I was missing from my Ebrietas boss fights? A big fat hole in the middle of the boss room.

Thanks Sinister Izs chalice.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I also struggled with him and agree with what others have said....Make sure to equip your most poison resistant gear. Use fire paper if you have any (but remember that you lose them if you die)
I would avoid using molotovs cause hes fast (they are likely to miss) and its a pain to switch over to antidotes.
Try to get a pillar between you and him before using antidotes as they do take a frustratingly long time to use. You can heal in the open if you can anticipate and parry an his attacks.

BSB is one of the hardest bosses in the game. It was the hardest for me as I died the most to it. Once you've beaten it, the whole game will start to click so don't give up. It's one of those things.

Don't use charged attacks. You're not good enough unfortunately and you don't have a weapon that has an insane hit box like the Axe. Just stick to one or two hits before retreating.

You don't need to parry him. He is fairly difficult to parry as well except for one swipe so I'd advise against it.

Just predict his moves and stay close after his combos to get one or two hits in before retreating. It's all about patience. It's a learning curve for sure.

Easy fight. Key is to dodge toward it. It will fly pass you and putting you behind for easy hits. Repeat until it's dead.

Stay close and circle strafe clockwise around it. Dodge forwards when it starts it's attack animation and you'll end up behind it able to get 2 or 3 hits in with the cleaver. Repeat this throughout the entire fight. You can also do the same thing from slightly further out and parry its slashes. Keep an antidote on hand in case you get poisoned. If you need to heal then wait until you're a safe distance away, or until you've dodged behind one of its attacks.

Or just summon Alfred or an online partner outside. The fight is much easier when the boss is only paying attention to you half the time.

Ok so I had the same problem with the item switching so what I simply did was just not switch items. I went in with antidote in my item slot and left it at that.

Firstly, I'm sure you've noticed this but his attacks are all predictable. The way I killed him was just dodge round to the side, him him a few times, back away. If the enemy is hitting you first then you're probably timing your attacks wrong, let him swing at you, dodge it, and then hit him.

When you need to heal or use an antidote, just run away and hide behind a pillar. I'm surprised you're having a problem with that aspect.

All three phases are quite similar. He has some more wild attacks in phase three and he's a bit faster but fundamentally the fight is the same imo. Have to say I used the extended axe for this fight, the range was really useful.

You can ring the bell near the end of the stairs before entering the boss room, you'll summon that NPC hunter that you met at the church.

Most of the time BSB targets him, and leaves you time to hit it,also that hunter have alot of health so 90% of the time he wont die.

First dont listen to anyone who tells you to summon help. Thats not how these games should be played.

Second, I was there with you man. As a souls vet, this boss had me ready to sell the PS4. But dont give up. My suggestion would be to go try and fight a different boss, or go explore. Come back later when youve leveled up a bit more.

Also, if you want to know how I did it..
I would parry him with my gun, then do the chest stab for mega damage. I was getting like 459 dmg per stab this way. I also never used antidote. If youre about to be poisoned, just walk around until that bar dissipates and go at him again. Also - once he is in that third half of battle, just know that he is going to try that cheap as fuck jump and suck attack. With that in mind, just stay away and try and bait him into other attacks.

Regardless, I feel your pain bro.

Granted, I have come close, but the cheapness at the end is just brutal. The youtube videos make it seem so easy.

Draper

Do you guys deliberately cap yourself for PVP/Coop sake or do you keep letting it ride. I'm at 155 and Im not sure how to handle it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Spoiler-ish question (after the 5th or 6th boss)

I've beaten R
om the Vacuous Spider
, the T
hree Hunters in Hypogaeon Gaol
and I've found T
he Old One Reborn
but found the fight really difficult. Is there anything for me to do in between? I've already beaten D
arkbeast Paarl
Pretty sure you missed two bosses unless you a already killed them
Celestial Emissary and Ebrietas

zma1013

Do you guys deliberately cap yourself for PVP/Coop sake or do you keep letting it ride. I'm at 155 and Im not sure how to handle it.

I think people do pvp at lvl 100. Just roll a new character for pvp only. It doesn't take that long to get up to that level knowing the game.

Keep your 155 and keep leveling for solo play and trophies if you're into that.

Xeteh

First dont listen to anyone who tells you to summon help. Thats not how these games should be played.

I never summon my first playthrough but telling someone how the game is meant to be played when that mechanic is in the game for a reason is just silly.

HardRojo

Not at all. Just note for future reference you can use the silencing blank to get rid of invaders.
Yeah, I forgot about it. This was at Nightmare of Mensis though. I don't think you can cancel invasions by using the silencing blank since it was a bell maiden who summoned the invader.

Zocano

I used to be one of those "honor only" PVP fighters but enough time watching fights and trying to pvp has made me just not care for it.

Honor has little place. Do what you must to secure the kill.

Also the PVP lag is still terrible.

I didn't know there was a dance for ask for healing time-out. In all the duels i've been, Healing is done in the heat of the battle without pausing :0

I think it was just a dumb gimmick thing from the video. There's never been a "LEMME HEAL" thing in PVP. It's either you chug chug chug or try and act honorable while I chug chug chug.

I didn't know there was a dance for ask for healing time-out. In all the duels i've been, Healing is done in the heat of the battle without pausing :0

There is not, i'm more joking. I do that move sometime to "trigger" a healing time.
I just added a music to it and joke about it :p

It could become "a thing" lol.

Cess007

There is not, i'm more joking. I do that move sometime to "trigger" a healing time.
I just added a music to it and joke about it :p

It could become "a thing" lol.

LOL i'm not very familiar with PvP in the Soul serious. I think i just fought once in Demon's Souls and never in Dark Souls, so i don't know nothing about duels rules; maybe it will become a thing :p

Bowler

I'm struggling with the pvp. The nerf to health for the invader just rubs me the wrong way especially when they have coop partners. I hope they dlc a pvp arena so all members have the same stats.

Adam Blue

Where can i find a guide to unlock all secrets , NPC, bosses, weapons etc?

Google.
;)

I'm pretty upset that I can never get co-op to work. I've platinum'd the game and only did co-op once, via password, NG++ SoY. Everything else I did solo. I waste my insight ringing bells and nothing happens. Co-op or PVP. I've never PVP'd!

Zocano

I'm struggling with the pvp. The nerf to health for the invader just rubs me the wrong way especially when they have coop partners. I hope they dlc a pvp arena so all members have the same stats.

Best option you have is invading in
Nightmare Frontier and Mensis

EL CUCO

FINALLY
Gehrnam
Slaughtered

Could be the best fight in the game.

no mercy for elderly

I think I'm ready for chalice dungeons.

Korosenai

I haven't played this game in a couple weeks, yet I feel like playing some pvp for some reason. What are some good hot spots I should check out?

Bowler

I haven't played this game in a couple weeks, yet I feel like playing some pvp for some reason. What are some good hot spots I should check out?

Mergos middle I can connect in seconds. The problem is very 3rd sinister bell ring I do has 2-3 people there ready to gank.

Paskil

I got the gold trophy for the chalice boss
Yharnam
on my first try, solo. Pretty satisfying. Now I just need a weapon and two trophies
for the two alternate endings
for the platinum. Pretty hyped. Might buy DS2 next.

Zocano

Mergos middle I can connect in seconds. The problem is very 3rd sinister bell ring I do has 2-3 people there ready to gank.

What I ended up doing was leaving the bell ringers alive just so I can come in and PVP whenever I want. Did the same thing in Frontier.

Bowler

What I ended up doing was leaving the bell ringers alive just so I can come in and PVP whenever I want. Did the same thing in Frontier.

I'll have to do that for ng++ I'm. Level 165 I'm pretty happy with my build as I've never lost in pvp when I'm being invaded. But have a losing record when I invade

Man, V
icar
A
melia
is a completely different fight when you don't have enough DPS to interrupt
her healing
. In my first playthrough I got off a visceral during her first attempt at that and the fight was pretty much over. In NG+, at level 78 with my cane +9 I had to bust out the
numbing mists
and by the time she was dead I had none left. Yeesh. Couldn't understand before why anyone thought it was a difficult fight but I do now. Total pain in the ass when she can
heal through your damage.

myheaduphigh

Neo Member
Hey Gaf, would anyone be available to lend a hand with E
brietas
? I'm level 83 and using the gaf password. My bell is ringing in case anyone is around.

UrbanRats

So, i beat BSB the other day, and since, everything has been pretty smooth (killed every boss so far in the first or second try, Hunters, too) and i just beat R
om the annoying spider

However, i directed this
blind guy
at Oedon church when i was in
the woods
and... well
he looked pretty sketchy, and i noticed just after i sent him there, that he was actually dwelling on some dead bodies.
I feared he would be the (Dark Souls 1 spoiler)
Lautrec
of this game, so i decided to kill him...
WHAT THE SHIT?! That's the scariest fucking thing so far in the game, he was a fucking fury, and that voice, it scared the shit out of me.
In the end i cheesed him from inside the chapel with poison knives, lol.
Felt bad, too, as he seemed pretty tragic from the dialogue, as he was dying.

It's like a random Flame Lurker out of nowhere,
definitely the worst (best) moment so far.

Top Bottom