• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Captcha

Is there something I need to do to get that elevator near the bottom of Yahargul (sp?) to work? Is it glitched? I can only remember it working on like one of my playthroughs...

Toxi

Banned
Is there something I need to do to get that elevator near the bottom of Yahargul (sp?) to work? Is it glitched? I can only remember it working on like one of my playthroughs...
???

After the red moon appears, it should be at the bottom.

Yep, doesn't work. When I step on it it doesn't do anything, and like I said, has only worked for me once.

Have you applied the most recent patch? It should fix elevator bugs. You can go to the top/bottom of Yahar'gul and pull the lever on the other side of the elevator. to try and fix it.

Mephala

So... Chalice Dungeons have become pretty terrifying. :\
Spiders that one shot me hiding around corners. Swarms of enemies from ass hole bell maidens. Some of the rooms are so damn dark I can't see a thing.

Spiders that one shot me hiding around corners. Swarms of enemies from ass hole bell maidens. Some of the rooms are so damn dark I can't see a thing.

I carry the torch almost full time in the chalices. Love that atmosphere.

Captcha

Have you applied the most recent patch? It should fix elevator bugs. You can go to the top/bottom of Yahar'gul and pull the lever on the other side of the elevator. to try and fix it.

Oh, pulling it up top got it to work. That is strange, is that how that's supposed to work? I thought it was a shortcut once you reached the bottom, but it never works for me when I step on it down there.

Those spiders are brutal. They will home in on you from damn near anywhere until you get the Bell Maiden.

Mogwai

The best way to go about it is to sprint to the bell maiden and finish her/them. It may take a few attempts, but it's much less of a pain in the ass than fighting the spiders.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
lol I just noticed they changed the name to just "Third Umbilical Cord".

Oh, did Trusty Patches amend that? Nice. It felt like something the US English editor got back from Frognation UK and overzealously "fixed." They are without question "Third Umbilical Cords." But what that means, only Miyazaki knows...

Ferr986

FROM can reeeeaaaaaallyyyy go fuck themselves with this mat farming bullshit.
30 mins farming, with eyes rune, only 1 tomb mould 5. I still need 9. Fuck this.

Acosta

Great story man. Its one all of us know too well :)

Thanks! I have a better understanding now of why the Souls community seems so close. It´s not about bragging or feeling "hardcore", it´s just that shared experience of enjoying a game so carefully designed to be on the edge between hard and fair.

I really want to finish it and say "I did it!" (also, I need something a bit happier/relaxing haha)

danthefan

I guess the answer to this will include spoilers but fuck it, I'm in Forbidden Woods but I keep seeing references to optional areas, could someone tell me what the optional areas I'd be able to handle at this stage of the game are? I've done Charnel Lane anyway which I think is optional.

barit

There are lots of optional areas and bosses. The game only has 7 (kinda 8) required bosses. there are more than double that available in the game. (Where have you been so far? that will help us tell you where to go next.)

Ehm yeah I'm running around a little headless. I've killed
Witch of Hemwick
but that's a dead end too. I think I've cleared everything at the Cathedral area and try now to backtrack but can't find any new path. There are still some locked doors and gates at Yharnam that I can't figure out. So yeah I've checked the left and right route in the front of the steps to the Great Cathedral where
Vicar Amelia
waits for you but both leads to these optional bosses.

Edit: I found the way now. Had to go further in the Forbidden Forest :)

Game is freaking awesome. It definitely clicked for me now. Had some trouble at the start and many rage quits but when you reach a specific point it all makes sense haha

I just realised I never activated the shortcut at the bottom of the Healing Church because I got snatched.

How the hell did I get to the Great Cathedral.

danthefan

I just realised I never activated the shortcut at the bottom of the Healing Church because I got snatched.

How the hell did I get to the Great Cathedral.

You can go back down through the healing church and avoid the snatcher or you can buy an item from the echoes shop that will open a gate in Cathedral District.

Steroyd

Holy fuck at N
ightmare
F
rontier
I thought things would get easier once I took down the Bell Woman, but the Madmen, holy shit!

Speaking of which, is there some immune to poison thing I'm missing or am I going to have to deal with poison frenzy combo.

myco666

Holy fuck at N
ightmare
F
rontier
I thought things would get easier once I took down the Bell Woman, but the Madmen, holy shit!

Speaking of which, is there some immune to poison thing I'm missing or am I going to have to deal with poison frenzy combo.

You can only up the poison resistance but never be immune to it as far as I know. Stock up with antidotes and sedatives or do suicide runs to get the items. You only have to deal with frenzy in order to progress to boss area since you can mostly skip the poison.

Mephala

Holy fuck at N
ightmare
F
rontier

Poison isn't so much a concern after you're done exploring and no longer need to wade through the area to constantly. You can pop an antidote after you reach safe ground or just walk it off.
Frenzy on the other hand can be devastating. You can either take a sedative or chug vials like an addict.

There are runes you can equip, the 200 Frenzy Resist from the
Forbidden Woods, 2 giant snake bundles guarding it,
help. There is also another rune which gives all resist 100. Can't recall where I got that though, it may be later in the game. >.>

I just vial, kill, vial to deal with frenzy.

Feindflug

Holy fuck at N
ightmare
F
rontier

Just equip the White or the Black Church attire and a poison res rune and you will be OK, just make sure you have some antidotes with you.

FROM can reeeeaaaaaallyyyy go fuck themselves with this mat farming bullshit.
30 mins farming, with eyes rune, only 1 tomb mould 5. I still need 9. Fuck this.

If I have a complaint about the game is the unnecessary farming that makes things that should be simple like Chalice Dungeons or upgrading weapons to +9 (ok don't let us buy them From but freakin' chunks should've been much easier to farm) such a pain in the ass.

so1337

So, I heard you can't do certain things after you beat
--------Rom------

My only other options at this point (I think) are...

-Beating
Darkbeast Paarl in Hypogean Gaol
-Messing around in
Nightmare Frontier

Do I need to get any of those things done before I beat
--------Rom------
? I'm assuming it's mainly the sidequests that get locked off after that point.

Hypron

So, I heard you can't do certain things after you beat
--------Rom------

My only other options at this point (I think) are...

-Beating
Darkbeast Paarl in Hypogean Gaol
-Messing around in
Nightmare Frontier

Do I need to get any of those things done before I beat
--------Rom------
? I'm assuming it's mainly the sidequests that get locked off after that point.

You don't need to do those now, it's the sidequests you need to be worried about (or not, if you plan on doing a second playthrough you can just miss stuff the first time around and complete everything second time around).

myco666

Blade of Mercy Vs Burial Blade Vs Chikage. Which is great for PvP?

Chikage is really good IMO. BoM seems to be better if you have high endurance since you can stunlock with the transformed version and deal really good damage. Haven't tried Burial Blade at all so can't really comment on that.

psychotron

NG + has been interesting. I was able to 1 shot the first few bosses, which was a huge improvement from my first run, but damn, some enemies are so much stronger! Just beat
Shadows of Yarnam
. Here I come
Rom
!

takriel

NG + has been interesting. I was able to 1 shot the first few bosses, which was a huge improvement from my first run, but damn, some enemies are so much stronger! Just beat
Shadows of Yarnam
. Here I come
Rom
!

Cleric Beast got a huge buff in HP, but the Father was killed pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to the other bosses.

so1337

You don't need to do those now, it's the sidequests you need to be worried about (or not, if you plan on doing a second playthrough you can just miss stuff the first time around and complete everything second time around).
Alright, good to know. Thank you.

Both the shortcut gate and front door are locked?

Well no, that's what's weird. Cathedral Ward is completely open and I'm pretty sure I didn't open the Healing Church shortcut. I am certain I didn't buy the Hunter Chief Emblem.

Maybe I'm just a forgetful idiot.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Just wanted to say thanks to those who answered my question about Farming Blood Chunks...now I just need to take the plunge in those areas.

Audioboxer

Level 89 on my skill build. Rolling with blades of mercy and pimp cane.

Vit 40
End 25
Str 9
Skl 50
Bt 7
Arc 8

At the last boss. To go with 50 Vit... or 15 Arc to use some of the magic gadgets. The last point I'm putting in Str to try out the burial blade.

Advice? (I'm capping on SL 100).

Incoming wall of spoiler.

So I found this creepy guy in forbidden woods and sent him to Oedon Chapel.

Shortly after I sent him there I noticed that people I had sent previously were getting killed, and eventually the npc you first meet there was killed.

Just on a hunch that he was the cause I decided to whack him. He turns into this beast monstrosity and obliterated me.

Took me two more attempts until I avenged them.

So awesome.

I've finally reached the point where Chalice Dungeons are getting tough. I just met
Rom-kun and his friends
. They're pretty much wrecking me in phase 2. :(

Top Bottom