• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

EL CUCO

It never fails.

GAF > Internet > GAF
Ha! I figured the possibility was high. Well worth a second post though ;)
https://youtu.be/fk9L9jE2vJU

finally got to the first boss and look at what i'm doing at the end. just look at me. WHAT am i doing? i was sure i had him and i got cocky (always a fatal mistake in these games but i never learn lol), i was yelling to my gf "hahahaa he's done, look at his health!" and i go in for the last strike and.... tears. i literally collapsed on the floor whining why did this happen to me. wasted all of my blood vials too.

oh well at least i can lvl up now apparently, for some reason. can't wait to come back stronger and slay that dirty beast..
These are the moments that can make a grown man cry. Also, guns are your friend
unless they're shooting at you
Lol

These are the moments that can make a grown man cry. Also, guns are your friend
unless they're shooting at you
Lol

yea hah i kinda forgot i had my blunderbuss.. isn't it pretty ineffective against bosses though? i assumed guns were mainly used to parry attacks by normal enemies.

This game is so good.

Already beated
father gasciogne
, it wasn't that hard, took me 3 tries, I almost oneshot him, but didn't manage to finish the counter attack since I was hit on the parry. The only real hard part is when he transforms, but still a very fun boss.

Otherwise I'm kinda still adapting to the game and the faster pace of it, I still play it mostly like other souls games on full melee. Gotta stop using triangle instead of L1 lol

yea hah i kinda forgot i had my blunderbuss.. isn't it pretty ineffective against bosses though? i assumed guns were mainly used to parry attacks by normal enemies.

I didn't know it when I beat him, but seems you can shoot his head a couple of times to stun him and do one of those brutal attacks.

EL CUCO

It's pretty effective on CB, I felt. I remember staggering him with like 3 or 4 shots, allowing me to get a Viceral attack in.

How far are you guys going with bloodtinge if you're not planing on using chikage but like using the rifle spear? Is it worth it at all if I've been sticking with mostly the saw spear and rifle spear?

Ikon

I feel bad. I was stuck on Abhorrent Beast and eventually used the poison knife approach. I feel robbed of the regular adrenaline rush I get when a beat a particularly tough boss.

Never again.

How far are you guys going with bloodtinge if you're not planing on using chikage but like using the rifle spear? Is it worth it at all if I've been sticking with mostly the saw spear and rifle spear?

The Rifle Spear Blood scaling only applies to the bullets in 2H mode. Unless you are planning to go full Chikage (or wheel) don't bother past the min. requirements of the weapons.
Personally I went to 12 just so I could test out the Chikage

20 STR, 14 Skill, and 12 Bloodtinge lets you use every weapon in the game, guns excepted.
For guns, the two beyond those stats are Cannon at 30 STR, and Evelyn at 18 Bloodtinge.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm trying out the rifle spear because its moveset seems interesting, but so far I'm not getting much damage out of it in a skill build. Maybe I need to upgrade it and try it out again?

Not interested in the bugged part of it. I didn't even know it was bugged until I saw it mentioned here.

I'm trying out the rifle spear because its moveset seems interesting, but so far I'm not getting much damage out of it in a skill build. Maybe I need to upgrade it and try it out again?

Not interested in the bugged part of it. I didn't even know it was bugged until I saw it mentioned here.

Rifle Spear is a great weapon; Range and speed are great. Also, using 1-handed R1 over and over can stunlock alot of enemies.
However, its damage is lower than other weapons like Ludwig's. I have them both at +9 and I use Ludwig's most of the time unless I need the range or moveset of the Rifle Spear (which does happen quite often, to be fair).

Toxi

Banned
I feel bad. I was stuck on Abhorrent Beast and eventually used the poison knife approach. I feel robbed of the regular adrenaline rush I get when a beat a particularly tough boss.

Never again.
Abhorrent Beast isn't so bad to melee once you figure out how to dodge:
Stay close to him and dodge forward to the left when he attacks. Take a few swipes, then back-dash to avoid the backhand. Rinse and repeat. Keep track of your stamina and don't stay far away unless you need to heal.

SxP

Beat A
mygdala
on my first try. Very easy boss, though maybe it went a little easy on me in its final phase. First two phases I barely got hit. Staying at long range really makes those phases trivial. I wanted to use my Tonitrus, but I had a lot of trouble hitting its head. I guess I was too conservative and I should have stuck a little closer to it. No problem with Ludwig's Blade overhead L2 smash though. Last phase I just camped near the back of its feet. All it tried to do was stomp and jump up in the air. Really easy to dodge, although you're far away from its areas where it takes a lot of damage. Slow, but safe.

Artex

Banned
https://youtu.be/fk9L9jE2vJU

finally got to the first boss and look at what i'm doing at the end. just look at me. WHAT am i doing? i was sure i had him and i got cocky (always a fatal mistake in these games but i never learn lol), i was yelling to my gf "hahahaa he's done, look at his health!" and i go in for the last strike and.... tears. i literally collapsed on the floor whining why did this happen to me. wasted all of my blood vials too.

oh well at least i can lvl up now apparently, for some reason. can't wait to come back stronger and slay that dirty beast..

Lol...you got more than cocky, you tried to jump on him haha. Gotta watch out for that Cleric beast masturbation arm of death.

Beat A
mygdala
on my first try. Very easy boss, though maybe it went a little easy on me in its final phase. First two phases I barely got hit. Staying at long range really makes those phases trivial. I wanted to use my Tonitrus, but I had a lot of trouble hitting its head. I guess I was too conservative and I should have stuck a little closer to it. No problem with Ludwig's Blade overhead L2 smash though. Last phase I just camped near the back of its feet. All it tried to do was stomp and jump up in the air. Really easy to dodge, although you're far away from its areas where it takes a lot of damage. Slow, but safe.

Yeah, my fight with her was stupidly easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JzYYrSicf0

I couldn't find it in search, so it's worth pointing out...

I saw a Gamefaqs thread where someone posted a link to a video (which I couldn't pull up... others in that thread seemed to be able to) that claimed that rolling into people on PvP with Rapid Poison on your weapons caused their poison to build up.

Apparently, this guy is killing people by rolling into them.

(I'd link it, but I don't know if that's cool. I don't frequent that site... happened upon it while trying in vain to check out a decent poison build.)

EL CUCO

I'm finding Matt Lee's Bloodborne diary brilliant. I've been binge watching them, while at work today. It's very entertaining.

It's nice to have finally completed the story so I can feast on all the spoilery stuff.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yep, doesn't work. When I step on it it doesn't do anything, and like I said, has only worked for me once.
Yeah stepping on the plate didn't work in NG+ for me, but worked again in NG++. Go figure.

FROM can reeeeaaaaaallyyyy go fuck themselves with this mat farming bullshit.
30 mins farming, with eyes rune, only 1 tomb mould 5. I still need 9. Fuck this.
I never needed to farm mats. Not once. What are you even doing? Do you check the sidedoors and stuff?

Putty

Cosmos bitch boss down on 3rd attempt....tried a few things first before settling on the tried and trusted just knock fuck out of her.......

Feels good man, feels good.

Off to Mensis I go to finish that area off.

taybul

Every time I open up a sarcophagus chest in a dungeon the Zelda "opening chest" music plays in my head but it's almost always so disappointing. Long bonus corridor, fight some hulking mob guarding it, open chest, Ritual Blood (5)

Ferr986

Yeah stepping on the plate didn't work in NG+ for me, but worked again in NG++. Go figure.

I never needed to farm mats. Not once. What are you even doing? Do you check the sidedoors and stuff?

Yes I do. I dunno, I had to farm these molds in my 2 characters I have. Something really wrong I must be doing but I'm not the only one I had to do it.

Btw, I ended up getting the Lost Chikage. Surprisingly the blood chunks were way better to farm than the molds. I was done in less than 30 mins. Now, onto gem farming...

oh forgot to tell, I summoned some dude to help me with Bloodleting beast. Dude had this rifle spear OP thingy. It was stupidly broken. Not that Im complaining.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Rifle Spear is a great weapon; Range and speed are great. Also, using 1-handed R1 over and over can stunlock alot of enemies.
However, its damage is lower than other weapons like Ludwig's. I have them both at +9 and I use Ludwig's most of the time unless I need the range or moveset of the Rifle Spear (which does happen quite often, to be fair).

I'm on my second playthrough now with a different build and I'm leaning skill/tinge and I've grown to really like and enjoy the rifle spear.

The moveset on the spear is terrific and in two hand mode the shooting speed is so quick it makes parrying very easy.

Just tuned into Yukaslegion's stream, he invaded a pair of players that were cosplaying as and re-enacting (Silent Hill 2 spoilers)
the double Pyramid Head boss fight

Footos22

ONE MORE TROPHY! One more trophy till I get my first Platinum!

Only have to do 3 more Chalices...! Fuck that Abhorrent Beast take-two!

You don't need to do him. But lock on run backwards in a circle and throw a poison knife everytime his health stops going down. Jump attacks help speed things up.

Toxi

Banned
Every time I open up a sarcophagus chest in a dungeon the Zelda "opening chest" music plays in my head but it's almost always so disappointing. Long bonus corridor, fight some hulking mob guarding it, open chest, Ritual Blood (5)
You'd think Ritual Blood (5) would be one of the rarer varieties, but nope, it's fucking everywhere!

joecanada

I'm on my second playthrough now with a different build and I'm leaning skill/tinge and I've grown to really like and enjoy the rifle spear.

The moveset on the spear is terrific and in two hand mode the shooting speed is so quick it makes parrying very easy.

I'm blade of mercy/ Riflespear all the way. Ditched the cane early these two are perfect compliment

Mogwai

Just had a weird bug.

I loaded the game in Hunter's Dream. But I couldn't interact with the gravestones or NPCs.

Reloading solved the problem though.

Bowler

What is arcane spell that releases 3 red skulls? Just had it happen to me pvp. I dodged them so I have no idea what they do for damage either?

Interfectum

Just had a weird bug.

I loaded the game in Hunter's Dream. But I couldn't interact with the gravestones or NPCs.

Reloading solved the problem though.

It's happened to me several times. You'll notice a slight black tint at the bottom of the screen like it's waiting for you to toggle something (item acquired, dialogue, etc). Just jump around for like 20 seconds and it goes away usually.

Top Bottom