• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Kudo

Blade of Mercy Vs Burial Blade Vs Chikage. Which is great for PvP?

From what I've tried, Burial Blade doesn't seem to stagger enemies so they can just keep on attacking even if you're hitting them, in transformed form the reach is really good though.
Chikage is very nice but I think Blade of Mercy is easily the best out of those. The dash R1 locked to opponent and then you can just stunlock usually ends duels really fast.

Percy

Banned
Man but Frenzy really is such a bullshit condition no matter how well protected you are in this game.

Even after all this time, besides sedatives I can't find a decent defense against it no matter how high my stats it seems :(

Audioboxer

Man but Frenzy really is such a bullshit condition no matter how well protected you are in this game.

Even after all this time, besides sedatives I can't find a decent defense against it no matter how high my stats it seems :(

Hunter set and frenzy +200 rune. Or Grave set or Crow set. Best you'll get!

I just wish the bar wouldn't keep going up after you kill the enemy that inflicts frenzy. That is rather irritating. Otherwise, I am okay with it.

+200 frenzy res rune is your friend. Armor simply doean't give adequate protection compared to the rune.

Staying out of sight of the cause of the frenzy is the best defense. No line of sight, no frenzy.

Some attacks inflict frenzy and at that point the bar keeps going up. BS mechanic indeed. I hear having high insight decreases frenzy resist.

Which attacks? The only one I can think of are those little slugs that gnaw on your ankles. If you get frenzy from those...well...

Ikon

Whoever recommends Logarius Wheel to anyone needs to try some other weapons first. Damage is disappointing and it seems to be unable to regain even half of the red life lost compared to the Hunters Axe. Also the R2 attack is ass.

Going to try out Beast Claws next and if those underperform similarly I'll start spec'ing for Chikage I guess.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't quite understand the difference between Logarius' Wheel forms. Can someone explain it to me?

Anyways, it's funny that I got killed once by C
elestial Emissary
before I beat him and yet I one-shotted A
mygdala
, M
artyr Logarius
, and amazingly, E
brietas
as well (didn't expect that.)

Yay my trusty Axe! <3

ryuken-d

I just wish the bar wouldn't keep going up after you kill the enemy that inflicts frenzy. That is rather irritating. Otherwise, I am okay with it.

yeah just wait until those little weak
grubs
infect you with frenzy or those
damn pigs
. it ramps up so fast. and that's when your not geared up for it.

GeeTeeCee

Bloody hell, I just beat
Martyr Logarius
on the first attempt. The first form was brutal. The second form was more manageable, but one mistake would have ended things there and then.

Five minutes later, my hands are shaking, and my heart feels like it's trying to forcibly evacuate my chest. This game, man.

Ikon

I don't quite understand the difference between Logarius' Wheel forms. Can someone explain it to me?

Anyways, it's funny that I got killed once by C
elestial Emissary
before I beat him and yet I one-shotted A
mygdala
, M
artyr Logarius
, and amazingly, E
brietas
as well (didn't expect that.)

Yay my trusty Axe! <3
For Logarius wheel L1 activates a buff that adds a small amount of damage. Pressing L2 in this form adds stacks of the buff but starts draining HP. If you're going to use it I can recommend just using L1 and skipping L2. I can't think of any benefits the wheel has over axe though.

Blinck

Bloody hell, I just beat
Martyr Logarius
on the first attempt. The first form was brutal. The second form was more manageable, but one mistake would have ended things there and then.

Five minutes later, my hands are shaking, and my heart feels like it's trying to forcibly evacuate my chest. This game, man.

Only game that gives me a reaction like you described. :D It's just so good :)

I finished the game a week ago and now I'm having what I like to call Post-Myiazaky Game-Depression Disorder.
These games (souls and BB ) are just so good that when you finish them you are left with a "gaming void" that no other game can fill, at least in my case.

I still have the chalice dungeons to play but honestly so many people say that they are so boring and "random" that I don't think I'm up for it yet. Maybe when I have a super overpowered character I'll clean them up!

Ikon

Only game that gives me a reaction like you described. :D It's just so good :)

I finished the game a week ago and now I'm having what I like to call Post-Myiazaky Game-Depression Disorder.
These games (souls and BB ) are just so good that when you finish them you are left with a "gaming void" that no other game can fill, at least in my case.

I still have the chalice dungeons to play but honestly so many people say that they are so boring and "random" that I don't think I'm up for it yet. Maybe when I have a super overpowered character I'll clean them up!
I'm doing the chalices now and they do offer up quite a bit of challenge. Some of the bosses are much harder than anything from the story if you ask me. The first ones are going to suck though since you're quite over leveled for them by the time you beat the story.

Mogwai

Fuck sake. Eileen just got rekt by that fucktard Henryk. It annoys me to no end that I didn't make a backup. But to my question:

How much stamina regeneration does the Hunter rune actually give?

https://youtu.be/fk9L9jE2vJU

finally got to the first boss and look at what i'm doing at the end. just look at me. WHAT am i doing? i was sure i had him and i got cocky (always a fatal mistake in these games but i never learn lol), i was yelling to my gf "hahahaa he's done, look at his health!" and i go in for the last strike and.... tears. i literally collapsed on the floor whining why did this happen to me. wasted all of my blood vials too.

oh well at least i can lvl up now apparently, for some reason. can't wait to come back stronger and slay that dirty beast..

finally got to the first boss and look at what i'm doing at the end. just look at me. WHAT am i doing? i was sure i had him and i got cocky (always a fatal mistake in these games but i never learn lol), i was yelling to my gf "hahahaa he's done, look at his health!" and i go in for the last strike and.... tears. i literally collapsed on the floor whining why did this happen to me. wasted all of my blood vials too.

oh well at least i can lvl up now apparently, for some reason. can't wait to come back stronger and slay that dirty beast..

You dun fucked up son. How did you not see his health bar lol. Did you think your first moltov hit?

Blinck

Oh man that was painful :p

Next time just cheap away at him with your firearm :D

And you can now level up because you got 1 point of insight (active).

I'm doing the chalices now and they do offer up quite a bit of challenge. Some of the bosses are much harder than anything from the story if you ask me. The first ones are going to suck though since you're quite over leveled for them by the time you beat the story.

Yeah I think it has some pretty tough bosses from what I read, but they just feel a bit random story-wise. I know they are part of the lore, but the enemies in there and such from what I can tell are pretty randomly placed.

My favorite thing about the Souls games is that even though the story and lore are fairly "hidden", everything in the game from (most) the enemy placement to the environments and such is the way it is for a specific reason that servers the story. It all makes sense and has a purpose.

I tried a chalice dungeon and everything just felt extremely random :(

https://youtu.be/Pwty2XTREtA
Yoshino tweeted this out today. Not sure if it had been posted yet. I love when PvP duels are executed with honor.

It never fails.

GAF > Internet > GAF

Hello! "Make Contact" ( I'm not english Btw )

I don't know if i can post this here, but i'm noob here so i can't create a thread for it.

I made a funny ( or try to be funny ) video!

A Nice Duel + How to PvP Healing with Deep Respect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwty2XTREtA

Just for fun! Enjoy! Feedback if you want!

benjammin

Oh, pulling it up top got it to work. That is strange, is that how that's supposed to work? I thought it was a shortcut once you reached the bottom, but it never works for me when I step on it down there.

No, that's not how it's supposed to work. That elevator is still broken even after the last patch. I tried stepping on it and nothing happened, then tried pulling it from the top and the switch would work by the elevator didn't move. Turning the console off and on fixed it for me.

Just found a cursed gem that has +4.2% attack vs Kin, yet also has -2.75 attack vs Kin.

Weird.

Also, I'm a bit late on this one, but without a doubt the scariest and meanest looking thing in this game is
the beggar who transforms into a beast.

He is a mean SOB.

Mogwai

Not much, actually i can't even see the difference.
I thought I could spot a difference on my other character but could be placebo. But if the effect of the Hunter rune is in line with the two other, then the effect is probably negligible. Was just curious to see if someone had a specific number on it.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Fuck sake. Eileen just got rekt by that fucktard Henryk. It annoys me to no end that I didn't make a backup.
I did the same thing. I'm still on my first playthrough and going pretty much totally blind, so when I was jumped by a hunter who immediately started fighting another hunter I just assumed they were all hunters who have gone mad, so I just stood back and let them duke it out. I've been playing very very slowly so I had completely forgotten about Eileen since I had only talked to her once like a month ago. So the two hunters nearly killed each other and then I finished off the other one afterwards.

Then after I cleared the next area, I went back and checked a wiki about what all that was about and found out I had let an NPC die. Oops.

At least I can get the Blades of Mercy if I save up enough souls, I guess. 40 grand is a TON of souls at my current level, though.

For the Hunter's Essence and Hunter's Craft Trophies you do you need all those items on a single character? I have every weapon/tool in the game but spread out across all my characters but I still don't have either trophy.

Edit: Looks like you do need to get all of them on one character.

WGMBY

For the Hunter's Essence and Hunter's Craft Trophies you do you need all those items on a single character? I have every weapon/tool in the game but spread out across all my characters but I still don't have either trophy.

For the previous games it was all on one character. I think the only wiggle room you get is that an uncanny or lost version of the weapon counts as the same as for the weapon.

myco666

Haha just got one shotted by Visceral Attack in PVP. The host managed to parry the first attack I did lol. Seriously need to get my Vit up.

After playing for first 8+ hours, I finally got to the first boss and finally opened some shortcuts. Time to slay the beast!

I have no clue what the hell I'm doing but I'm enjoying the hell out of it at this pace!

Audioboxer

Just found a cursed gem that has +4.2% attack vs Kin, yet also has -2.75 attack vs Kin.

Weird.

Also, I'm a bit late on this one, but without a doubt the scariest and meanest looking thing in this game is
the beggar who transforms into a beast.

He is a mean SOB.

Send to the Clinic *shakes cape*

I finally beat Abhorrent Beast in Ailing Loran.
Took all 20 flasks to do it and I have a pinch of health left.

Awesome fight but I am exhausted.

joecanada

Level 89 on my skill build. Rolling with blades of mercy and pimp cane.

Vit 40
End 25
Str 9
Skl 50
Bt 7
Arc 8

At the last boss. To go with 50 Vit... or 15 Arc to use some of the magic gadgets. The last point I'm putting in Str to try out the burial blade.

Advice? (I'm capping on SL 100).

what about some bloodtinge for gunning ? Thats what I put up a bit... vitality is always good too

knitoe

I am level 101. Is this too low? I beat the first boss of defiled with no problems really. I kept locking him in a combo and he would dodge away.

Nope. I beat the chalices at lvl 70 and 85. As long as your Vitality is high, 40ish, and weapon is upgraded, not that hard.

Saint9806

After playing for first 8+ hours, I finally got to the first boss and finally opened some shortcuts. Time to slay the beast!

I have no clue what the hell I'm doing but I'm enjoying the hell out of it at this pace!

It's funny how it works. I took about the same amount of time my first playthrough. On my second, I got to the same point in about 1.5 hrs.

Top Bottom