• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

It's happened to me several times. You'll notice a slight black tint at the bottom of the screen like it's waiting for you to toggle something (item acquired, dialogue, etc). Just jump around for like 20 seconds and it goes away usually.

It usually does that because it's automatically triggering
the doll 'sleeping quietly' dialogue
. Just press X and it'll go away.

Bowler

I wish there was a bit more variety in magic arcane builds.

Demons souls I had a tank character
Dark souls I had a ranged sniper character
Dark souls 2 I used a high dex dual wielding build.
And bloodborne I created a arcane build before I knew anything about the game as I figured it would be a great follow up to my other play through of From games.

Yeah... so much for magic in this game lol.

After all this talk of Ebrietas being hard, I beat him so easily.

Couldn't be the boss glitch as its the fist time my PS4 has been on in a week and I killed him after 10 minutes of playing.

Level 92 probably too high!

Karl Hawk

Banned
How do you defeat that bloody Undead Giant on lower Ptehmuru dungeon?

Boss killed me so many times I had to farm echoes for vials (I was running out of them).

Mindman

So I'm getting close to the end. Just finished
Nightmare of Mensis
. When/how does the gate near the bottom of Hunter's Dream get opened?

Still debating whether or not to do
Upper Cathedral Ward and Unseen Village
(if I can still go there.) Those are the only two optional areas I haven't done yet.

zma1013

How do you defeat that bloody Undead Giant on lower Ptehmuru dungeon?

Boss killed me so many times I had to farm echoes for vials (I was running out of them).
I'm guessing that's the one with the big club on his right hand and a blade on his left? When he slices with his left hand, dodge into it and hit him afterwards then dodge away. Don't try to attack at all if he starts to swing his club, as he will just continue swinging it seemingly forever until you back off a good bit. Bait the blade swing instead. Once he reaches the halfway point it becomes a lot more dangerous to do this as he has these defensive ball chains swinging around making it extremely difficult to dodge even a simple attack. Upgrade the cannon as much as possible and blast him down and then you should only need to do a little more damage to kill him. Just backpeddle and don't take risk towards the end. Try using a jumping attack with a long range weapon during this phase.

Also note there is a growth on his body that when enough damage is done to it, it explodes and does a bunch of damage to him. You'll probably just end up hitting it without even trying.

Executioner Gloves. They are not that good in my opinion. They're a good distraction.

They're not that great as a damage dealer but so far almost everyone I've used them on started dodging frantically with the skulls slowly tracking them. Almost looks like they're panicking. xD At that point it's very easy to move in and get some hits in.

Randam

So I'm getting close to the end. Just finished
Nightmare of Mensis
. When/how does the gate near the bottom of Hunter's Dream get opened?

Still debating whether or not to do
Upper Cathedral Ward and Unseen Village
(if I can still go there.) Those are the only two optional areas I haven't done yet.
Unseen village isn't optional.

nded

What is arcane spell that releases 3 red skulls? Just had it happen to me pvp. I dodged them so I have no idea what they do for damage either?

Sounds like the Executioner's Gloves.

Edit: Hah, that was a while ago. I should refresh more often.

Bowler

I wish the call above spell did more damage as well. Especially with its long cast speed. I think they need to buff it with my 45 arcane lol

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
After all this talk of Ebrietas being hard, I beat him so easily.

Couldn't be the boss glitch as its the fist time my PS4 has been on in a week and I killed him after 10 minutes of playing.

Level 92 probably too high!
Yeah way too high. I believe she's meant to be fought around the lvl 60-70 range.

Ferr986

I guess the cursed gems with the +stamina cost are the rarest of the bunch right?
Can't get a bloodtinge one with it. got each of damage reduction with both kin and beast.

The damage reduction kind of bothers me but honestly it's like 2% reduction compared to what I had so it's not much. Also, there's no
beast
bosses in the second half of the game, right?

Anything major I'm missing in Lower Pthumerian chalice? About to go fight the boss and just want to be sure I've cleared it out. I don't believe I've gotten anything particularly important outside of ritual stuff.

Edit: layer 4

Platinum GET!
img_0194xoji9.jpg

That scene of Yharnam at sunrise for the "submit your life" ending was beautiful. Blue skies Yharnam DLC pls.

Ferr986

Anything major I'm missing in Lower Pthumerian chalice? About to go fight the boss and just want to be sure I've cleared it out. I don't believe I've gotten anything particularly important outside of ritual stuff.

Edit: layer 4

I dont remember anything important there.

Kusagari

I finally got through the Defiled chalice and now need two more red jelly to make the final one.

Where can I get some quick?

Can someone help me with Blood-starved beast? I'm lvl 30 with my new skill/arcane build and it seems I have made terrible weapon choices, I was breezing through until this boss

Finally took down W
atchdog
in Defiled Chalice. I almost summoned someone since he was giving me so much trouble. I found that being more agressive than usual is the key to this fight, switching from the Blades of Mercy to the Cane made it alot easier as well.

MidEvlDed

I felt kind of bad for killing the
mother brain
way down in the dark depths of
mensis
, but then later on I realized it was the same thing that was hitting me with
frenzy
at the beginning of the area. Fuck that thing.

I felt kind of bad for killing the
mother brain
way down in the dark depths of
mensis
, but then later on I realized it was the same thing that was hitting me with
frenzy
at the beginning of the area. Fuck that thing.

Yeah when you realize that it's actually a great moment that you get to beat the shit out of that thing for a long ass time as it sits there defenseless.

EL CUCO

I thought the latest patch fixed resuming a game from rest mode? Just started my game up and it closed out to main menu due to "lost connection" :/

Skii

Got the B
east Claws which finally netted me a gold trophy. I wish there was more rewarding loot in the dungeons. The Claw is the best thing I've found so far.

I also want to reiterate by hate for the BSB. The
Chalice version wrecked me 4 times before I finally beat it. Was the hardest boss for me in the main game and the hardest in the chalices

Onto layer 3!

Got the B
east Claws which finally netted me a gold trophy. I wish there was more rewarding loot in the dungeons. The Claw is the best thing I've found so far.

Chalice version wrecked me 4 times before I finally beat it. Was the hardest boss for me in the main game and the hardest in the chalices

Onto layer 3!

Yeah, that's pretty much it really, along with 2 armor sets I think you can only get there. The chalice dungeons are just a chore. Only did them for the platinum.

Skii

Yeah, that's pretty much it really, along with 2 armor sets I think you can only get there. The chalice dungeons are just a chore. Only did them for the platinum.

*Finds a room with 4 chests*

"There's gotta be something decent here surely!"

*obtains Ritual Blood 4*

FUUUUUUUUU

Neoweee

Yeah way too high. I believe she's meant to be fought around the lvl 60-70 range.

Eh, it's hard to say what the appropriate level is for bosses. She's the last optional boss in the game outside of Chalice dungeons, so you can't fault people for being a high level.

Level itself is also for the most part not that meaningful. VIT+(STR||SKL), whichever is your core, is a better estimate of your character's power.

EL CUCO

The E
brietas
fight itself isn't too difficult. It's the cheap
one shot lazers
that make you get rekt.

Got the B

Onto layer 3!

Which dungeon is the claws in? Haven't found them yet

UrbanRats

That Hunter sack of shit in the G
rand Cathedral
is making me want to quit gaming and go work in a farm.

Spend most of the time watching the loading and going back to him, and then i die in 5 seconds.

Got him low on health twice (that is, after he healed twice) but that's out of like, 10 tries, and because i got lucky with the parries.
He kills me in one good combo, but his stupid ass gun takes like half my HP, too.

Now i miss Jester Thomas and his infinite fire storm spamming.

Toxi

Banned
rand Cathedral

Spend most of the time watching the loading and going back to him, and then i die in 5 seconds.

Got him low on health twice (that is, after he healed twice) but that's out of like, 10 tries, and because i got lucky with the parries.
He kills me in one good combo, but his stupid ass gun takes like half my HP, too.

Easy way to cheese him:
Use poison knives and just wait him out from outside his range; he can't go outside the doors. You can speed it up by getting him to activate the Chikage.

rand Cathedral

Easy ways to beat him:

1. Bring a friend because he can't handle groups.
2. Guide him to the steps where he'll back off. If he has his sword mode out (I think?), it'll drain his dumb life. Throw poison knives to help speed it up.
3, Overlevel.

Skii

Just beat A
bhorrent Beast
. What a fight. Beat him on my second try but I can definitely see why people struggled against him. Insane speed and range. Makes it hard to get the heal off.

Which dungeon is the claws in? Haven't found them yet

Ailing Loran Layer 2.

Top Bottom