• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

psylah

I can't use the Beckoning Bell anywhere between the Cathedral Ward and
Vicar Amelia
on NG+.

Is this by design?

I have started a new character to make a proper PvP build. Damn, did not expect to breeze through the game like that. Up to Nightmare Frontier and have yet to die to a boss. After doing the Defiled Dungeon this is pretty much free. Threaded Cane is easy mode though.

Stillmatic

The last two Boss battles I've had have been some of the most fun I've had with bosses in Souls games, especially the Abhorrent Beast fight.

Here are the two battles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa8A4OxKoxI

I'm level 91 in these fights. I'm not the best, but man, so much fun.

Both Ailing Loran versions:
Blood Starved Beast - A tough fight because he's so aggressive and to get a parry in you have to be close enough to get hit. Throw in poison later in the fight and him being even more aggressive, things get tense!

Abhorrent Beast (starts at 6:16 of the vid) - This guy has deceptively long range, and he charges when you try to heal! Definitely the closest fight I've had! Used up all vials, one hit away from death he swipes at me, and well, somehow "Victory Achieved" pops up. Such and awesome fight for me!

abclutch0yu5b.gif

Bonus 'cinematic' version (atleast watch the Abhorrent Beast battle in the vid linked above, because you can't see the health bars in this one!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcvptqNP5g

I can't use the Beckoning Bell anywhere between the Cathedral Ward and
Vicar Amelia
on NG+.

Is this by design?

You have to have shortcuts unlocked to allow others in/to get to you.

Happened to me, but once I unlocked those gates, I could ring the bell anywhere.

Abhorrent Beast is one of the my favorite fights in the game. Absolutely great fun.

Was even better at
the windmill in the woods. Loved the way he talked to you during the fight, very atmospheric.

edit: sorry was half asleep, meant to add that to my post before, not double post

Is suposed to be that hard to help someone, or is that no one plays online..?

I usually get summoned to another person's game within a minute or two. The only reason you might not be finding people is because you are either too low, or too high a level for whatever area you are ringing the reasonant bell in.

Ryder

I want to the dungeon chalices but I don't have the required items to do it, and I can't buy them in the messenger shop. I have the great isz and ailing loran chalices but I don't have enough ritual blood or arcane haze, was wondering how you get those items?

I just noticed how heavy weapons cause an air affect that moves the grass/flowers. Was swinging the great sword around and noticed it. Changed to the BoM and it's too light to cause any air movement. Nice touch From

The last two Boss battles I've had have been some of the most fun I've had with bosses in Souls games, especially the Abhorrent Beast fight.

Here are the two battles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa8A4OxKoxI

I'm level 91 in these fights. I'm not the best, but man, so much fun.

Both Ailing Loran versions:
Blood Starved Beast - A tough fight because he's so aggressive and to get a parry in you have to be close enough to get hit. Throw in poison later in the fight and him being even more aggressive, things get tense!

Abhorrent Beast (starts at 6:16 of the vid) - This guy has deceptively long range, and he charges when you try to heal! Definitely the closest fight I've had! Used up all vials, one hit away from death he swipes at me, and well, somehow "Victory Achieved" pops up. Such and awesome fight for me!

abclutch0yu5b.gif

Bonus 'cinematic' version (atleast watch the Abhorrent Beast battle in the vid linked above, because you can't see the health bars in this one!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcvptqNP5g
I need to find a good avatar for the Abhorrent Beast. I love the fight.

Alebrije

FROM should unlook th 10 level difference between players or change it to 20 -30 level atn least for COOP , its ok for invasion but why no a 80 level can help a 20 one?

For people with 250 level is hard to find coop....

Tillbe

Go to Hypogean Gaol, kill Darkbeast Pearl, unlock the gate to Old Yarnam

Im pretty sure you cant do that.
The bagmen dont show up unless you kill the BSB so you cant get kidnapped to get to Paarl early. You have to beat Rom, then go through Unseen Village to fight Paarl. Then you can unlock the shortcut.

Cess007

Okay thanks. Is there a place to find the kidnapper? What do I have to do first?

If you have beaten
Blood-Starved Beast
already, there's one outside the front door of the Cathedral Ward. Look around the corner, and there should be one in there.

zma1013

FROM should unlook th 10 level difference between players or change it to 20 -30 level atn least for COOP , its ok for invasion but why no a 80 level can help a 20 one?

Yep, it's a fundamental flaw with the system letting everyone go to 999. Such a vast spread means u can level out of the population and end up alone.

So, I finally beat the game. Haven't had much time to play it since I have been so busy at work lately, but I was able to get the
non-umbilical cord
ending and beat
Gerhman
on my first try (level 97 I think--never did any grinding, and I beat all the optional bosses and areas). If you die, do you get the opportunity to fight him again or is it "game over"?

I then went and beat the beast on the bridge (forgot its name) on my first try and Father G. on my second attempt. I was surprised how much stronger the regular enemies are in NG+. I used to kill all the guys in the first area with 1 or 2 hits using my Saw Spear +10, but now it takes 5-6 hits. This is just the beginning of the game, so I imagine the difficulty scaling gets even worse without being able to level up my weapon anymore.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So, I finally beat the game. Haven't had much time to play it since I have been so busy at work lately, but I was able to get the
non-umbilical cord
ending and beat
Gerhman
on my first try (level 97 I think--never did any grinding, and I beat all the optional bosses and areas). If you die, do you get the opportunity to fight him again or is it "game over"?

I then went and beat the beast on the bridge (forgot its name) on my first try and Father G. on my second attempt. I was surprised how much stronger the regular enemies are in NG+. I used to kill all the guys in the first area with 1 or 2 hits using my Saw Spear +10, but now it takes 5-6 hits. This is just the beginning of the game, so I imagine the difficulty scaling gets even worse without being able to level up my weapon anymore.

I believe the enemy scaling is highest in the early areas where the enemies were very weak. Though I suppose this is why devoting a build to the primary bonus stat of a weapon is so important. That and finding really good blood gems in chalice dungeons.

Toxi

Banned
Can I say just what a fucking awful boss the Pthumerian Descendant is?

Like it's not even that he's hard, it's that fighting him is no fucking fun because his attacks are so obscenely fast that there's no reacting to them (I just dodge right and hope for the best) and half the time I get dicked by the terrain which he can magically throw his blades through because fuck me he's Superman.

People complain about Abhorrent Beast, but Abhorrent Beast is a fair boss. Pthumerian Descendant is not fair, he's bullshit of the highest caliber to the point that cheesing him with parrying is pretty much the only way to enjoy that fight.

barit

Awful bosses? Put
Ron, the ghost spider
on that list too. Can't fucking beat him. His arcane projectils always hitting me no matter how much I roll on the ground around and his small minions can one-hit you. Fuck this shit. I'm frustrated again with this game.

ctfg23

The bagmen dont show up unless you kill the BSB so you cant get kidnapped to get to Paarl early. You have to beat Rom, then go through Unseen Village to fight Paarl. Then you can unlock the shortcut.

You can go to
Old Yharnam
through
Cathedral Ward
to fight
BSB
, then
get kidnapped, fight Paarl, and open the back entrance
. I fought
Paarl
before
Shadow of Yharnam
, but it's actually possible to fight him before
Amelia
even.

Can I say just what a fucking awful boss the Pthumerian Descendant is?

Like it's not even that he's hard, it's that fighting him is no fucking fun because his attacks are so obscenely fast that there's no reacting to them (I just dodge right and hope for the best) and half the time I get dicked by the terrain which he can magically throw his blades through because fuck me he's Superman.

People complain about Abhorrent Beast, but Abhorrent Beast is a fair boss. Pthumerian Descendant is not fair, he's bullshit of the highest caliber to the point that cheesing him with parrying is pretty much the only way to enjoy that fight.
I really hated fighting Pthumerian Descendant. He is the hardest boss in the Ihyll chalice in my opinion. Since you suck at parrying him like me, improvise. Roll into his attacks and you end up behind him or the side. Took half of his health doing this. His bullshit phase requires patience and awareness so you don't end up getting stuck.

Toxi

Banned
I really hated fighting Pthumerian Descendant. He is the hardest boss in the Ihyll chalice in my opinion. Since you suck at parrying him like me, improvise. Roll into his attacks and you end up behind him or the side. Took half of his health doing this. His bullshit phase requires patience and awareness so you don't end up getting stuck.
Thanks, I just beat him. I feel like parties are the only way to consistently take down the bullshit phase.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finally downed the Abhorrent Beast... Man... what a beast.

No other bosses have really given me trouble (yet) in this game, but that got probably took me 25 tries or so. Completely decimated him on my last try.

I'm sure I'll get wrecked some more now that I'm starting to get the defiled chalices.

I never saw why people had so much trouble with Rom. Dodging his projectiles never seemed like a problem as long as I kept my camera aimed for the sky after seeing him launch them.

For me, the following bosses were the easiest (not in any particular order):

1. One Reborn
2. Celestial Emissary
3. Witch of Eastwick
4. Darkbeast Paarl (just get under it!)
5. Micolash

Enjoyed the easy fights to keep a nice difficulty balance for all the bosses. Thoughts?

Can anyone give me some tips on how to beat
Cursed Defiled Chalice Amygdala
?

My best weapons are a +9 Hunter's Axe and a +10 Ludwig's Holy Blade, I was stuck on it for so long that I decided to just take a break and try to complete NG++
I really wanna get that platinum, just one trophy left to go, it's taunting me so much!

Yusaku

GAFHUNT please help! I have been stuck at the Byrgenwerth Hunter for the last two weeks. I've tried all the tips. I cannot beat this asshole. Just when I get into a rhythm I run out of bullets and die. The few times I've managed to summon anyone in this area they're useless. I'll be on waiting for a helper in the area for the next hour.

yeah, you're right. I thought bagmen just show up random -_-

Hypron

GAFHUNT please help! I have been stuck at the Byrgenwerth Hunter for the last two weeks. I've tried all the tips. I cannot beat this asshole. Just when I get into a rhythm I run out of bullets and die. The few times I've managed to summon anyone in this area they're useless. I'll be on waiting for a helper in the area for the next hour.

Why do you want to beat her? You can just run past her to the boss.

Yusaku

She always hit me with her magic when I was on the ladder. I lured her out and kited her a bit this time and was able to get the key. Still what a lame ass non boss.

Sevyne

?

My best weapons are a +9 Hunter's Axe and a +10 Ludwig's Holy Blade, I was stuck on it for so long that I decided to just take a break and try to complete NG++
I really wanna get that platinum, just one trophy left to go, it's taunting me so much!

If you get directly behind it's tail, it'll jump into the air. Stand still and it'll land on top of you but won't hurt you. Turn 180 in place and hit it's head once and move back behind the tail (You can take a few stabs at it's tail during this for a little more damage on it). Repeat that over and over.

When it hits the next phase, it'll jump to a random spot instead of on top of you. At that point I just slowly took it's health down by using overhead smashes with the L2 on the Holy Blade on it's tail.

Just remember that if you aren't directly behind the tail it's hands can still hit you, and you want to be a few feet away from the tail to trigger it's jumps.

And yes I know it's kind of a cheese strat, but it gets the job done.

Toxi

Banned
?

Stay at a longer range and wait for an attack that brings the head down before running in and hitting the head. When Amygdala jumps, stand still and you won't get hit; you can usually get an attack on the head right after a jump. After Amygdala rips off the arms, switch strategies and start attacking the tail. It won't do much damage, but you're safe from all attacks but the easy to avoid stomps. When Amygdala jumps, it will only jump away from you, so just run up and start attacking its butt again.

Purest 78

Just go to the top and get the key open the door on the second floor the boss is there.

Sevyne

Use the short version of Ludwig's Holy Blade, run up the stairs really fast and go nuts on her. Not only does the blade stagger really well, but it's fast as well. If you are lucky you'll get her backed into a corner where she is absolutely helpless as you just slash her to bits, and she can't even get a single attack in. Something like one of the Saw weapons may work as well, but I don't know how well they stagger.

Some fights ya just gotta get in there and be ruthless.

Donos

lvl80 player could fart away everything in a lvl 20 player game. it would be more logical when a lvl 180 player could help a 120 lvl player.

If you get directly behind it's tail, it'll jump into the air. Stand still and it'll land on top of you but won't hurt you. Turn 180 in place and hit it's head once and move back behind the tail (You can take a few stabs at it's tail during this for a little more damage on it). Repeat that over and over.

When it hits the next phase, it'll jump to a random spot instead of on top of you. At that point I just slowly took it's health down by using overhead smashes with the L2 on the Holy Blade on it's tail.

Just remember that if you aren't directly behind the tail it's hands can still hit you, and you want to be a few feet away from the tail to trigger it's jumps.

And yes I know it's kind of a cheese strat, but it gets the job done.

Stay at a longer range and wait for an attack that brings the head down before running in and hitting the head. When Amygdala jumps, stand still and you won't get hit; you can usually get an attack on the head right after a jump. After Amygdala rips off the arms, switch strategies and start attacking the tail. It won't do much damage, but you're safe from all attacks but the easy to avoid stomps. When Amygdala jumps, it will only jump away from you, so just run up and start attacking its butt again.
I LOVE YOU BOTH.
THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I DID IT =D
<33333

Ferr986

What ia your level? Maybe I could help you if Im in range.

Top Bottom