• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Hypron

Does
Rom
also have armour on his head and is attacking from the side/behind recommended?

Yeah but it's possible to hit the body through the head with weapons that have a long reach. It makes the last phase of the fight a bit easier since its wiggling attack won't hit you if you stay in front of it.

ISee

priestess who turns into giant hairy monster
The bloodthirsty demon thing in old yarnam
The witch

Those are the most recent ones.

Feels like I'm a lot further but I guess I'm still in the first 1/3 of the game.

Edit

I'm playing the Japanese version, hence why I don't know the English boss names.

1/4, maybe.
So far you've killed 2 mandatory bosses. There are 8 mandatory bosses if you want the true ending (+/- 1...)

EDIT:

Just recounted. it is 9.

1-
Father Gascoine
2-
Vicar Amelia
a.k.a. Priestress that turns into giant hairy monster;)
3-
Shadow of Yahrnam
4-
Rom
5-
The one reborn
6-
Mensis
7-
Wet Nurse
8-
Gehrman
9-
Moon Presence.

If you go for all bosses/all dungeons, then you've barely scratched the surface.

Dynedom

Just ignore the spiders, run up to him, take out your flamesprayer and burn him to death without any chance for him to teleport away as long as you do constant damage.

He needs to have high arcane and a high level Flamesprayer for that to work, doesn't he?

I'm using the kirkhammer, is possible to beat him with this?

You can beat
Rom
with any weapon, ideally. Bolt Paper or oil Urn + fire paper helps. Otherwise, just be patient. I don't have any experience with the Hammer though so wouldn't know.

Nugg

Ok, I'm asking since I cannot find anyone in the Wiki reporting on this.

About Gherman:

It says I'm supposed to find him in the Garden at Hunter's dream if he's not in the house, but ever since beating Vicar Amelia he has completely disappeared from the Hunter's Dream, and I haven't seen him again. I'm now at the Nightmare Frontier, and have yet to see him again.

Cannot find any reports of this happening to anyone, and I just want to make sure he shows up at the very end since I know he needs to be there for the finale.

Any thoughts?

He was MIA for almost the whole game for me too. He was there in the end though.

myco666

He needs to have high arcane and a high level Flamesprayer for that to work, doesn't he?

You can beat
Rom
with any weapon, ideally. Bolt Paper or oil Urn + fire paper helps. Otherwise, just be patient. I don't have any experience with the Hammer though so wouldn't know.

Well flamesprayer needs to be around +6 but the Arcane scaling is D so high arcane is not really needed.

Hypron

You can beat
Rom

With the kirkhammer I find it's best to just leave it in sword mode and go to town by spamming R1.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well flamesprayer needs to be around +6 but the Arcane scaling is D so high arcane is not really needed.

Is she weak against fire? She is weak against Bolt.

Just by clearing out the 1st batch of spiders and then go ham on it with Bolt Paper + Beast Blood Pellet I can bring her health down by 2/3. The rest I just shoot her twice with a bone ash powered cannon shots, lol.

Zocano

1/4, maybe.
So far you've killed 2 mandatory bosses. There are 8 mandatory bosses if you want the true ending (+/- 1...)

EDIT:

Just recounted. it is 9.

1-
Father Gascoine
2-
Vicar Amelia
a.k.a. Priestress that turns into giant hairy monster;)
3-
Shadow of Yahrnam
4-
Rom
5-
The one reborn
6-
Mensis
7-
Wet Nurse
8-
Gehrman
9-
Moon Presence.

If you go for all bosses/all dungeons, then you've barely scratched the surface.

You *MUST* kill either
Cleric Beast or Blood Starved Beast to get to Vicar Amelia.

So actually 10.

EL CUCO

Wow the hunter in grand cathedral is a tough nut. Can't even summon co-ops hehe.
Yes he is. Try to lure him down to fight you on the stairs. I think his AI gets a little confused and tends not to fight as hard.

Took me about 20 wipes to figure that out.

OK I think I am right near the end, but I want to do some leveling etc..

I am at Mergo's Loft Middle and I've killed a load of guys that are very much like Shadows of Yarnham, and some pigs with eyes all over their faces. There is a lady in white and I assume there is a boss ahead. Is this Mergo's Wet Nurse?

If so, is it safe to kill her or will that end the game? I still want to do some leveling, clear up some trophies, and maybe even do some Chalice dungeons before finishing the story. Also the secret boss down after Lumenflower Gardens - I've not been down that lift at all yet.

Thanks!

EL CUCO

I am at Mergo's Loft Middle and I've killed a load of guys that are very much like Shadows of Yarnham, and some pigs with eyes all over their faces. There is a lady in white and I assume there is a boss ahead. Is this Mergo's Wet Nurse?

If so, is it safe to kill her or will that end the game? I still want to do some leveling, clear up some trophies, and maybe even do some Chalice dungeons before finishing the story. Also the secret boss down after Lumenflower Gardens - I've not been down that lift at all yet.
yes you're very close. It is safe to kill her and continue your game. If you dont want to go into NG+ by accident, I recommend after killing her, make a back up save of your game. That way, in case you go too far, you can just load up the old save.

Happy hunting hehe

Ferr986

Thanks!

Lady in white is just an NPC. You either do't win/lose anything by killing her. Boss is close yeah.

Even if you kill the boss of the area, you still have a chance to keep going. When you go back you'll notice you can make your final "step" into the final boss, but you can avoid it and get going with chalices/optional bosses , etc.

A backup? USB Stick to the ready! I assume you can't make backups on PS+ as it will constantly overwrite the saves, right?

Thanks guys for the replies!

Zocano

A backup? USB Stick to the ready! I assume you can't make backups on PS+ as it will constantly overwrite the saves, right?

Thanks

You can, actually. It overwrites the harddrive save, yes, but you can just pull the PS+ cloud storage save and preserve an old save file.

Managed to get
shadows of yharnam
down with a little help, can't say i the fight much, currently getting my assignment handed to me by the byrgenworth hunter, time for a break I think!

EL CUCO

Thanks guys for the replies!
Yup, you can. Just disable the auto upload feature in settings. A USB doesn't hurt, though. I have my game saved on both.

Sweets, thanks again!

Ohh, another question relating to an NPC..

In Cainhurst Castle I went to the secret NPC Queen behind the boss and spoke with her. Then I gave shithead the Summons and he went and killed her. I then took her flesh and it said it was warm etc. Is that the end of her? Can she be resurrected or something? I've not seen anything since which may point to that, I just wondered.

Zocano

In Cainhurst Castle I went to the secret NPC Queen behind the boss and spoke with her. Then I gave shithead the Summons and he went and killed her. I then took her flesh and it said it was warm etc. Is that the end of her? Can she be resurrected or something? I've not seen anything since which may point to that, I just wondered.

Just keep playing :)

If you hit credits before you find anything, you've done something wrong.

Ferrio

Banned
Sweets, thanks again!

Yes she can, you'll find it if you do all the bosses

thomas_mutton

Neo Member
So finally in my NG+ after messing around getting summoned for the
Rom
fight I realized that
if you kill ALL the little spiders including the small ones that are not hostile in the distance, he will not actually summon ANY spiders as he teleports

Well this fight just became a hell of a lot easier :O

Zocano

So finally in my NG+ after messing around getting summoned for the
Rom
fight I realized that
if you kill ALL the little spiders including the small ones that are not hostile in the distance, he will not actually summon ANY spiders as he teleports

Well this fight just became a hell of a lot easier :O

That's a glitch that happens in co-op. Dunno why it happens but I assume the latency and trying to synch with both players causes
the spiders to "spawn" early. They're scripting isn't active though so they're free kills. And Rom only has a set number of warps with a set number of spider spawns so those are from the same pool of spiders that were set to spawn so you just end up killing them prematurely.

NEO0MJ

God damn it, the boss
shadow of yharnam
is causing me so much trouble. Lost against it more times than acceptable. This is the first time I struggled with a boss in this game, even though I'm still kinda early into it. The first 4 I only had to face twice at most but I died like 6 times to this one.

This game is not very inviting to people who want to make several different characters. I wish these damn chalice dungeons would be unlocked for allcharacters once you did them all. It's bullshit you have to grind through all of them again on every new character before you can even start grinding for good gems/upgrade materials.

One of my biggest complaints about the game so far. :/

thomas_mutton

Neo Member
That's a glitch that happens in co-op. Dunno why it happens but I assume the latency and trying to synch with both players causes
the spiders to "spawn" early. They're scripting isn't active though so they're free kills. And Rom only has a set number of warps with a set number of spider spawns so those are from the same pool of spiders that were set to spawn so you just end up killing them prematurely.

I see. It did seem pretty weird, but I already beat the boss without co-op so had no way of verifying.
Still think prefer doing the fight with killing all the small ones after each teleport though. Otherwise turns in to such a mess for the final phase. Spiders EVERYWHERE

So I didn't get the chalice from cleric first time round, I've completed the game and just wondering whether he might drop it the second time round?

God damn it, the boss
shadow of yharnam
is causing me so much trouble. Lost against it more times than acceptable. This is the first time I struggled with a boss in this game, even though I'm still kinda early into it. The first 4 I only had to face twice at most but I died like 6 times to this one.

Same here, I had to summon help, he died half way through but it did help me a bit.

After 57 hours, it's platinum'd!
Thanks everyone for all the advice and help <3

Feels so good to finally be free of this nightmare, but I enjoyed it(not something I say about a lot of my nightmares)

THE FUCK
Hunters Dream is on fire!! WAAAT.

Wet Nurse was cool. Easy but cool. Now it's onto Lumen Gardens, i think the last boss remaining, then I need to start the Dungeons!

IT'S ON FIRE!

:D

It's at the end of the
Old Yharnam
area past Djura(
the machine gunner
).

You can reach it through the Cathedral Ward when you exit to the left from the lamp.

Ehh, I thought I explored all of old yarnham, maybe he didn't spawn first time round because I didn't kill the machine gunner? I skipped him first time, cleared the areas at the back and then went back for him. That's annoying as fuck lol gotta get all the way back there then in ng+ so I can do the dungeons :/

Ehh, I thought I explored all of old yarnham, maybe he didn't spawn first time round because I didn't kill the machine gunner? I skipped him first time, cleared the areas at the back and then went back for him. That's annoying as fuck lol gotta get all the way back there then in ng+ so I can do the dungeons :/

You don't have to kill him. Just pass him and go through the big cathedral with a bunch of enemies in it. The one with a big beast strung up in the middle. There's a second exit behind the altar with ritual blood on it.

myco666

Is she weak against fire? She is weak against Bolt.

Just by clearing out the 1st batch of spiders and then go ham on it with Bolt Paper + Beast Blood Pellet I can bring her health down by 2/3. The rest I just shoot her twice with a bone ash powered cannon shots, lol.

I tried to do the Flamesprayer method and got her at best down to 1/3 left =\

Atleast in this video she seems to go down pretty fast. The uploader has 30 arcane and +6 flamesprayer but the scaling is bad so I don't think it really matters.

THE FUCK
Hunters Dream is on fire!! WAAAT.

Wet Nurse was cool. Easy but cool. Now it's onto Lumen Gardens, i think the last boss remaining, then I need to start the Dungeons!

IT'S ON FIRE!

:D

Be warned after the last boss it goes straight into NG+ so pick up everything you want before doing that or have back up save.

Atleast in this video she seems to go down pretty fast. The uploader has 30 arcane and +6 flamesprayer but the scaling is bad so I don't think it really matters.

Be warned after the first boss it goes straight into NG+ so pick up everything you want before doing that or have back up save.

Ohh in the Lumen Gardens? I was heading there now.

Top Bottom