• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I have started a new character to make a proper PvP build. Damn, did not expect to breeze through the game like that. Up to Nightmare Frontier and have yet to die to a boss. After doing the Defiled Dungeon this is pretty much free. Threaded Cane is easy mode though.

I feel like the whole game is easy mode but I've heard new game plus and beyond is the real deal.

Sevyne

I feel like the whole game is easy mode but I've heard new game plus and beyond is the real deal.

Honestly, even the NG+ and beyond isn't that bad if you've run all of the Chalice Dungeon stuff. The deep Chalice stuff is the real deal. After doing all of that, it makes the normal game feel easy. Unfortunately, Chalice Dungeons don't scale to NG+, but they're still far more challenging than anything in the normal game.

Derpot

Chalice Dungeons are challenging, alright. Too bad they're too repetitive, boring and there are too much of them with useless loots.

Like, you open a giant golden coffin and you're like:

"Ohohoho what is thiiiis? :D "

"Ritual Blood (5) "

" : | "

I hate that.

Sayad

NG+ depend highly on your build, had no problem the first time, but when I started a pvp build, had a lot of trouble against NG+ VA because the character couldn't deal high enough damage to her while she heals to either stagger her or negate the healing. Had to use numbing mist every time she'd heal(which effect last way less against her in NG+) and ran out of it before killing her. Had to comeback with maximum numbing mist stock to defeat her.

Chalice Dungeons are challenging, alright. Too bad they're too repetitive, boring and there are too much of them with useless loots.

Like, you open a giant golden coffin and you're like:

"Ohohoho what is thiiiis? :D "

"Ritual Blood (5) "

" : | "

I hate that.
Only the highest level randomized chalice dungeons are fun to go through and have worthy loot, too bad it's a steep grind before you have access to them. They really have to fix this, making a new PvP character never took this long in a previous Souls game.

Amused

Fallen way behind on my bloodborne playthrough, crazy at work the last month, so just reached nightmare frontier.

Loving the pvp community so far, even though I suck at it so far. Not one person gave healed up on me yet.

Joei

Fallen way behind on my bloodborne playthrough, crazy at work the last month, so just reached nightmare frontier.

Loving the pvp community so far, even though I suck at it so far. Not one person gave healed up on me yet.

I just bought the game the other day and turned it on, to which I had to spend however long doing an update, and when I got to the start up menu, it says I need PS+ for online play. I honestly didn't even start to play cause I was confused since you don't need PS+ for the other 3 games. So will I not be able to do PvP unless I buy PS+? If so, then... GRUMBLE GRUBMLE

Ferr986

NG+ depend highly on your build, had no problem the first time, but when I started a pvp build, had a lot of trouble against NG+ VA because the character couldn't deal high enough damage to her while she heals to either stagger her or negate the healing. Had to use numbing mist every time she'd heal(which effect last way less against her in NG+) and ran out of it before killing her. Had to comeback with maximum numbing mist stock to defeat her.

Only the highest level randomized chalice dungeons are fun to go through and have worthy loot, too bad it's a steep grind before you have access to them. They really have to fix this, making a new PvP character never took this long in a previous Souls game.

Yeah, I'm not going to do any more PvP characters. Doing the Chalice grinding with two characters was enough for me.

zoukka

What's the deal with the mosquito woman in cainhurst courtyard that doesn't attack me? A weird enemy or an NPC perhaps?

Putty

Bah!
Wet Nurse
has got me 3 times now.....got her down to half health but then that bloody
mist thing where the screen goes all dark grey
just screws me over.

Ferr986

Ugh. The second half of Forbidden Woods is not fun.

There's always running the shit out till the boss

cX5Q6rR.gif

danthefan

If you are just trying to get through it, and don't care about exploring every corner of the area right at this moment, just follow the torches. They'll lead you in the right direction.

Could always just run past everything ;o

There's always running the shit out till the boss

cX5Q6rR.gif

Hah, thanks guys.

In other news Paarl down finally. He killed me a lot yesterday but switched the game on this morning and got him first time.

in which order did you grogress through the chalice dungeons?

always normal version and then root version?

Root dungeons are optional, best used for loot, but even then you're better off looking online for glyph passwords that take you directly to the good loot.

Hypron

It's weird, in my current lvl 4 playthrough I haven't had any bell maiden spawn in the nightmares... I'm playing online so I'm not sure why they aren't there. Could it be because there's no one in my lvl range in those areas?

takriel

oh my, the Chikage fully cursed gemmed.... shit's is crazy, man. I fear FROM will touch it.

Ignore roots until the Depth 5 ones.

I would love if we could skip the Pthumeru ones and just start with the Loran Chalice. But in order to do that, we would have to farm easy Ritual Blood (4) somewhere...

Jrmint

Could you guys recommend the best level to do Unseen Village and Paarl? I'm not sure if I should do it before Forbidden Woods or not?

danthefan

Could you guys recommend the best level to do Unseen Village and Paarl? I'm not sure if I should do it before Forbidden Woods or not?

I just killed Paarl at about lv 50. You can get from the Gaol lamp to the boss in a few seconds so I didn't do the whole Unseen Village.

I'm in the middle of doing the Woods, had just unlocked the first big shortcut so went for a change in scenery.

takriel

If you have decent bolt resistance and a +6 weapon you can beat him even earlier. Make sure to use Beast Blood Pellets and deal rapid blows to his legs. If done correctly, he won't be able to do anything but run away lol.

Sayad

Unseen village is more about learning the match ups than levels, you could take on every encounter there comfortably the moment you get there long as you can kill those snatchers(kidnappers) with two v-attacks. Just go through the area 1v1, never try to fight more than one enemy at the same time. For Paarl, you need to be able to stagger it fast enough, otherwise it's gonna be a tough fight, this is also more dependent on your build/damage than level.
Tips for
Wet Nurse
peeps?
Her attacks are slow and well telegraphed, you can stay away, memorize the pattern and sneak in 1 or 2 attacks when you feel it's safe.
When it gets dark and she turn into two, look on one of them and keep side stepping everything. Don't try to attack when there are two.

You can also just keep attacking her at all time(except when it gets dark) and when she attack, dodge to the side where the attack is coming from. Her attacks are really slow,

Mozz-eyes

Banned
So I've been going through the game without a guide (apart from looking up how to be summoned) and have just killed the witch and got the item that allows you to equip runes or whatever they're called.

Currently level 45.

Roughly how far through am I?

ISee

So I've been going through the game without a guide (apart from looking up how to be summoned) and have just killed the witch and got the item that allows you to equip runes or whatever they're called.

Currently level 45.

Roughly how far through am I?

The witch is considered an optional boss and you can do it at any point in the game after father g... so you should tell us all the bosses you killed so far.

Ok, I'm asking since I cannot find anyone in the Wiki reporting on this.

About Gherman:

It says I'm supposed to find him in the Garden at Hunter's dream if he's not in the house, but ever since beating Vicar Amelia he has completely disappeared from the Hunter's Dream, and I haven't seen him again. I'm now at the Nightmare Frontier, and have yet to see him again.

Cannot find any reports of this happening to anyone, and I just want to make sure he shows up at the very end since I know he needs to be there for the finale.

Any thoughts?

Mozz-eyes

Banned
The witch is considered an optional boss and you can do it at any point in the game after father g... so you should tell us all the bosses you killed so far.

priestess who turns into giant hairy monster
The bloodthirsty demon thing in old yarnam
The witch

Those are the most recent ones.

Feels like I'm a lot further but I guess I'm still in the first 1/3 of the game.

Edit

I'm playing the Japanese version, hence why I don't know the English boss names.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok, I'm asking since I cannot find anyone in the Wiki reporting on this.

About Gherman:

It says I'm supposed to find him in the Garden at Hunter's dream if he's not in the house, but ever since beating Vicar Amelia he has completely disappeared from the Hunter's Dream, and I haven't seen him again. I'm now at the Nightmare Frontier, and have yet to see him again.

Cannot find any reports of this happening to anyone, and I just want to make sure he shows up at the very end since I know he needs to be there for the finale.

Any thoughts?

Don't worry; he disappears from time to time in Hunter's Dream; from what I can tell it's pretty much random whether he appears in the garden sleeping or not. It will not affect the end game.

takriel

Up against
ROM
. Any tips? I noticed my weapons do very little dmg to him or the
spiders

The spiders have some sort of stone armor on their head, so make sure to hit them from behind or from the side.

Kill the first batch of little spiders, then try and deal as much damage to Rom as you can before he teleports away. Bolt damage helps a lot.

Dynedom

Up against
ROM
. Any tips? I noticed my weapons do very little dmg to him or the
spiders

Do you have the Tonitrus? A level 4 or 5 tonitrus, with electric buff active, one shots the
mini spiders
if you don't hit their face.

When
Rom rains down ice
, I found that dodge rolling in alternate directions can make them miss.

I've heard some people say ignore
the little spiders
but I think this can only work if you kite them far enough. It's a ballsy strat to go in on him
while they are still around him

I also think Rom is weak to fire or you can toss an oil urn on him and burn him down with firepaper or a FlameSprayer (I did the latter).
Bolt paper also works as I think he is genuinely weak to bolt. The Tonitrus again helps.

Ok, thanks for the tips.

How hard would this boss fight rate against the others?

It is easy once you get the "distance" down. That is, staying close enough so he doesn't use his range attack but far enough away to avoid the AOE from the ground. Then just pick off the minions and he can't do much.

Patience.

Dynedom

Ok, thanks for the tips.

If not for the
falling ice projectiles
, the fight is incredibly easy. That BS definitely ramps it up though out of what I've fought thus far.
Rom and Vicar Amelia
are my toughest battles to date.

It is easy once you get the "distance" down. That is, staying close enough so he doesn't use his range attack but far enough away to avoid the AOE from the ground. Then just pick off the minions and he can't go much.

Patience.

I never got that range down and convinced there is no safe range. >=(
I'm sure there is...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok, thanks for the tips.

Wear Arcane resistant clothings and rune, since most likely her attacks that will get you are her icicle shower or her AOE when you get close to her.

She's... I wouldn't call her easy, but she's... somewhere in between normal and hard, I guess.

Blood beast pellets works wonder with her, FYI, especially coupled with Bolt Paper or Tonitrus.

Hypron

It is easy once you get the "distance" down. That is, staying close enough so he doesn't use his range attack but far enough away to avoid the AOE from the ground. Then just pick off the minions and he can't do much.

Patience.

He is less likely to use his meteors if you're close to him but he can still do them. He shot meteors at me the other day while I was attacking him.

Top Bottom