• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

You don't have to kill him. Just pass him and go through the big cathedral with a bunch of enemies in it. The one with a big beast strung up in the middle. There's a second exit behind the altar with ritual blood on it.

I just looked on YouTube and It seems there is a whole area of old yarnham I had no idea about :D

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I see people talking about farming a lot and Im surprised that nobody mentions the area near the blood starved beast that has five giant wolves and several smaller enemies. Farming that area takes minutes and I can easily net between 5-6K echoes and each of those giant wolves drops a bloodstone which you use for weapon upgrading.

Zocano

I see people talking about farming a lot and Im surprised that nobody mentions the area near the blood starved beast that has five giant wolves and several smaller enemies. Farming that area takes minutes and I can easily net between 5-6K echoes and each of those giant wolves drops a bloodstone which you use for weapon upgrading.

ixlHOCaCfqKy2.gif

Man, you start drowning in souls later in the game. 5/6K is nothing.

Also bloodstone shards are the least of your worries.

myco666

I'm of the opinion at no point should you ever worry about farming levels in this game/series.

As in, levels are just a crutch. Free yourself and accept the true path of SL1.

Well not for levels but getting echoes for vials and you get materials for upgrading also.

UrbanRats

I'm of the opinion at no point should you ever worry about farming levels in this game/series.

As in, levels are just a crutch. Free yourself and accept the true path of SL1.

Levels? No, but if you need 99 Vials fast, to keep trying an hard boss/enemy, it can be useful to have a place to farm echoes quickly.
Personally i go for the
classroom
in the Lecture Hall, plenty of
ghosts
there that go down in one hit, with a fire weapon.
You can do 200k in no time.

Zocano

I mean, I guess. The first area is still real quick for vials pre-VA and they give you plenty of bloodstone shards for at least a few +3 weapons.

I never felt a need to farm for anything other than chunks because of how rare they are.

And even then, I'm not even farming chunks, rather just running through NG+'s cause it's just faster.

Personally i go for the
classroom
in the Lecture Hall, plenty of
ghosts
there that go down in one hit, with a fire weapon.
You can do 200k in no time.

I suppose, but running through NG+'s is far more lucrative in my opinion.

Just noticed that a good farming spot is
the Shadows of Yarnham patrols and Pigs before the Wet Nurse boss area. They drop lots!

Feindflug

Well not for levels but getting echoes for vials and you get materials for upgrading also.

Why bother? he clearly wanted to post that gif so much that he hardly thought about what the other dude was saying, at first it was a "lol noob" response and then it turned into a "lol only casuls level up" and now he agrees? dat backfire. :O

myco666

the Shadows of Yarnham patrols and Pigs before the Wet Nurse boss area. They drop lots!

Whole
Mensis
is super great for farming. You get bunch of echoes and twin bloodshards from going through the whole level and it is fun area also.

Zocano

Why bother? he clearly wanted to post that gif so much that he hardly thought about what the other dude was saying, at first it was a "lol noob" response and then it turned into a "lol only casuls level up" and now he agrees? dat backfire. :O

Oh man, my feelings. Better be passive aggressive instead of just calling me out directly.

Feindflug

Yeah
Mensis
seems to be the best area for farming echoes though some other guys are saying that
Lecture Hall
is equally good or even better.

Neoweee

This game is not very inviting to people who want to make several different characters. I wish these damn chalice dungeons would be unlocked for allcharacters once you did them all. It's bullshit you have to grind through all of them again on every new character before you can even start grinding for good gems/upgrade materials.

One of my biggest complaints about the game so far. :/

I agree with this. Chalice "Progression" needs a massive revamping.

It will take a lot for me to ever do the super post-platinum chalice dungeons, because I want to do a new build but don't want to redo those pre-set Chalice dungeons again.

Zocano

If you want to stay in NG, getting to Depth 5 chalice dungeons gets you really stupid amounts of souls. Even against NG+'s, Depth 5 dungeons have really dumb soul drops and the Isz chalice in particular because the enemies are generally much faster/easier to kill.

I haven't done any of the Chalice Dungeons yet and I am now Lv 90. How many of them will be a total breeze? Or do they scale with you (I suspect not as that would be very inconsistent with the rest of the game).

I found that cainhurst castle area (
mosquitoes
) give so SO much BE even without the moon rune. I then go back to the bridge and jump off, pick BE's rinse and repeat

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member

I know many are way ahead or finished and this is some laughable joke but at the early stages and as one progresses each area becomes some-what a Farming Area. Yes...there are better ones with more goodies and 4-5 times the echoes. But depending upon your level, 5-6K echoes could be a lot. I was farming the first part of the Forbidden Woods getting around 14-16K but I bet that is even considered a joke by some. But that's the way the game is structured.

If you want to stay in NG, getting to Depth 5 chalice dungeons gets you really stupid amounts of souls. Even against NG+'s, Depth 5 dungeons have really dumb soul drops and the Isz chalice in particular because the enemies are generally much faster/easier to kill.

Pretty much anything that is NG+ levels of difficulty will drown you in souls, but that doesn't mean having a good farming spot before then isn't useful if you haven't gotten to that point yet.

I haven't done any of the Chalice Dungeons yet and I am now Lv 90. How many of them will be a total breeze? Or do they scale with you (I suspect not as that would be very inconsistent with the rest of the game).
Only Depths 1-3 are a breeze. 4-5 you should wait until NG+ (because the drops there aren't meant for NG).

They don't scale with the difficulty you're on.

Zocano

Depths 1 to 3 will all be pushovers but you will have to at least try somewhat for Depth 3 bosses.

Depth 4 is when you will have to start playing like a regular playthrough again.

So
3 full (3 layers each) chalice dungeons.

Mogwai

Ran in to Vicar Amelia with a +6 Saw Cleaver and 23 STR.

The fight was over in less than a minute... Probably a bit over-leveled, but damn. That went fast.

Alpende

Just starting on Chalice Dungeons and have no clue what im searching for

My initial reaction the the dungeons. From what I understand it's basically just making your way through, while picking up loot, until you can't progress further and then start a new dungeon from materials you've gathered.

EL CUCO

My initial reaction the the dungeons. From what I understand it's basically just making your way through, while picking up loot, until you can't progress further and then start a new dungeon from materials you've gathered.
I see that I can create one, or search for one. Am confused lol

myco666

I see that I can create one, or search for one. Am confused lol

Searching is for coop purposes. You can give the glyph from chalice you created to someone so that they can search your chalice and join your game. It is way too confusing though because it isn't explained at all.

OK then, I think that was the last thing to do..

Just killed Daughter of the Cosmos in co-op, and I revived the Queen yay. Not much to be done with her now though. I don't have blood dregs as I assume that's PVP related.

I've done everything I think so can finish it. I've just been reading up and the three endings, so to 'cheese' the Trophies you basically back-up, and do each option? Then reload the 'unfinished' save and choose the other option? Is there a best case one to do last for going into NG+? I'd like all the weapons and I read the boss has the last Badge but you can get it without completing the game? I assume you get it part way through and can then die and go back to the dream.

Guys, so I think I'm already after the half of the game (beat Vicary Amelia, the boss that heals itself at the Cathedral). I'm loving the game but I'm missing hard time the story. Should I watch a video explaining the story before finishing the game ?
I don't think I'll replay it anytime soon .

EL CUCO

Searching is for coop purposes. You can give the glyph from chalice you created to someone so that they can search your chalice and join your game. It is way too confusing though because it isn't explained at all.
Does searching by glyph also cost materials?

myco666

Just killed Daughter of the Cosmos in co-op, and I revived the Queen yay. Not much to be done with her now though. I don't have blood dregs as I assume that's PVP related.

I've done everything I think so can finish it. I've just been reading up and the three endings, so to 'cheese' the Trophies you basically back-up, and do each option? Then reload the 'unfinished' save and choose the other option? Is there a best case one to do last for going into NG+? I'd like all the weapons and I read the boss has the last Badge but you can get it without completing the game? I assume you get it part way through and can then die and go back to the dream.

Best way to do it is to
back up save before talking to Gehrman. Choose submit, then refuse and beat Gehrman and finally refuse and eat 3 umbilical chords before fighting Gehrman.
Also pick Blood Rock and Living String before going to NG+.

Does searching by glyph also cost materials?

If I remember correctly they don't cost materials if you have beaten the Chalice once or if you have once created one.

Footos22

Just starting on Chalice Dungeons and have no clue what im searching for
xD13KXx.jpg

Just work your way through them one by one. Side doors in the corridors are always optional areas where you'll find chests. They are pretty boring. But you're doing it for the bosses anyway so just carry on.

Arjen

So, new character, just did BSB, when i was done i looked at my vials and saw i didn't even use one, watched back, i didn't even get hit once. I don't consider myself an amazing player so i thought it was pretty special.
https://youtu.be/CgsiOsna19Q
Maybe it will help some people strugling with them.

patchday

Yeah that was my spot before I flipped over into NG+. What's even better the
pigs fight the patrols
. So I'd just ran past everything and let them kill each other. Then come back and mop up the hurt enemies

Yeah that was my spot before I flipped over into NG+. What's even better the
pigs fight the patrols
. So I'd just ran past everything and let them kill each other. Then come back and mop up the hurt enemies
Nah brehs, chalice dungeons will forever be the best place to farm echoes.

thomas_mutton

Neo Member

Isz is great to go through as soon as you get access because you get insane echos and blood gems that are dropped are really good (assuming you use a weapon with a triangle gem slot). The first bosses are also way easier than a lot of depth 4 dungeon bossesl. And it has quite nice scenery. My fav dungeon so far.

EL CUCO

If I remember correctly they don't cost materials if you have beaten the Chalice once or if you have once created one.

Just work your way through them one by one. Side doors in the corridors are always optional areas where you'll find chests. They are pretty boring. But you're doing it for the bosses anyway so just carry on.
Thanks. Just gonna dive in and see what happens.

Mephala

I don't have blood dregs as I assume that's PVP related.

Just a FYI, you can get them from hostile hunters throughout the game if you have the
Vileblood Covenant Rune
equipped. Exceptions are F
ather G, Hunters/Bosses in Chalice Dungeons (so far for me any way) and friendly NPCs

patchday

Nah brehs, chalice dungeons will forever be the best place to farm echoes.

I did the first piss easy chalice dungeon but stopped playing afterwards. Kept reading bout defiled chalice dungeon which sounded like a total nightmare. Maybe one day I'll try it but for now I'm gonna pass on all that pain

Zocano

Guys, so I think I'm already after the half of the game (beat Vicary Amelia, the boss that heals itself at the Cathedral). I'm loving the game but I'm missing hard time the story. Should I watch a video explaining the story before finishing the game ?
I don't think I'll replay it anytime soon .

The story is mostly back-loaded so don't worry. You're still very much in the dark for now deliberately so just keep playing. Just try to be thorough and read item descriptions and you should get the general gist of the game.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Defiled Chalice is the work of the devil

Level 4 & 5 chalices are mainly to give players with very high level characters something to do. Getting to SL 200+ in Bloodborne is no big deal at all without ever resorting to grinding.

Top Bottom