• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Mindman

Since my question never got answered earlier, how do you unlock the gate near the bottom of Hunter's Dream? I'm near the end but I haven't been able to open it yet.

isitstill

Would anyone be up to help me fight
Ebrietas
?

I'm down in that chamber right before her, level 108. Help would really be appreciated.

khaaan

Can anyone provide a hint as to where I'm supposed to go next? The last couple of bosses I beat are Vicar and then the Hemwick Witch. I know where Darkbeast Paarl is but based on the damage I was taking I think I found it too early. I've gone up a few levels so I think I could give it another shot and explore all the surrounding area but I've only discovered two lamps on the second tombstone so there's something that I'm missing.

Can anyone provide a hint as to where I'm supposed to go next? The last couple of bosses I beat are Vicar and then the Hemwick Witch. I know where Darkbeast Paarl is but based on the damage I was taking I think I found it too early. I've gone up a few levels so I think I could give it another shot and explore all the surrounding area but I've only discovered two lamps on the second tombstone so there's something that I'm missing.

Forbidden Woods sounds like your next destination. Do you know how to get there? It requires a password, which you would of gotten with the reward for killing Vicar.

myco666

The courtyard in Cathedral Ward that has two giants is a path that leads to next area. There is a door that asks a paaasswoord.

I'm the first to admit I'm not GREAT at these games. I prefer doing bosses with someone else. Why is it that whenever I help others I'm a good summon and every summon I get is horrible :(

I've beaten all optional bosses and currently in
nightmare of menses
...man is this place hard! And that damn
giant spider!!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ran in to Vicar Amelia with a +6 Saw Cleaver and 23 STR.

The fight was over in less than a minute... Probably a bit over-leveled, but damn. That went fast.
Yeah, I wasn't so lucky. She kicked my ass.

I've got to learn how to evade better. I'm too quick at hitting with the soul cleaver and don't have enough stamina to roll away.

Mogwai

I'm the first to admit I'm not GREAT at these games. I prefer doing bosses with someone else. Why is it that whenever I help others I'm a good summon and every summon I get is horrible :(
Roll the dice. That's how summoning works in these games.

For the record, I've been helping out 6-7 people with VA this afternoon with a 100% success rate. I've done my coop duty for the day.

Dynedom

God damn it, the boss
shadow of yharnam
is causing me so much trouble. Lost against it more times than acceptable. This is the first time I struggled with a boss in this game, even though I'm still kinda early into it. The first 4 I only had to face twice at most but I died like 6 times to this one.

If you're still doing this, a partner helps but you need to have good coordination.

You should ideally focus and kill one first and I would opt for the fireshooter. After that, you need to whittle down the other 2 equally until they're both near 1/3 health. Then you need to kill them QUICK. Things get really dicey when they get to crit health with those damns snake summons. Bolt Paper and Tonitrus absolutely wreck them, btw.

If your partner works too fast compared to you, you're going to have snake summons up the ass and they hit HARD.

Atleast in this video she seems to go down pretty fast. The uploader has 30 arcane and +6 flamesprayer but the scaling is bad so I don't think it really matters.

Yeah, I think you need a +5 or +6 sprayer for it to work.

Mogwai

Yeah, I wasn't so lucky. She kicked my ass.

I've got to learn how to evade better. I'm too quick at hitting with the soul cleaver and don't have enough stamina to roll away.
If you stay behind her without lock-on it's not too difficult to dodge. Dodge whenever she does one of her sweeps or the wind up attacks. You should be able to avoid 90% of all damage. If you get caught in one of her combos, back off a little to heal up. Just make sure to get to her back again as quickly as possible.

I'd say the most difficult thing about her is to see which way she's facing. Freaking fur ball.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If you stay behind her without lock-on it's not too difficult to dodge. Dodge whenever she does one of her sweeps or the wind up attacks. You should be able to avoid 90% of all damage. If you get caught in one of her combos, back off a little to heal up. Just make sure to get to her back again as quickly as possible.

I'd say the most difficult thing about her is to see which way she's facing. Freaking fur ball.
It's fucking bullshit. I always seem to evade right into her goddamn fucking attack and then she just lays into me.

That is the difference between me and other souls players. It's one of those things I just I can't seem to perfect.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's fucking bullshit. I always seem to evade right into her goddamn fucking attack and then she just lays into me.

That is the difference between me and other souls players. It's one of those things I just I can't seem to perfect.

lol I said screw it.

I summoned help. Got that crazy woman.

zma1013

Just stay far away a bait her jump attack, it's easy to dodge, then just smack her and run away and do it all over again. Once she enters the healing phase make sure you bring numbing mists and throw on her. At this point she may not do her jumping attack anymore so you probably have to duke it out with her then.

Mogwai

If you enter the boss room and sprint to her left side, she should do a jump attack. You should be able dodge that one.

But really, just keep practicing. You'll get it eventually. And for the record, I had a 10-15 wipe streak on this boss myself around launch.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Does anyone know if there is a connection between A
mygdala
and G
erhnam
?

I ask because their respective music themes seem to share a similar motif.

EL CUCO

So I killed the f
lamingdog of old watches
from the first chalice. I think I found all the loot as well. Does that mean I'm done in that specific dungeon and it's time to move to the next one?

So I killed the f
lamingdog of old watches
from the first chalice. I think I found all the loot as well. Does that mean I'm done in that specific dungeon and it's time to move to the next one?

Yup, you're done with that Chalice. Your next one should be Central Pthumeru, if you fully explored the first Chalice you should have enough materials for it.

Minamu

I could use some tips on the Chalice Dungeons. I made the first one today and beat the three bosses there, couldn't see any hidden rooms or items. I did obviously get two new chalices but where do I go from here with them? There seems to be limited space with only 5 tombstones or so? This is all quite confusing :lol

NateGrigs

I know its frustrating (it certainly was for me), but as a souls noob, I found that things started clicking and became much easier and more fun after that fight. I had to grind the wolves (kill all 5 and return to the hunters dream to level up) between losses. I think that dodging the wolves (and others) during this process helped be get a better feel for the range of my weapons (which is extremely important) and the dodging mechanic.

I have also found that sometimes a break is in order. Often times I get frustrated and try to rush back to a boss, only to get killed by some scrub on the way. This frustration also leads to impatience and causes me to do worse against bosses.

myco666

I could use some tips on the Chalice Dungeons. I made the first one today and beat the three bosses there, couldn't see any hidden rooms or items. I did obviously get two new chalices but where do I go from here with them? There seems to be limited space with only 5 tombstones or so? This is all quite confusing :lol

You have finished the first chalice and you get root version (randomized) of that chalice and next chalice. Just make the next chalice to next tombstone and once they are full just remove one of them that you don't need.

If I have the unopened summons, where does Alfred go? I don't see him in the Cathedral Ward.

He should be where you get to Forbidden Woods.

Minamu

You have finished the first chalice and you get root version (randomized) of that chalice and next chalice. Just make the next chalice to next tombstone and once they are full just remove one of them that you don't need.
Okay great :) Is there a point to the root version apart from getting "unlimited" content?

Just about to play BB (and any Souls game) for the first time. What is up with the brightness calibration screen? 'Adjust so the beast is invisible'. Why would I adjust my screen so slightly above black is invisible!? I'm pretty sure it should read 'barely visible'.

zma1013

Just about to play BB (and any Souls game) for the first time. What is up with the brightness calibration screen? 'Adjust so the beast is invisible'. Why would I adjust my screen so slightly above black is invisible!? I'm pretty sure it should read 'barely visible'.

I find 2 ticks above invisible seems to be ideal.

Korosenai

I've tried out almost every weapon in the game, and nothing compares to Ludwigs Holy Blade for me. It's just my favorite weapon.

Cess007

Is it just me or the matchmaking is worst than ever lately? I struggle to find one player in 15minuts.

I found that when asking for Co-Op i've waited up to 10 minutes and nobody appeared
(in the chamber before Ebrietas)
. But when i was the one trying to help, i got summoned with in 30 seconds. Maybe people is asking more for help rather than helping.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, I'm not going to do any more PvP characters. Doing the Chalice grinding with two characters was enough for me.
I don't understand why you need "chalice grinding" for a PvP character...? Unless you're obsessed about gems or something.

You *MUST* kill either

So actually 10.
Only in NG, though. In NG+ it's 9. And 8
if you don't care about turning into a slug

I'm of the opinion at no point should you ever worry about farming levels in this game/series.
Agreed. Play the game normally, spend your souls normally, and you'll be fine.

I really can't understand people who are grinding/farming.

As in, levels are just a crutch. Free yourself and accept the true path of SL1.
lol I wouldn't go that far. It's boring to never spend souls/echoes anyway. :p If you just spend what you naturally acquire throughout the game on weapon upgrades, levels, and consumables, you'll be plenty powerful to tackle on the new challenges that these games throw at you.

myco666

Only in NG, though. In NG+ it's 9. And 8
if you don't care about turning into a slug

Well you if you haven't beaten CB in NG then you have to beat either him or BSB. But otherwise they can be skipped.

I really can't understand people who are grinding/farming.

Well sometimes you need couple of levels to equip a weapon or you hit a wall at chalice dungeons and need to get vitality or endurance up to make it more manageable.

Lower Pthumeru 3rd floor.....the real Chalice Dungeons start here?

Not even close to being taste of what to come.

Skii

Lower Pthumeru 3rd floor.....the real Chalice Dungeons start here?

Ailing Loran Layer 3 is probably the real difficulty spike. There's a new enemy introduced in Ailing Loran that scares the shit out of you. You will know what I'm talking about. The boss in Layer 3 was very difficult but one of my favourite fights in a Souls game to date.

Going to do Defiled tonight...

Top Bottom