• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

FranXico

So I tried to take out the guy with the machinegun turret...

He utterly destroyed me, and has also a fuck ton of HP.

Fume knight? Artorias? Those are jokes man compared some of these hunters NPC's...

I got him in my first try:
Hunter's Axe +5, charged R2 swing. That will knock him down the tower

Gigarator

Sod the Watchdog, Amygdala was the MVP in my defiled chalice.

Managed to take down the keeper and watchdog on the first attempt but Amy wasn't playing games, every time it got to ripping off it's arms it was game over for me. In the end I just stuck close in that phase and kept close to it's arms to try whittling it down with L2 hits of the Ludwig. Fortunately for me the boss seemed to forget how to do anything other than leap around for the final phase so getting the kill was just a matter of patience.

Glad that's over, time to take on the depth 5's.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If this is a hint, enlighten me.

Edit: my question may have been somewhat vague too: I know he's a character from Dark (or Demons?) and has found his way to Bloodborne. But I have missed him, or I have found him too vague to recognize.
He's a recurring character in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, a shifty dude who appears friendly and then screws you over and when you confront him later he gets scared and cowardly and begs forgiveness. His new incarnation in Bloodborne is pretty amusing.

The cleric thing is something he asks you in Dark Souls, he's not very fond of clerics.

Mutombo

He's a recurring character in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, a shifty dude who appears friendly and then screws you over and when you confront him later he gets scared and cowardly and begs forgiveness. His new incarnation in Bloodborne is pretty amusing.

The cleric thing is something he asks you in Dark Souls, he's not very fond of clerics.

Ah! Him! But what's his bloodborne incarnation then?

taybul

Had so much trouble at level 70 with Ebrietas in my new Bloodtinge/Chikage toon. That charge really is cheap. Kept trying to bait a head slam but it just wouldn't work. After a couple of hours of that (I was really adamant about the strat) I went all rage mode dancing around her doing R2 charges in 2H mode (drains health faster), popping vials like crazy, and ended up stunlocking her for a bit. Got that bitch down and she never did a single charge or laser light show. The beast mode is real.

Adam Blue

Hey guys, should invasions/co-op happen easily? I'm in NG++, Platinum'd, and have never invaded or been invaded, or have done co-op without the use of a password.

I rang a bell for co-op once right outside of
SoY
on NG++, gave the partner a password and waited. Other than that, I can never get any type of co-op to work. I'm playing on a new character and want to try co-oping on bosses, but it never works. Either I wait forever, or it sends me to the main menu. I am lvl 201 now, and I'm trying not to level up anymore.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ah! Him! But what's his bloodborne incarnation then?
I don't know how far you are into the game so I've separated the spoilers:
(around Forbidden Woods area maybe)
At some point he'll replace any NPC you talk to in Yharnam to give you the Tonsil Stone (for me he replaced a lady in some shack at the beginning of Forbidden Woods) and tell you where to use it. If you do, you get kidnapped by an Amygdala into the Lecture Building, F1, all whilst hearing his jeers. You can talk to him through a door in the lecture building but can't interact with him yet.

Nightmare Frontier
He then shows up in Nightmare Frontier (you may see shiny coins on the ground, if you follow them to a "treasure" he'll push you down in the poison pit and then laugh at you).

Post-Rom, Unseen Village
After beating The One Reborn, you have access to Lecture Building F2, where you can reach the room he's hiding in and that's when he'll do his cowardly spiel when confronted. He's a spider with a human face, haha. If you talk to him he'll give you a pretty good rune. A lot of people accidentally kill him because they just slash away at the spider they see hahaha.

Mutombo

I don't know how far you are into the game so I've separated the spoilers:
(around Forbidden Woods area maybe)
At some point he'll replace any NPC you talk to in Yharnam to give you the Tonsil Stone (for me he replaced a lady in some shack at the beginning of Forbidden Woods) and tell you where to use it. If you do, you get kidnapped by an Amygdala into the Lecture Building, F1, all whilst hearing his jeers. You can talk to him through a door in the lecture building but can't interact with him yet.

Nightmare Frontier
He then shows up in Nightmare Frontier (you may see shiny coins on the ground, if you follow them to a "treasure" he'll push you down in the poison pit and then laugh at you).

Post-Rom, Unseen Village
After beating The One Reborn, you have access to Lecture Building F2, where you can reach the room he's hiding in and that's when he'll do his cowardly spiel when confronted. He's a spider with a human face, haha. If you talk to him he'll give you a pretty good rune. A lot of people accidentally kill him because they just slash away at the spider they see hahaha.

I finished the game but missed all of this. Thanks.

Phreak47

Post-Rom, Unseen Village

Yeah that was awesome...
fortunately I didn't ruin that part for myself. I thought it was odd the way he was attached to the door, so I threw a pebble at him, and to my amazement he just crawls up onto the table and looks at me. Then I knew for sure he wasn't an ordinary enemy. Going back there later, there's a blood puddle where he was, so I guess something wasted him...lawl. Missed that part at nightmare frontier though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I finished the game but missed all of this. Thanks.
NP. You mean you missed the NPC, or those areas? Nightmare Frontier is a big place but it's sorta missable (entirely optional). You can reach it early via the
tonsil stone/Amygdala kidnapping
, or later after beating
The One Reborn and reaching the lower floor of the lecture building

My guess is that
you probably missed the tonsil stone part, got to Lecture Building F2 after The One Reborn but killed Patches thinking he was a spider enemy (if you kill him he says something like "that was uncharitably done, friend..." when he dies -- ring any bell?), and so didn't see him in Nightmare Frontier even if you did go there.

Yeah that was awesome...
fortunately I didn't ruin that part for myself. I thought it was odd the way he was attached to the door, so I threw a pebble at him, and to my amazement he just crawls up onto the table and looks at me. Then I knew for sure he wasn't an ordinary enemy. Missed that part at nightmare frontier though.
Heh, for me,
it was the fact that I couldn't lock on to him so I carefully approached until I saw "Talk [X]". Then I realized he was the creature talking to me through the door earlier in the game, and I LOLed when I saw Patches was a big spider. xD

Keihart

Level 80, finally beat the game, i destroyed the final two bosses, it was cool to feel so powerfull by the end, my +10 cane gave no shits about them.

I think i'll read about the endings because i have no idea what just happened.

Such a good game, loved it.

Pro-tip: lots but not all bosses can be put into viceral attack stance hitting them in the head hard enough.

Get rekt!

Seriously though don't get greedy and learn how to dodge the attacks reliably and learn the tells of moves. Keep cool.

I've learned to bait his slow chomps quite easily, and the magma puke usually nets me a strong attack. He's just an asshole.

It's just this bastard, the last Defiled boss and Great Ihyll and then my platinum is here. Can't give up now.

myco666

Considering the fight takes place on top of a small tower, I really wouldn't consider knocking him off "cheesing" it.

In my first playthrough he dashed himself off the edge lol. IMO it is cheesing to knock him off the tower.

Woods.

Why is everybody missing the woods? :D

Probably because the entrance is guarded by those two giants. I remember avoiding that area first because they did so much damage.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I tried to take out the guy with the machinegun turret...

He utterly destroyed me, and has also a fuck ton of HP.

Fume knight? Artorias? Those are jokes man compared some of these hunters NPC's...

Ignore him and move on as there is a story quest you miss out on eventually if you kill him off. Sort of the reason he has such bloated HP, sort of hinting that it is not a fight to take on right away

Putty

Lovely!
Wet Nurse
down on 6th attempt! Not going into final boss until I've cleared
Mensis
and
Nightmare Frontier
. I've
consumed the 3 cords
is that right? If so do I get the
Moon boss thing after G Man?

Ta

Adachi

Banned
God damn I hate
Ebrietas
, even after beating the game several times now I still cannot find a good tactic to beat this thing.

Am on NG+5 and she is just wrecking my shit, she deals massive damage with every hit, the hitboxes of her attacks seem to go against everything Bloodborne stands for (meaning most "how the fuck did that hit me"-moments in my game came from fights with her) and the camera is awful when you try staying close to her which is what every tactics video for this fight suggests.

Lovely!
Wet Nurse
down on 6th attempt! Not going into final boss until I've cleared
Mensis
and
Nightmare Frontier
. I've
consumed the 3 cords
is that right? If so do I get the
Moon boss thing after G Man?

Ta

That's right. Make sure to get that Blood Rock too if you haven't already.

Ignore him and move on as there is a story quest you miss out on eventually if you kill him off. Sort of the reason he has such bloated HP, sort of hinting that it is not a fight to take on right away

Interesting. For me he was one of the most enjoyable fights in the game.

Audioboxer

God damn I hate
Ebrietas
, even after beating the game several times now I still cannot find a good tactic to beat this thing.

Am on NG+5 and she is just wrecking my shit, she deals massive damage with every hit, the hitboxes of her attacks seem to go against everything Bloodborne stands for (meaning most "how the fuck did that hit me"-moments in my game came from fights with her) and the camera is awful when you try staying close to her which is what every tactics video for this fight suggests.

I have no idea how anyone can beat her on a SL4 playthrough lol.

Been thinking about a couple of locations in the game and had some questions so i'll put it in spoilers.

Is it true you can see the nightmare Frontier from the nightmare of mensis?

The building behind where you fight Amygdala - is that tower located anywhere in Yharnham? Can you see it from say the Upper Cathedral area?

Same with Mensis - are the buildings there anywhere in Yharnham? It has a very distinctive clock-tower that I thought matches one you can see in the Upper Cathedral area.

But I might be confusing it with the Grand Cathedral as it's in the general direction of where the Celestial Emissary and Ebrietas bosses are.

And the little celestial larvae at the entrance to that Upper Cathedral Ward Orphanage group together and look towards it too. So again, maybe it's the Grand Cathedral as isn't Ebrietas underneath it?
Are the any good lore writeups anywhere for these locations?

Umm... So when did they add respawning enemies? I went to the alternate entrance to Iosefka's clinic from the Forbidden Woods, and when I returned I got bum rushed by the dogs I killed earlier and died. I honestly don't even remember touching the lamppost at Iosefka's, and I definitely didn't go back to the dream. I'm so confused!

Xeilyn

Im on Difiled Watchdog aswell... Got him down real low a couple of times and hardly used any vials. First time i got greedy and the second time he hit me with a charge and then did one of those fast small aoe things right after so i died, gonna get him thats for sure

Late Flag

Dear Pthumerian Descendant:

I hate you. I wasn't particularly fond of your colleague, Defiled Watchdog, but he was at least fair and I felt like I was fighting him on a level playing field. I can respect him for that. You, on the other hand, fight cheap with your insta-attacks, weird parrying window, and bullshit scythes that clip frictionlessly through stone pillars. So yes, I cheesed you by keeping you close and poking you through those same pillars. If you get to do it, I figure it's fair game for me too.

I can't say I'm looking forward to your counterpart in the next layer, but I hope you burn in the hell I sent you to.

Top Bottom