• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Just like it was in every game before! :O

Imo it's useless because pvp in Bloodborne is pretty much non-existent. Magic was always a good pvp strategy/ build in the souls games. There is no reason to level blood or arcane in BB. It's useless.....the game isn't balanced imo. Compared to the souls games at least.

Imo it's useless because pvp in Bloodborne is pretty much non-existent. Magic was always a good pvp strategy/ build in the souls games. There is no reason to level blood or arcane in BB. It's useless.....the game isn't balanced imo. Compared to the souls games at least.

I just spent 2 hours doing nothing but PVP

Woo, level 16 and got the hammer. :D Trying to raise my str and vit so I can move onto Father G. Is he easier or harder than Cleric? I read that Cleric was an optional boss.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Is there any worthwhile reason to do COOP? For example if I call someone to help me in a fight what's the benefit to the person helping me? Just being nice?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any worthwhile reason to do COOP? For example if I call someone to help me in a fight what's the benefit to the person helping me? Just being nice?

I imagine you get souls and insight for defeating bosses.

Still haven't done any coop in this game myself.

So do Arcane and Bloodtinge actually have ANY worthwhile benefits? Almost nobody seems to bother leveling them up.

Arcane lets you use Hunter Tools, and if you want to use it for scaling arcane damage on weapons.

Bloodtinge are for guns and weapons that have it as scaling.

Basically the two stats are for specialized builds that most people don't do for their first character.

I have a pure arcane build character (50 arcane at SL 100) and you have to work *really* hard to make it work.

Basically you have shit damage until late game when you can dive into chalice dungeons. Working with enemy resistances is part of the build though so you can still eek out pretty okay damage that way.

Plus
stun locking Rom to death was super fun. Didn't even get a chance to warp.

But it basically just becomes farm chalice dungeons to try and get arcane, fire, or bolt damage gems.

I didn't find it too bad. You get Flamesprayer early on which scales with arcane and does solid damage if you keep it upgraded. Holy Blade isn't much further along & you get a fire gem about that time as well which you can slot into it. So early on, you're basically a pyromancer which is fine by me (especially since you can use oil urns to increase fire damage). Maybe it doesn't have the raw power of physical builds, but you can still deal good damage via weaknesses, you have good utility via tools & the arcane-based guns, and you get better drops than everybody else.

Toxi

Banned
Woo, level 16 and got the hammer. :D Trying to raise my str and vit so I can move onto Father G. Is he easier or harder than Cleric? I read that Cleric was an optional boss.
Father G is generally considered harder than the Cleric, but it depends on your playstyle. He has less health, but is much more mobile.

Arcane lets you use Hunter Tools, and if you want to use it for scaling arcane damage on weapons.

Bloodtinge are for guns and weapons that have it as scaling.

Basically the two stats are for specialized builds that most people don't do for their first character.

Just to clarify, Arcane also lets you scale elemental damage (lightning & fire) besides just arcane damage. Also, Arcane improves your Discovery stat which improves your drop rate from enemies.

I feel like a scub for making a (2nd) Chikage build, but I just love the weapon too much. Still more honorable than the nonsense that is Blade of Mercy. :p

I can't even begin to tell you how much more I like BB over the Souls games, and DS1 and DeS are in my top 10 of all time

This. I am a big fan on the old Souls games, but BB is just more fun to me.

Gonna upload 'em every Saturday. Probably.. There's only two recorded atm, the second one isn't even rendered.

Y'all could always subscribe.
double-finger-guns.jpg

In the video you guys talked about a hidden weapon stat serration and something else that dictates damage to certain bosses? How do you find that or what are the details?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even begin to tell you how much more I like BB over the Souls games, and DS1 and DeS are in my top 10 of all time

How much have you played it?

I'm at around 42 hours and nearing the end of NG+ main content while cleaning up the chalice dungeons. Somewhere around level 150. I think the game is fantastic and may even do an NG++, but I have a feeling that might be the end of it.

Not sure why, but I don't feel a lot of desire to start up another character and try out a different build in this like I did in the Souls games.

Yeah of course you can do pvp....but the whole sytem in BB is crap. Invasions only when you ring the bell? Yeah......this game is still "new". After a few months pvp will be dead....

I agree that it was disappointing not being invaded like you are in DS, but I've gotten non stop invasions in Mensis. I actually think the PVP will be more long lasting than DS because the combat is more meaningful and rewarding

How much have you played it?

I'm at around 42 hours and nearing the end of NG+ main content while cleaning up the chalice dungeons. Somewhere around level 150. I think the game is fantastic and may even do an NG++, but I have a feeling that might be the end of it.

Not sure why, but I don't feel a lot of desire to start up another character and try out a different build in this like I did in the Souls games.

Im at 94 hours on my first play through.
I'm right at the end though and I will definitely do a NG+ which I didn't do in any of the Souls games outside of Demons.

Nose Master

Yeah of course you can do pvp....but the whole sytem in BB is crap. Invasions only when you ring the bell? Yeah......this game is still "new". After a few months pvp will be dead....

The pvp in this game is a definite backstep for the series. Absolutely no reason to limit invasions so much, or not include a simple arena like DS2. They should have just allowed you to turn off invasions, rather than nerf it and make it shitty for *everyone*, griefers and normies alike.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Im at 94 hours on my first play through.
I'm right at the end though and I will definitely do a NG+ which I didn't do in any of the Souls games outside of Demons.

Crazy that you got so much mileage out of your first playthrough. I finished my first playthrough at like 31 hours and I did all of the content in the main game (outside of missing some small character quests), but none of the chalice dungeons.

Crazy that you got so much mileage out of your first playthrough. I finished my first playthrough at like 31 hours and I did all of the content in the main game (outside of missing some small character quests), but none of the chalice dungeons.

Ha I just checked my load game and it's actually 108 hours.
Yeah I just have one final boss in the Chalice Dungeon then I'm done. I just love it a bit too much and don't want it to end

Stat!

Going through Cathedral Ward right now - anyone up for chatting while playing tonight? May make the deaths go by easier lol!

PSN: Stat_09

TheBear

Hi guys, just cheesed the dude off the roof with the gatling gun. I have 18000 souls burning a whole in my pocket and I'm not sure how to spend it. Currently sitting around Level 28.

I have a couple of questions:

-Should I buy the Hunter Chief emblem? Is it worth getting into that area now?
-I found ritual blood but no chalice. I've just unlocked the shortcut in in the tower in old yharnam, have I missed it?
-currently using the blunderbluss, was thinking about buying a pistol for better range. What pistol is best?
-and should I keep upgrading the saw cleaver? I like it but it doesn't scale well.

thanks for the help guys :)

That
Gherman
fight was amazing.
This fricken game is so awesome.
So apparently I'm now old man Gherman. Is that the good ending or bad.

Grexeno

Played a bit of the second half of the Forbidden Woods tonight. Bold Hunter's Mark'd out when I met those crazy blue dudes.

Do those crazy magic-shooting blue dudes or those giant snake balls respawn? I'm assuming the answer is yes they do.

Played a bit of the second half of the Forbidden Woods tonight. Bold Hunter's Mark'd out when I met those crazy blue dudes.

Do those crazy magic-shooting blue dudes or those giant snake balls respawn? I'm assuming the answer is yes they do.

Ha yup they all respawn

Hi guys, just cheesed the dude off the roof with the gatling gun. I have 18000 souls burning a whole in my pocket and I'm not sure how to spend it. Currently sitting around Level 28.

I have a couple of questions:

-Should I buy the Hunter Chief emblem? Is it worth getting into that area now?
-I found ritual blood but no chalice. I've just unlocked the shortcut in in the tower in old yharnam, have I missed it?
-currently using the blunderbluss, was thinking about buying a pistol for better range. What pistol is best?
-and should I keep upgrading the saw cleaver? I like it but it doesn't scale well.

thanks for the help guys :)

- You don't need the Hunter Chief Emblem yet. You can still explore plenty at this point
- You get that chalice from a boss later(I think if I remember correctly)
- Blunderbuss is awesome for Viscerals and crowd control. Hunters Pistol is great for range though.
- Saw Cleaver is an all around awesome weapon and scales pretty well with a lot of builds. You get enough resources to level up several weapons so don't be afraid to experiment. I used the Cleaver for a long time.

Just reached (late game spoiler)
mergos wet nurse
do the enemys leading up to that fight respawn i.e
shadow of yharnam dudes and the pigs?

Late game spoiler
Also that lady in white that was outside the boss room i killed as i was paranoid and it was 2am did i screw up?

Just reached (late game spoiler)
mergos wet nurse
do the enemys leading up to that fight respawn i.e
shadow of yharnam dudes and the pigs?

Late game spoiler
Also that lady in white that was outside the boss room i killed as i was paranoid and it was 2am did i screw up?
Yes for the first question and for your second: no, she'll come after you in a chalice dungeon ;)

I can't fucking beat Watchdog of the old lords. Will someone who is good at it help me? I keep getting one shotted. Is there away around this?

TheBear

Ha yup they all respawn

- You don't need the Hunter Chief Emblem yet. You can still explore plenty at this point
- You get that chalice from a boss later(I think if I remember correctly)
- Blunderbuss is awesome for Viscerals and crowd control. Hunters Pistol is great for range though.
- Saw Cleaver is an all around awesome weapon and scales pretty well with a lot of builds. You get enough resources to level up several weapons so don't be afraid to experiment. I used the Cleaver for a long time.

Awesome thanks for the response

Toxi

Banned
That
Gherman
fight was amazing.
This fricken game is so awesome.
So apparently I'm now old man Gherman. Is that the good ending or bad.
There are three endings.

• You accept Gherman's offer and he kills you, waking you up from the dream without a final boss fight.
  • You reject Gherman's offer and fight him. The Moon Presence then beckons you to replace him and watch over the dream.
  • You reject Gherman's offer after consuming three third of umbilical cords and fight him. The Moon Presence is repulsed when it tries to entrance you, giving you a "true" final boss.

The ending you got is probably the "worst," but it's not really that bad. Sure,
you're trapped in Gherman's position, but you freed the old man from his suffering and you might enjoy the role of guiding the young hunters more than he did.
All three endings are kinda a mix of good and bad depending on how you interpret them.

Phreak47

I'm doing all of this. Fucking garbage. I dodge one and the next damn blast has predicted where I'm landing.

What worked for me was,
while running, just be watching the area immediately around you when you know the ice blasts are on their way. If you're moving, the first one will almost always miss you but you have to be ready to react to where it is and change direction away from it... that's how you dodge the rest of them.

I can't fucking beat Watchdog of the old lords. Will someone who is good at it help me? I keep getting one shotted. Is there away around this?

- Equip all your Fire resistant clothes. Bone Ashen is some of the best.
- Use the fire resistance rune
- stay in front of him and dodge in hit his head and dodge out. All you have to watch for is his Dash but you can dodge in and out the whole time and clean his clock

- stay in front of him and dodge in hit his head and dodge out. All you have to watch for is his Dash but you can dodge in and out the whole time and clean his clock

What is the best weapon to use

What is the best weapon to use? Should i lock on?

Top Bottom